Lets Make a Class Tier List! (Spoilers in today's Poll!Apotheosis+Endgame)

Saint

When you hear these classes, what do you think?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Grandmaster

• The best of the best!
    • the best of the pretty good classes!
    • Pretty good
    • i wouldnt count on it to get the job done...
    • Never to be used!
  2. 2. [SPOILER] Grima(Final Boss)

• The best of the best! (And toughest of the tough...)
    • Pretty hard to beat
    • i wouldnt count on it to get the job done... (If I had it)
    • Never to be used! I mopped the floor with him, easy!
  3. 3. Soldier

• The best of the best!
    • Pretty good
    • Never to be used!
  4. 4. [SPOILER]Merchant (Apotheosis)

• The strongest one's name!
    • the best of the pretty good bosses!
    • Not too tough, not too weak...
    • Disappointing to fight!
    • So weak, she's not worth the fight!
  5. 5. Merchant (Not Apotheosis)

• The best of the best!
    • Pretty good
    • Never to be used!

I was thinking of starting a tier list for classes quite some time ago, but there would be so much debating it just occurred to me, "How can I find a way everyone will be *sorta* fine with this and contribute themselves?" Then I was all like, "Oh Em Gee! A poll!" So... Yeah.

I'll put up 3-5 new classes per day (and try to mix level 1 classes with level 2 classes) for people to vote on the tiers they are in. Most popular vote will be recorded in this OP. I will try to update the polls each day at... one point (sorry, i just cant do a set time haha...)When voting, please note the votes are assumed to be on hard mode, skillset in classes should be included when making your vote decision, and the votes should be made in comparison to other classes (For example, vote tactician higher if you think it is a really good level one class rather than the others, although most level 2 classes are better. Each level of classes will have their own tier list. Feel free to discuss your choice (no fighting!) if you wish.

Also, this is a thread in which we collaborate on making the list, please do not post lists of your own.

Thanks!

Also, if you want, you can request what classes to be voted on next.

Here we go!

Level 1 Classes:

Godly Tier-

Pretty Good Tier-

Tactician

Lord

Dark Mage

Cavalier

Myrmidon

Mercenary

Mage

Pegasus Knight

Berserker

So-so Tier-

Wyvern Rider

Thief

Not so good tier-

Knight

Cleric/Priest

Troubadour

Fighter

Icky Tier-

Archer

Level 2/Unleveled

Godly Tier-

Sorcerer

Hero

Dark Flier

Manakete

Pretty Good Tier-

War Cleric/monk

Great Lord

Great Knight

Paladin

Swordmaster

Sage

Dark Knight

Valkyrie

Falcon Knight

Griffon Rider

So-so Tier

Trickster

Assassin

Warrior

Dancer

Wyvern Lord

Not so good Tier

Bow Knight

Taguel

Icky Tier

Sniper

Villager

Edited by Saint

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Sorcerers are banned from the main tier list. Because they will tear them apart with the OP tomes.

High Tier

Hero

Paladin

Grandmaster

Sage

Great Lord

Manakete

Mid-High Tier

Dark Flier

Berserker

Assassin

Wyvern Lord

Great Knight

General

Mid Tier

Valkyrie

Swordmaster

Dark Knight

Warrior

War Monk/Cleric

Falcon Knight

Mid-Low Tier

Bow Knight

Taguel

Griffon Rider

Low Tier

Sniper

Trickster

Banhammer Tier

Sorcerer

Edited by Noire

As long as Sorcerers are banned from the main tier list. Because they will tear them apart with the OP tomes.

High Tier

Hero

Paladin

Grandmaster

Sage

Great Lord

Manakete

Mid-High Tier

Dark Flier

Berserker

Assassin

Wyvern Lord

Great Knight

General

Mid Tier

Valkyrie

Swordmaster

Dark Knight

Warrior

War Monk/Cleric

Falcon Knight

Mid-Low Tier

Bow Knight

Taguel

Griffon Rider

Low Tier

Sniper

Trickster

Banhammer Tier

Sorcerer

I plan to add Sorcs, each class should be tiered.

Also, although the your addition is nice, this thread was made so everyone can contribute to make one tier list that is (mostly) agreed upon by all, so please just vote and comment on why you voted for that tier.

Well, I only focused on the 2nd class tiers(and the poll won't allow me to do so) so...

Tactician - Pretty good. Gives Veteran, a skill that really helps on grinding.

Lord - Pretty good.

Cleric - So-so. I don't really like leveling healers(sure there's Rescue abuse but still).

Great Lord - Pretty good. Aether and RK is nice skills to have.

War Cleric - IMO they're pretty good, they're like pseudo-Grandmasters, only lack Ignis.

Why would we ban Sorcerers? I mean doing so would be weird since everyone (except you) seems to use them.

