Drivers Mini Mafia game topic

Jaybee

Basically, this is a mafia game for 10 - players, 7 town, 3 mafia. Every night, each player will send me the name of one player, and using the supreme power of the RNG I will end up swapping people around (a la mindfuck style). Basically, you'll be shooting in the dark every single time. I'll reveal more details when the game ends, so don't worry.

Rules:

1. BE ACTIVE OR DIE. If you don't post at least once every 48 hours, I will sub you out unless you have a good reason to be away.

2. PMs are allowed. Claiming is allowed, since I might add in additional roles (cop, etc.) along with the driver roles. Invite me to all convos. No communicating outside of PMs (aka, IP chat, MSN, etc.) If I find out, you will immediately be modkilled.

3. You are allowed a "fuck you" post once you die. After that, I will shoot your dead body once again.

4. Talking at night is allowed.

5. No post editing whatsoever.

Night Phases are 48 hours long, Day phases last 72 hours unless someone gets the majority of votes for more than 6 hours. Extensions are allowed.

Signups:

IET: Stalker-cum-Driver, died Night 3

Ether: Vanilla Driver, modkilled Night 4

Psychout50: Doctor-cum-Driver, died Night 1

WoMC: Vanilla Driver, modkilled Night 4

Core: Vanilla Driver, died Night 1

Levity: Vanilla Driver, modkilled Day 3

Snike: Mafioso-cum-Driver, SOLE SURVIVOR

Lightning: Vigilante-cum-Driver, died Night 2

Keltik: Hooker-cum-Driver, modkilled Day 2

Slayer X: Vanilla Driver, died Night 4

10/10

As for clarification on how the swapping works, here it is.

[spoiler=This is hueg]All 10 players send in a name to swap with.

RNG does its shit, compiles all 10 names into a list.

I start swapping the names around, kind of like how Tables did in one of the Survivor challenges. So, for example...

Ether chooses JB25

JB25 chooses IET

IET chooses Ether

Bal chooses WoMC

WoMC chooses IET

Imagine Ether = P1, Me = P2, IET = P3, Bal = P4, WoMC = P5

el8g85.jpg

RNG SHIT TIME

JB25 chooses IET

IET chooses Ether

Ether chooses JB25

WoMC chooses IET

Bal chooses WoMC

P2 (me) swaps with P3 (IET)

2zhkr3q.png

P2 (me) swaps with P1 (Ether)

iclkxt.png

P2 (me) swaps with P3 (IET)

35iuio8.png

P5 (WoMC) swaps with P1 (Ether)

259d56u.png

P4 (Bal) swaps with P5 (WoMC)

316svg6.png

Anything which would happen to P1 happens to P3.

Anything which would happen to P2 happens to P2.

Anything which would happen to P3 happens to P5.

Anything which would happen to P4 happens to P1.

Anything which would happen to P5 happens to P4.

Let the mindfuck begin~

Oh, and I'm looking for replacements as well.

Edited by JB25

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should put the description of swapping + pictures into a spoiler tag. They're huge.

I'm wondering if it's advantageous to announce who we're swapping with. I presume that everyone can swap regardless of other powers (I know I can)? I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea though, since it gives the mafia a better idea of what to do, and forcing them to fire blindly is probably more useful to us than knowing what we're doing.

Oh, forgot to mention 2 things.

1: Any other night effects will happen after people get swapped.

2: Tell me what you're doing in your own role PM. I'm not going through all the PMs you send out about the game to find out who you're shoving into your carriage that night.

All night actions are in.

Core the Vanilla Driver and Psychout50 the Doctor-cum-Driver were found dead last night. Now it's time for you guys to decide who gets killed. As a bonus, the person who casts the hammer vote tells me how the victim gets killed :awesome:

You guys are allowed to NL.

Day 1

72 Hours. Gogogo.

Edited by JB25

Two deaths? We have a trigger happy Vigilante, it seems. Worst case scenario is that we mislynch today and the mafia kills a town member, and we lose on day 2. I'm not sure if we should risk that. It would be safer to no lynch today and hope for a mafia kill to get redirected to themselves, I think.

Actually... quick rulecheck: If a mafia kill gets directed back onto a mafia member, does the kill go through?

Two deaths? We have a trigger happy Vigilante, it seems. Worst case scenario is that we mislynch today and the mafia kills a town member, and we lose on day 2. I'm not sure if we should risk that. It would be safer to no lynch today and hope for a mafia kill to get redirected to themselves, I think.

Actually... quick rulecheck: If a mafia kill gets directed back onto a mafia member, does the kill go through?

Mafia cannot target mafia for a nightkill, but if a mafia member shoots mafia after RNG crap, it will go through. Think of it as friendly fire.

Thats not always bad :awesome:

Of course luck has to be on your side too.

Hm, I'm not sure if we should bother with switches. All it tells us is who the mafia targetted, which means... one clear, BUT the mafia can easily lie about who they switched with anyway and... actually, would they get away with it? I don't think they'd be that easy to catch out.

Anyway, based on my above assumption, I think we should really NL today, and the Vig SHOULD NOT SHOOT. Or... hm, let me consider the options...

3/8 people are mafia

If we lynch incorrectly assuming entirely random lynching (5/8):

Now 3/7 mafia.

Mafia has a 3/7th chance of shooting themselves (assuming where the kill goes is entirely random)

If they do, the Vig can misshoot and we survive. Chance: 15/48, 3/7 if we mislynch

The mafia has a 4/7 chance of shooting a town member. In which case, the Vig MUST shoot a mafioso, with a 3/7 chance.

Chance: 36/392, 12/49 if we mislynch

So if we mislynch, the Vigilante should shoot, and we have a 33/49 chance of surviving to the next day - about 2/3rds. Actually, that's not terrible odds. If we do lynch correctly, obviously, we survive to the next day (the vigilante can shoot and the mafia hit town members, and we're at 2/5)

If we no lynch:

Mafia has a 5/8th chance of hitting town. If they do, the Vigilante also has a 5/8th chance of hitting town, for a cumulative 25/64 chance of losing by day 2 - about a 40% chance. If the Vig doesn't shoot, then we definitely survive.

Hmm... no lynch and no vig shoot is the safest option, but also only gets up to one scum. Lynching has a 309/384 chance of our survival, if the vigilante shoots. Those aren't bad odds. I'd say we should definitely lynch considering we have an 80% chance of lasting to tomorrow (and therefore getting at least one mafioso).

Er, and I might have already mentioned, but I'll be away for 5 days, starting tomorrow... I can send in night actions in advance, or you can let the day/night be a little extended, since I'd barely miss a night phase by the look of it. Or you can replace me, any works

No point in trying to create a visage of some extraordinary powers. I'm not all that good at it anyway, tends to blow up in my face whenever I try.

Pressure votes ask for information, and I gave what information I had to give.