Shin Megami Tensei Mafia Day 5

Bluedoom

First of all, I'm quite frankly disgusted by the swift meta usage that this game has resorted to. I expected better from you lot.

In any event, I'm less sold on Red Eye following a more thorough reread. As I have mentioned before, the main concern I had with her was the sheeping she was guilty of. However, her recent content has been better than the earlier work that was submitted, so I am less sold on a Red Eye lynch (that being said, even if I did still find her scummy on reread, I would have moved off of her for the time being due to the wagon dying).

The Wife has piqued my interest for further inquiry with her (his?) recent posts; specifically, the likelihood of lining up lynches then throwing his vote onto Stick with a simple vanilla claim from Death. I will admit that many of her reads (aside from the one on myself, clearly) are very plausible, though the suggestion to vig several players confounds me. How are you even so sure that there is, in fact, a vigilante in this game, bastard or no?

Speaking of Stick, I'm more or less null on him. Since apparently we are using outside meta, his posts feel like... well, posts that he normally makes in games. I'm not too sure why exactly we're using meta against him, but meta can easily make him not scum because his posts honestly read the same to me in each game.

Several others need to post more, and I'm currently not of the proper disposition to read Kelpie's wall posts, so I have yet to establish reads on them.

I'll reread the rest of the game and make another post soon.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, so, continuing reading the thread again, I don't think I like Death's Wife vote too much and his posts are hard to read cause of the annoying yellow, in which the mods should most definitely get rid of this annoying post restriction if it is one.

I see Knuckle's post and I think I he has a good point about what he said about TF, but I don't see the case on Goon.

@DB, why would drop the case on TF as you said in #102?

and Knuckle's explains his case, I still don't get it :(

Kelpie's posts are just as hard to read as Fangirl's and especially when I already have like 12 tabs opened up and what is worse is that it doesn't drop a vote and now that I read Goon, he already mentioned that.

Raido's post reminds me that sheeping has been the most common trait going around in this game, I did a quick iso on him and found he had one other post. He says he doesn't want to lynch Red Eye, his reasoning for saying that is probably not bad, but it doesn't explain why he didn't unvote and vote someone else or doesn't mention who he might be voting. Well, actually I don't understand his 2nd post cause I have yet to catch up, but the first is all about sheeping onto Red Eye, while the second doesn't drop actual reads. Don't really like that too much.

I have to go yet again

As a personal note, I think I already know who is Refa, Prims and Weapons. I expected Ellie to be in the mix but whatevs.

RAIDO, why is Red Eye's sheeping worse than others' sheeping? You acknowledged she wasn't the only one, yet you decided that she was the worst case because... well... you never quite explained well why, aside from "well this is how I feel about her". If anything, there are other people to be addressed, following your logic.

Regarding stickman: He hasn't contributed much to the whole game (this is also true to TF), his first Red Eye vote sucked (he said Red Eye's Fangirl vote was bad and pointless because it wouldn't get her lynched... since when is this a reason to not vote someone and how did he know Fangirl wasn't going to be lynched if we still were on early D1?), later on he confirms he's still satisfied with a Red Eyes Black Dragon lynched and adds "if for no other reason than s/he makes me angry" as another motive. Also, how is being inflammatory scummy? If anything it's more of a personality quirk than scum play.

tl;dr, his reasons to vote Red Eye are old and/or based on personality quirks of the player, his case is bad and all he's done through D1 is tunnel Red Eye with little mentions to other players. His commitment to scumhunting in general is null, I wouldn't mind lynching him this phase BUT I believe he's more town!"newbie" than scum!"newbie", he's the lowest of the three in my priority list.

Now, in regards to Red Eye (seriously stop being so hysteric this is just a goddamn game):

Death had a point about you though: You hadn't contributed much at that time, you decided to counter his argument with irony that doesn't change the fact that you had as little activity as he did; your opinions on other players were as shallow as you claimed stickman's to be, it seems not going into detail about your reads is a thing in your meta.

Later on, her post regarding her case on Death is solid (except he was right about voting her for not contributing), yet I can't see how he is supposedly deliberately trying to divert attention from one of his scumbuddies; this post seems like WIFOM on the part where she refers to Scum Goon possibly being town or mafia, this amounts to absolutely nothing. This post makes me read her as "okay I'm done here, whatever", which is the same as omitting yourself from the game on purpose or laziness.

I wouldn't mind lynching Red Eye as well. She hasn't done any scumhunting other than defend herself from Death's vote, or say that other people's reads are shallow and dumb, or WIFOM about Scum Goon's alignment and speculate scenarios. If anything Death is right about her not doing much the whole game.

I already expressed my opinion about Death.

Therefore, from the three wagons, the one I choose is:

unvote

##Vote: Red Eye

man I keep meaning to make a post and then get distracted by WORK stoopid work

@Knuckles- Stickman is most definitely not a newbie. Even not counting meta, his explanation about why sheeping is scummy and how it's easy for scum to sheep is not something a newbie would say. Additionally, the fact that he's using the wolf/villager terms means he's been playing, at the very least, since the Game of Mafia Champions, which was in like March or April or something.

Normally I tend to agree with BBM about vanilla claims but why on earth would a Vanilla have a PR??? Doesn't make sense at all, even for a bastard game. Would still lynch/10 (wrt Death)

I would also lynch stickman; the fact that he's around to defend himself while still refusing to actual produce content of any kind is pretty terrible.