Also Manakete and Dark Flier above Great Lord at least.

tbh I only use one Sorc(Tharja) and that's it. Even with that I believe 99% Sorcs will get the highest place on every tier so I thought of banning them. But if don't, it's fine.

The tier list is just IMO though. And it's in no particular order.

Well, I only focused on the 2nd class tiers(and the poll won't allow me to do so) so...

Tactician - Pretty good. Gives Veteran, a skill that really helps on grinding.

Lord - Pretty good.

Cleric - So-so. I don't really like leveling healers(sure there's Rescue abuse but still).

Great Lord - Pretty good. Aether and RK is nice skills to have.

War Cleric - IMO they're pretty good, they're like pseudo-Grandmasters, only lack Ignis.

Tactician is easily the best 1st tier class merely because of Veteran and the choice between using magic and using swords. Could you explain why it's only "pretty good"?

Lord is a sword-locked class. They still get pretty good though because Dual Strike+ is the best non-Veteran skill imo (Including how long you have skills of course). So I like your vote here.

I agree on Clerics.

Great Lord is an okay class. I think it's going to get higher than it should merely because of "Lord"

War Clerics/Monks are great if you can get them. Renewal rocks.

(Also this post is my opinion, I'm just wondering about your votes)

In term of skills, min max wise

Can't be Tiered properly:

Tactician

Great Lord

Equivalent of getting jackpot Tier:

Knight

Mercenary

Cavalier

Dark Flier

Do Want Tier:

Myrmiddon

Fighter

DAT SKILLS JUST..... Why?

Thief

Barbarian

Priest

Mage

Dark Mage

Sadface Wyvern/10:

Wyvern Rider

Lol:

Archer

Edited by JSND

Veteran and Dual Strike+ are around for the entire game and are both pretty great. Best skills. Which means their classes go higher than they would by virtue of stats and weapons.

Tactician is easily the best 1st tier class merely because of Veteran and the choice between using magic and using swords. Could you explain why it's only "pretty good"?

Lord is a sword-locked class. They still get pretty good though because Dual Strike+ is the best non-Veteran skill imo (Including how long you have skills of course). So I like your vote here.

I agree on Clerics.

Great Lord is an okay class. I think it's going to get higher than it should merely because of "Lord"

War Clerics/Monks are great if you can get them. Renewal rocks.

(Also this post is my opinion, I'm just wondering about your votes)

Tactician is good...but Godly is a bit too far to describe them.

There's a discussion that Paladin is better than GL. I beg to differ though. Paladin is pretty neat, but GL is also good too. They're pretty much equal for me, with GL wins by an edge.

I guess War Monk/Cleric is sometimes overlooked. They're possibly the only class that could utilize Bolt Axe pretty nicely(outside Dread Fighter), plus they make a really efficient mage killers. Also, Renewal is great skill(I wish they replaced Rally Luck with something else though).

The problem with Lord and Tactician is the fact that Lords ALWAYS get Cavalier(and Paladin is like.... freaking amazing class with nice skills) while Tactician ALWAYS get everything

No matter how you cut it, its pretty hard to put them properly

Edited by JSND

Tactician is good...but Godly is a bit too far to describe them.

Then what classes are going to get godly? I can't think of any, besides Sorcerer/Dark Mage and Dark Flier but those are obvious, that are better than Tactician

The problem with Lord and Tactician is the fact that Lords ALWAYS get Cavalier(and Paladin is like.... freaking amazing class with nice skills) while Tactician ALWAYS get everything

No matter how you cut it, its pretty hard to put them properly

...We're ranking the class. Not comparing it to other classes that the people who use it can go to...

Then what classes are going to get godly? I can't think of any, besides Sorcerer/Dark Mage and Dark Flier but those are obvious, that are better than Tactician

Definitely not lolSorc(for me, but other will say it godly). And Dark Flier is good but not godly(same like Tactician).

I guess Merc/Hero, but then again I won't call it godly too. They're the best IMO.

Edited by Noire

Definitely not lolSorc. And Dark Flier is good but not godly(same like Tactician).

I guess Merc/Hero, but then again I won't call it godly too. They're the best IMO.

You kidding? Sorcerers are the closest thing to invincible there is in a no-grind run. DFs are pretty great simply because flying tome-users are broken.

All that class chain has going for it is Sol... AT is good but only lolDonnel has the luck to use it effectively for most of the game.

I mean in my version of tier list

Im still writing the class quality version of the list

/Kappa

No tier list necessary. Just watch people vote and disagree with the truth.

Also who gave GL eww tier?

Edited by bearclaw13

You kidding? Sorcerers are the closest thing to invincible there is in a no-grind run. DFs are pretty great simply because flying tome-users are broken.

All that class chain has going for it is Sol... AT is good but only lolDonnel has the luck to use it effectively for most of the game.

Most people would say Sorcs are godly. For me, they're godly for having such balls(and no shame) to wear such skimpy outfits to the battlefield.

