C13 - In Search of Truth

C13X - The Peddler Merlinus

C14 - False Friends

C15 - Talons Alight

C16 - Noble Lady of Caelin

C17 - Whereabouts Unkown

C17X - Port of Badon

C18 - Pirate Ship

Alright, I decided to try this so I can rank these characters better. Now of course I'm going to try to aim for effeciency but... yeah. It's been a long ass time since I've played this game. Can't wait to get Sain back.

Chapter 11: Taking Leave

Turn Count: 21... unfortunately.

Overview

Oh boy. I haven't played this in a while and, tbh, was so pissed at how long this took. I did a lot of careless mistakes (forgot to trade the vulnerary, forgot when you killed the Thief you don't get the Vulnerary, etc). Factor in a few misses and boy was it... dumb. I was near-death in this chapter, though I wish I restarted it. I left the Armor Knight and the Arcer in the northwest corner alive. After getting the Vulnerary and healing w/it, I kill Wire.

Props:

- Good Matthew and Hector level-ups. That's about it.

Cons:

- lol21turns.

- Forgetting a lot of the simple mechanics.

- Near-death and RNG-missing.

- Just... yeah.

- :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The H4x units

Hector (3.87) - 21 HP | 8 Str | 4 Skl | 6 Spd | 4 Luck | 9 Def | 0 Res

Matthew (9.52) - 23 HP | 9 Str | 8 Skl | 17 Spd | 5 Luck | 5 Def | 3 Res

I'll update that later.

This should be the only chapter where the turn count should be terrible. I think from here-on out I got a good grasp of it.

Edited by Colonel M

Chapter 12: Birds of a Feather

Turn Count: 8

Overview

Oh yeah, now this is much better. Osw1n Osborne and H4xter basically rip up the north side. I just love how this game has a fetish for enemy Pegasi because it really hurts Serra's performance. No worries though since Serra was never in danger. Matthew was good for taking out some of the Bandits and hitting that one on the peak. Also I had to lol since Zanbu had 0 displayed hit on Matthew on said Peak. Too bad he hit H4xter twice and Hector missed once, hence Matthew had to get the boss kill.

Meanwhile in Pansywood land Marcus goes to the village and pilfers the Secret Book which I sell for 4000 Gold. Brilliant, I must say. Dorcas tries to hit some Bandit on the mountain on the Enemy Phase, but we all know how that works. Lowen didn't do as bad as I thought, but Eliwood was in grave danger. The Bandit hit him with 36% displayed and he just barely dodged death because the Archer w/68 Hit missed him. Phew. Marcus does his dirtywork in the north by getting the Red Gem, selling it, and getting us a couple more weapons (Iron Axe for Hector, Iron Lance for Marcus himself, and an Iron Sword for Eliwood). Otherwise no complaints.

Pros:

- Hector and Osw1n Osborne for h4x tier

- Matthew did pretty stellar for me since he doubled the Mercenary too.

- Marcus for doing his usual LEEROY-ing... once. But he has good Mov.

- Lowen for defendng the bottom group

Cons:

- Pansywood for being 2RKOed.

- Dorcas... just shaddap.

- Bartre and Rebecca. Well, at least the latter did SOMETHING. She killed a Peg.

The H4x Units

H4xter (5.43) - 23 HP | 9 Str | 4 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 10 Def | 0 Res

Pansywood - (1.89) - Bases

LEEOY JEIGAN Marcus - 1.07 - Bases

Rebeeca (1.37) - Bases

Lowen (2.31) - Bases

lolBartre (2.00) - Bases

Osw1n Osborne (9.46) - Bases

Dorcas (3.84) - Bases

Serra (4.44) - 18 HP | 3 Mag | 5 Skl | 8 Spd | 8 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res

Matthew (11.23) - 24 HP | 10 Str | 9 Skl | 19 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 3 Res

Double Post, but after I finish this I might take a spin on Paperblade mode. If he gets Luck on those enemies (I almost want to say please no).

Also yes I did Lyndis mode. Just for fyi's: Irk got the Angelic Robe and Matthew got the Energy Ring.

The character editor seems to have one "Black Fang" being used for about 10 chapters worth of enemies, despite there being like 9001 more Black Fang, and certain enemies like the generic General in Genesis apparently using their own personal modifier. I'm either SoL or have to wait for Solide to get on to tell me how to do it. So yeah, no Luck for a while. =/

Also, your Hector's ridiculous.

