What other weapons and movement types do you think the Emblems could represent?

DefyingFates

In the trailer we saw Sigurd use both swords and lances. If we assume he can equip both of those and it isn't purely a visual thing, that opens the door for a bit more diversity and makes up for six of the Emblems seemingly using swords by default. And while it's a stretch, it may mean Sigurd isn't the only non-Infantry Emblem as well.

So, as someone who's only played ~half of the entries I wanted to see what you all thought the other Emblems could use, taking into account their home games and FEH alts (since Ike and Lucina showed that FEE doesn't mind borrowing from there). Off the top of my head:

• Marth: is always infantry sword-locked in his game appearances, but has used a bow and axe in his FEH alts (and been cavalry and armor).
  • Celica: always infantry, but can use both tomes and swords. This seems a safe bet for FEE too.
  • Sigurd: cavalry, we've seen him use swords and lances.
  • Leif: is a bow cavalier in FEH and a Trickster in FE13 (thus used staves) but otherwise sword-infantry.
  • Roy: another sword infantry only, but has used horses and a bow in FEH.
  • Lyn: same as Roy, but Blade Lord could also use bows in FE7.
  • Eirika: goes from sword infantry to sword cavalier in FE8, but has used magic and a lance in FEH. Considering Ephraim taught her how to fight and Lyon taught her magic according to FEH, I could see either option working (though magic is obviously more of a stretch).
  • Ike: obviously I expect Ragnell to show up in addition to Urvan. Maybe brawling too?
  • Micaiah: she flies in a bunch of FEH alts, but unless staves are a valid option I can't think of anything else she could use.
  • Lucina: again, I'd expect her signature sword at some point, but who knows: maybe Brave Lucina's lance could show up too?
  • Corrin: she's using a dragonstone in the mural, so I imagine she'll have both that power and Yato.
  • Byleth: he's proficient in (white) magic and brawling in addition to the sword, but if we can only choose one it'd probably be the latter? Brave F!Byleth flies, so maybe M!Byleth can too?

So... yeah, not much in the way of movement options, which is weird since one of Sigurd + Alfred's boosted abilities is Override which feels like it would be cavalry exclusive. Maybe bonuses are all about everyone's weapons matching up instead? What do you all think?

I think it'd be a valid strategy (while being hilarious) if anyone who only has one weapon proficiency get brawling as a second by default. Roy's our boy!

Hmmmm:

-Marth is very difficult since he pretty much always just has Falchion or his rapier. If I were to give him an alternate weapon, I think lance or bow would fit him the most, purely so he could have all three Archanean regalia, since he already has Mercurius (and if we're going by inheritance, both Chrom and Lucina naturally have access to cav and archer so you could say it comes from Marth way back in their ancestral line XD)

-Celica is clearly sword and tome, possibly staves too. Pretty self explanatory.

-Sigurd would of course be sword/lance.

-Leif is sword of course. After that, he could be bow since that is what his legendary version has in FEH. He could also get staves cause of Nanna (also Master Knight has access to all weapons, but I feel like staves would make the most sense).

-Roy again, swords. Maybe lances from his dad's promoted class. He did get taught by Cecillia, also Lilina relation, so he could have tomes. And dragonstones cause Eliwood/Ninian canon fite me

-Lyn is sword/bow, simple.

-Eirika would be sword with lance or tomes cause of Ephraim and Lyon.

-Ike would be swords and axes.

-Miccy I can only see as tomes and staves. She is literally never depicted as anything else lol.

-Lucina would of course have swords along with her bows. Possibly lances as well.

-Corrin would be dragonstone and swords. She could also have tomes and staves thanks to her two promos.

-Finally Byleth would be swords and tomes, maybe brawling depending on how that works.

A lot of sword/bows lol but that's all I can imagine. I love how even though they tried to decrease all the swordies, it's still all swordies bar one lol.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

• Celica: always infantry, but can use both tomes and swords. This seems a safe bet for FEE too.

If we're not getting Alm then I could see them giving Celica bows in reference to him.

