[FE11] SOYO-Reclass Draft!

XiSrOn

Thanks to whoever posted the base FE11 rules in the Drafting Tournies Explained topic as I used those as a basis for mine.

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 5 players.

2. Marth, Julian and Nagi are free for all to use.

3. The game will be played on Normal.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, and shop.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.

3. Gaiden and prologue chapters do not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.

4. You are free to reclass undrafted units to whatever you want.

5. Marth may not Seize the throne in Chapter 18 before Turn 5. (Apparently it is only possible to make 4-turns in the PAL version of the game.)

6. All Gaidens are mandatory. That includes 24x, so effectively Gotoh is banned.

Other:

1. Wi-Fi Shop and Warp staff are strictly prohibited.

2. You may not use loaner units.

3. Forges are only allowed of Iron weapons and the Fire tome and to +/- 3 MT and WT, +/-15 Hit and +/-9 Crit. Please indicate when and how much you forge a weapon (Ex. Forged a lance for Vyland called Awful with +3 MT and -3 WT).

4. Aum Staff is legal for the Falchion trick if you wish to use it.

5. If you cannot reclass to your given class because that spot is not being taken by an undrafted or generic unit, you must reclass the undrafted or generic unit to something else to allow your drafted unit to use that class (so you can't weasel your way out of having a dark mage).

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

2. Using a unit in a class other than its given class (after reclassing is available for that unit) has a 42 turn penalty (as in, don't do it).

Twist:

1. Drafting will go about as normal, except you will also make an additional second pick with each drafting. With this second pick, You will pick the class of the another drafter's unit*. Each drafter may only be given one of each class (until they have one of each, then you may begin giving a second of each - keep in mind, you cannot make a unit that joins before Etzel into a second dark mage/sorceror - to rephrase that sentiment - Etzel, Lorenz and Ymir are the only allowed second Sorcerors).

*The order for reclass picks is 23451 and then 43215 on the other direction. The drafting is the usual snake style of 1234554321.

To this end I am considering Class A Male and Females to have the same set. At Clipseykitty's suggestion, you may have 2 Cavaliers/Pegasi - one that promotes to Draco and one that promotes to Paladin.

So to be more specific each player may have at most one of each of:

Class A / Female

Cavalier/Pegasus -> Paladin

Pegasus/Cavalier -> Draco

Archer -> Sniper

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster

Mage -> Sage

Cleric/Curate -> Bishop

Class B

Knight -> General

Mercenary -> Hero

Fighter -> Warrior

Pirate -> Berserker

Hunter -> Horseman

Dark Mage -> Sorceror

If someone has one of each of a class-set you may begin anew on that set.

Ballisticians, Thiefs, Manaketes and Marth are obviously not reclassed.

Ex.

P1 picks Wrys

P2 makes Wrys a cavalier and picks Tomas

P3 makes Tomas a mage and picks Sedgar

P4 makes Sedgar a Sorceror and picks Caeda

P5 makes Caeda a curate and picks Barst

P1 makes Barst a Dark Mage

P5 picks Ogma

P4 makes Ogma a Hunter and picks Vyland

The important thing to notice here is that on the turn (when P1 or P5 would have 2 picks) you may only pick one at a time and have that unit reclassed before picking another (if you're picking a unit that isn't reclassed as one of the two, feel free to do both concurrently). This is to your benefit as it allows you to respond to the chosen class.

Teams:

1. XiSrOn -

2. CR-S01 -

3. Clipseykitty

4. Vicious Sal

5. Hellioning

I'll be shuffling the players once 5 people join.

Draft Order

So the draft order will be:

1. XiSrOn - Frey, Draug, Sedgar, Caesar, Gordin, Horace, Dolph, Boah, Midia, Rickard, Linde

2. Vicious Sal/13thShadow - Abel, Navarre, Wolf, Jagen, Roshea, Maria, Etzel, Elice, Ymir, Lorenz, Arran

3. Clipseykitty - Merric, Cord, Athena, Radd, Tomas, Palla, Astram, Jake, Matthis, Beck, Samson

4. Hellioning - Cain, Ogma, Bord, Castor, Lena, Roger, Vyland, Darros, Est, Bantu

5. CR-S01 Barst, Caeda, Wendell, Hardin, Norne, Catria, Minerva, Xane, Macellan, Wrys, Tiki

[spoiler=Units Remaining]

None

[spoiler=XiSrOn's Team]

Class A / Female

Cavalier/Pegasus -> Paladin - Boah

Archer -> Sniper - Frey

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster

Mage -> Sage - Midia

Cleric/Curate -> Bishop - Gordin

Class B

Knight -> General - Caesar

Mercenary -> Hero - Dolph

Fighter -> Warrior

Pirate -> Berserker - Horace

Hunter -> Horseman - Sedgar

Dark Mage -> Sorceror - Draug

Rickard

[spoiler=Vicious Sal's Team]

Class A / Female

Cavalier/Pegasus -> Paladin - Jagen

Pegasus/Cavalier -> Draco - Roshea

Archer -> Sniper - Navarre

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster - Maria and Arran

Mage -> Sage - Abel

Cleric/Curate -> Bishop - Elice

Class B

Knight -> General

Mercenary -> Hero - Etzel

Fighter -> Warrior - Lorenz

Pirate -> Berserker - Ymir

Hunter -> Horseman

Dark Mage -> Sorceror - Wolf

[spoiler=Clipseykitty's Team]

Class A / Female

Cavalier/Pegasus -> Paladin - Radd

Pegasus/Cavalier -> Draco - Palla

Archer -> Sniper - Matthis

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster - Merric

Mage -> Sage - Tomas

Cleric/Curate -> Bishop - Athena

Class B

Knight -> General - Cord

Mercenary -> Hero

Fighter -> Warrior

Pirate -> Berserker - Samson

Hunter -> Horseman -

Dark Mage -> Sorceror - Astram

Jake

Beck

[spoiler=Hellioning's Team]