Edited by Paperblade

Chapter 13 - In Search of Truth

Turn Count: 13 olol

Overview

Nothing too hard. I could've squeezed the turn count lower but I went to shop for some ranged weapon (yum). Osborne took the west and Crazy Train'd every enemy standing while the rest of the group hit southward. Rebecca did a little bit of work but... nothing fancy. A shot here and there. As you can see I did build a C support with Hector and Eliwodd. Eliwood did okay in this chapter but yeah, seeing him as a High Tier unit atm is pretty hard IMO. I wish Lowen could double a bit better but I'm looking forward to his durability. At least he's been helpful. Nothing real noteworthy except I did have to restart once because I got careless and let Serra die. Matthew did what he could and aside from that... nothing real noteworthy. I sold the Mine because I'm not going to use RNG-abusing here (to get the Vaida Spear for example). Hector went in for the bosskill in one shot.

Marcus just trivializes the game. lolOHKOing w/Iron Axe on Pegs.

Pros:

- Lowen for being semi-tanky

- Marcus for just being... Marcus

- Crazy Train

- Matthew for dirtying his hands

- C Support

Cons:

- Pansywood, but at least he'll get better over time.

- Hector did miss once.

- Wish Lowen could double. Eliwood too. =/

- lolRebecca and Bartre. At least Dorcas can do something, I guess.

The H4x Team

Hextor (6.95) - 24 HP | 10 Str | 4 Skl | 9 Spd | 5 Luck | 11 Def | 0 Res (C Pansywood)

ElWood (3.44) - 20 HP | 5 Str | 7 Skl | 7 Spd | 8 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res (C H4xter)

LEEROY JEIGAN Marcus (1.56) - Base

Rebecca (1.17) - Base

Lowen (3.43) - 24 HP | 8 Str | 6 Skl | 7 Spd | 3 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res

lolBartre - Base

Osw1n Osborne (10.49) - 29 HP | 11 Str | 9 Skl | 5 Spd | 3 Luck | 13 Def | 4 Res

That Guy (3.54) - 25 HP | 8 Str | 13 Skl | 13 Spd | 5 Luck | 6 Def | 1 Res

Dorkass (4.25) - Whocares

Serra (5.21) - 18 HP | 3 Mag | 5 Skl | 9 Spd | 8 Luck | 3 Def | 7 Res

Matthew t3h Uber (11.68) - 24 HP | 10 Str | 9 Skl | 19 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 3 Res

Edited by Colonel M

Chapter 13X - The Peddler Merlinus

Overview

Eugh, FoW. Well this chapter wasn't TOO difficult, but I did make a lot of minor errors (almost got Marcus and Serra killed, but both were pro and dodged an attack). Aside from that, the only challenge was making sure the enemy didn't kill me. Guy used up half of his Killing Edge, which I find a bit nail-biting. Aside from that I had to give credits to Hector, Lowen, Marcus (holding Merlinus for reasons to prevent him doubling), and of course Osborne for holding up the en-mass units. Guy and Matthew get some credit. Guy for at least picking off stuff here and there in the south, while Matthew being pro and giving me some sight. I really, REALLY wish Lowen and Eliwood weren't so mediocre but ah well. The good news is Lowen will get tankier, but as for Eliwood at least he'll have something? on C14. We'll see though...

Pros

- The usual crew. Marcus especially for getting the village and trivializing while holding Merlinus.

- Matthew for cool vision.

Cons

- Lowen and Eliwood I guess. Lowen wasn't too bad but Eliwood. <_<;

- Hector didn't get +1 Spd. :(

- Bartre for lulz. Rebecca too.

The Semi-H4X Team

Hector (7.38) - 25 HP | 10 Str | 5 Skl | 9 Spd | 5 Luck | 11 Def | 0 Res (C Eliwood)

Eliwood (4.11) - 21 HP | 5 Str | 7 Skl | 7 Spd | 9 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res (C Haxter)

Serra (5.69) - 18 HP | 3 Mag | 5 Skl | 9 Spd | 8 Luck | 3 Def | 7 Res

Matthew (12.23) - 25 HP | 10 Str | 9 Skl | 20 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 3 Res

Osborne (11.4) - 30 HP | 15 Str | 9 Skl | 5 Spd | 4 Luck | 14 Def | 4 Res

Guy (4.05) - 26 HP | 8 Str | 14 Skl | 14 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 1 Res

