[FE8] The Princess's Lament - A Sacred Stones rebalance, rewrite, overhaul, expansion extravaganza!

Saint Rubenio

On 1/24/2023 at 5:27 PM, judge09 said:

Thx for your fast answer, i plan to finish your hack and i will make a last topic of what i notice or could changer also i forgot to said that i really love Melvin the spider and Noval relation, also, maybe make more support for Norval even (if you want or feel like it needs more support) xD.

Also for the evolution of Melvin i got an idea, you see since he is a baby, make the same spider sprite but 2X times less bigger. and the evolution is the size of a spider monster in FE8.

I really love your story and especially Seth ....th.

I'm a bit late, but I'm glad you're enjoying the hack! As for your idea for Melville... It did cross my mind, but I have zero experience animating. It would be impossible for me to make a tiny spider sprite, I'm afraid, and I don't believe any exists in the public repository.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:45 AM, ranger016 said:
  Hide contents

Not sure if you already know this but, I think this scene is misplaced.

1.PNG.be3b6ad1879f23b20eda5b03612f6063.PNG

This happens after chapter 10, so Glen isn't dead yet. Not anything major but just something you might want to rearrange.

Oh dear. That's a problem all right. I'll have to change up the wording there a bit.

On 1/28/2023 at 2:38 PM, judge09 said:

I notice a big bug in chapter 17 when you are surrounded by the enemy troup, if you go in a fort and attack it or attack the enemy when you are attacked the game will crash here

Huh. That's odd. I never saw anything like it. If I may ask, what emulator are you using? Because that sounds like it could be emulator issues.

On 1/28/2023 at 2:38 PM, judge09 said:

Also some class need to be changed from the general their class need to be more unique, for example here a sprite i made for RIEV i could make it better i take me like 30 minutes to do this since i'm an animator i can, it's inspired by a Sage animation FE7, Riev control dark, light, and anima magic with S Tiers. Til his name "Blood Beryl" this is why it's red.

r.png.4ea8773baa6ead17e420d08304ccb24b.png

Well, thanks for the animation! I didn't really have intention to change more animations, but if you're going to make one, I'd certainly use it haha, it's the least I could do. Still, don't feel the need to do so.

It would have to be animations only, though. I cannot add unique classes, I ran out of room for more.

1 hour ago, judge09 said:

Hi here 2 bugs i noticed : 

One is in chapter 21

We can't see what will do some enemy units near Valter near the forts, like they move and you don't see the blue square, it's only red.

I thought I fixed that. Are you on the latest version of the hack?

D'Erica can't rescue a unit when she is a great knight.

I think that's just her con making it difficult for her, due to the horse rescue formula. But the massive con is part of the joke haha, so I'm fine with this.

And one who force you to paid again in the side quest 21x if you don't end the turn between the two mercenaries.

I'm afraid I don't really understand this.

14 minutes ago, judge09 said:

A visual bug in the of chapter 21X, when you are on the map, when you quit and come back it's even worse

I can't do much about that one, sadly. It happens in every hack that adds a lot of units. When you have a lot of characters the screen starts to glitch up like that. It is what it is.

14 minutes ago, judge09 said:

Another one too where the golds from the sidequest can't be seld.

Yeah, those were an... inelegant workaround of the fact that I couldn't have the chests spawn the enemies without giving an item. Probably could've handled it better, I'll say.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some recomendations

Issues and Balance problems

Tethys dance accessory should be infinite, like Myrh dragon stone, it will be a big problem later to fix the damage and the too op effect, you can nerf them but make them still useful.

Make D'Erika have the ability to save a unit because the con is a lie, her con = 18 who is very high, or at leas make her con low if you want

to make an explanation in the beginning.

The super trainees except Amelia need to be buffed, Ewan need to have better stats when he reachs the second class and especially and i insist especially Ross who is very weak, he is to slow and can't land a proper hit and his strenght is really weak, you should give Ross a unique weapon like Amelia in the beginning i guess something like that.

Franz and Arthur need to be buffed, Franz is really weak in stat like Arthur when they reach their second class this is why increasing their stats should be a priority for a goold balance, but still Franz who can use a sword in the beginning is good, Arthur in cavalry is good but too weak unfortunaly.

The 2nd class win EXP too slow, honestly i feel like some units win less than others and it's a problem for example the trainees should win a ton of exp even if they miss not enormous like +50 but +23 at least and the normal characters +30-45 wil be good instead of +15+20 because after it becomes a big problem.

