Brawling is back in Engage, what does this mean for Heroes?

Jotari

So it seems on retrospect is was a bad idea to release the Ashen Wolves so early in Heroes life cycle. Since Brawling is back in Fire Emblem Engage. We see at least one character getting close and personal with the fisty cuffs. What does this mean for Heroes? Will they keep ignoring Brawling as a fighting type even if more games get released with it? Or will they now include it even though the obvious cast of brawlers is still very limited (Balthus, Caspar, Leopald and Framme {the Engage character}). And if they do decide to add in Brawling, what are they going to do with Balthus? Release an ascended version of him? That could work, but it still kind of sucks that they just used him as fodder trash in his default form. They've also already used Enlightened One Byleth in both genders too, which was one of the other potential brawlers. Rhea's class also has brawling proficency, be we already have to Rheas in two dragon forms and the Sword of Serios feels like it should take precedent over something she only did once in a cutscene.

Edited by Jotari

I'm not expecting them to do anything with Brawling in Heroes. They were obviously aware that they would implement Brawling into the next mainline games, so it's weird for them to have not made some effort of already adding it to Heroes. At this point the story for Heroes will probably conclude in a few more books, and after some time they might release a Heroes 2 that has Brawling.

When I caught a glimpse of the new FEH Channel and they were teasing a new weapon type, I half expected it to be Gauntlets, not Rearmed Heroes.

At this point, I feel like they missed the boat. But it's not impossible I guess. It did take a while for Beasts to be added.