Class A / Female

Cavalier/Pegasus -> Paladin

Archer -> Sniper - Lena

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster - Est

Mage -> Sage - Vyland

Cleric/Curate -> Bishop - Cain

Class B

Knight -> General - Bord

Mercenary -> Hero

Fighter -> Warrior - Roger

Pirate -> Berserker - Castor

Hunter -> Horseman - Darros

Dark Mage -> Sorceror - Ogma

Bantu

[spoiler=CR-S01's Team]

Class A / Female

Cavalier/Pegasus -> Paladin - Catria

Pegasus/Cavalier -> Draco - Minerva

Archer -> Sniper - Norne

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster - Wendell

Mage -> Sage - Hardin

Cleric/Curate -> Bishop - Caeda

Class B

Knight -> General - Barst

Mercenary -> Hero

Fighter -> Warrior

Pirate -> Berserker

Hunter -> Horseman - Macellan

Dark Mage -> Sorceror

Xane

Tiki

Edited by XiSrOn

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me!

*The order for reclass picks is 23451 and then 43215 on the other direction. The drafting is the usual snake style of 1234554321.

Are you reclassing for yourself or for someone else?

Edited by CR-S01

If Draco/Pally are one and the same for draft purposes, can you reclass between them?

That's actually something I hadn't thought about. I'm going to go with no at first though, unless someone convinces me otherwise. Feel free to weigh in on this and forges.

This is what I'm thinking about forges atm:

3. I'm currently undecided on forges, I'm between forbidding them entirely or allowing them but capping it at only weapons that can be bought from the Armory (Iron Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow and Fire) and to +/- 3 MT and WT, +/-15 Hit and +/-9 Crit (or possibly even less, ideas?)

As for the draft order:

1. XiSrOn -

2. CR-S01 -

3. Clipseykitty

4. Vicious Sal

5. Hellioning

I'm going to use random.org to random 1-100 5 times and assign them in descending order. Then highest number -> lowest number is the order.

The random.org gods decree that:

1. 74

2. 2

3. 34

4. 59

5. 20

So the draft order will be:

Me, Vicious Sal, Clipsey, Hellioning, CR-S01

I'm going to wait until I get some opinions on the Draco/Pally and forges issues before making my pick.

Edited by XiSrOn

Well if the answer is no, perhaps choosing the promotion of cavaliers and pegasus knights would be a good idea.

Edited by Darros

Well if the answer is no, perhaps choosing the promotion of cavaliers and pegasus knights would be a good idea.

I was thinking to just leave it as Draco for Female and Pally for Male initially. Once again, more opinions, if opinions lean heavily one way I'll go with that.

I suggest separating Draco/Pally if possible, because they serve different purposes.

So you think we should allow for the Reclassing draft pick to choose the Cavalier/Pegasus's promotion? Or are you proposing allowing Cavaliers and Pegasus knights be separated in their class-set? It would be almost impossibly to get a Pegasus knight if Female and Class A weren't combined and if Cavalier and Pegasus Knight were separated, but left in the same category, it would make lower-pick females forced into being pegasus knights in most cases.

Hmmm. . .

Best way to do this would be to let two class A people go Cav/Pegasus, then choose the Draco/Pally split.

Like this:

Cav/Peg -> Draco

Cav/Peg -> Pally

EDIT: Clarity

Edited by Clipseykitty

Hmmm. . .

Best way to do this would be to let two class A people go Cav/Pegasus, then choose the Draco/Pally split.

Like this:

Cav/Peg -> Draco

Cav/Peg -> Pally

EDIT: Clarity

I like this idea, I'm going to go with this as it seems like without this Class B Males would be too strong.

Now the issue of forges. Disallow or allow in a weakened form?

I wouldn't worry about it, too much, but I personally would suggest separating them and forcing Peg Knights to promote into Dracoknights and Cavaliers into Paladins. Everyone gets 11 draftees. Moreover, there are 30 Male Set A/Female characters from which to choose (so everyone will receive, on average, 6). This means that it's very unlikely that there will be more than one "forced" class (and the sixth pick in either category will always be forced, anyway.)

But it's up to everyone in the draft, that's just my opinion.

I'd allow weakened forges of Iron weapons only, just because Norne the Myrmidon really sucks (I'd probably give her a -3 weight Iron Sword, just so that she can carry it at base without taking AS loss).

Alright, so forges are allowed on Iron weapons and the Fire tome only and at most +/-3 MT, 3 WT, 9 Crit and 15 Hit.

To begin the drafting, my first pick is Frey.

To reiterate how drafting will go the drafting order is:

The person you're reclassing for is the one whose pick is vertically above yours in this list:

12345 54321

23451 43215

and

1. XiSrOn

2. Vicious Sal

3. Clipseykitty

4. Hellioning

5. CR-S01

So Vicious Sal is up with Frey's reclass and his first pick.

Okay, so it looks like Vicious Sal has gone AWOL. Anyone want to replace him?

EDIT: I guess strictly this is a doublepost, but there's more than a day between posts so....

Edited by XiSrOn

Thanks 13thshadow for filling in for me. Maybe you did not know, I'm in new zealand, wwoofing on a lot of farms, where I do not have Internet all the time. ;) so that's why I've been mostly offline for the last couple of days. Anyway. if it takes to long for me to get tings done, someone else just name my pick. I mean, If you pick a good character, you get a bad class, and if you pick Paladin or draco or w/e, you get wrys for that class. So yeah... We're screwed anyway. If it's taking to long, let someone fill in for my picks. ;) I will still be playing, since My DS is everywhere, Internet just isn't. =/