Prince of Tennis Mafia - Game Over

Kaoz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm not playing, but Joshaymin, there is a button called "Preview Post"

(no, I don't believe you wrote such a gigantic post containing multiple quotes in Fast Reply, so don't bring that up)

Can't be bothered to click Preview Post

And no, Paperblade, I'm not Darros

From what I gathered, there's two main reasons you all voted for me. One was because I hadn't said anything of value, the other was because I was sheeping. I believe that huge chunk of text I posted qualifies as "something of value", so to the second part, the sheeping.

I explained why I voted for Kevin several times already - The overreacting to Prims' vote. The thing is that his defense was pretty much "It's scummy but it's provided some discussion, yippee!", and everyone else who tried to defend him essentially went for metagaming reasons ("He always does this, so who cares?")

And then, the vote for Kay. I voted for her because unlike Ether and Snike, who had already asked for subs (can't remember if StSS was already subbed in), Kay gave no reasons for her inactivity. And even after she responded to that, the only thing she did was address her inactivity, as well as say I should post more. And then she just said Eclipse's logic didn't seem extremely sound, and that's it.

I'm also curious to find out; what's the normal defense against sheeping? Going down on my knees and apologising for being a stupid player? Someone enlighten me on this, please.

True, but being at L-1 late in the day is generally a good sign that it's time to claim, as far as I'm concerned.

(haven't actually read the post with the fucked up formatting, kind of busy atm and only had time to skim, so no response yet)

I kind of figured it was simply an example of a role PM and not an actual role in the game? Where did this discussion come from, anyway? (I know it was Bal, it's just a silly question; I didn't see the point of the speculation I suppose)

Usually it's obvious that something is just an example role PM. That looks like a real role, so I figure it's more likely that something leaks roles.

Least to most suspicious, because I like that formatting better:

Kay (FMPOV)

Levantamos

Bal

Prims

Tables

Ether/Strawman

Naglfar

Kevin

Paperblade

Snike

JB

eclipse

Prims: You've been pushing this lynch on me really hard. Granted, I haven't done much to fight against that, but for the past 1 or 2 days (somewhere there) you've been saying stuff like "I'm happy JB has the most number of votes" and "JB is the most comfortable lynch".

Well yeah, people tend to want the people they think are scum to be lynched. Reasonably aggressive play is pro-town in nature since it's the only really way to make scum feel pressured. The attempt to deflect my attacks back toward me is rather irritating, given that I might not have been attacking you for half the day had you popped up to post something that made me feel better about you before the last 10 hours of the day.

I'm going to bed pretty soon, and probably won't be around for deadline. If JB never claims even though he's at L-1, then I don't know what to say other than :psyduck:. His post does make me want to re-read Tables but I don't really have the time because it got posted when I was busy and I only just now got the time to parse it. @_@

(also, eclipse, I'm pretty sure Kay did vote you somewhere down the line)

You know what, fine, so I can save my life.

I'm Oishi Shuichiro, the Town Backup. I obviously don't have a role yet, and apparently the role I choose to take will come with a drawback, but IDK what this drawback is or anything.

Probably certain number of uses.

Anyway, I'm not sure if that's enough to put my vote off of you tbh, as back ups are becoming increasingly common scum claims.

That said, it can be a very strong role, as it can give us a secondary vig/cop/doc.

so i woke up and i'm still majorly depressed. I'm going back to sleep.

However, to address naglfar's post: I was on my phone at the time I typo'd your name (the 9 is near the 'g' and I didn't feel like correcting), and I voted Tables because all game I just haven't felt right about him. JB summed it up nicely. I don't know where or why you assume I found an excuse to freely vote Tables just because I can?

@Why I'm not being subbed out: Postgame is going to be fuuun. :rolleyes:

@Voting Ether: It was RVS at that point in time. The There can only be one was a Maritimer-basis.

@Vanishing act: Staff parties tend to do that.

So, I guess I'll try this 'read' business you rabble seem to enjoy.

-I'm getting town reads off of Tables and Prims, to be honest. It's really an abstract concept to explain, but Tables' stone cold walls of text are nice and concise, which I find pretty trust-worthy. Prims, for his part, has been promoting discussion, and he was one of the earliest players to abandon ship on the Kevin lynch when the bandtruck floored the gas.

-Bizz is somewhat paranoid from what I read, but uh, she's also somewhat clueless. I haven't played her enough to get a read, so =/.

-I'm not going to really talk much about Nags, since it's essentially a rehash of what others have said. He's somewhat scummy because he doesn't explain his votes, but another thing I'm seeing is that he really got defensive here. He was trying to call out Bizz, but failed a 3-post spot check, so I don't exactly know whether or not this is a newbie error, or what. (If he claims newbie error I will set him on fire). Though, I see Bizz already addressed that.

-Paperblade's been playing normal town, from what I see. He's added comments here and there, so, he has been productive. I still don't trust him, due to previous experiences.

-I think Ducky is a bit scared of us. I don't know why, but it just seems like it. Call it a gut feeling. If he isn't, well, he's lurking, which IS a tell on him.

-I didn't like Eclipse's tunneling on Kevin, but I can say it had some merit. Now, my problem is that she's claiming some inexperience with NOC. I think that's a bit of rubbish, so it might be self-confidence at play thar.

