Aqua's role

she'll be the main villian, mark my words

I really hope this is the case, and it'd be fitting. If Aqua really is in the same situation as Kamui but has the opposite role, it would make sense that Kamui is the protagonist and Aqua the antagonist.

(Plus I'm also pissed she's basically reverse Kamui. Antag-Aqua would really make Kamui shine)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me another Kreia, I know it's impossible, but give me a Kreia.

As for her stealing the spotlight, I wouldn't be so sure. It seems like so much effort is being put into making Kamui special, I mean just look at their attack animation. I know that doesn't mean anything story-wise, but we don't have a lot more to go on than our gut feeling at the moment. With any luck, she'll complement Kamui and vice-versa, as the more important characters of a story should. Edited by Thane

Also, does anyone think Aqua could possibly be an illegitimate child? I mean, she doesn't look like any of the Nohrian siblings. In fact, she shares a hair colour with one of the maid girls. And in the teaser trailer she's seen dancing for Garon, which doesn't really strike me as a healthy father-daughter relationship - as well as the fact that she was held by Hoshido all these years (but we don't know the specifics on that yet, so I'm going to withhold judgement for now)

There can be more than one lead character, people

(And are people really going with the hair color = relations? Did we learn nothing today?)

Learning is for nerds, NEEEEEEERRRRRRRD!

imsorryjk

I don't know how much I like the idea of Aqua being the opposite/same of Kamui, that just doesn't sit well with me unless as some people have theorized, that she may be an antagonist. That would be neat-o.

Kamui's a Lord that can turn into a fuckin dragon, I don't think they have to worry about anyone stealing their spotlight (though dancer lord would be pretty cool too). Actually, I like Aqua being reverse-Kamui. I wanted some scandal with Hoshido ever since they were defined as 'peace-loving' and I have it. This info basically justifies Nohr stealing Kamui in 'an eye for an eye' way and casts shadows on Hoshido's supposed light.

I also don't think Aqua will be the antagonist as she's a playable character? Like how would her level work? What if you don't use her? What if you overuse her? I guess that has something to do with the games' choices aspect but still...Maybe if she gets kidnapped again/separaed from Kamui at some point in the game then maybe, but I can't see it right now. Still hoping Hoshido ruler/Mom is antaagonist.

Considering she's the only dancer we've seen in this game, I really hope she's not the antagonist. Make her the antagonist when she gets a more generic class that isn't a token class in every game.

I always enjoyed a good heroine, first C.C in CG and then Saki in VVV. I don't mind her overshadowing Kamui if she is an interesting characters. Good waifu is better than just normal waifu.

I'm still of the opinion that if she's to take any kind of major screen role estate it'll probably be in the 3rd path.

I really hope this is the case, and it'd be fitting. If Aqua really is in the same situation as Kamui but has the opposite role, it would make sense that Kamui is the protagonist and Aqua the antagonist.

In the official artwork she carries an awesome lance and as we all know lances beat swords so. There's that.

Not sure if believing a rumor is wise, but I don't think Aqua will overshadow Kamui. if's writer is known for having two characters act as the lead. Not sure if any of them have overshadowed the other, but I get the feeling he'd be able to balance the focus between the two.

I do find the idea of Aqua being a villain interesting. A twist like that would be quite the gutpunch, given that the game is probably going to do it's best to make you care about her.

In the official artwork she carries an awesome lance and as we all know lances beat swords so. There's that.

Interesting observation.

^^ So the female "hero"is the villain cause she has a longer weapon?

as the previous poster said interesting observation.

Though i am interested in a Zeek character I am not sure if it is likely to happen as such and if they go shinon i don't see it beyond the first few chapters ie opposing side siblings

Give me another Kreia, I know it's impossible, but give me a Kreia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLEBtObYxU

As for her stealing the spotlight, I wouldn't be so sure. It seems like so much effort is being put into making Kamui special, I mean just look at their attack animation. I know that doesn't mean anything story-wise, but we don't have a lot more to go on than our gut feeling at the moment. With any luck, she'll complement Kamui and vice-versa, as the more important characters of a story should.

