I hate AP exams....

Liz

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

College itself is a huge farce (though I'll still go). I believe education should be free or at least a reasonable amount. College just helps rich people stay rich and poor people stay poor if you think about it.

Don't AP classes help you get into college?

They're supposed to, but in reality it's mostly going to come down to average, class ranking, and SAT scores. AP classes and extra curricular activites only make you stand out a little more. At least, that's what several of my teachers say.

I'm the resident arrogant jackass here

And you fit the title well :D

*runs and hides*

You guys talk as if this AP exams means everything, is it that big of a deal?

to some people, yes (not me though. I've never taken any)

College itself is a huge farce (though I'll still go). I believe education should be free or at least a reasonable amount. College just helps rich people stay rich and poor people stay poor if you think about it.

damn right. College is hella expensive, it's so stupid how much money you have to pay

Some countries do take care of college expenses, most in Europe. They're the nice ones.

But yeah, AP classes don't mean much, as it doesn't actually reflect too much of your work ethic, responsibility, or mind. All it really shows is that you signed up for summer work and more notes. Although, local scholarship committees seem to eat up everyone who takes them--so if looking to rake in cash, do lots of AP classes and clubs for your highschool and suck up to lots of important people. You'll easily get tons of cash for playing pet.