Lowen (4.48) - 25 HP | 8 Str | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 3 Luck | 7 Def | 1 Res

Marcus (1.86)

Rebecca (1.47)

Bartre (2.01)

Dorcas (4.63)

Chapter 14 - False Friends

Turn Count: 13

Overview

Another semi-easy chapter. The main challenges here are keeping the tent alive, arriving to Ms. Priscilla, and the Cavs being intimidating due to their Movement ranges. Recruiting Irk wasn't very hard as usual. Lowen went and fetched the Iron Blade. Oswin stayed back a little bit to ORKO the Armor Knight + Soldiers + the two Pegasi charging at the tent. Marcus fled south to try to recruit Priscilla. Meanwhile Hector, Eliwood, Guy, and Matthew kind of just went "okay" and chored up a few places. Marcus, as always, was being pro and killing many things in his path. Oswin later went west while Dorcas, lolBartre, and loliRebecca stayed behind and guarded the tent. Man do I love assigning scrub duties to scrubs. Nothing special really other than some good level-ups (finally) and Eliwood killing the baddy Erik. Let me tell you though: RAPIER MT SUCKS!

You know who's really a false friend atm? Eliwood. Reason? Get some damned +'s!

Pros:

- Osborne and Marcus. Props to Marcus making life easier by getting Priscy and getting +1 in almost everything but DEF! LEEROY JEIGANING has no detriments whatsoever.

- Eliwood, for being semi-cooperative with the RNG today.

- Irk, for raising my funds. Support Level increased (NOT)!

- Bartre and Rebecca. For actually having a use this time.

Cons:

- Hector missed a couple of times. No big deals though.

- Wish it didn't take so long to kill Eric, but Eliwood wasn't cooperating (as usual).

- Speaking of Eliwood, fuckaRapier.

The H4x Team

Hector (8.04) - 26 HP | 11 Str | 5 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 12 Def | 0 Res (C Eliwood)

Eliwood (6.76) - 22 HP | 6 Str | 8 Skl | 9 Spd | 10 Luck | 8 Def | 1 Res

Marcus (2.42) - 32 HP | 16 Str | 16 Skl | 12 Spd | 9 Luck | 10 Def | 9 Res

Lowen (5.41) - 26 HP | 9 Str | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 3 Luck | 8 Def | 1 Res

Osborne (11.68) - 30 HP | 15 Str | 9 Skl | 5 Spd | 4 Luck | 14 Def | 4 Res

FuckaGuy (4.59) - 26 HP | 8 Str | 14 Skl | 14 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 1 Res

Matthew (12.39) - 25 HP | 10 Str | 9 Skl | 20 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 3 Re

Erk (7.08) - 20+7 HP | 6 Mag | 9 Skl | 10 Spd | 4 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res

Serra (6.02) - 19 HP | 3 Mag | 6 Skl | 9 Spd | 9 Luck | 3 Def | 8 Res

Priscy (3.24)

Rebecca (2.50)

Bartre (2.56)

Dorcas (5.58)

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 15 - Talons Alight

Overview

Marcus went south, Osborne went north, and Guy + Erk handled the west. Everyone else went south with Marcus at a rather slow pace. Hector is doing pretty good taking little damage from a lot of the enemies on the field. Obviously Oswin is doing good. Marcus feels slight injuries, but nothing terrible. Also Guy, thanks for getting hit twice at 36% Hit displayed, I appreciate it. Nothing real interesting for this chapter to be honest. Matthew got the Lockpick, Silver Axe, and Mend. Of course, perhaps th best moment was this:

<Colonel_M> Oh wtf at this

<Colonel_M> Marcus can double Sealen

<Colonel_M> Since I proc'd Spd

<SevenDeadlySins> nice

<BBlade> COLONEL MARCUS

<BBlade> DEFENDER OF PHEARE

<Colonel_M> He could if he wielded Longbow

<Colonel_M> But I can double him anyway

<Colonel_M> Also fuck yeah Pheare me

<dondon151> i see what u did there

Marcus for Seth tier.

Pros

- The obvious duo

- Hector for quantity control

- Lowen for handling some of the south units.

- Matthew making me... er, richer!

Cons

- Guy needs his eyes checked.