A FE Kreia would be awesome (Lerhan had a bit of that already, but not towards the main character)

i actually like her more, I was worried she was a character as only a plot device, but she seems like she has an important role to play. I always did like co-protags though, I think those give the greatest weight as a story, especially when one is the player character. It's harder to do, but looking forward to it.

Aqua's appearance on the first trailer left me assume that she is the protagonist of the story and the plot would revolve around her. However, after the second trailer, the appearance of White Hair character raise a few uncertainty. At the moment, I do not see any certainty that says Kamui is not a "Robin" of the story. The cover where there are two Kamuis on both side and Aqua in middle really question the significance of her. Aqua's existence on that cover seems dominant, I don't have the right word for it. I mean either side have their own lord and a version of Kamui. Aqua, whose existence on the cover is rather absolute and divine, as if she is the true lord, the true "Chrom" or "Marth" of the story.

Assuming Aqua's is secondary main character, based on the Hero's Journey (if you've watched Ted-Ed video) or Fool's Journey (if you are familiar with Tarot Card or Shin Megami Tensei), I would say Aqua is the Wizard, who guides the hero through his journey. She is the Jiminy cricket that follows the hero and influence him/her to make the best decision as possible. She is the Gandalf that gives Frodo that task the destroy the ring, a goal and purpose for his adventure.

Aqua's appearance on the first trailer left me assume that she is the protagonist of the story and the plot would revolve around her. However, after the second trailer, the appearance of White Hair character raise a few uncertainty. At the moment, I do not see any certainty that says Kamui is not a "Robin" of the story. The cover where there are two Kamuis on both side and Aqua in middle really question the significance of her. Aqua's existence on that cover seems dominant, I don't have the right word for it. I mean either side have their own lord and a version of Kamui. Aqua, whose existence on the cover is rather absolute and divine, as if she is the true lord, the true "Chrom" or "Marth" of the story.

Assuming Aqua's is secondary main character, based on the Hero's Journey (if you've watched Ted-Ed video) or Fool's Journey (if you are familiar with Tarot Card or Shin Megami Tensei), I would say Aqua is the Wizard, who guides the hero through his journey. She is the Jiminy cricket that follows the hero and influence him/her to make the best decision as possible. She is the Gandalf that gives Frodo that task the destroy the ring, a goal and purpose for his adventure.

I think that you're probably right, that's the most common trope.

Btw, what's your profile pic from?

Honestly, I feel that Aqua is going to be overshadowed by Kamui. There was something I heard mentioned on the 4/1 Direct that had me confused.

This time around, for the first time in the series, your created character is the main protagonist of the game.

At this point, I'm pretty much thinking "Wait, isn't there someone else who is just as important, if not more, than Kamui?" Since then, I assumed she was guaranteed demoted to plot device.

She will be the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MysteriousWaif

I hope not, but I know I will be disappointed. It's the circle of life.

I want her to be the unexpected main villain, myself.

The only way I can see that happening, though, is if she's held against her will to do it or something. I can't see her genuinely being evil or selfish yet.

I want her to be the unexpected main villain, myself.

The only way I can see that happening, though, is if she's held against her will to do it or something. I can't see her genuinely being evil or selfish yet.

If so then I hope Hoshido's empress is the one giving her orders. I want one or both of them to be the bad guy because pure sweet maidens are overrated.

Yay! lets criticize characters as (possibly) being 1 D cliches before the game is even out yet. *Sigh*

I'm just going to let the Late Sir Terry Pratchett do the talking for me.

“The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.”

She probably is. I had to laugh when reading the article from that link, though. I'm supposed to be drawn to her, but I keep forgetting that she even exists... I'm much more interested in the other characters. I'm really tired of characters like that so maybe that's also why .

If so then I hope Hoshido's empress is the one giving her orders. I want one or both of them to be the bad guy because pure sweet maidens are overrated.

Overated is a terrible term.

I'd rather not have either of them be evil per say, maybe more morally ambiguous but i'm not against goody goods.

Edited by Jedi