-Kay hasn't said much, but I understand that this is her busy time, so yeah. From what I can glean she's slightly town-sided on my scumdar, but I'm wary of a fool claim.

-I like how almost everyone's saying Bal is town and is contributing a ridiculous amount. From what I've read, he's padding his posts with complex words, so they look larger than the actual content of them. Sure, he's contributing to the town, but it's an exaggeration to say this makes him town-sided when at the same time he's ballooning his posts. I'm keeping my eyes on him.

-Kevin's saying he plays scummy, but to be honest, I'm not seeing any logic whatsoever. His recent post towards JB's claim, here, sort of threw me off track. Where have these scum Backup games occurred, again? I must be blind, or half the Mafia forum is hidden to me, but in the past 5 games I've played, there hasn't been a backup claim...This is probably just a really weak attempt to look town/keep the lynch on JB. ;/

-JB's already been called out, several times, but, no one has commented on the whole backup claim yet, so I'll address that. I think it's rubbish, to be honest. Not because of whatever Kevin sees, but because of the setup right now. There's probably 4 power roles, so if the town gets the typical cop doc vig trio, it wouldn't really be fair for the mafia if a backup were in play, FMPOV. Since, well, it's a backup power role.

##Vote: JB

;/

A few asides:

Well PB/Prims/Bal/PB/Snike are acting townish and are trying to contribute. Strawman hasn't done a lot. I'm neutral on you because althoguh you're talking a lot, you have literally accussed everyone here of being scummy in some way.

Tables seems a bit iffy but I'm mostly neutral on him too. I don't like naglfar's reason to vote for me (inb4 omgus) because "a little more neurotic than usual" isn't a reason either way. Kay for dodging stuff early on. Eclipse for being stubborn and JB for sheeping.

Tbh a lot of those in the middle are just thrown there because I have little opinion on.

This is reassuring.

Here goes. I probably missed a bunch of stuff.

1. Snike - Start giving a shit. Seriously. You're ignoring, like, a huge chunk of the game, and it's not very considerate to Kaoz or the rest of the game. It also means you're not contributing, and that hurts the town.

2. JB - He's not doing much other than being an echo chamber, but given something that happened recently, I'm willing to cut him a teensy bit of slack. He still needs to post his own thoughts, and not the suspicion du jour.

3. Kevin - Acting scummy and saying it's your MO doesn't sit right with me. This is SF, and people tend to bus at the first possible opportunity, so I don't take the speed of the bandwagon as any indication that you're town. Mind you, if JB is lynched and flips scum, I'll still be suspicious of you.

4. Nags - Still not happy with his apparent folding, and the fact that we both seem suspicious of Snike (you were NOT here for the reason why I'm cutting JB slack).

5. Strawman - I don't have much of a read by him, but he really needs to post more.

6. Kay - I didn't like her getting down on herself, or thinking that intentionally scummy play is good (it's NOT).

7-9. Bizz, Tables, and Bal - All three of you are giving decent reasoning, but Bizz's post-jumping, and the meta by the other two seem a little meh to me.

10. Prims - I didn't much care for the "if I were mafia" bit, but it seems that's more of a personal thing. Has been explaining himself superbly.

11. Paperblade - Is par for the course, but I was hoping he would've gotten my point sooner.

12. Me - My role PM says I'm town, sheesh.

Since a certain someone isn't really caring. . .

##Unvote

##Vote: Snike

I'm more concerned about Snike, who is claiming to be uninterested yet mysteriously doesn't ask for a sub, and his sole contribution was to... discourage lynching our primary suspects at the time? He then came back to say "ehhhh lynch jb whatever" before disappearing again.

##Vote: Snike

I'd make the best fool.

And now can I go back to my apathy corner?

To clarify about Kevin, what I'm saying is that his playstyle appears to be spew nonsense, then get angry when people vote for him for it. That might just be what I'm seeing from my Wall-Joining of Indifference though.

Chew toy. . . ;/

Look back at the games on SF. How often have I been town, and able to talk in any sort of productive manner? That's what I mean by lack of experience. And I kinda blame you, too! :P:

For actually trying. . .

##Unvote

Another suspicion I have is that at least one of Bizz/Bal/Tables is mafia. Unfortunately, I can't say why, other than a gut feeling. I'm pretty sure at least one is town, but I can't quite pin down who, either.

Oh, right, vote. Looking at my role, Town Backup makes no sense whatsoever.

##Vote: JB

Stop getting N1 killed then.

Also Touche but I see your wifom there.

To move on, JB has 1-2 hours to reverse this, or he's lynched. No pressure.

brb, getting rope

Stop getting N1 killed then.

Also Touche but I see your wifom there.

To move on, JB has 1-2 hours to reverse this, or he's lynched. No pressure.

brb, getting rope

if you're mafia, stop killing me dammit

How quickly you forget ToV.

Anyway. . .it's 2:30 AMish for JB, so unless he's staying up super-late. . .

Psych's pitchforks and torches store is open for business! Half off angry mob groups of 6 or more!

This is arguably the best post in the thread.

if you're mafia, stop killing me dammit

How quickly you forget ToV.

Anyway. . .it's 2:30 AMish for JB, so unless he's staying up super-late. . .

...also stop being mafia. It's not good for your health.

I'm aware how bad I failed at balancing that game. I'm also aware that you never get to play as town. I still think you're pretty good at NOC, considering how fast you caught on to being scum in the games you have played in.