Shin Megami Tensei Mafia Day 5

Bluedoom

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah changing D3 to 48 hours.

And if a majority isn't reach it won't add to the counter of UL(after some mod discussion we came to this agreement.)

D3 ends on Thursday the 21st, GMT 5:40 am

Manix is probs the one who's gonna be updating that.

Votals at Phase End:

Kenji harima: 1 vote

Samael: 5 votes(HAMMER!)

Scum Goon: 1 vote

Kelpie: 1 vote

Dear Samael,
250px-Yu_Narukami_render.png
You are Narukami Yu, the protagonist of Persona 4.
Your parents keep moving from place to place. As such, you have never made any good friends and feel lonely most of the time. Upon entering the shadow world, you are attacked by the Shadows and have to use your persona, Izanagi, to defend yourself. You have the Fool Arcana, and such are able to get more powerful persona by establishing social links with your friends. You are the one who slain the goddess Izanami, who was responsible for the series of murders in the TV world.
You are the Jack of all Trades. Due to the numerous number of persona that you have attained, you have a series of abilities that you may use. Each of these abilities may be used only once. You may not use more than one ability each Day/Night cycle (Day X and Night X are considered a Day/Night cycle).
Day Revealer: Any Day Phase, you may post in the thread with Day X: I will tell everyone about you, <Player>. You will command your persona, Leanan Sidhe, to investigate <Player>. <Player>'s role PM will then be announced for everyone in the thread to see. The announcement of the role PM happens when a mod sees the response.
Vigilante: Any Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with Night X: Your time is up, <Player>. You will command your persona, Izanagi, to seek and assassinate <Player>.
Bus Driver: Any Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with Night X: Your lives and fates will now be intertwined, <Player 1> and <Player 2>. You will command your persona, Ara Mitama, to step towards <Player 1> and <Player 2> and redirect all actions targeted at <Player 1> towards <Player 2> and vice versa.
You are aligned with the Light: You win when all hostile factions are eliminated.

Well that was a mistake on your part. Should've thought twice before making your votes. Maybe luck will be on your side for the enxt day phase.

It is now Night 3. Night 3 ends on Sunday the 24th, GMT 10:00 am because I'll be busy until then. Or if I get all actions in today.

You find two mangled bodies on the ground the next morning. How sad.
Knuckles on Steroids has been modkilled! They were:
Dear Knuckles on Steroids,
You are Genma Hanuman, a recurring demon.
You are the Monkey God in Hindu mythology, one who helped Rama( an avatar of the Protector God, Vishnu) to defeat Ravana in the Ramayana. Your face is red and shines like a ruby, while your skin is gold. Being the son of the Wind God Vayu, you can fly and adjust your size. As a demon, you perform the True Phantasm ability.
During the night, reply as follows:
Night X- Use True Phantasm and follow USER.
This power is so magnificent that USER cannot escape your trail. You will see who USER visited that night.
In short, you are the Tracker.
You are aligned with the Light: You win when all hostile factions are eliminated.
Lucifer's #1 Fangirl has died! They were:

Dear Lucifer's #1 Fangirl,

You are Yuriko, an antagonist from Shin Megami Tensei I and IV.

You appear in the Hero's dreams and pledge loyalty to him, but you are part of Gotou's uprising. You try to kill the Hero at one point but you cannot, and you fail several times trying to kill the Heroine(even going so far as to kidnapping her).
You recognize the Hero as you former consort Adam, but are not able to reunite. In the Law and Neutral route you end up eventually fighting the Hero and his companions and die with regrets. In the chaos route
you realize the Hero is best off with the Heroine.

You start off with a one shot KIDNAP USER: USER will fail with their action and all other action on the USER will fail. USER will not be allowed to post in-thread the next day phase.

Whenever you take the kill, you assess your opponent's abilities and try to alter your strategy such that you can use their strength too. Hence each time you kill a player, you get a one shot of their role.

In short, you are the Absorber.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when the mafia controls half the votes.

It is now Day 4. Day 4 ends on Wednesday the 27th, GMT: 12:30 PM.

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to hammer. Lynching requires hammer.

Edited by Bluedoom

This is... really strange. Massclaim is obviously the best move here, role and day 3 vote. I voted for Kelpie, and I'm a vanilla.

Honestly, I find Deathbound the most suspicious player at this juncture (or at least those were my feelings before the site crashed, I forgot this game was even ongoing until Bluedoom messaged me on skype) but obviously I need to reread the thread. It seems likely we have a neutral in our midst, so No Lynch should out the rest of the their jail targets (preferably last.) I'm going to look at the day 1 votes again. I will return shortly.

Day 1 Votals

Death.. (7): Lucifer's #1 Fangirl, Scum Goon, Deathbound, The Wife, stickmanramp, Knuckles on Steroids, Red Eye

stickmanramp (4): Minerva X, Kenji Harima, Samael, No Lynch

Red Eye (3): Kelpie, RAIDO, Death..
RAIDO (1): Twitter_Famous

Okay, so here are the Day 1 votecounts. Because it's MYLO, there are almost certainly 2 mafia members left (which seems like a lot to me, considering that the flipped roles so far have been fairly powerful) so I'm going to check through for interactions again.