The H4x Team

Hector (8.97) - 26 HP | 11 Str | 5 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 12 Def | 0 Res (C Eliwood)
Eliwood (7.61) - 23 HP | 6 Str | 9 Skl | 9 Spd | 10 Luck | 9 Def | 1 Res (C Hector)
Marcus (3.22) - 33 HP | 16 Str | 16 Skl | 12 Spd | 9 Luck | 10 Def | 10 Res
Lowen (6.55) - 27 HP | 9 Str | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 3 Luck | 8 Def | 1 Res
Oswin (12.18) - 31 HP | 15 Str | 9 Skl | 6 Spd | 4 Luck | 15 Def | 4 Res
Guy (6.33) - 27 HP | 8 Str | 16 Skl | 15 Spd | 7 Luck | 6 Def | 1 Res
Matthew (12.61) - 25 HP | 10 Str | 9 Skl | 20 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 3 Res
Erk (7.92) - 27 HP | 6 Mag | 9 Skl | 10 Spd | 4 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Priscilla (3.69) - 16 HP | 6 Mag | 6 Skl | 8 Spd | 7 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res

My thoughts:

- Hector is lookin solid. Needs some Skill, but not too bad. Lol @ Spd.

- Eliwood is not someone that I get lucky with, but at the moment he's looking kind of tanky. Let's hope he can boost his offense a little more.

- Marcus so far is impressive. Far and beyond the rest of the team. Personally want to see how far he can get through the game, though I'll likely drop him I'm afraid.

- Lowen is kind of scaring me. I'm going to try to boost him some levels in 16. Horseslayer could help.

- To be honest, Oswin is looking pretty good. If I do decide to find a use for him, it's likely denying him a Knight Crest and lugging him around with Sain + Lowen. The problem is once they promote.

- Guy is okay. Nothing special IMO, but not bad. He might be dropped once Raven appears.

- Angelic Robe should be okay on Erk. He's not looking too bad otherwise, definitely helpful thanks to Def - Res gap.

- Likely using Priscilla as a main healer. Come now.

Other thoughts:

- Sain and Florina are likely joining the force. Lyndis will contribute levels.

- Raven is going to be on this team... obviously.

- I'm torn if I want Heath, Fiora, or even both. Fiora X Florina support isn't that slow shockingly. Trying to use all three flying units might not be worth it though, so I'm putting Heath in because I promised to give him a serious look at how good / bad he does (I think he's underrated on the tier lit ATM).

- I might pick up Canas, but the only thing is the stupid Guiding Ring issue. Ugh. Then again Priscilla could just stay unpromoted for a while and still contribute positively.

- I'm going to try for Geitz and Harken. The former might be difficult.

So the planned team is looking like this:

- Hector

- Eliwood

- Erk

- Raven

- Lowen

- Sain

- Florina

- Heath

- Priscilla

- Canas

- Geitz

- Pent

- Harken

Likely used from time to time:

- Hawkeye

- Guy (until Raven arrives)

- Lyndis

- Louise

- Fiora (I might try to cram her on the actual team)

- Oswin

- Marcus

- Matthew

- Isadora (...MAYBE?)

Thoughts otherwise?

Edited by Colonel M

Chapter 16 - Noble Lady of Caelin

Turn Count: 17

Overview

To be honest I can't tell you if that turn count is good or bad. Probably bad. Ah well, I tried playing it a bit more cautiously because Lyndis's group can't handle much on their own and... neithe can Hector's side if your names aren't Oswin, Marcus, or Hector himself. Lowen and Eliwood weren't doing too bad though. Erk getting the Angelic Robe was a mixed blessing. Granted it helped his durability, but it did mean Florina wasn't doing so hot in this chapter (hello 2RKO if you wield Steel Sword, Iron Lance, possibly Javelin). Marcus... did awkward stuff. Kind of went towards Lyndis's group for ensurance and then kind of did stuff on his own. I tried to at least hold him back a lot, which wasn't terrible but it probably irked up my turn count a lot more. Oswin + Horseslayer on the Enemy Phase was a great way to weaken all those Cavs. In Lyndis land Wil actually did something useful by harming a Pegasi for Lyndis to feed on and Sain + Kent tried to handle big Mercenaries. They didn't do a whole lot, but at least they contributed somehow. Bought some Steel weapons (3 each) to hold me off for a little while. Merlinus died after that but... yeah, see when I care.

