Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

IIRC, how TH did it was they did one character per house and then a church character per week. I believe it was sometime in late May, early June when they finished up character reveals, which was about a month before the game dropped. At the same time E3 was happening (and we got the timeskip bombshell). I have a good feeling we'll at least get 3 reveals per week.

it was black eagles > blue lions > golden deer > church

EDIT:  with some exceptions like when they revealed villains.

Edited by Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I haven’t been on this forum in a hot second, but I am so excited for Fire Emblem Engage! Thanks for making this thread - it will help me keep up with all the news from Twitter. 😅

np! I'm just as excited for the game and it's nice to know people's thoughts on it!

1 hour ago, Azz said:

IIRC, how TH did it was they did one character per house and then a church character per week. I believe it was sometime in late May, early June when they finished up character reveals, which was about a month before the game dropped. At the same time E3 was happening (and we got the timeskip bombshell). I have a good feeling we'll at least get 3 reveals per week.

58 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Three houses characters were showcased every 1-3 days, it depended. It ran from april 25th with byleth to july 6th with cyril.

Very precise, both of you, thanks! So it seems we can expect around two characters a week 🙂

I wonder if the new cast will be smaller than normal though, to make room for the Emblems to get some development (I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping for the latter). FE8 and SoV had relatively small casts, so I don't think it's too far fetched a suggestion to make.

Some minor leak discussion about cast size:

Spoiler

In the leaks we saw a glimpse of the support menu and based on the number of characters on the screen and the scroll bar's position, it seems like we can expect at least 36 characters probably

On 9/15/2022 at 12:56 PM, Crubat said:

People who say three houses looks better are lying to themselves. Also yeah, I hope the weapon balancing isnt as bad as fates, I want to be able to upgrade my weapons without having penalties for using it, make it small pls.

also hello fellow loona stan!

If I can play a little Devil's Advocate, I think it depends on what you value in graphics or art design.

I would compare the reactions comparing Three Houses and Engage to that of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Twilight Princess graphics and art are liked by many for their detail and textures, while others think it looks muddy and ugly. On the other side, Skyward Sword went for a smoother less indepth look which was divisive as well.

When you look at the Monastery for instance, you can just see from the textures of how historical it is, how weathered it looks from withstanding centuries. Engage doesn't have that. It's going for a brighter and smoother look where things look a little plain to some people.

At least that's how I view things and why Three Houses style might still seem more appealing depending on your tastes.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

If I can play a little Devil's Advocate, I think it depends on what you value in graphics or art design.

I would compare the reactions comparing Three Houses and Engage to that of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Twilight Princess graphics and art are liked by many for their detail and textures, while others think it looks muddy and ugly. On the other side, Skyward Sword went for a smoother less indepth look which was divisive as well.

When you look at the Monastery for instance, you can just see from the textures of how historical it is, how weathered it looks from withstanding centuries. Engage doesn't have that. It's going for a brighter and smoother look where things look a little plain to some people.

At least that's how I view things and why Three Houses style might still seem more appealing depending on your tastes.

I'm not talking about the aesthetic of the game, the textures in three houses look really ugly and the dull coloring did not help at all. Now I'm not saying Engage is the best looking switch game, but the style that they went it for looks miles better and the brighter colors really makes it much more appealing to look at. I've seen so many of my friends say that it's pretty and how relieved they are they didn't repeat three houses' style.

26 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

This is how I feel about the two too: they each go for a different feel altogether, so comparing them directly is an apples/ oranges situation.

However, I imagine Engage's art is going to age better because it's going for a more fanciful style instead of a more realistic one, and (as much as I like 3H's style) I'm happy for that.

14 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Unfortunately seems like no tweet today, time to wait for tomorrow ;-;

I don't think anything ever happened during the weekend during 3H's pre-release. It's been a minute though.

Maybe we'll get something on Wednesday, then Friday or something. Or who knows, the game announcement's one week anniversary is tomorrow, so maybe we'll get something then (and on every Tuesday, perhaps).

But also, it's probably better to wait a bit longer before deciding either way, yes 😛

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I really wish they would create an official English Twitter for the franchise like they already do for Heroes.

At way we could actually get English footage and information at the same time as our Japanese counterparts without having to wait for a trailer.

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised we don't already have an English Twitter to be honest. Maybe they think fan translators are doing enough hype work in the West? 😐

9 hours ago, Crubat said:

Unfortunately no, they're *really* taking their time with this next post huh

To be fair, last week we got info about both Alears, Vander and a reveal for the game itself: it's going to be hard to top that 😛

Also, if the news cycle is more limited than for Three Houses, it may mean the cast is smaller this time around, which in turn would mean we're either getting more focused character development OR proper characterization for the Emblems, both of which would be good news (unless the Emblems completely overshadow the new cast, but I doubt that'll happen for anyone other than Marth. And maybe Lucina, I guess?)