•  
  • Leif: is a bow cavalier in FEH and a Trickster in FE13 (thus used staves) but otherwise sword-infantry.

Leif could actually use all weapons except dark magic as a cavalry. Though what makes it a weird case is that it's not the way he fights in his own game, that's what he has in Genealogy where he's a side character. I'm mostly expecting them to ignore that though (Heroes did, with legendary Leif being a Thracia character).

•  
  • Eirika: goes from sword infantry to sword cavalier in FE8, but has used magic and a lance in FEH. Considering Ephraim taught her how to fight and Lyon taught her magic according to FEH, I could see either option working (though magic is obviously more of a stretch).

There's also Awakening's bride Eirika which had staves, bows, lances. While I doubt they'll take directly from that, I could see her having staff access for game balance.

• Ike: obviously I expect Ragnell to show up in addition to Urvan. Maybe brawling too?

Yes. We need to be able to spam Ike's jab combo in actual Fire Emblem.

•  
  • Lucina: again, I'd expect her signature sword at some point, but who knows: maybe Brave Lucina's lance could show up too?

Lances aren't some random thing given to Brave Lucina. She can uses lances as a Great Lord in her own game.

• Corrin: she's using a dragonstone in the mural, so I imagine she'll have both that power and Yato.

Tomes and staves are a thing for Corrin to given Nohr/Hoshido Noble.

• Byleth: he's proficient in (white) magic and brawling in addition to the sword, but if we can only choose one it'd probably be the latter? Brave F!Byleth flies, so maybe M!Byleth can too?

I don't really see Byleth flying but I could see them using all weapon types in reference to Three Houses.

Edited by Jotari

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't really see Byleth flying but I could see them using all weapon types in reference to Three Houses.

If nothing else, Teach should get Brawling. It was introduced in 3H, and they have a boon in it. There's a case for staves or offensive magic, too, based on their Faith talent.

We seem to be missing either an Armored Emblem, or a Flying Emblem. I can't think of who would fit either one (shame no Claude, Edelgard, or Hector), but there's probably a Heroes alt that can satisfy this.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

If nothing else, Teach should get Brawling. It was introduced in 3H, and they have a boon in it. There's a case for staves or offensive magic, too, based on their Faith talent.

Oh yes. The fact that Enlightened One has Brawling proficiency is one of the things I most like about it. It's cool to have a Buddha who masters the art of the spiritual magics and uses the backbone of a god as a sword, yet still values a good old punch to the face.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

We seem to be missing either an Armored Emblem, or a Flying Emblem. I can't think of who would fit either one (shame no Claude, Edelgard, or Hector), but there's probably a Heroes alt that can satisfy this.

I think Hector is probably the biggest lost in terms of gameplay. I'm not surprised, because Lyn and boobs (and to a lesser extent arrows). But you're going to have a harder time contriving any other character into an armoured role than Hector (or Edelgard). Heroes gives Ike a few armoured alts and while that does work for Heroes, eh, I'd feel it a bit more out of place in traditional Fire Emblem. Course armorued units also traditionally suck in traditional Emblem, so their loss is probably no real loss at all.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Lances aren't some random thing given to Brave Lucina. She can uses lances as a Great Lord in her own game

Oh I know, I just namedropped Geirskogul specifically to go with Thogn, which is also FEH-original.

Tomes and staves are a thing for Corrin to given Nohr/Hoshido Noble

True, but I was wondering if there may be an upper limit of two for usable weapons unless we're taking the 3H route again. Speaking of...

If Byleth is the last Emblem to unlock, maybe he could do this as a late-game incentive to use him over those you've surely levelled Bonds for at that point?

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Yeah, so there may be a chance movement is irrelevant for Emblems. Either that or the Emblems can be reclassed just like the regular cast. That could be fun~

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

I dont know if seasonals count but sigurd also used magic in feh. 

