I just realized why Levin's name was changed

Greener223224

Hmm I forgot about the Levin Sword who knows though :o although I liked his name better as Levin his cool factor just went down 50 points from his weird name oh well. Lewyn will always be Levin for me and Ced will always be Sety. The Ced thing is really weird though looking back at FE4 they named him Sety for a good reason so one his name could match up with the crusader Sety and the tome Holsety now they don`t match but again oh well haha I have not even gotten the chance to touch FE13 yet So not sure of all the names that were changed.

Hmm I forgot about the Levin Sword who knows though :o although I liked his name better as Levin his cool factor just went down 50 points from his weird name oh well. Lewyn will always be Levin for me and Ced will always be Sety. The Ced thing is really weird though looking back at FE4 they named him Sety for a good reason so one his name could match up with the crusader Sety and the tome Holsety now they don`t match but again oh well haha I have not even gotten the chance to touch FE13 yet So not sure of all the names that were changed.

1: Hear, hear!

2: I thought NOA was trying its hardest with FE4 to turn it into a fiesta of Welsh and Scandinavian names.

It can be seen as a reference to Levin/Levn though.

except it isn't. Lewyn = wind guy. Levin Sword = thunder weapon. the closest you can really come here is giggling to oneself about Lewyn wield a Levin Sword when grinding him in FE13 (i know i did help i have a serious problem)

also lewyn is a great name i will fight you

I still don't know why Sety is now Ced ;/

most likely it's a similar case to Lewyn intended to avoid confusion, in this case with Seth, who's also playable in FE13. i'm not sure how necessary the change was relatively speaking (Arthur went untouched after all, but then again Artur isn't in the same game), and i'll never be able to know NoA's criteria for sure, but this seems a reasonable guess

most likely it's a similar case to Lewyn intended to avoid confusion, in this case with Seth, who's also playable in FE13. i'm not sure how necessary the change was relatively speaking (Arthur went untouched after all, but then again Artur isn't in the same game), and i'll never be able to know NoA's criteria for sure, but this seems a reasonable guess

You can always ask the group that did the localization what their criteria were.

i agree

this is the same series that had amy and aimee exist in the same game

Actually, I think there is also others that have their names that are almost similar like "Sumia (FE13 character) and Simia (Deadlord) - since they appeared in the same game", "Fee, Fae (the Divine Dragon), and Mae", "Orson (FE8 boss), Orton (Plegian boss), and Orsin (FE5 character)".

And there is also like three characters with the same name that I am not sure if other three will have different names in the future "Robin (FE13's Avatar, but there is a FE2 character had that name)", "Victor (one of the two Bandit Twin boss in FE13, but that's the name of Arvis' father)", and "Morgan (Robin's child and The Binding Blade boss)" also.

I really like Lewyn much better.

Edited by King Marth 64

i stand corrected then

(granted MAYBE those two coexisted successfully solely on the basis of being spelt completely differently from each other in an easily distinguishable name, despite the core name pronunciation actually being the same? idk)

I think there is like "Sumia (FE13 character) and Simia (Deadlord) - since they appeared in the same game", "Fee, Fae (the Divine Dragon), and Mae", "Orson (FE8 boss), Orton (Plegian boss), and Orsin (FE5 character)".

And there is also like three characters with the same name that I am not sure if other three will have different names in the future "Robin (FE13's Avatar, but there is a FE2 character had that name)", "Victor (one of the two Bandit Twin boss in FE13, but that's the name of Arvis' father)", and "Morgan (Robin's child and The Binding Blade boss)" also.

I really like Lewyn much better.

Don't forget Henning (FE6), Denning (FE7), and Renning (FE10)

Also, Largo the Thracia boss and Largo the PoR playable character

Edited by General Banzai

that argument also relies on the premise that most players having an IQ score lower than a cactus

i'm pretty sure most people are capable of recognizing different pronunciation in two similar looking names (like Seth and Sety).

I think there is like "Sumia (FE13 character) and Simia (Deadlord) - since they appeared in the same game"

:facepalm:

Stop making assumptions just because they look similar in English letters.

The original name was Neun, named for a German number, the number nine.

The localized version based their names off the Chinese Zodiac, this one meaning monkey, the ninth member of the zodiac. Has *NOTHING* to do with Sumia.

That was even on the freaking wiki that you contribute so much to.

Edited by shadowofchaos

that argument also relies on the premise that most players having an IQ score lower than a cactus

i'm pretty sure most people are capable of recognizing different pronunciation in two similar looking names (like Seth and Sety).

You would be surprised how often people can get these things confused.

You would be surprised how often people can get these things confused.

Agreed, albeit this has never happened to me or anyone I can think of... but that doesn't mean it can't happen

I also wanna add to this, Orson and the now Orsin... Cecilia and Celica.... those'll catch someone at a glance

I'm confused as is with why Shani/Thany became Shanna and why Ray became Rei after the scanlators made a new consensus on Lleu.

Well, I used to think like that about wtf with the Jugdral names, but you shouldn't try to think too much about it, whatever goes through their minds, it's just a twisted labyrinth you'll never find your way out of

Ray didn't become Rei, it became Raigh.

Which is an even more baffling decision.

Also it always struck me as odd that the localizers were willing to do research on Roro and not only give him a thematic name (Legion) but also an appropriate way of speaking. Yet they couldn't be bothered to do the same with Sety.

Also it always struck me as odd that the localizers were willing to do research on Roro and not only give him a thematic name (Legion) but also an appropriate way of speaking. Yet they couldn't be bothered to do the same with Sety.

It's because Legion is a much better character than Ced.