Posting troubles - I think it's over...

VincentASM

Some people have told me that they cannot post because the forum keeps telling them that flood control is in effect.

I'll admit I have no clue what's up, besides a possible link to the wrong date of 2nd December that keeps appearing, however I'll continue to look into what's up. Maybe when another admin comes on, they might have an idea.

EDIT

Oh well, I'll temporarily disable flood control, which should enable posts to get through.

Edited by VincentASM

I'll admit I have no clue what's up, besides a possible link to the wrong date of 2nd December that keeps appearing, however I'll continue to look into what's up. Maybe when another admin comes on, they might have an idea.

Probably that. I dunno why the server's time would be off by two days, though. o_O

As I implied via PM: chances are that the comments of some members were interpreted as spam because there were "future" posts from them already.

Since you've already disabled flood control, I can't test that right now, but... if I'm right, you'll be able to safely re-enable it by December 3rd.

If that problem resurfaces, then it'd be a deeper technical issue indeed.

That seems like the most logical explanation. I was on the right track, but I didn't even think to connect the two phenomena DX

I'm also thinking it might have something to do with either or both of: Me adding in new Calendar events recently and the fact that 30th November 2008 is right before the next month, December.

It has to be something at least related to the calendar, not only because of the Dec 2 thing, but also because it's not displaying the fact that my birthday falls today, yet the board is displaying today's date correctly... What that is, I have no idea, since I can't understand why it would suddenly think that posts were coming in on December 2nd.

Edited by Lord Glenn

If the posts are out of order, I know you can change in the ACP to have them ordered by post ID as opposed to date... which, barring issues like this, would normally amount to the same thing anyhow.

Edited by SwordsAreShiney

So I'm assuming something is wrong with the ACP keeping the date at Dec 02? Things seem fine on my side, but this is a very peculiar problem. Nothing I've seen on any of the sites I've administered (Isn't that right Jeffy-poo? ^_^) though Jeff's idea to order them by post ID will help for keeping them in order definitely, but that's only a partial solution, I guess we'll have to deal without flood control, but ask the members to be mature enough to not post every 5 seconds?

Probably that. I dunno why the server's time would be off by two days, though. o_O

Server was updated like, yesterday or so. Maybe that did something. Let's see if it fixes itself.