Will GameFreak ever make an X/Y follow-up now?

Anacybele

...I've only posted about this in three topics. And barely. You people get annoyed way too easily.

Anyway, the trumpet thing. For the most part, I found gen 3's soundtrack to be meh. But I did really like one of the route themes. I just can't remember which routes it played on.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I've only posted about this in three topics. And barely. You people get annoyed way too easily.

Anyway, the trumpet thing. For the most part, I found gen 3's soundtrack to be meh. But I did really like one of the route themes. I just can't remember which routes it played on.

I'd guess the one right before Fallabor town

With the falling ashes

Best route ever

You HAVE been kind of throwing that opinion around a lot, Ana. It's totally fine if you don't like Gen 3, but people are bound to get aggravated when you keep bringing it up. (And you DID bring it up relatively frequently)

ANYWAY....

Anyway, I hope we learn more about this mysterious new region that was mentioned in X/Y when the follow-up comes around. Remember the one backpack guy that said he was from a region that we would "visit in time" or something like that? That's what I mean.

I agree. You're referring to the Strange Souvenir guy, right? My current theory is that we'll be able to travel to whatever this new region is in addition to Hoenn, like how Gold/Silver and their remakes had both Johto AND Kanto.

One of my many complaints about the series was that none of them had the guts to open up a bigger world with multiple regions for us to explore like GSC did. Maybe it's wishful thinking (though not totally unfounded I think, lol), but I'd say there's a decent chance of this happening!

Can we continue praising the trumpets?

I'm out of Hoenn trumpet pictures, sorry

Edited by BANRYU

Honest question, Anacybele, why did you think GF wouldn't make a third version/sequel of X/Y? What would stop them from doing both those and the remakes(like they did the other two times)?

did you ever think that perhaps once was enough?

it's like walking into a party and complaining that the music is too loud

if all you're doing is going to ruin the mood of everyone else at the party, then you probably shouldn't do it.

you're free to your opinion, but don't get so surprised when people get upset at you for continuously stating it, especially if it's negative.

also it's very, very, very hypocritical of you to say that we get annoyed easily. u r very much so one of these kinds of people.

Edited by I have opinions

Honest question, Anacybele, why did you think GF wouldn't make a third version/sequel of X/Y? What would stop them from doing both those and the remakes(like they did the other two times)?

Other gens being more popular, maybe? People these days still seem to praise gens 2 and 3 the most. I originally thought gen 3 was hated, possibly because of the lack of backwards compatibility with gen 2, but I discovered I was quite wrong about that.

Gen 5 also seems to be liked more than gen 6. Personally though, gens 4 and 6 are my top favorites (I realize Diamond and Pearl had some annoying flaws, but I really loved Sinnoh, its Pokemon, the towns, and everything else. Plus, Platinum fixed a lot of the flaws). Gen 5 with B2W2 is very close though, and I also enjoyed the first BW.

it's like walking into a party and complaining that the music is too loud

WHAT? SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THESE TRUMPETS

1762.png

I totally lied

No but in all seriousness, the party thing is a good analogy

It's also completely appropriate for this thread with all its trumpet talk lol

Edited by BANRYU

I like route 119 :E

Other gens being more popular, maybe? People these days still seem to praise gens 2 and 3 the most. I originally thought gen 3 was hated, possibly because of the lack of backwards compatibility with gen 2, but I discovered I was quite wrong about that.

Gen 5 also seems to be liked more than gen 6. Personally though, gens 4 and 6 are my top favorites (I realize Diamond and Pearl had some annoying flaws, but I really loved Sinnoh, its Pokemon, the towns, and everything else. Plus, Platinum fixed a lot of the flaws). Gen 5 with B2W2 is very close though, and I also enjoyed the first BW.

Pretty sure XY were some of the most hyped (idk about sales or w/e) with the jump to 3D and all dat. Or are you talking about the popularity of older gens?

Hoards copies of Gale of Darkness and Colosseum

Edited by L95

Ah, here. It was Route 110's music I liked a lot.

L95: Uh...I meant popularity of each gen in general?

Edited by Anacybele

TBCH I don't remember much of the music from this game .3. I remember a lot of the City themes and I remember route 110 (mainly the first few notes from biking back and forth between it and Slateport to hatch eggs lol).

...I've just recalled that my Pokemon OC is from Hoenn... He's going home, hehe~ x3

/unnecessary irrelevant information that no one will care about

If I had to rate the Gens, it's probably like this to me: Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 6 > Gen 1 > Gen 4 > Gen 5

Gen 5 felt very rushed and by-the-numbers. It didn't feel like a new adventure as much as other games were. It did give us some nicely designed Pokemon, but coming out so late in the DS run when the 3DS was about to come out made a lot of its features look like "This would have been a lot better had they waited to put this on 3DS". It was even more notorious when B&W2 came out, when the 3DS was already out for a while. I did enjoy them overall, though, but I felt they could have been a lot better.

And yes, Gen 3 soundtrack is godly. I want to hear those tracks remade with a bigger orchestra.

I won't comment on Ana's posts, as I'm not bothered by her opinion, but by the fact that she doesn't seem to realize WHY others in this thread find her posts annoying.

Steven was a Red-esque secret Champion in Emerald. I wouldn't mind if they did that again, personally.

Ooh, I forgot how nice Verdanturf was.

Edited by BANRYU