Chapter 22 : 

When you fight Orson why some enemies don't drop a Sacred Seal, i think it's a shame, at least Orson, and one of the strongest enemy too like the Paladin with a Wind Sword. It's really a good feature when Orson comes to you. Else the thiefs appear to soon you don't have the time and honestly i'm serious the two thiefs can stole everything you won't have the time this is why i will said 1-2 turns in advance the thiefs appears.

Chapter 23 : Good difficulty but the end could have been better the phase 2 could have been more phases of enemy who appear behind where Lyon is and the left and the south, would have been a great challenge for protect the villagers. But still where is the Sacred Seals why 😞 I couldn't make Amelia generals i waited 2 chapters dammit xD So please fix this and make at least Lyon drop 1 when you beat him and one of the strongest enemy wear one.

I advice you to add more levels if possible you can add secrets level like Melvin etc... But it would be good if each 3 chapters you add a secondary chapters.

The shops should sell too Steels weapons and better magic when you reach chapter 11 and silver when you reach chapter 22. 

Story : More dialogues and interactions with the queen Ismair, the Carsino dudes, more dialogues for each fight would have been good you see make the difficulty in the end in the beginning it will make your game much better. For example when you will take Renais and kill Orson would have been good to see a Reunion with Joshua, Ismaire, Larachelle the dude of Carcino for prepare the final battle. 

Story recommendation

Here some modes who could interest you, it's your choice after but i mainly recommand competences (mainly) it will make your units more unique like if you have two thiefs you will use this thief for this situation instead of the same thiefs or the same units etc... More magics weapons will be more good too, here the rest 

Mode Recommandation

* Detailed HP bars (by Circles and Zane)
* Skill system -"Full" version only- (by Circleseverywhere, Monkeybard, Black Mage, Blaze,Tequila, Rossendale, StanH, Leonarth, Teraspark, sd9k, Kao, blademaster, Snakey1)
* Show Heal Amount (by Tequila)
* Map Danger Zone (by Circles) - Press the select button to display enemy range

You can take inspiration from the Sacred Stone Trilogy hack.

Our lord and savior 7743 for FEBuilder
* Sir Serenes for the idea and palettes for Riev
* TBA, Arch, Skitty and Temp for phantom animations
* IS, Hairyblob and Maiser6 for quicker Zephiel animations
* IS and Blademaster for Athos animations
* TR143 for fixed growth mode
* Temp and sniper_zero for Eliwood repalette and ranged Durandal animation
* Alusk for alternative soldier hover and moving animations
* Spud for soldier Amelia animations
* Spud, TBA, Black Mage, Temp and Wan for halberdier Amelia animations
* Brady Shinners for the animation database
* St jack, Seal and Sacred War for ballista animations
* Iscaneus and Nuramon for knight animations
* TBA for brigand animations
* Glenwing and MK404 for fighter animations
* SALVAGED team and flasuban for cavalier animations
* IS, Circles, Kao and Marlon0025 for Tethys animations
* Alusq and Maiser6 for mercenary animations
* TBA, DerTheVaporeon and Nuramon for general animations
* TBA and Maiser6 for berserker animations
* Nuramon, Swain and Temp for sniper animations
* Nuramon for wyvern lord animations
* Keks_Krebs, Peerless and SD9K for assassin animations
* Swain for hero animations
* IS and Glenwing for swordmaster animations
* Kenpuhu, Aruka and Nuramon for grand paladin custom class and animations
* Alusq for better soldier animations
* CamTech075, LisandraBrave, Zane, Zelix and Lord Glenn for custom icons
* Arkth for Deathgoyle custom animations
* Yangfly for kawaii blader animations
* Nuramon for infantry great lord Ephraim animations
* Teraspark, Pikmin1211 and DerTheVaporeon for dark knight animations
* Seal for legion, elder tarvos and gazer animations
* BwdYeti for elthunder animation
* SHYUTER for forblaze animation
* Blazer and Jubby for meteor animation
* Arch for static, wind and tornado animations
* Seal for tons of stuff like custom icon, map sprites, class cards and battle backgrounds. I cannot stress how awesome he is for making all of this available
* Klokinator for putting many custom animations and map sprites in a single, easy to find place
* dondon151, Sephie, Teraspark, Arch, RobertFPY and HyperGammaSpaces for many card classes and map sprites
* Waleed and flasuban for the male fighter animations and map sprites

Edited by judge09

I just forget to said i really love your story, can you add more dialogues and more interactions about you story with all the characters who are concerned each level, like Avery, Knoll, Glen more interactions with the boss like Fado dialogues when he fight Lyon. 

Some items like Moonlight Waltz couldn't be sell, and in the end i would say add more gems especially expensive one since you are near the end.

