Votals 1.4

Green Poet (4): BBM, Euklyd, Eurykins, Refa
Euklyd (2): Green Poet, FFM
Junko (2): Shinori, Shin
Polydeuces (1): Camtech
Refa (1): Polydeuces
Shin (1): Bluedoom
Not Voting (1): Junko
With 12 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 8 to hammer. You have 35 and a half hours left in the day.
Edited by SB.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I fell asleep last night and now I'm in a rush in the morning. Hopefully I can SLACK sometime at work.

GP's responses were okay but something about her posts still has me convinced she was scum. Her Euklyd vote is basically the same as it was when she first made it- she's responded to Euk's case against her but hasn't really updated her own case at all other than to say that he hasn't responded to it. Also the Poly exchange at the beginning had a tone to it that I can't quite put words to at the moment which made me feel like she was twisting the question and attacking him. Kind of like a taunt? dunno

I legit think Shinori might be scum; his play is giving me NSFMM4 vibes of an early flurry of activity followed by just a post here and there justifying his votepark. Shinori; you originally voted Junko over GP because you wanted to pressure a second scumread over someone who had several votes on them already. So what do you think of GP atm?

A question to Cam that I forgot to ask him earlier. In the past, you've been one of those people like GP who's always very cautious to lay down a vote, even when people call you out for it. You displayed this reticence even in Kirby where you were very active. Why were you so quick to put down a vote here?

@cam Yeah I missed that comment that GP made on FFM. sorry about that

that isn't what i asked

A question to Cam that I forgot to ask him earlier. In the past, you've been one of those people like GP who's always very cautious to lay down a vote, even when people call you out for it. You displayed this reticence even in Kirby where you were very active. Why were you so quick to put down a vote here?

things change (kirby was like 8 months ago, for reference)

Oh I forgot about this ##Vote: Shin

Personally think you're being very lazy with your scumhunting and that's bad.

Man, that vote hurt bro. I'm going to have to fall back on the classic "British and timezones" excuse! Not entirely sure I buy the reasons, but I guess I haven't posted a tremendous amount. The thing about Cam voteparking on Poly so he can swap to a viable GP lynch later sounds pretty bad. Surely even the incompetent Camdar realises the consequences of a last minute swap, especially after he's suddenly decided that GP's town after a long spell of scumreading.

GP herself has kinda backed into a corner and hasn't really done much since. You mention a lot of town reads, but apparently you had nothing until Euk voted you and a FFM read which didn't deserve any sort of vote. Considering how much you've posted, I'd have expected a little more in the way of reads.

One thing I've really noticed about Poly from his ISO, his defense of FFM seems pretty extreme. We've already talked about his interactions with Refa, but his thing with GP was basically "find a good reason to vote FFM if you're going to vote him" rather than goading GP into voting. He's also spent the last two days arguing with Cam, who he's tried to fob off with "we see things differently" and quickly retracts his Refa case... but without the vote!

Poly, if you're unsure on Refa, why are you still voting him? There's a half hearted attempt to tie GP and Refa together as buddies but it's barely even expanded upon.

Refa, scum can play well too! And surely if someone's playing scummier than someone else, that's more of an indicator than how well they're playing? So CONFUSED. Your read on me is kinda an echo from Marth, but I'm not terribly bothered by it considering my masses of content!

I'm still pretty content with my Junko vote. He popped out of nowhere to sheep a Euk vote, and he's only really responded to things regarding GP. The unvote is pretty bad too, and it gives no concept of any reads at all. The waffles are also really tasty.

Scum: Junko > Poly > GP

Man, you're confusing: Cam > Refa > Marth

Everybody else: Everybody else

Free Silvers: SHIN.

that isn't what i asked

things change (kirby was like 8 months ago, for reference)

I also died horribly in that game! Go me!

well fuck, i thought that gp towntelled huge somewhere but i can't find it

still leaning town mostly for standing ground on unpopular wagons (which is non-scum because it doesn't give an easy out)

something that does bother me are that GP seemed to spend a lot more time defending herself than i remembered

couple more things i gleaned on a second pass

It's not a meta read. To clarify, I don't see why town would be passive aggressive in general, especially this early on.

did anyone ever ask refa to explain? because i'm CALLING U OUT BRO

sheep go baa, shin, yes, so why are you sheeping my poly vote?

this and this BBM post (and related) gives me bad vibes because it seems to set up a "damned if you do damned if you don't" scenario - the person witholding their vote now can't drop it on anyone without semi-substantial effort (in building a case that really won't exist ED1) because they'll look bad for folding too easily but they can't continue to not vote because "that's really scummy"

i had more but i'm in a rush so later nerds

well maybe if the person hadn't been withholding their vote in the first place they wouldn't be damned at all (insert motk crossed arms emoticon here)

On a serious note, I don't see where I accuse GP of folding too easily.

Euklyd wagon is not really unpopular either (Junko is voting there too); the flak she's getting isn't for the person she's voting as much as how she's doing it.

sheep go baa, shin, yes, so why are you sheeping my poly vote?

Actually changed my vote since then bro, but it was for the reasons specified - the defense of FFM itself and the rather questionable reasons for his attack on anyone going after FFM.

okay I'm still tired since I just woke up but before I forget

##Unvote

##Vote: Green Poet

reasons later in actual content post

On a serious note, I don't see where I accuse GP of folding too easily.

well, she didn't fold

if she had there would most certainly have been people jumping on her for it

Euklyd wagon is not really unpopular either (Junko is voting there too); the flak she's getting isn't for the person she's voting as much as how she's doing it.

it was unpopular at the time, junko sheeped her

Junko sheeped her literally like 3-4 posts later. GP being the first person on the wagon doesn't mean the wagon is unpopular or that she's town, or are you saying that scum don't start wagons?

It's still tied for the second-largest wagon after GP herself so it's still not unpopular and that reason for townreading GP still makes no sense.

At what time? There has never been a non-RVS wagon of greater than 2 people on anyone but GP. The only time the Euklyd wagon was under 2 people was literally in the ten minutes between GP and Junko's votes. Again, unless you're saying that scum never vote first for anyone, I have no idea what you're going for.

But it's not the person she's voting; it's the way she's doing it. FFM is voting the same person (I said Junko earlier; my mistake) and has no votes so...

oh yeah, this is the what i was looking for

"If you just got around to reading this game [...] Right now, you're scum trying to contribute by relying on a false tell." - pretty bold assertion coming from someone too hesitant to vote over multiple posts of discussion wrt FFM

-What sort of game-related response were you expecting to this?

I feel that this is a town-motivated response. I was trying to create a "heads I win tails you lose" situation in that GP couldn't back off (because she made such a strong statement about euklyd) but leaving it was hypocrisy. Yes, the fact that she even got into this situation at all was bad, and that I probably should have been voting her at the time. I instead chose to pursue further before making judgement.

If she had tried to weasel out of it with some bullshit reasoning or whatever, I would have been on her in a heartbeat. In this case, she chooses to stay her ground without really attempting a legitimate response (because, unless someone else can think of something I can't, there isn't one) and just accepts my reasoning for disliking her vote. This is a town reaction because it follows a conviction under scrutiny and it seems like she's willing to hold it to the death. The last part is most important because, for the most part, townies shouldn't be afraid of the lynch.

THAT BEING SAID

I decided to go a little further into the rabbit hole (for no real good reason, just a hunch) and GP follows it up with

Yeah, I'm not terribly satisfied with it either, but he's my strongest scumread at the moment. . . well, however strong an inherently soft D1 scumread can be.

which really sucks and pretty much gives herself an easy out, which I guess sort of invalidates my read