Rate the Unit, Day 13: Boowy

Peppy

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody has already given good reason for a score +/- half a point from yours, you can decide not to explain your score, but I always encourage personal reasoning. Incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Weapon" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Clerbe: 3.91

Robin: 4.45

Cellica: 6.06

May: 6.15

Fols: 6.78

Grey: 6.85

Clea: 7.58

Ruka: 7.89

Cliff: 8.31

Silk: 8.47

Paison: 8.60

Alm: 9.59

Edited by Folgore Purple

He gets great offensive and defensive capabilities. His low Speed and Skill suffers him in the long run. Shouldn't use anything beyond Fire/Thunder/Heal. As May stated...

"That Bowy's just a kid who can't use anything but fire magic.

As for me, Lady Cellica, I can use thunder magic as well. Please count on me, 'kay?."

Take her word for it! Don't get him to use beyond Fire/Thunder until he gets enough Skill.

4.5/10

Edited by アイネ

Well, from what I learned during my playthroughs is that when you have something important to be done, don't use Boey. He has no speed, no instant thunder magic, horrible growths. But he learns excalibur: at level 18... He has high HP and defense, though, so he can take a hit and he will not suffer too much from the HP drains thanks to spells, plus his availability is good. His strength is also pretty good, but he has nothing to back that up, unfortunately.

He's useful for the first few battles, but I usually drop him very quickly after that. I suggest you just use May over him, who has worse durability but all other important stats are better, plus she learns better spells at better levels.

4/10

Alright, while I can't deny that Boey is not a very good Mage I somehow still like him for his tankiness. He does have terrible speed and poor skill and only learns a really good spell at level 18 but his other stats are fine and the Sage class and its regeneration suit him well. One cannot escape his low speed and poor choice of spells but I still found some good use for him after promotion.

4.7/10 + 0.8 bias = 5.5/10, a high-defence, regenerating, self-sufficient Sage is still fairly useful, despite poor speed, skill and choice of spells.

Edited by Byte2222

He doesn't start out all that hot (though he's bearable if you spend a lionhead bonus or two on him), and by the time he starts becoming sturdy his 4 movement prevents him from doing anything useful. Assuming the peggies and demon fighters have not annihilated the entire map by the time he reaches an enemy, I suppose he is servicable, but all in all he's really just not worth the trouble. 3.5/10

Well, from what I learned during my playthroughs is that when you have something important to be done, don't use Boey. He has no speed, no instant thunder magic, horrible growths. But he learns excalibur: at level 18... He has high HP and defense, though, so he can take a hit and he will not suffer too much from the HP drains thanks to spells, plus his availability is good. His strength is also pretty good, but he has nothing to back that up, unfortunately.

He's useful for the first few battles, but I usually drop him very quickly after that. I suggest you just use May over him, who has worse durability but all other important stats are better, plus she learns better spells at better levels.

4/10

4/10 sounds about right