It would have been really good to see Orson wife version Zombie like the husk  (Nah'ma story) when Erika meet Lyon her reaction would have been when she lost Seth it's her best friend it's even worse like imagine she was feeling more good but then Lyon is like ahahah it's my fault if Orson kill Seth it would have make her more dark, like she is sad like when Seth is dead and the she will be furious crying when she fights Lyon, i think you need to change that, i really love the Erika dark character but in the end it's a shame when she learns it was Lyon (Demon King) fault she is like 😄oh no, Lyon, i don't trust you😒more like, No.. No.. No... Not again... It was you !!

But yeah i think the thing who can make more dialogues and increase the story of your characters is more level this is why each new levels should be each 3 chapters just an idea after..

GG for the hack, still maybe 5 chapters before i finish it.

Edited by judge09

Others recommendations : 

Hi just for said i am in chapter 28, here some bugs i notice : 

For the class assassin, when she do a crit, the beginning of the animation is buggy.

In chapter 27, if you defeat all the enemies you win before access the mariage room,(False Erika and Riev) my version is 1.13

Main change (for me) : 

- For each levels in the end add 1-2 Sacred Seals 

- Add Money, for example when you kill strong enemy he can give you 1000£, and some give you 200£, not always but it will the player the possibility to buy weapons more easilty in the end, even the 5000£ you gave is not really enough, even with the silver card.

- Restaure the Tower of Valnis and the last tower but when you beat chapter 25. Like the original, for example it's a great idea that you removethe tower in the beginning, but in the end i think it will be more good to add them back but you can play and add characters who died like Caellach the first boss, etc... with strong stats. For example it has good loots you can farm your character but it's a challenge.

Some changes in chapter 24 til 28 : 

Chapter 21 : Just something i notice not so much to said, Caellach should come hunt you like Valter. When you kill Valter, similar to the waves

who spawn where Ephraim, Fado appear i guess 6 turns later, make another waves appear in Valter level, and after they come to you live that

the level will be perfect. 

Chapter 24 : Is great in difficulty but too short, there is not a lot of reward, even if the XP is a reward it would have been good to add when you defeat all the enemies a last phase where you need to survive a lot of enemies waves where Lyon appear and spawn them and disappears as always after, the two boss have brave weapon and silver weapons you can get.

Chapter 25 : 13 turns is too short for the number of turns you need to survive for example 25-30 turns will be perfect because RIP thef thiefs who go to the right because after that a lot of generals appear, with strong warriors with bow, it was a miracle i survive this, this is why this level need more times for killing the boss, and go to all the chests.  Something interesting you can code is trigger a secret events when you defeat the two bosses like a secret level where you fight against them, much harder but greater loots.

Chapter 26 : I really love the fact that you use and unused level, and the fact that Caellach, Selena, and Valter are dead warriors now, but you should honestly make a sprites for them but version husk, like just an idea, you can make their skin green and their eye red eyes, or just keep their normal skin. After this level has a main problems with Mogall, honestly keep the damage, but their accuracy is too high, and they did high damage even against the mage, what need to change is to make them weaker against light magic user, and make their magic less accurate, but don't change the damages, for the rest of the levels, why make an Arena it's useless, i mean for example i was poor and even if you have a lot of moneys the enemy are too strong. This Arena is made in Ohio because there are a lot of monsters and they don't care a lot. i think Arena will be more useful in a level where you don't have time limit, but i love the fact that when you recruit Joshua the dude close the arena because it's too dangerous because there is a fight and now there are an army of monsters, like dead peoples, laser beam eyes and they are like what a beautiful day to go to ARENA !! You can let the Arena and make a joke of this ngl, i laugh a lot.

Chapter 27 : Perfect i love the drama, please make Seth husk talk, like he saids something like : I died because of you, i have new masters now, like Vigarde controlled by Lyon, like he is forced to said things, and when you fight him he saids a slow K..ll ...me, and more dialogues when Franz fight him, Erika i remember there was a big effect but nothing happened, when the big effect is declenched it would have been cool to have a Seth who said something sad to Erika. When Seth dies make it smile like FE7 when you killed the husk warriors, just an example : 

You can do the same with Selena, Caellach and Valter, like i know Caellach and Valter are quite very BAD but the fact that they are proud to bedead make their death memorable, like you see something more evil behind the fact they are controlled even wicked one are proud to their last breath.

After that when you defeat false Erika, it would have been really great if after her death Riev (false Erika) is not dead yet, teleport and spawns

a lot of army of monsters, something like : "This wounds i can't escape but i make sure to kill you here and now", you need to survive a big waves like 5-6 turns of that, after he comes to you with his army, his weapon is the corrupt light which is a very great ability, but this time he can use "Aureola", who is a magic less powerful than Ivaldi buss high hit rate, high damage, but low crit; It will be good if you can change Riev class to this one :, you can ask Spude here the link : 

https://feuniverse.us/t/spuds-sprites-the-potatos-return/1663/25?page=2

The units who need to change in stats :

Arthur is too weak in everywhere like Tana, Ewan and Ross same, Franz skills are terrible.