Seriously, they're a bit overrated for me. People can say that they're godly because of their high Def and the OP tomes, but I'm the only one who begs to differ.

Most people would say Sorcs are godly. For me, they're godly for having such balls(and no shame) to wear such skimpy outfits to the battlefield.

Seriously, they're a bit overrated for me. People can say that they're godly because of their high Def and the OP tomes, but I'm the only one who begs to differ.

Their defense isn't THAT good. They're still mages at their core, meaning that they can take one or maybe two more hits compared to a regular mage. Of course, this does make a bit of a difference in harder difficulties.

Tactician are good, because they are pretty durable, and can use magic (and sword, but magic is clearly the reason you use them...). They are basically more durable mages, Veteran help them to easily gain level. Solidarity is still better than Charm, but nothing to write about. all in all, a solid, if not exceptional class

Lords can use Rapiers and have Dual Strike + who is a really great support skill. Charm isn't really great. I don't know if we have to factor the Falchions in.

Not a bad class, but mainly a supportive class.

Great Lords, well Rightfull King + Aether is absolutely axesome ! Skills excepted, Paladin are generally better in every way.

Clerics. They can heal ! That's what gives them the most point. Healing touch allows to heal better. Well, OK. That may be counterproductive when you try to train them, but that helps them healing more, so... cool, I guess. Miracle, now. Well they are absolutely not durable, and they generally have high luck, so it's a much needed, if somewhat unreliable help.

All in all, maybe the worst healing class, but still a healer.

War Monk/Cleric : Tanky healer !. They are the tankiest of all the healers, and have the awesome Renewall skill, that helps them surviving even more. Renewall is a really awesome ability. They are great Bolt Axes users, and can pack quite a punch. A really solid class that will never disappoint.

The only problems, not judged here, is that in-game, they are not a lot of great ones...

Their defense isn't THAT good. They're still mages at their core, meaning that they can take one or maybe two more hits compared to a regular mage. Of course, this does make a bit of a difference in harder difficulties.

their defense cap is actually only 1 less than the paladin defense cap, for postgame purposes

also, obligatory +def Avatar

If you differentiate between skills and the classes, Sorcerers only have Dark Magic, which when only considering Nosferatu, isn't that good. Sages probably beat them with generally higher caps except Defense and Staff access for Rescue or whatever else you want. There's also Sage being available to a much larger group of people.

Sorcerors annoy me, but whatever. I keep most everyone in their line like Kjelle - GK, Virion - Sniper, or Brady - Sage.

Tact - Godly. My little Azalia gets all the love. (With Chrom, Gaius, Stahl, and Sully of course)

Lord - Very good. Needs a Frederick pair-up though. (Chrom & Lucina bias)

GL - Very good. RK and Aether me gusta. (More Chrom and Lucina bias)
Cleric - So-so. Lissa heals, like, 10 damage each with a heal staff. It doesn't have as much utility as the older games, where all my extra slots went to healers like Ellen, Saul, and Clarine or Moulder, Natasha, and L'Arachel.

War Cleric - Not so good. Lissa starves in this class I found out. Terrible damage. (Then again, I don't forge)

Edited by Viridi

The dark mages you get might not have great starting durability but Henry's defence growth is presumably around 50% with a high cap. His res growth is pretty bad but he's one of the tankiest characters in the game, coupled with Nosferatu/Aversa's Night you'll be hard pressed to see him die. Even Miriel, despite never having good defence growth, goes from "dies from a light poke" to "nearly impenetrable". I think their durability is only beaten out by a trained manakete.

Anyway, back on the topic of the first 5 classes...

Tactician: The best 1st tier class. Godly compared to every other 1st tier. Magic AND swords, growths to back up both, and a great skill in Veteran means they rack up levels fast. Without this class I don't think the Avatar would occupy a tier of their own.

Lord: Dual Strike+ and rapier use is pretty good, but otherwise it's a sword-locked infantry unit and it doesn't really give good pair-up bonuses either. So-so.

Cleric: The skills are okay but the growths are pretty low and you're staff locked and raising the rank takes a pretty long time. Not so good, I wouldn't reclass people into clerics unless I wanted to Miracletroll with Streetpass.

Great Lord: Big step up from Lord, now that they have lances. Finally can have some easily buyable 1-2 range that runs off of strength! Still an infantry unit but it's a pretty good, well-rounded class. Pretty good.

War Cleric: Again, a big step up from Cleric. Growths improve substantially from Cleric, and Renewal is one of the best skills in the game. Lissa and Maribelle suffer in this class until B axes, but people like Cherche or Kellam can actually get some good performance here if you're reclassing for skills. A desirable class to have in your class set and pretty good overall.

Ok the next set of classes are up and the first set has been recorded!

Now on the list is the class lots of people on this thread have been talking about (even though it wasnt tiered yet), the Sorcerer!

Happy voting!