What changes would you make to Binding Blade in a potential remake?

I'm not a fan of adding skills or extra classes to FE6. I did enjoy the FE6 alternate promotions patch, but for a remake I want it to stick a little closer to refining the original rather than making broad updates to the formula. It doesn't need to fit modern FE trends and might be worse for trying to force those in.

Forges and Arms Scrolls would be fun. I wouldn't mind them, I think, because they exist "on top" of the base whereas giving Vantage to Alen would be a fairly significant and pervasive change which you can't "turn off". Adding new characters might be fine, but I think a Monk is really everything needed.

You can also hunt down my "Rapid Rebalance" to see what general tweaks I considered fruitful.

On 4/14/2023 at 10:30 PM, Whisky said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said, except for this. I like that the Critical bonus was 30% in FE6, it really makes it more impactful.

I actually made an entire thread about this, which you are also welcome to hunt down.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skills is something I'd be willing to cut from my FE6 remake, but reclass seems like it would just be such a good fit like it was for Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, that's how I see that.

FE11-13 forging is something I wish was in every new Fire Emblem game aside from Shadows of Valentia, ngl, I think it would work beautifully in GBA Fire Emblem especially