57905493_arthurissobad.png.85fabaf50129ed64ac28f6ca9473fbbb.png1700619736_Rossthenoob.png.9b2753b481920556123e213408b6aaed.png517831563_franzaquacantlandaproperhit.png.5cc3d05edffd637fca64060fd1e222ad.png1111714888_thedarkrider.png.c67bf43791d8a4599d7ab3133409b081.pngtana.png.0f7ff716755b8ae3a3c45aeea0ad6a3a.png

The units who need to change in class :

Riev :

aca9dcb04cf65fea93eb1ea135cc4a166748e298

This one could be too his class since he is a necromancers (in a way like Lyon)

Fire Emblem Resource Repository (Battle Animations, Portraits, Music, etc)  - #167 - Assets - Fire Emblem Universe

Caellach :

Could use Bolt Axe, Brave Axe for make him more dangerous, with a high crit rate

The class is General Lord similar to Fire Emblem 7

Fire Emblem Resource Repository (Battle Animations, Portraits, Music, etc)  - Assets - Fire Emblem Universe

Valter : 

Nothing change but you can make him steal his opponent health or make a weapon who represent his nickname like Moon Spears or 

simply if you add the skills systems make it stole his opponent live each hit.

Selena : Could use a unique magic, a S thier one linked to thunder

Joshua class : This class his epic for this character by Dinard97 in deviantart

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.deviantart.com%2Fdinar87%2Fart%2FFire-Emblem-Custom-True-blade-class-743234767&psig=AOvVaw0SWMPzEyaEwyxBwV1ZBaPW&ust=1675432576863000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBAQjhxqFwoTCPi5-e7-9vwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAS

Fire Emblem: Custom True blade class by Dinar87 on DeviantArt

Fedo and Vigard class : 

Fire Emblem Resource Repository (Battle Animations, Portraits, Music, etc)  - Assets - Fire Emblem Universe

Luth : 

Animation Directory - Assets - Fire Emblem Universe

I know it will be a lot of work for a lot of parts, this is why take your time, but yeah i have almost finished i guess your game i guess 2 chapters and it's done.

Edited by judge09

Sorry in Chapter 22 i mean when you kill Caellach Valter come from you with a waves who spawn near him.

There are also a lot of class you can make better in design and animations like generals, bow mans, sages, this is why if you want to see more of them go to this link

https://feuniverse.us/t/spuds-sprites-the-potatos-return/1663/58

Edited by judge09

Last Major Fix : 

Last major change is magic, i mean magic is fine but against others mage user it's madness for example a light user who is weaker than stamina magic user can kill one without problem same for the dark user who can be killed easily by stamina magic user, honestly you should double the resistance of all the mage against magic but when they reach their weakness, the resistance is divided by 2 something like that. 

For example Luth = 11 resistance against all the magic users it will go to 22 except her main weakness darkness who will be still 11 and with low

chance to dodge.

the damage of the magic are perfect it's just that mage need to be more resistance like a fight against generals they did little damage to them

til one exploit the weakness of the others.

Golden Ending : 

I just finished the game, honestly i just got an idea, it's up to you what if you can add a secret ending where you can save Lyon, i mean for example for unlock this ending it will be very hard because you need to unlock some secrets levels, secrets items to save him and when you save

him it cost a price where the Demon King escape the Darkling woods and attack all the continents, the idea is you got 10 chapters after the final, the chapter are really difficult but at least you will have Lyon at your side.

Really good hack, can you change the music before the last levels and change the music box, but yeah please bring back the tower of valnis and the last tower you can add your own dungeon with your own difficulty and it will be perfect. My note is 18/20 for this hack but if you manage to add more and continue to developp you hack i will said it's in top 10 sacred stones hack even top 5. Great job.

Ps : For Seth reveal then when you fight false Erika and him Seth is like Vigarde but instead of him have some humanity doesn't have, because he is totally gone, he could said still horrible thing to Erika. 

Edited by judge09

I forgot to said too and it will be my last comments for Jun please add more fighting dialogues when for example you fight her with Fado, Erika, Ephraim or all the people who know her.

when Ephraim says, here i come Lyon nothing happened the fight happen.

In Fire Emblem Heroes, Lyon : Well, come then. 

Edited by judge09

I am really late, I know, but @judge09 thanks for all your thorough impressions and feedback! I appreciate it. I don't know how much of this I'll be able to do for this little hack of mine, but I'll keep it all in mind for future endeavors, at least. Glad you enjoyed the hack, overall!

