How to add playable charater in FE GBA

Hasechi

I intend to dowload a FE ROM hack. Then use FEBuilder to add playable charaters to that game from the beginning(want to do the same with any FE GBA games. Their potrait & palette aren't important to me (right now), just use another NPC portrait is ok.

Edited by Hasechi

@Benice Ok... I want to add charaters to every ROM hack as playable units, join those armies from the beginning of the game. With different class & growth rate between every ROM hack. About their palette & portrait,  just copying & using those from NPCs,bosses. I think it would make things alot easier

So I think it is "or add new ones to begin with" like you said.

Edited by Hasechi

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

So I think it is "or add new ones to begin with" like you said.

Ok, it's fairly simple, I think.

Once you open FEBuilder, go to Character editor and find a slot that is unused-A slot named "Enemy" is most likely one. From there, it's pretty straightforward in terms of making the character(s).

Next, click on Unit Placer for the first map. Click Alloc new space, select the amount of units to the amount you want to add, select the Unit number to be the ones you want 'em to be. You can also move these units around and stuff here, so you might want to do that if it's necessary.

To add the characters into the game, create an event that occurs on turn 1*, (Go to Advanced Editors->Event condition) set start and end to turn 1, click on the new event button, select player or ally reinforcement. You should see a box like this:

Spoiler

0nMdE3r.png

Double click on the top event thing, (the one that says Load Units and move. If player unit, join party) and copy-paste the address from the Unit placer menu. This should add your units into the game!

Note that they won't appear on maps that don't have prep screens, since that uses fixed deployment, so you'll have to manually add in your characters in that case. (In this case, I think you'll want to use the"Load units and move" event, but I don't remember exactly how it works.)

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

how ?
"create an event that 
occurs on turn 1*, (Go to Advanced Editors->Event condition)" 

That event will already exist for loading the characters the player gets at the start of the first chapter anyway. You just need to go to the unit placement, increase the allies loaded list by 1 (the one featuring Marcus and Roy etc) and add your new character to the list using their ID.

49 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I have 1 problem @Jotari. I added her, it worked, but she disapear in the next chapter:

1056192248_AmongtheLiving_02.png.3e4d7880507f994d7aaa5a4bc57040fe.png1063230766_AmongtheLiving_03.png.c14581777b0d20501dc7a9f85838bbbb.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1236755607_AmongtheLiving_01.png.a80e47890cad6870fdc9fb716ef6ab3b.png

Did you have base preparations? If not then add her to the list for the next chapter like before until you reach a chapter with base preparations. If she's added to your army like your other characters then I see no reason why she'd vanish.

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

@Jotari I added her like this:

5djPdvI.png

I believe that is exactly like you said. But I understand your point. I think I'll keep adding her to next chapters in "player placement" until "preparations". available

If that doesn't work add her to the chapter start event too. You'll also have to find where in the game that specific enemy is used and replace them with other enemies, otherwise a bunch of your character will show up as enemies in one chapter.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

If that doesn't work add her to the chapter start event too. You'll also have to find where in the game that specific enemy is used and replace them with other enemies, otherwise a bunch of your character will show up as enemies in one chapter.

lol sound fun xD. You know how to make bosses of the map move toward the player units instead of standing idle wait to be attacked?

Edited by Hasechi

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

lol sound fun xD. You know how to make bosses of the map move toward the player units instead of standing idle wait to be attacked?

That's also on the Unit Placer. See in the image you posted above there's four drop down menus above the unit's items? That's where you can control NPC and Enemy AI. You can also use a turn event to alter this AI mid battle if, say for example, you want the boss to start charging on turn five or something