Yeah, magic's a weird one since you need to be born with it in most FEs (even in FEH you have people who are terrible or have terrible spell lists), so I'm not sure if mage alts should be considered as canon unless there's an explicit explanation given for it (e.g. Eirika being taught by Lyon and having the temperament for it). Granted the same goes for bows and even other melee weapons too, so we'll see how things go, I guess. Again, this is all for moot if anyone can equip any weapon like in 3H~

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh I know, I just namedropped Geirskogul specifically to go with Thogn, which is also FEH-original.

True, but I was wondering if there may be an upper limit of two for usable weapons unless we're taking the 3H route again. Speaking of...

If Byleth is the last Emblem to unlock, maybe he could do this as a late-game incentive to use him over those you've surely levelled Bonds for at that point?

Yeah, so there may be a chance movement is irrelevant for Emblems. Either that or the Emblems can be reclassed just like the regular cast. That could be fun~

Well Sigurd has the canto/canter/re-move skill suggesting movement type will have some kind of influence.

45 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well Sigurd has the canto/canter/re-move skill suggesting movement type will have some kind of influence.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Well then, maybe FEE will group fliers and cavalry under one "banner" of skills and infantry and armored units under another? Similar to FEH's Ideal/ Catch Skill split. I don't think we saw Sigurd on horseback in any murals, so if we put anyone who's used a horse either in the home titles or FEH on one here (so Leif, Roy, Lyn and Eirika to go with Sigurd*), that may balance things out at least a little. Hmm...

You know, I was thinking this earlier today too, but Eirika having her brave kit like Ike could have opened a few more door customization-wise on top of almost having Ephraim alongside her in spirit. Huh.

* I'm using non-seasonals for now.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

It's actually a bit of a shame they didn't use Kris represent Mystery of the Emblem. They could have done anything weaponwise with Kris.

Unfortunately they seem pretty deadset on the idea that they've been lost to history and nobody in the future games remembers them.

9 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Unfortunately they seem pretty deadset on the idea that they've been lost to history and nobody in the future games remembers them.

9 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I never thought about that affecting the multiverse as well, but here we are, huh?

Well in a meta multiversal cosmic respect they did get into Heroes eventually. So, while less popular than the later avatars, IS does know they exist and what ever inuniverse over arching entity that decides heroic importance deemed them important enough to get summoned to Askr. Mystery of the Emblem in general is also a title conspicuously missing from the wheel (and I dont mean conspicuously like its a mystery, the answer is obvious, it's more like noticeably, I guess?) which Kris would be best suited for filling.

On the other hand, Kris, while an absolute beast in terms of gameplay, is a bit underwhelming in terms of gameplay style. By that I mean they don't have their own unique class or weapon or any special story powers. The only main character other than Kris lacking their own special weapon is Micaiah (unless you include Thani) who more than makes up for it in the special powers department.

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well in a meta multiversal cosmic respect they did get into Heroes eventually. So, while less popular than the later avatars, IS does know they exist and what ever inuniverse over arching entity that decides heroic importance deemed them important enough to get summoned to Askr. Mystery of the Emblem in general is also a title conspicuously missing from the wheel (and I dont mean conspicuously like its a mystery, the answer is obvious, it's more like noticeably, I guess?) which Kris would be best suited for filling.

On the other hand, Kris, while an absolute beast in terms of gameplay, is a bit underwhelming in terms of gameplay style. By that I mean they don't have their own unique class or weapon or any special story powers. The only main character othwe than Kris lacking their own special weapon is Micaiah (unless you include Thani) who more than makes up for it in the special powers department.

Its funny cause in kris' forging bonds, the gag was that they were a shadow hero and no one knows about them and there was nothing written in the library about them and no one knew them until they asked Marth and his companions about them 😭

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

The only main character other than Kris lacking their own special weapon is Micaiah (unless you include Thani) who more than makes up for it in the special powers department.

Fair enough. Maybe she could get one of her FEH Prfs to fill that niche? To be fair, Sigurd seems to have Ridersbane as his main weapon in the mural and trailer even though he has Tyrfing too, so who knows if "has a Prf" weapon is important to IS' selection process or not.