Thx for your answer, i really loved your hack, the only thing that can make it better is :

- A secret ending like i said golden run (Save Lyon, but this run is more hard).

- More levels that you can create to prepare to the end with great rewards among secrets levels.

- Erika face should be the same, i love her new face and til the end she could have the same face, the one she has is too innocent even after Lyon, it will be more cool where, she is not hateful, but charismatitc as hell, not the little princess in detress, but yeah, keep this character til the end.

- Riev role, you need to reconsider Riew role for example it's up to you, but he is more than a mastermind and knowing about Lyon secrets, imagine him fighting with the Demon King in the end it will be badass same with the character you create Juda, it will be perfect if those characters fight among the demon kings. For example when he take Erika form he could fight you in his real form but escape, same for Juda who can fight you and escape you to join Lyon and then both of them fight with him and then fight with the demon king.

- Tower Of Valnis return, after like i said please near the end when you finish the level in Rausten Castle, The Tower of Valnis should be accessible. 

But yeah sorry again to repeat myself, but yeah great hack again and thx for your contribution and make this story more interesting. When the hack will be finished at 100% i can help you with some youtubers if you want.

Edited by judge09

@Saint RubenioJust wanted to drop a line and say this is a very enjoyable hack! I don't often finish FE8 hacks and this one has me hooked. I'm on my second playthrough.

I'm not sure if you are still working on it, but I would humbly suggest allowing some way for the player to grind. I know it's not "necessary" and a lot of players look down on it, but I am a big fan of the tower and arena abuse; both of which were sadly taken away. I am not the greatest FE player, but I have felt behind the level/XP curve pretty much the entire game, which can be frustrating at times. You might say "well play on normal then" but normal suffers from fewer units, fewer reinforcements, and thus less XP, and less interesting maps.

Maybe add an optional patch that leaves the arena open in Chapter 5? Anyway just my thoughts. Excellent hack, great stuff. SKREEEEEE!

2 hours ago, Bylift said:

@Saint RubenioJust wanted to drop a line and say this is a very enjoyable hack! I don't often finish FE8 hacks and this one has me hooked. I'm on my second playthrough.

I'm not sure if you are still working on it, but I would humbly suggest allowing some way for the player to grind. I know it's not "necessary" and a lot of players look down on it, but I am a big fan of the tower and arena abuse; both of which were sadly taken away. I am not the greatest FE player, but I have felt behind the level/XP curve pretty much the entire game, which can be frustrating at times. You might say "well play on normal then" but normal suffers from fewer units, fewer reinforcements, and thus less XP, and less interesting maps.

Maybe add an optional patch that leaves the arena open in Chapter 5? Anyway just my thoughts. Excellent hack, great stuff. SKREEEEEE!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I have mostly stopped working on this. I do have some things I could fix, hopefully I'll get around to it sooner than later, but I feel for what it is, the hack's in a good place.

I'll admit, with the grinding I had a big elitist moment lol. Didn't help that, in the earlier stages of the hack, I assumed I'd be replacing the tower maps with new maps. This ended up being troublesome, so I removed the tower for nothing lol. Maybe at some point I'll see ablut reimplementing it, but no promises.

Just finished ch 28, wanted to share my team since it will likely take a few more days till I have time to play the last chapters.

Spoiler

761073584_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_01.png.e1a2ce23abf79fa7245f23bba1874c32.png     686191123_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_02.png.a4f1c88c8ee4a49c70aeccee856acefd.png

Eirika: I dont know what you did to her, but I think she is a bit too broken, specially after the promotion.
Ephraim: He is still very good, but you could raise his max str and def to 30 to compensate for his lack of horse and availability.

936890906_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_03.png.15121daf1de0de5e3ca2bc14f044efcd.png     1892516669_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_04.png.2196ca4d2ee93e898c2db2b18c520f28.png     1928264116_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_23.png.b60b38fdad4bf5281aa9bbb60893fabc.png

Melville: My best damage dealer early-mid game. Fell off a bit after mages became common but still pretty good against melee enemies.
Qastimon: Not sure if I got rng screwed but this guy...was odd. Was really frail in both def and res before promotion. And even after promotion he wasn't dealing enough damage. Only reason he still was in the team is because I love using monsters and he started doing better after giving him a lot of levels in ch26.
Afrira: The reverse melville, too weak early game but became great after promotion. Loved his story with Na'amah as well.