By the way, despite me keeping the Knight Crest in Lyn Mode I didn't get the White Gem, but instead got the Red Gem. Halp?

Pros

- Crazy Train and Leeroy

- Eliwood for RNG cooperation

- For second credits for Leeroy, being nice and letting the teammates get a little more CEXP

- Erk for doubling some of the Cavs. Very helpful.

Cons

- Merlinus died. I guess that's a con

- Turn count maybe

- Lowen's offense seems pretty bland to me at the moment. Ditto w/Eliwood, but I think he's near doubling stages. Hopefully they improves later on.

The Team That is Good

Hector (10.84) - 28 HP | 12 Str | 6 Skl | 10 Spd | 7 Luck | 13 Def | 1 Res (C Eliwood)
Eliwood (8.16) - 23 HP | 7 Str | 10 Skl | 10 Spd | 10 Luck | 10 Def | 1 Res (C Hector)
Marcus (3.60) - 33 HP | 16 Str | 16 Skl | 12 Spd | 9 Luck | 10 Def | 10 Res
Lowen (7.67) - 28 HP | 10 Str | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 4 Luck | 8 Def | 2 Res
Oswin (13.86) - 32 HP | 16 Str | 10 Skl | 6 Spd | 5 Luck | 16 Def | 4 Res
Erk (9.38) - 28 HP | 7 Mag | 10 Skl | 11 Spd | 5 Luck | 4 Def | 6 Res
Priscilla (4.83) - 17 HP | 7 Mag | 6 Skl | 9 Spd | 7 Luck | 3 Def | 7 Res
Matthew (12.61) - 25 HP | 10 Str | 9 Skl | 20 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 3 Res - MIA
Lyn (8.90) - 21 HP | 10 Str | 11 Skl | 12 Spd | 10 Luck | 2 Def | 1 Res
Sain (9.24) - 27 HP | 11 Str | 6 Skl | 11 Spd | 5 Luck | 8 Def | 3 Res
Florina (9.15) - 18 HP | 8 Str | 11 Skl | 14 Spd | 10 Luck | 5 Def | 7 Res

Edited by Colonel M

Chapter 17 - Whereabouts Unkown

Turn Count: 18, though I finished Bernard by 17.

Overview

Lots to talk about. Let me say that I could've cut down the turn count a little bit by:

- Just killing the Thief in the Chest room instead of rescuing Matthew

- Slightly better positioning of Priscilla to recruit Raven

The key is mainly charging forward, taking a step back from time to time. There are a LOT of Archers from what I've found, which makes using Florina slightly perilous. She can' get ORKOed by the Iron Bow ones at least, so that's good news. Steel Axe!Hector was good vs. Armor Knights. Of course Marcus is pretty much ORKOing the Armors anyway with Steel. Eliwood has been doing far better; his HP / Def figures are pretty good. It's only improving thanks to the B support with Hector now (+1 Atk, +2 Def, +10 Avoid). Lowen and Sain did contribute here and there, but I found Sain's more worthwhile since he was doing a better job at doubling. Crazy Training the south was Oswin's job, so Merlinus is unharmed. BAAAAHHHH!

Laus got really lucky with the RNG today. Marcus was attracting low-ass hit rates (under 50%) and practically getting hit by the vast majority of them. Seemed like they could hit almost anyone blindly. One time I had Lowen miss twice (80s) and the enemy Cav hit once (63ish%). Lowen and Marcus need glasses.

I kept the Caelin Soldiers rescued with Sain, Priscilla, and Florina. Another advantage to being a mounted healer: you're not facing combat anyway, so rescuing is a cool tactic to have. Perhaps another reason why Oswin could continue contributing to the team. He probably isn't going to last too long though, sadly. Raven didn't do a whole lot but recruit Lucius.

The few things that I probably regret was not resetting for the Silver Sword, but I felt that it wasn't worth wasting more time with it. Probably could've done this a little faster. Otherwise it was a very good run that net me some cool items (Unlock, Hammertime, Hero Crest, Knight Crest, and Red Gem).

Oh yeah, Bernard's description says that he is a Knight Commander of Bern, but his battle quote says that he is a Knight Commander of Laus. Was Bernard turning traitor? More news at 11.

Pros

- The dynamic duo. For being dynamic

- Sain and Lowen for being Cavs. Priscilla for mount + healing

- B Eliwood and Hector

- For the most part, everyone cooperating with the RNG except...