4 hours ago, Crubat said:

Its funny cause in kris' forging bonds, the gag was that they were a shadow hero and no one knows about them and there was nothing written in the library about them and no one knew them until they asked Marth and his companions about them 😭

True! So Kris is still considered important by the multiverse too! (Or again, IS's selection process 😛 )

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Fair enough. Maybe she could get one of her FEH Prfs to fill that niche? To be fair, Sigurd seems to have Ridersbane as his main weapon in the mural and trailer even though he has Tyrfing too, so who knows if "has a Prf" weapon is important to IS' selection process or not.

True! So Kris is still considered important by the multiverse too! (Or again, IS's selection process 😛 )

Well I'd less say "having a prf is important" and more "important characters have prfs". If they did put Kris in then giving them Gradivus or Patrhia wouldn't be an issue (or even Starlight). Marth already has Mercurius, but he's probably not using any of the other Regalia.

Alright, sounds like a fun excercise, 2 weapons and a movement type for each FE I've played:

Marth: Mercurius, Falchion | Infantry
Celica: Beloved Zofia, Ragnarok | Infantry
Roy: Sword of Seals, Armads (because it's his father in law's weapon and why not go for the gut punch) | Cavalry (because his dad could why not him)
Lyn: Sol Katti, Rienfleche | cavalry (it's in the family)
Eirika: Sieglinde, Siegmund | Cavalry
Ike: Urvan, Ragnell | Infantry
Micaiah: Thani, Physic | Infantry
Lucina: Parthia, Gradivus | Flier (because her most canon mom had a pegasus)
Corrin: Dragon Stone, Yato | Infantry
Byleth: Sword of the Creator, Dragon Claws | Infantry

5 hours ago, whase said:

Alright, sounds like a fun excercise, 2 weapons and a movement type for each FE I've played:

Marth: Mercurius, Falchion | Infantry
Celica: Beloved Zofia, Ragnarok | Infantry
Roy: Sword of Seals, Armads (because it's his father in law's weapon and why not go for the gut punch) | Cavalry (because his dad could why not him)
Lyn: Sol Katti, Rienfleche | cavalry (it's in the family)
Eirika: Sieglinde, Siegmund | Cavalry
Ike: Urvan, Ragnell | Infantry
Micaiah: Thani, Physic | Infantry
Lucina: Parthia, Gradivus | Flier (because her most canon mom had a pegasus)
Corrin: Dragon Stone, Yato | Infantry
Byleth: Sword of the Creator, Dragon Claws | Infantry

This is a really good list! I was asking if everyone thought all the Emblems would have multiple weapon types, so if you want to justify another weapon for Marth feel free! We know he can use Rapier in Engage too, if you wanted to go with confirmed info too 🙂

As for Lucina, wouldn't Thogn and Geirskogul make more sense, given she's already referencing FEH?

But as I said, other than those this is a really well thought out list and I can see most of them happening!

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

As for Lucina, wouldn't Thogn and Geirskogul make more sense, given she's already referencing FEH?

Personally, I'm hoping that Heroes references are kept to a minimum. At that point, she's basically stopped being an Awakening character and is only a Heroes character. And I'll admit that part of that is just that I don't like Heroes, but I also feel that if there is to be Heroes representation, it should;'t come at the expense of other games.

9 hours ago, lenticular said:

Personally, I'm hoping that Heroes references are kept to a minimum. At that point, she's basically stopped being an Awakening character and is only a Heroes character. And I'll admit that part of that is just that I don't like Heroes, but I also feel that if there is to be Heroes representation, it should;'t come at the expense of other games.

Exactly this, this is why my list included all weapons from their respective original games. Awakening plays out in Archanea, giving her Magvel's Nidhog, or some Heroes only weapon just doesn't quite cut it for me. Awakening itself gave her the ability to wield bows too you know, reclassing is a thing there.

But yeah, granted, taking her design from heroes already, other heroes-only stuff can happen too.