1285378670_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_17.png.b0234060afa92f1e9af9a1c0873e8d66.png     1352164348_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_19.png.9eb1f4b086a0f34174f973fe841f88f2.png

Bastion: Felt a bit underwhelming for a gwyllgi. Could atleast have max speed.
Myrrh: Myrrh is great just like in vanilla.

2039261134_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_06.png.0a788162de2744810d280ae11622c4b7.png     626833787_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_16.png.94bec26b629b8464c2b094fcf3d08f48.png

Na'amah: Her personal weapon is insane. And even without that, she was the best staff user thanks to the massive range physic and status staves.
Novala: Going summoner might have been a mistake with him. He capped speed really fast and could have been my best mage if I didn't use him as a summon bot for most of the game. Plus it made me not use dara since I already had him trained. Also need to mention he was ridiculously tanky for a mage even without nosferatu.

1686026637_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_22.png.dcb59d0ca7cd18005960c00c425ad690.png     1667109835_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_24.png.4c2b264aec4ffdbcd9ed9ab31ba9bb7b.png

Knoll: While not as strong as ewan, he was still great. That starting luck stat was hilarous.
Ewan: Just like in vanilla, he was very useful once trained. Would go for a different class if I knew knoll would come as a malig knight. He got the metis' tome.

2104986486_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_07.png.3b05fc83f4cea7815059ea413c9f9daf.png     1109673765_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_10.png.c56318ee83b450cbd486e5b0508331a9.png     851526398_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_39.png.911aac0ab60fac0ab12cf3a2013bcd82.png

Mia: Pretty good as my primary anima user. Didn't want to lose the horse but going sage might have helped with the lack of staff users in ephraim's route.
Saleh: My secondary healer in eirika route. A decent allrounder.
Salvador: Replaced artur as the primary light mage thanks to slayer.
Artur: Solid performance throughout, loved his changed base class.

1584790583_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_18.png.af51ec5e6323e9ac34931f42fce9e1ac.png   1942743382_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_30.png.63d60689466d427061f1ec17d476e529.png   1491700648_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_28.png.f97fa2e70b8920a5d1f27740b45c285e.png   988645473_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_33.png.bd31a9f61a8ac086cbcf75b957adc1c4.png

Salvador: Replaced artur as the primary light mage thanks to slayer.
Aristobulus: Best healer till I promoted na'amah. Wasn't much reason to keep using him after my mages promoted.
Moulder: Not sure if he got rng screwed or if I promoted him a bit too early but he fell off fast. Could still work as a backup healer if I needed him.
Valent: There weren't much reason to use him with mia there. But was still pretty useful in vigarde's chapter.

1348038818_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_08.png.1c11bb1e4ecadf01e3c9d8c6488050b0.png     591003422_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_32.png.985538bd7176db09d3ac0fe2c5ece649.png     877319296_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_44.png.efe268cf9b5a093fba147d259812170f.png

Innes: I already liked him thanks to my love for dark mages and archers. He was great throughout.
Margaret: She was the best bow user during mid game. But the generals were much more useful, so eventually got benched.
Harriett: Yes, as an archer lover I should have used her more but again the generals made me bench her eventually.

1978719702_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_13.png.6f11f7e0dba0105da278e6eb7adb138e.png     1946864571_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_14.png.4989d200551b43aa49fa400d968fb014.png     1112883025_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_25.png.e33ab1c8915588d65018df072e97c1e0.png     1950096290_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_21.png.c923f24b91d24155cb873d85b8d21e83.png

Amelia: Personal weapon really helped in her trainee levels. Consistantly one of my top performers after promotion. The lance general. She got the metis' tome. The MVP in the mid-late game.
D'Erica: I knew she would be great from the start. She was the bow general. She got the metis' tome.
Gilliam: D'Erica stole his place as the bow general. He was the MVP during the early game.
Fado: He was solid when I used him, could be a great replacement for any of the generals if needed.

1491261166_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_05.png.2fe79af78c767c1550cf9d9cbdaad18c.png     1180221789_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_09.png.7431ea23a4a479ef5b4e556bae1099cc.png     463036368_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_35.png.55e7afe8646ee4c2dcd73973a5a44d51.png

Secret Character: I already knew there was a secret character, and I dont regret getting him. Needed to use the dark gem(?) on him and he was solid.
Ramon: Crit/10. Seemed like a derrick at first, but he turned out to be norton instead.
Duessel: Low speed hurt him a bit. Could be a good team with glen and cormag if I used them.

708481248_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_47.png.4eff7f049ee1133bb60b2964c1bdb2a6.png     2117545623_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_49.png.8537e42fc33baaf8f9e08d88178865a3.png     1744679946_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_50.png.cbfb0d35ab89a89fbf0eb35291f82ee4.png

Franz: He was good for early game, was benched in favor of the new characters.
Kyle & Forde: Both were underwhelming. Forde was slightly better but both got benched pretty fast.