Cons

- Lowen. He doesn't want to become good for some reason :(

- No Silver Sword

- Pheare needing glasses

The Team

Hector (12.52) - 30 HP | 13 Str | 8 Skl | 11 Spd | 7 Luck | 14 Def | 3 Res (B Eliwood)
Eliwood (11.03) - 26 HP | 7 Str | 13 Skl | 12 Spd | 11 Luck | 10 Def | 3 Res (B Hector)
Marcus (4.01) - 33 HP | 16 Str | 16 Skl | 12 Spd | 10 Luck | 10 Def | 10 Res
Lowen (9.17) - 29 HP | 11 Str | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 8 Def | 3 Res
Oswin (15.03) - 33 HP | 17 Str | 10 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 18 Def | 5 Res
Erk (9.92) - 28 HP | 7 Mag | 10 Skl | 11 Spd | 5 Luck | 4 Def | 6 Res
Priscilla (6.08) - 18 HP | 7 Mag | 7 Skl | 9 Spd | 8 Luck | 3 Def | 8 Res
Matthew (13.69) - 26 HP | 11 Str | 9 Skl | 20 Spd | 7 Luck | 7 Def | 4 Res
Sain (10.33) - 28 HP | 11 Str | 6 Skl | 11 Spd | 6 Luck | 9 Def | 3 Res
Florina (9.89) - 18 HP | 8 Str | 11 Skl | 14 Spd | 10 Luck | 5 Def | 7 Res
Raven (5.40) - 29 HP | 10 Str | 13 Skl | 14 Spd | 2 Luck | 5 Def | 2 Res

Edited by Colonel M

I'm going to try to fly through this game as fast as possible, since I have to send it back to my cousin. Good news is I found another Fire Emblem 7 the other day. Anyway, let's start the fireworks of yelling.

Chapter 17X: The Port of Badon

Turn Count: 20

Overview

I took the lords, Priscilla, Oswin, and Raven with me. Merlinus joined so he could get his free level. Allow me to say that playing this chapter defensively is the best strategy. Allow me to overview:

- Swordslayer

- Halberd

These two come charging at you very early. These guys are pretty tough too (high Str, about 35 HP). Unfortunately I didn't record the stats, but I'm afraid that me having to rush this playthrough will disallow it, so I apologize. The Iron Axe Pirates are a nuisance to deal with. North you have the Iron Axe + Hand Axe. Lyndis is very scary on this chapter because she faced... about 36% displayed against the Iron ones while being 2RKOed. Oswin and, here comes, Eliwood were probably the best of the bunch here for defending. After Damian charged at me (so the Swordslayer guy was axed), Oswin decided to miss one of his two hits (can you believe Oswin DOUBLES DAMIAN!?!). The Halberd guy wasn't too hard with Eliwood staying there, also facing the rest of the pirates. Hector w/Hand Axe, Canas w/Flux (unnecessary tbh), and Lyn w/Manicotti finished off Damain.

After the pirates that were near the starting point were cleared, it was time to head north, then west, then south. After countless failures at trying to charge at the Pirates that are in the middle, I tried to do it defensively from the west. It's a hell of a lot easier, though I admit I did slip up, but luckily pro Canas dodged the Killer Bow (but he didn't dodge the Hammer). Anyway, draw the Elfire Mage first. Canas should do this well enough, though it will take two rounds (Enemy Phase + Player Phase) to take him down. Now notice the bushes here. Someone who can likely dodge the Hammer + Killer Bow should go here. Eliwood was probably the better to do this. Of course if both hits connected I'd be in trouble. So now all we have left is the Nosferatu guy, the dude wih a Killer Axe, and the Devil Axe. Nosferatu dude can be lured to attack where the village with Sleep is. Oswin or Canas can take him on. The Devil Axe guy should just be a Sword guy who can survive a hit, so Eliwood or Raven. Now all that's left is the Killer Axe Pirate. This dude already gave me nightmares since the other times I've tried to Leeroy the Pirates he critkilled Raven and Marcus (yeah, MARCUS!). So playing it safe I let Hector take the blow. No crit though.

So overall I got all the items in the villages. Bought a Mend Staff, couple Thunders, and a spare Heal just incase. I think staff-wise I'm solid for a while.

Pros

- Oswin was probably the better of units on the field, shockingly.

- Eliwood really showed that he was competent and cooperated fully. Hell he even got a decent level-up.