I also have a feeling that the only reason Kelpie wasn't modkilled based on activity is because she's scum, considering her latest post came only 12 hours after Knuckles' last.

Current lynch priority:
Deathbound > Kelpie > Minerva X > Kenji

DEATHBOUND

The main reason I've grown suspicious of Deathbound is due to the circumstances of the game, to be quite frank. After learning that the game is 10/4 going for a day 1 bus doesn't seem too extreme, especially since Death was obviously not going to make it too far continuing the way he did, so the best move would be to maximize towncred in that position.

The next day he conveniently drops his scumread on Fangirl (which he could get away with as nobody was looking her way anymore) but other than that he seems strangely hesitant to clear people off of the Day 1 wagon. I think the only players that he seems to consider town off of that besides that were myself and The Wife (who he was already townreading anyway), and he continued to argue for scum!stickman when in my opinion he really should've been cleared in my opinion (Samael why did you have to shoot him ugh.)

The point that got me thinking about all this however his suggestion to No Lynch to use his jail as a hook, and how No Lynch and Deathbound have both survived 2 nights having had very little suspicion placed on them. This is a play scum!Deathbound would love to make, he keeps the Jailkeeper around (who was townreading him) that might hook various townies but at the same time doesn't have to worry about the factional kill if the towniest person on the team takes it - especially when the numbers were revealed today. It also doesn't interfere with his plans to kill the townier players because there's no way they'll be jailed anymore.

It's really convenient for scum!Deathbound to do this, and discounting the D1 and overall good posts (good, not townie) nothing really jumps out as indicative of being town. Deathbound might be a player who busses regularly like SB or BBM, because it's worked fairly well so far.

Obviously I wouldn't lynch him today due to the kidnap though, and I need to look at the other players as well.

KENJI

Thank goodness there are less posts here.

My read on Kenji throughout the game has mostly been a gut lean towards being town. While he's been inactive, he's made an effort to come in and post when he can and nothing really sticks out to me as scummy. There's also the "yay I got my 4th favourite role" point; I don't think that a mafia member would have decided what they wanted to claim during RVS (judging by Death, they clearly didn't have fakeclaims) so I'm feeling good about him. He doesn't have particularly strong interactions with flipped mafia members but they're not bad interactions by any means, so he gets a pass from me.

And now for the wallposts! Why did both of you have to survive this long?

MINERVA X

Maybe the single digit postcounts are a blessing in disguise - I really don't want to read through any more wallposts.

The main thing that concerns me is how Minerva treated Death day 1. It seemed like she was passively defending Death from attacks during earlier parts of the day, and then when he became a wagon her opinion changed into a scumread but never ended up committing to a vote on him. Instead she continued to hound stickman for his crumb whilst saying she would vote Death as a second option, but talk is cheap. She never says anything about Lucifer either, which isn't particularly endearing. I also dislike how her Samael read was just "I don't think I can accept them as clear" rather than giving something definitive.

KELPIE

I've been trying to lynch this slot for days, and for good reason. Kelpie spends far too much time talking around Death rather than giving a read on him, pushing almost every potential wagon day 1 but his own. She also has virtually nothing to say on L1F, Minerva X and Kenji (one being flipped scum, the other two being potential lynch candidates for today). I really don't want to write out a case at this point because I'm tired of it when nothing has changed since the last time and I still feel like Kelpie pretty much has to be scum at this point.

Will reevaluate priorities in the following post.

I feel better about Deathbound now, actually. It makes much more sense for scum to kidnap a townie when they would expect today to be 4/3 so that town can't coordinate their votes very well, rather than doing it to shield a scumbuddy (and it doesn't actually stop us from lynching him - I asked) so I feel that I just let my paranoia get the better of me at this point.

Current Priority:
Kelpie > Minerva X > Deathbound > Kenji

Kelpie and Minerva have awful interactions with the flipped mafia members and practically nothing with each other. Deathbound could be scum, but at this point I feel like it's a stretch based on the kidnap (the game would've been in 4/3 if a modkill didn't happen) and Kenji just doesn't read like scum to me.

okay, my reads have been absolutely terrible this game and it seems I was wrong about both my town and scum reads, other than wife.

like SG already said everyone should claim and claim their vote the previous phase

I am vanilla and my vote was on Samael

NL should also out his targets the previous phases

btw, one thing does bug me and that is, NL claimed he was roleblocking Fangirl and considering how nice her ability is, I would assume she would take the scum kill, but the scumkill didn't fail on N1. Anyone has any theories on it?

@Mods, can DB vote?

if so, DB should place his vote on the person he voted the previous phase and mods should show us a votals after he does. Everyone else should not vote so that we can avoid potential early hammer.