1515581247_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_26.png.0694f15619288de58f75ae799b965f70.png     771297545_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_29.png.1770f26ffb930df20ad525564b8a233b.png     977377087_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_31.png.632195f030377f06d44403a8a4921955.png

Glen: Decent in the few maps I used him, would be a good backup flyer if needed.
Albertus: Unfortunately for him, I completely forgot he was a flyer now. Although the low speed did hurt a lot.
Syrene: Not a big fan of the pegasus sisters in this game, but she was a decent filler.

627371448_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_36.png.78cf7a86fced3764764643397cd8a412.png     1135661367_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_38.png.9338cf4325452b6512c3997229c3079b.png     1599923053_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_40.png.6a312c08ad5a76bea0eda669a4409c71.png

Cormag: He was good as my primary flyer till his brother came.
Susana: She was surprisingly decent even in selena's map. Could be a good backup flyer if I trained her.
Tana: Primary flyer in eirika's route.

1986479878_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_11.png.b34681d102a98ea161c9fbba4b36235e.png     1318600550_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_42.png.bcba1cecffed819c627832f99c8248e9.png     412625683_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_43.png.b0547bf2ca1bf813cae701896cceff0f.png     2145336469_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_45.png.93ece2d17fbd999a8ac11cf806376ea8.png

Harold: Shakey performance in the mid game but turned out great in the end.
Ross: I used him, garcia and harold evenly and harold edged them out as a new character.
Garcia: He was a decent...fighter till the end. Only reason he wasn't promoted was because I wanted to try the new class.
Elaine: Unfortunately she was the worst combat unit I tried to use by far. Could be a part of my bench along with harriett if she was a bit better.

94741824_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_15.png.4e2af7f656af9e79ee1497ccbc7923a3.png     231360915_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_12.png.bc13ae40e42b4fff66cfb7c0472afdd2.png     15247619_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_20.png.75d23ee4ced08ff675fa15266f72ad39.png

Listolette: As a combat focused thief she was amazing throughout. Replaced joshua as the primary sword user despite me favouring joshua throughout the game.
Avery: Wasn't thinking of using her but she did great in last 3 chapters.
Joshua: Since assassin can now steal, there wasn't much reason to use colm over him.

521899860_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_27.png.aa7209bfc371fa12277325ae54066264.png     1127029500_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_48.png.d4d18603e855284f7eab579db710f19a.png

Rennac: Even with the boosted stats there wasn't much reason to use him. Still a decent backup thief.
Colm: Primary thief till joshua promoted.

268708751_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_34.png.533738feafb8c0ad3a90a8d8306b5d65.png     801910131_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)_41.png.e84640f44490c86d9705efdc4f20b804.png

Tethys: Dancer/10 plus the addition of dark access was great. Could use her if I wasn't using all the dark mages available already.
Natasha: Backup healer till my mages promoted.

Drau & Seth: Dead tier. Both were great when I used them till dying.

Didn't use the rest. Dara and Ismaire would be among the top of the list of people I wanted to use but didn't have the deployment slots for.

Overall the game was very enjoyable. Especially liked Na'amah's plotline.

Favourite units: Novala, Melville, D'Erica
MVP: Amelia, Na'amah

Final team: Eirika, Ephraim, Melville, Quastimon, Afrira, Myrrh, Na'amah, Mia, Salvador, Saleh, Innes, D'Erica, Amelia, Secret Character, Ramon, Harold, Listolette, Avery
Bench: Novala, Knoll, Glen, Joshua

Edited by ranger016

Well, it's been a while. Engage and other things distracted me, but I finally got around to releasing another patch. It's just a simple fix patch, nothing all that big.

1.14 released

• Changed a line in chapter 10.
  • Fixed the generals in 6x not moving.
  • Tweaked some weapons in Father and Son.
  • Fixed a couple of wrong tiles in chapter 27.
  • Added some extra dialogue if the boss of chapter 22 is not killed.
  • Added patch: Adjust Mode Coefficient Experience Gain by Vennobennu.
  • Changed the text that pops up when a support is not written. I still think it’s kinda funny, but it confused a lot of people.
  • Added an enemy with a key to prevent a softlock on chapter 27.
  • I am still not sure what causes the automatic rout if all enemies die in chapter 27, so I've decided to do an inelegant solution: I've placed a stationary enemy really out of the way so you can safely rout the church's forces without ending the map ahead of time.
2 hours ago, ranger016 said:

Just finished ch 28, wanted to share my team since it will likely take a few more days till I have time to play the last chapters.

