Your opinion on FEH evolution from 2017 to now.

FireFenrir

The Good

Better game representation: Since launch the game eased off of the 3ds entries for new banners and seasonals. I remember the days where Tellius got little shown.

More access to resources: At the beginning getting 20k feathers took several weeks to obtain. Now that can be within a week on top of a greater orb income each month.

Better transparency: I remember it took two years for ivs to be officially stated and what is it. Having trailers that says what are the skills; rarely what are the statline is good for everyone to be clear on. Having a calander helps players avoid players from guessing what will happen to the game from a week from now.

Being a crossover: In the early days, characters from different games rarely met. Now it's all over, with forging bonds, the gag comic, and now new units.

So-So:

Summoning: I do appreciate IS efforts to make summoning better. Such as rarity swapping 3-4*, semi retiring gen 1 units, sparking on new units, leg banners each month, and tickets. But summoning Merric for the 50th time does not feel good. Worse then his kit is unchanged for years. Leads to my next point. The Rng (color circle) in rng( units) coated with rng ( boon/banes) still plagues the game.

Powercreep: I understand that there has some incentive for summoning on the new banners. But certain units from books 3&4 pushed the envelope of the ceiling. With true damage up the wazoo, controlling doubling, and super bulk.   

The groans:

New toy syndrome: I'm going call this IS treatment of mostly having efforts on the new shiny banners with everything else being a second. There are over  400+ characters, some that rarely see the light of day. Same goes with arena modes. Still boggles my mind how the story progresses. 

Feh pass: It is a scummy addition to the game.

Overall Feh seen it's ups and downs. Currently I think the game is decent for the most part. Just needs help getting into the right direction.

7 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

I don't like how little they come out with heroes tbh. Starting off the game was great and we got a new heroes banner like twice a month. I believe though we didn't get one when a special heroes banner appeared however. I think they focus on special heroes far too much and I think many characters who make their debut to the game as a special may never get their chance to shine as their own unique hero and that sucks. Something great they had was the farfetched (or whatever you want to call it) banner. We were essentially guaranteed the top characters who haven't made it to the game yet who are on the CYL poll. Special Heroes just need less focus and they should give more focus to New Heroes. I don't think there's even going to be a new heroes banner this coming month, which freaking blows.

July will almost definitely have its second main banner be New Heroes, that's how the last two years worked.

Edited by Othin

On 6/27/2020 at 6:14 AM, Jingle Jangle said:

So-So:

Powercreep: I understand that there has some incentive for summoning on the new banners. But certain units from books 3&4 pushed the envelope of the ceiling. With true damage up the wazoo, controlling doubling, and super bulk.  

Powercreep was So-So during Book II and Book 3, it definitly isnt anymore So-So lol.

A new unmerged 5 Star unit is just in BST equivalent to a +10 5 Star Gen 1 unit. Lets not even get into the exclusiv weapon effects that are now like 3-4 strong effects vs 1-2 mostly shitty effects. You can count the Gen 1 units that are still relevant/somewhat relevant on 1 hand:

Brave Ike
Brave Lyn
Reinhardt
Brave Lucina

Units with a niche:
Kagero
Seliph
Mathew

Not even gonna go into the Repell/Close Call bullshit IS has been pulling.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

A new unmerged 5 Star unit is just in BST equivalent to a +10 5 Star Gen 1 unit.

BST is not everything. Stat distribution matters far more than BST.

High BST is a bad thing for Player Phase units. Raven is still superior over the latest infantry axe units for Galeforce, not only by matching their Atk/Spd, but also by having a lot lower bulk so he can act as a Wings of Mercy beacon. For Player Phase units in general, having over 40 HP is still a bad thing since it makes the nuke vulnerable to Level 1 Bolt Traps.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

A new unmerged 5 Star unit is just in BST equivalent to a +10 5 Star Gen 1 unit. Lets not even get into the exclusiv weapon effects that are now like 3-4 strong effects vs 1-2 mostly shitty effects. You can count the Gen 1 units that are still relevant/somewhat relevant on 1 hand:

Brave Ike
Brave Lyn
Reinhardt
Brave Lucina

Units with a niche:
Kagero
Seliph
Mathew

There are far more relevant and niche units than that.

Raven is still the best Player Phase axe infantry as previously mentioned.

BH!Roy and Eliwood are still relevant since they do not need Heavy Blade Sacred Seal. They might not be Galeforcers with the best combat performance, but they are the best teammates in terms of freeing up a Sacred Seal so another unit on the team or a different team can use it. Same applies to Caeda, Clair, and Ogma if you need Galeforcers of other movement types.

Cordelia is still one of the best Player Phase lance flier, rivalled only by TSOIA!Palla. Melee raw damage nukes are less relevant, but Cherche and Elincia are still the best slow Brave fliers of their class, and Elincia is also still the best fast Brave flier of her class.

BB!Cordelia and Klein are still up there as Brave archers. Only Eleanora and SK!Alm got the stats to surpass them.

For Tharja, only Lysithea really rivals her as a Rauðrblade mage, and Nino and Linde are still the best Blade mages of their class. Celica is not a Blade mage, but she is still absolutely bonkers.

The White Wings, Cain, Abel, Luke, and Elincia are all still extremely good niche units for Røkkr Sieges. White Wings, Cain, and Abel in particular are cheap and easy to get a hold of.

Dancers/Singers from any time of release are all still really good.

Virion cannot do stat debuffs like Aversa can, but Virion can activate Panic more often and he can also Infantry Pulse his allies.

If Fury gets released as a Seal, Eldigan can be pretty effective on defense as a Lunging Wings of Mercy beacon.

Edited by XRay

For the record I agree that a wide variety of Year 1 units are still useful; in addition to the many already listed I still make frequent use of Eirika (still an outstanding buffer whose weapon's unique effect patches up her own weaker stats) and Camilla (still an amazing aura partner for Reinhardt).

For the main topic of conversation... a lot of the changes to FEH over time are good. There's more stuff to do, more ways to get units (grails, the free summon after 40 attempts, etc.), more quality of life stuff. That all matters and I don't want to take away from it.

That said, I don't like the direction they've gone with skills and other mechanics. Many of them are just way too needlessly complicated. I get that this was done as a way to create innovative (and more powerful) units without changing stats too much, but it has made the experience much less fun for me. Back in the first year I'd often calculate exactly what the enemies could do, these days that feels hopeless with all the variables in play, so I just throw things based on gut instinct and hope for the best (and hey, it usually works). But for me at least, that's less fun.

I appreciate that they add new modes but a lot of the new modes I don't really care for, so that's one source of game improvement which is falling flat for me.

Overall my opinion of FEH probably peaked sometime in its second year. The game at lunch (pre-skill inheritance) is still the weakest time in its history but its trajectory definitely does seem down these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even understand what's going on in the game anymore...there's a dozen new modes since I last played and they all seem lame.  Where's more Camilla alts?  Why hasn't Kagero gotten an alt since October 2018?