ElieVotals
Red Eye (5): Kelpie, stickmanramp, RAIDO, Death..., Knuckles on Steroids
Death.. (4): Lucifer's #1 Fangirl, Red Eye, Scum Goon, Deathbound
stickmanramp (4): Minerva X, Kenji Harima, Samael, The Wife
Deathbound (1): No Lynch
There is approximately 5 hours, 37 minutes left in the phase. 6 players are required to lynch at deadline, and 8 players are required for a hammer.

Because i see people requestin', I'm doin.

Edited by Sara.

^^Knuckles- PR = Posting Restriction

Normally I tend to agree with BBM about vanilla claims but why on earth would a Vanilla have a PR??? Doesn't make sense at all, even for a bastard game. Would still lynch/10 (wrt Death)

Actually fair point. I'm dumb.

##Unvote

##Vote: Death..

You guys don't like the way I communicate? Shame on you all! I'm glad no one's being lynched! It's a No Lynch World! Yea, i'll quit the RP don't worry. And no, I want someone lynched. I anticipated reading some more last night and today, and haven't had the opportunity to build a post.

However, i've decided that I'm coming out of the closet. I want...to see a lynch happen...BUT NOT JUST ANY LYNCH

I want someone on my "No Seal of No Lynch Approval"

I'd take my No Lynch Seal of Approval away from

Scum Goon

The Wife??

Lucifer's #1 Fangirl

to be lynched. However, since I've decided that announcing my true colors to the world is more important, I should analyze the wagons at hand.

STICKMANRAMP: The effort is less than mine! Also, the sarcasm isn't helping. I've not yet convinced myself that this is scum, but he's the farthest from town that I can see among the current wagons by a longshot.

DEATH..: Vanilla Claim means very little to me at this stage in the game. Content is respectable though, as far as I care.

RED EYE: Posts like this look really townie to me. Solid breakdown of cases and bringing up potential arguments for later on the chance of death make my pants wet. Early game seemed weak in RVS stage, considerably so. It's a tradeoff, but I like where this slot has grown to. Like the bulge in Bluedoom's pants

##Unvote

##Vote stickmanramp

Please be mafia with an extreme case of apathy. TBH I wouldn't vote RedEye under normal circumstances. Death is still an upper echelon townread to me.

I literally thought got the RP to have two personalities, but I misinterpreted it, and I'm actually gay. I hope you all don't mind.

##Unvote, ##Vote: stickman

I don't want Death's role in the event he's town. Consider that my claim.

Knuckles, what makes you think stickman is a weak town player and not a better player that's merely faking it? The problem with his posts isn't that he's wrong, it's that he's actively disregarding questions directed at him. This is not behavior I would expect from anyone who was able to make his other posts unless they were scum trying to pretend to be someone else.

ElieVotals

Red Eye (5): Kelpie, stickmanramp, RAIDO, Death.., Knuckles on Steroids
stickmanramp (5): Minerva X, Kenji Harima, Samael, No Lynch, Red Eye
Death.. (4): Lucifer's #1 Fangirl, Scum Goon, Deathbound, The Wife
RAIDO (1): Twitter_Famous
Who the hell isn't voting? I can't figure it out Nvm :
There is approximately 5 hours, 7 minutes left in the phase. 6 players are required to lynch at deadline, and 8 players are required for a hammer.

There. Twitter_Famous was missing from my last votals.

Edited by Sara.

##Unvote, ##Vote: stickman

I don't want Death's role in the event he's town. Consider that my claim.

Knuckles, what makes you think stickman is a weak town player and not a better player that's merely faking it? The problem with his posts isn't that he's wrong, it's that he's actively disregarding questions directed at him. This is not behavior I would expect from anyone who was able to make his other posts unless they were scum trying to pretend to be someone else.

If he was a better player, don't you think he'd try to portray himself better to not get lynched on D1? It'd make no sense to deliberately play badly, no matter the alignment.

Also, from the mistakes he made that I pointed out before, I reinforce my theory that he is a weak town player. Protowns wouldn't slip so much.

... Even though I suspect I know who he is, and, if I am right about it, my theory is wrong.

Also, for someone who called him dumb and said earlier that his reads were shallow, why are you now saying the only issue with his posts is how he evades questions directed at him?

If you checked my previous posts I also said I didn't think those remarks were necessarily scummy, just not good protown play/thinking.

He just seems to be playing like he was back before his hiatus, where he was just incredibly apathetic no matter what. Which I guess is a nulltell and not a scumtell like I was saying earlier, but definitely not a towntell either. What I don't get is what caused the incredibly fast drop in motivation from his first content post to his following posts...

Oh wait they're on the previous page. Uh, ##Unvote, not voting in case of unclaimed mayor or some nonsense (it'd put Death at L-1) and I want Marth to be around to answer my question.

If No Lynch inflicted the afforementioned post restriction on Death, he should claim it.

My opinion on stickman is that whilst his play has been weak, I feel like he would have made more of an attempt to mask his intentions as scum. I am doubtful that he would continue to hound Red Eye with no more justification than "he annoys me" if he was mafia, and I feel as though his scumbuddies would have forced him to produce more relevant content. In addition, the wagon against him built at a rather alarming rate which increases my discomfort with his lynch.

I still feel as though Red Eye is the towniest of those under threat today, and would prefer stickman's lynch to his. However, Death is still the scummiest player in my eyes, so I would rather we do away with him first.

at least this way there will conceivably actually be a lynch (HINT CRUMB HINT)

This doesn't bode well to me. And sorry SG, I didn't do anything to Death last night, but the fact exists that just because no killing actions could occur on night 0, other actions could.

Should I vote for Death..? I am having my doubt's about stickdickram after that last post of his.