Thank you so much for your thoughts on... well, the entire team haha. Always love some unit impressions.

Spoiler

I particularly love the godly Soldier. I used him in my test run and didn't have quite as much luck. Hot damn. Please tell me you're going to kill the final boss with him.

• 2 weeks later...

1.15 released

• Removed Seth's steel sword again.
  • Restored battle music to the Valter fight in the prologue.

Incidentally, my pal @Shaky Jones has started a LP of this! Never would've thought this little thing would get so far as to have a screenshot LP of its own. Please go give him views. He deserves them. Probably.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Spoiler

On 2/25/2023 at 1:03 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

I particularly love the godly Soldier. I used him in my test run and didn't have quite as much luck. Hot damn. Please tell me you're going to kill the final boss with him.

Yes, he was one of my personal favorites as well, and he did get the canon kill.

Spoiler

2.png.243c8a1c1a2e0099f2dee6f26c407a53.png   1.png.9d8cf16ddc0df4929982f32ac481ed3e.png   5.png.9be8b752f0964748bf07db2678c18c76.png

Needed to train mr.soldier's lance rank to S to damage the demon king.

D'Erica and Ramon were personal MVPs for the final chapters, ramon soloed the right one.

4.png.ccbbf173e83c60a01ce585ab260848c2.png   3.png.307ae008d8f58cf2545f7c6f34dbbf43.png

Always fun to kill him with knoll, he killed the left one.

Novala was busy killing the draco zombies and summoning but he could easily solo the boss if he wanted even with luna.

I could probably just show the canon kills but I forgot to screenshot them and too lazy to redo the map.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:59 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, my pal @Shaky Jones has started a LP of this! Never would've thought this little thing would get so far as to have a screenshot LP of its own. Please go give him views. He deserves them. Probably.

His LP was the reason I finished my run this soon, so thanks for that.

Overall, it was a fun run. The difficulty felt fair and the twists were great as well. The final fight was great, but the middle demon king could get atleast one ranged weapon, he is too easy to kill otherwise. As for the playable units, I still think bastion could get a slight speed buff. And I expected hayden and mansel to join the final fight but I guess you already had too many playable units.

1.16 released

Okay, so haven't the faintest idea when this happened, but the boss of 6x ends up in the wrong spot when the map starts. I think it's fixed now.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:45 AM, ranger016 said:

Yes, he was one of my personal favorites as well, and he did get the canon kill.

Hide contents

2.png.243c8a1c1a2e0099f2dee6f26c407a53.png   1.png.9d8cf16ddc0df4929982f32ac481ed3e.png   5.png.9be8b752f0964748bf07db2678c18c76.png

Needed to train mr.soldier's lance rank to S to damage the demon king.

D'Erica and Ramon were personal MVPs for the final chapters, ramon soloed the right one.

4.png.ccbbf173e83c60a01ce585ab260848c2.png   3.png.307ae008d8f58cf2545f7c6f34dbbf43.png

Always fun to kill him with knoll, he killed the left one.

Novala was busy killing the draco zombies and summoning but he could easily solo the boss if he wanted even with luna.

I could probably just show the canon kills but I forgot to screenshot them and too lazy to redo the map.

Glorious.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:45 AM, ranger016 said:

Overall, it was a fun run. The difficulty felt fair and the twists were great as well. The final fight was great, but the middle demon king could get atleast one ranged weapon, he is too easy to kill otherwise. As for the playable units, I still think bastion could get a slight speed buff. And I expected hayden and mansel to join the final fight but I guess you already had too many playable units.

Many thanks! I believe multiple people have told me to make Bastion faster. I'll have to consider it.

• 3 weeks later...

Started a few days ago and Having fun so far, got to chapter 11. Just popping in to point out that some of the dialogue after Chapter 8 gets messed up (specifically, when Kyle speaks to Erika to join her) and I think Forde just…disappears? I’ll double check once I move on to Chapter 12, but he isn’t in Erika’s team, just Kyle which is a tad annoying if I’m going for a deathless run.

(Also the boss of 6x is on top of another enemy so if that was what you were fixing it didn’t work)

Edited by Flamechar33

• 3 months later...

Been a while, huh. This is just a small patch fixing a few issues that have been reported over the months.

1.17 released

• Eirika can now use the crimson spear after promotion.
  • Drau should join if he survives even if he isn’t recruited during River of Regrets.
  • Game hopefully no longer softlocks if Jude can’t spawn in Last Hope.
  • Jude’s stats have been nerfed/fixed in Darkling Woods and Sacred Stone.
  • With luck, Einar’s positioning in chapter 5x will finally, FINALLY have been fixed.
  • Added a hint for Phantom Ship’s recruitments.