- Priscilla for playing "I ride a pony" and helping to heal the weakened party.

- Canas for powerful 2 range combat (accurate too, may I add) and giving me free 4000 gold.

- Raven for being overall solid, but hopefully you won't attract too many crits please.

- Merlinus. Thankfully you live in a tent.

- Gamestop for having Fire Emblem 7.

Cons

- Lyn, at times you were cooperative, but man your durability is more trash than Yogurt's stats.

- You dastard Pirates. Level 17s, I hate you with a bloody passion. Thanks for the good CEXP gain though.

- My funds rank is low. -$20.

The Teammates that participated

Hector (13.24) - 31 HP | 13 Str | 9 Skl | 11 Spd | 8 Luck | 14 Def | 3 Res (B Eliwood)
Eliwood (12.64) - 27 HP | 8 Str | 13 Skl | 13 Spd | 11 Luck | 10 Def | 4 Res (B Hector)
Ozzy (15.83) - 33 HP | 17 Str | 10 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 18 Def | 5 Res
Lyn (10.59) - 22 HP | 11 Str | 13 Skl | 14 Spd | 11 Luck | 2 Def | 1 Res
Raven (8.22) - 32 HP | 12 Str | 15 Skl | 15 Spd | 4 Luck | 6 Def | 2 Res
Priscilla (6.64) - 18 HP | 7 Mag | 7 Skl | 9 Spd | 8 Luck | 3 Def | 8 Res

Edited by Colonel M

Chapter 18 - Pirate Ship

Overview

*Sigh*. Lowen, you're killing me. Anyway, Marcus + Oswin blocked the Mercenary brigade while getting healed by Priscilla. Hector, Eliwood, and Raven killed Pegs when they could. Lowen and Hector tried 2 ranging from time to time just to stay stable. Oswin seemed to ORKO Shamans or come very damn close w/Javelin, so that helped a lot. Matthew got me my hax items: Elysian Whip and Guiding Ring. Guide me to the path of glory, ring!

Otherwise, nothing really to note. Unless your name was Marcus or Oswin and possibly Priscilla, you were probably underwhelming at times. Hector just falls to WTD too much, Eliwood is kind of "eh" with durability, Lowen is getting screwed which sucks, and though Raven is pretty solid he just... uh... eh, he'll get better over time. Still fairly solid. I did notice CEXP are going down at the moment, so I'm trying to play careful when distributing the CEXP next chapter. Wait, FoW you say? FFFFFFFF-

I killed the boss with Matthew + Marcus. Hector's line is the best:

"Yeah, those seadogs were no match for us!"

Are you fucking kidding me? More like "unless your name was Oswin and Marcus, they were pretty good matches for you". Oh yeah... where are the pirates? Seriously, a pirate ship with no pirates other than your side. :/

Pros

- Usual crew

- Matthew for mah promotional items

Cons

- Lowen, quit RNG-screwing yourself

- Hector, don't try to underestimate the enemy. Yet.

Team

Hector (14.11) - 32 HP | 13 Str | 9 Skl | 12 Spd | 8 Luck | 14 Def | 4 Res (B Eliwood)
Eliwood (13.02) - 28 HP | 8 Str | 14 Skl | 14 Spd | 12 Luck | 10 Def | 5 Res (B Hector)
Raven (9.09) - 33 P | 12 Str | 15 Skl | 15 Spd | 4 Luck | 6 Def | 2 Res
Priscilla (7.68) - 19 HP | 8 Mag | 8 Skl | 9 Spd | 9 Luck | 3 Def | 9 Res
Lowen (10.65) - 30 HP | 11 Str | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 8 Def | 3 Res
Matthew (14.82) - 26 HP | 11 Str | 9 Skl | 20 Spd | 8 Luck | 7 Def | 4 Res
Oswin (17.40) - 34 HP | 17 Str | 11 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 19 Def | 5 Res
Marcus (5.32) - 33 HP | 17 Str | 17 Skl | 12 Spd | 10 Luck | 10 Def | 10 Res

Edited by Colonel M

Shame about Lowen, he's fairly iffy but can become great if RNG blessed.

In my first playthrough 10/5 (*sigh* yes I know, I'm growing out of the habit) Lowen charged through hordes of enemies, was hit by a longranged spell and finally brought down in an epic charge to bring Nino to Jaffar. It worked XD