Round 17 SF Splicing Competition Voting

AstraLunaSol

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Splice is the best?

Not an Est~

It's supposed to be reminiscent of Estelle from Tales of Vesperia, in the color scheme and hair, at least.

That hair. . .that thing on her head. . .even the names. . .EST, WHY DO YOU DO THIS?!

Astelaine. Hers is smooth and has a pretty cool palette. YOU ALWAYS HAVE AWESOME PALETTES!

Thanks! :D I actually stole all the colors for this mug from existing portraits. The hair color is Garcia's, the skin is Garret's, the shirt is Eleonora's wrap, and the armor is right from Lyon.

As for the voting, I really love Amelia's. Uncluttered and perfect, with nice colors. If she was in a hack, I'd use her! I also really like Florina's, but there are a few errors in shading and line thickness on the collar/hairline/bottom of the main hair that keep it from first place. A little fixing and it will look even better. Lumi's is cool too - I love the flower and the feathers - but watch out for overuse of the border color on light-colored clothing, because it makes the lines too obstrusive and heavy. I also can't tell if the flower is supposed to be coming out of the vest, or pinned on the lapel.

The horn on Acey's is too big for my tastes, but it certainly gets props for being epic!

I commend all of you for making use of Lyon, too. I agree with Astra now, he's a pain in the ass. D:

I so told you, in that PM.

Voted Astel, black Thunder Mage is a new concept.

I was wrong, you were right! laugh.gif

Also, Fire Emblem seriously needs more colored people. We need more non-Caucasian skin tones to mess with.

Edited by Astelaine

I also really like Florina's, but there are a few errors in shading and line thickness on the collar/hairline/bottom of the main hair that keep it from first place. A little fixing and it will look even better.

:awesome: Yeah it was kind of a rush job actually and i may just go back and tinker with that!

Also 4 votes? Thats my record! :D

• 1 year later...

Arch, why?

This topic is two years old. :o

No reason to keep the thread open since it is was long dead and is now irrelevant.