Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Excluding super-effective damage, what relevant Pokemon can a Choice Banded Talonflame OHKO with a priority Brave Bird/Acrobatics? Its attack seems rather low overall.

I think the list must be pretty short.

once you get up a Swords Dance the list is pretty damn long

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give him 100% HP and a Focus Sash.

sounds like an incredibly unlikely scenario with all that recoil damage flying around!

(besides if we're pulling out Focus Sash, give Talonflame one too and stall first)

Edited by shadykid

sounds like an incredibly unlikely scenario with all that recoil damage flying around!

(besides if we're pulling out Focus Sash, give Talonflame one too and stall first)

Okay how about

Talonflame switches into Stealth Rock

Without SR damage on Mega Lucario, CB Adamant 252 Atk Talonflame has a 50% chance of OHKOing 4 HP / 0 Def MLucario; with SR damage, the odds go up to 68.75%, which is sort of neat. A layer of Spikes guarantees the OHKO.

Edited by Nessie

Okay how about

Talonflame switches into Stealth Rock

Even then talonflame beats blaziken. With blazikenite and life orb out there, there's no way a blaziken will be carrying a focus sach.

Also, blaziken main two attacks have recoil. Even if the blaziken was carrying a focus sach, it would die because of fire blitz/hi jump kick.

BTW, without stealth rock, neither high jump kick nor flare blitz OHKO talonflame.

[spoiler=Stuff]s1qonl.jpg

My mate just sent me this. Thoughts?

Any idea on how in the hell they managed to pull those up in the first place?

Edited by Dai

Any idea on how in the hell they managed to pull those up in the first place?

The only thing I can tell you is that my mate told me the poster had hacked into his/her game and found them. All I was given was that picture

I'm not saying they're legitimate, but I thought they deserved a mention

Excluding super-effective damage, what relevant Pokemon can a Choice Banded Talonflame OHKO with a priority Brave Bird/Acrobatics? Its attack seems rather low overall.

That attack is not that low(or maybe I'm too used with getting swept by 95 Base attack)

Here's a calculation using Jolly base 80 Attack, because I don't remember Talon's attack

0/0 Celebi(123.8% - 146.6%)

252/0 Neutral Venusaur Mega(99.5% - 117.6%)

Ludicolo

Keldeo

Breloom

Blaziken

Gengar(123% - 144.8%)

And for lulz Max HP Bold Arceus

74.8% - 88.3%

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

no one has ever hacked the 3ds and then some random guy comes and claim to have hacked it?

Also, with photoshop, it's not hard to make it look perfectly legit.

I believe the pictures are shopped rather than hacked. It's certainly easier to shop those pictures than it is to hack the 3ds.

Edited by Nobody

no one has ever hacked the 3ds and then some random guy comes and claim to have hacked it?

I believe the pictures are shopped rather than hacked. It's certainly easier to shop those pictures than it is to hack the 3ds.

He seems to have done something to his 3DS at least, lol (He shows changing versions, but not any game hacks)

The guys twitter:https://twitter.com/smealum

Edited by L95

Actually, I remember reading that Pokemon was always the game that made people discover how to hack a system, so the fact that it would happe again with the 3DS isn't that surprising. And every time something impossible is accomplished, it will be because 1 random guy comes and claims to have accomplished the deed. It was only a matter of time before some computer wiz figured it out.