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

To be fair, last week we got info about both Alears, Vander and a reveal for the game itself: it's going to be hard to top that 😛

Also, if the news cycle is more limited than for Three Houses, it may mean the cast is smaller this time around, which in turn would mean we're either getting more focused character development OR proper characterization for the Emblems, both of which would be good news (unless the Emblems completely overshadow the new cast, but I doubt that'll happen for anyone other than Marth. And maybe Lucina, I guess?)

I know the game just got announced but I just want to analyze everything they release about this game ;-; getting a more developed cast of characters like echoes would be great, though.

10 hours ago, Crubat said:

but I just want to analyze everything they release about this game ;-;

I'm with you there, don't worry!

10 hours ago, Crubat said:

getting a more developed cast of characters like echoes would be great, though.

But with more supports, I would hope! Like FE8!

something to remember guys: three houses dont have recruitment ala past FE game. where theres some map-specific NPC recruitment, recurring encounter NPC, and some enemy that you can "sway" to your side. so that means they wont show all party members in the tweet, because that would be spoilers, unlike 3H where every possible members can be encountered and featured since early game.

so its possible 1 character per week is the most we will get. since theres around 16-17 week, and that is enough to cover characters thats guaranteed to join. or possibly 2 characters per week (but now including the prominent villain) nearing the release after theres a big gameplay trailers. also its the norm for trailers drop first, then followed by info tweet. we only got announcement trailer with no explanation, doubt they will rush to info dump us any time soon before next trailers

Edited by joevar

2 hours ago, joevar said:

something to remember guys: three houses dont have recruitment ala past FE game. where theres some map-specific NPC recruitment, recurring encounter NPC, and some enemy that you can "sway" to your side. so that means they wont show all party members in the tweet, because that would be spoilers, unlike 3H where every possible members can be encountered and featured since early game.

so its possible 1 character per week is the most we will get. since theres around 16-17 week, and that is enough to cover characters thats guaranteed to join. or possibly 2 characters per week (but now including the prominent villain) nearing the release after theres a big gameplay trailers. also its the norm for trailers drop first, then followed by info tweet. we only got announcement trailer with no explanation, doubt they will rush to info dump us any time soon before next trailers

These are really good points, I didn't think about that! I guess Three Houses spoiled us in that regard xD Thank you very much for the reality check! So if we do only have one reveal a week, I guess it'll be a Friday thing? You know, get us something to think about before the weekend and all that~

Yeah I was actually thinking about that. We may be getting 1 or 2 characters at the end of every week since we got Alear and Vander info last Thursday and Friday. So hopefully between tomorrow and Friday we'll get Framme and her bro. We might then get some early recruits and then some important characters from each realm (like Alfred, the red-head who I am presuming is Alcryst, goth girl and spinning girl).

I think this is a case more similar to echoes, with being announced 4 months before release. If I remember correctly, for echoes we'd have to wait for famitsu issues to show off the characters, which then would be shown off shortly after in the japanese website for echoes.

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

I think this is a case more similar to echoes, with being announced 4 months before release. If I remember correctly, for echoes we'd have to wait for famitsu issues to show off the characters, which then would be shown off shortly after in the japanese website for echoes.

I guess that's possible, but it would be a bit weird if this was treated the same as a 3DS remake instead of a mainline console entry like Three Houses.

Then again, this was revealed really close to release so maybe those comparisons are inevitable. Hopefully the late reveal was to not mess with Hopes and not because IS has little faith in Engage...

39 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Then again, this was revealed really close to release so maybe those comparisons are inevitable. Hopefully the late reveal was to not mess with Hopes and not because IS has little faith in Engage...

If they had "little faith" in the game, then I doubt Nintendo would've chosen it to headline their Nintendo Direct. More like, they wanted to leave room for Three Hopes, while also avoiding the arduous wait that accompanied Three Houses after its reveal.

I don't quite remember it off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure the rollout for Fates characters was also slow enough too, Three Houses was probably just different due to the amount of characters you get at the very beginning of the game and you kinda had to know them all before choosing a route so it makes sense we pretty much met everyone before it released (same with Three Hopes). So I wouldn't worry at this lack of info dumping, if anything we were spoiled during Three Houses/Hopes releases. I imagine we'll probably get Framme and her bro soon enough since they are early recruits ala Vander and we may get a lul in info until a Famitsu release of a new trailer possibly (hopefully).