How Many Languages Can You Speak?

Carter

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Is the repetitive theme cheating? Every Filpino movie I've seen bar one was about cheating XD

No its not because i was cheating its because I keep using English during filipino classes. I had more cheating problems in math classes.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Theolexluna said:

No its not because i was cheating its because I keep using English during filipino classes. I had more cheating problems in math classes.

I was talking about the repetitive theming of Filipino movies that you said makes you not like them. And by cheating, I meant adultery.

Edited by Jotari

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I was talking about the repetitive theming of Filipino movies that you said makes you not like them. And by cheating, I meant adultery.

Oh sorry I was thinking something else but yeah that's pretty much it there's way too much cheating in the movies for me. This happens in original pinoy tv shows as well and that's something that turned me off. I do watch cinemalaya a bit more than most of the mainstream stuff they have better quality in storytelling.

• 2 weeks later...

I can speak English, French and German. I also started learning Japanese. In addition, I study several languages, because I like philology and I want to connect my life with either an academic career or a career as a translator. At the moment I am studying at the university and studying several languages at the same time. I have to do a huge amount of homework on various subjects and the company helps me with this https://assignmentbro.com/ca/do-my-homework I ask for help when I understand that I cannot complete this or that task on time.

Edited by Quang Cox

17 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

One.

You know, on further review, more like a half.

Which one? You've left the half language you speak as anonymous as your speed.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I am fluent in both English and Spanish. In addition, I am learning French in Paris. Languages make it easier for me to travel and learn new things. For non-linguists, I believe it is crucial to the point where you must know them in order to survive. Spending time studying foreign languages is less significant than mastering the language spoken where you live. Which would at the very least assist your youngster in his or her essays edit. Learning languages for the sake of learning languages is, in my opinion, worthless. I could have learned additional languages, but I decided that my time would be better spent on more practical endeavors.

Edited by JasmineForsyth4k

• 1 month later...
On 16.11.2020 at 01:58, Carter said:

Я родился и вырос в США, поэтому я говорю на английском как на родном языке. Я филиппинец, но мои родители никогда не учили ни меня, ни моих братьев и сестер тагальскому :(

Впервые я выучил итальянский за семь лет от средней школы до окончания средней школы. Сейчас я учусь на втором курсе колледжа, и я не встречал много людей, говорящих по-итальянски, но я все еще использую его каждый день для развлечения. Я даже перевела язык телефона на итальянский, чтобы продолжить обучение. Затем я начал изучать корейский около 6 месяцев назад, и я думаю, что это очень интересный и забавный язык для написания и изучения! А всего две недели назад я начал немного учить испанский, чтобы удивить своих испаноязычных друзей в кампусе.

Мне нравится слушать рассказы других людей о языках. На скольких языках вы можете говорить и как/когда вы их выучили?

Hi
I can speak in fucking languages
Russian
Ukrainian
English
Spanish

I come from Ukraine, so Ukrainian is my native language. Living in Poland now. I think it is natural to learn the language of the  country you stay in. Both Polish and Ukrainian are Slavic languages from the Indo-European family. There were no problems with learning Polish. I am currently studying English. I communicate with native speakers with Go Speaky. Good service for live communication. Grammarly.com helps with correspondence, scans your text for all types of mistakes, from typos to sentence structure problems and beyond. In the future I plan to take up German and French.

Edited by Filentin

1 hour ago, Filentin said:

I come from Ukraine, so Ukrainian is my native language. Living in Poland now. I think it is natural to learn the language of the  country you stay in. Both Polish and Ukrainian are Slavic languages from the Indo-European family. There were no problems with learning Polish. I am currently studying English. I communicate with native speakers with Go Speaky. Good service for live communication. Grammarly.com helps with correspondence, scans your text for all types of mistakes, from typos to sentence structure problems and beyond. In the future I plan to take up German and French.

Are you paid to promote those websites?

2 minutes ago, Filentin said:

No, why do you think so?

Because it's your first post on the site promoting companies and there have been what are clearly bots doing that before. Specifically on the page about gambling.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow! I'm truly fascinated by your language journey. It's wonderful that you've taken the initiative to learn different languages and immerse yourself in various linguistic experiences. When I was young, I have been into watching anime. Since I was always watching a lot of anime shows, I was able to pick some words and learned Japanese slowly. Now, I can understand a few words and even construct simple Japanese sentences.

• 1 month later...

Dad met mom in Germany while in the Army and brought her over to the US back in the ‘50’s

Looking back now I wish she woulda taught us some German, if anything just to keep a connection to our roots

• 2 weeks later...

if we talking generally, 3 (eng, cantonese and french), but im really only fluent in english bc born chinese in america experience REAL

• 3 weeks later...

Unlike most the testimonials here, the answer for me is "just one". Turns out that, when there's zero necessity or pressure to learn a foreign language, it's way harder than when you do have to for some reason. (Also, when there are few in-person classes in your area to learn foreign languages so you have to do stuff online, even though 90% of online learning is a cesspool of wasted time and unrealized productivity).

Less than ideal, I guess, but when your own native language is good enough to communicate anywhere in the world I don't really see that as a big L.

I did try to learn Farsi (Afghan version) for maybe a year. But since the entire thing hinged 100% on my own being motivated enough to take continuous initiatives, that sputtered out after a while. I can still string together some basic phrases, though I have no idea how any of it's spelled. Before that I took two semesters of Spanish in college, but TBH I'm not sure how much I remember from that nowadays.

Edited by Hrothgar777

• 1 month later...