Fire Emblem: Brewing Conflicts, IC Thread

Tryhard

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hmm, last call until we have to leave, hmm? Got it." Helen responded, figures now was as nice as time as ever to leave and check what the armory before they left, she excused herself and left the room subsequently.

Figuring her way to the armory she vaguely remembered the others visited yesterday, she wastes little time looking at the selection of weapons... and seems there was no new lances of interest to her, disappointing. "Excuse me, I'd like to purchase some Pure Water, only one stock." Helen figured she wouldn't make the journey pointless.

Ashok had managed, somehow, to sleep through both Berenguer and the small spat between Lenora and Fia, finally waking up after Daryl said Owen was going with them. He shot up, having had a nightmare where giant wyverns were chasing him. "No, stay away! I'm not a steak!" He glanced around, and he was not actually being chased. "Oh. Back in camp. That was...something else." He wasn't much embarrassed, simply stretching his legs over the edge of the bed and yawning. "So what are we doing now?" he asked, to no one in particular.

Xavier had been siting quietly on his bed as the others had conversed with the count and Fia. Honestly, he felt like an outsider as he had only joined yesterday; not to mention that he originally wanted to kill them. As such he didn't feel that comfortable talking with anyone in the group save Ashok, even if it was only because Ashok had offered to help him. So when Ashok had asked what they were doing he figured it a good opportunity to do something other than sit and listen to the others talk. "We're waiting until we move out," Xavier told Ashok, who had apparently just woken up. "We're retaking a fortress or something like that. And, if you don't mind me asking, what were you dreaming about?"

"Ah, work! Lovely. I'd been getting a bit restless. Of course it means more fighting, but...you've gotta deal with the hand you're dealt." Ashok stood and stretched himself out entirely, ready to leave at a moment's notice. When Xavier asked what he had been dreaming about, he stuttered a little in his response, "wh-what dream I was having? Uh, well, y'know, nothing important. Just an annoying little nightmare, nothing to worry about, nothing at all..." I hope he does his best to keep his wyvern away from me today. He's a nice enough person, but his mount is something else entirely.

2HixRRc.gif"Well, that settles it, then!"

XB2S15Y.gif"We might be able to see you all again, and then we can discuss what to do from there."

2HixRRc.gif"We're going to get the army to move. You'll be right behind us, I trust?"

kKCyIlc.gif"Off we go, then! Don't want to miss anything!"

While the forces were gathering outside, Berenguer, along with Daryl and Tara, raced ahead. They secured horses for themselves, and lead the soldiers out of the camp. Some were reluctant to leave, while others were glad to be out of the cesspit. However, all of them followed Count Berenguer's commands, and it became apparent that he was more than just a nobleman. He seemed to have some military talent, and it was mentioned that he would also be leading the army.

While the group travelled along, they tried to keep mostly out of view, near the back of the marching. There was some odd looks to say the least from some of the members of the army, and it was obvious that it wasn't normal to see such a varied lot as them out here. Some of them even talked to their closest comrades, and it didn't take a genius to figure out who they were talking about.

Regardless, the group travelled on without a hitch, and eventually they reached a passing just before the great Dranal bridge. The auxiliary fighters would not be fighting there, however, as they had been tasked to take a more western river crossing and take the fort present there.

~~Chapter 3: A River Crossing~~

kW1iArk.jpg

While the area had not been substantially well known in the past, it would come to be the first battle zone between the empires of Eslon and Cabaria. While the Eslonians remained somewhat confident and proud of their nation, the Cabarese were unpredictable and it was impossible to tell what they were going to bring... one thing was certain, though, they would not back down from this fight...

When it came time for the groups to part ways, Berenguer and Daryl approached the group.

2HixRRc.gif"Alright, here is where we split. You are to take the small bridge over there. He pointed in the distance, and the bridge was fairly visible even from where they currently stood."

XB2S15Y.gif"It shouldn't be any heavy resistance, but be on your guard. I've fought with most of you, I know how capable you are."

Ryst then chose his time to come out and speak his mind.

joJtlnc.gif"And what am I supposed to do? Run them over with my wagon? I'm unarmed, as we can see."

2HixRRc.gif"Maybe you should pick and a stick and whack them with it."

Berenguer let out a resounding laugh, but Daryl actually offered some real advice.

XB2S15Y.gif"He is right, though. It might be best if you stayed back and didn't get into combat."

joJtlnc.gif"Ah, you are a smart man. If no-one else has objections, I think I will do just that!"

XB2S15Y.gif"Oh yes, and I almost forgot, here is your fellow comrade. Please treat him nicely."

And with that, he lead Owen out to the group.

Zk0NfAN.gif "Eh-heh. Hope I'm not going to interfere. Sorry about the whole thing before... you know, the trying to kill you, and all that..."

Right then, a yell came in from the distance.

kKCyIlc.gif"Daryl, Berenguer, come on! Let's crack some skulls already!"

And with that, Daryl and Berenguer left and said their farewells, and the group went to their destination. It wasn't long before they saw the Cabarian garrison across a small bridge...

w5JUx63.gif"What!? The Eslonian army are bringing the fight to us? General Arris is in danger!"

EhiSB2Z.gif"That seems to be the case, miss. But General Arris still has the advantage, with his army size!"

w5JUx63.gif"We must divert at the nearest possible opportunity, and help them."

EhiSB2Z.gif"That may not be so wise, we have reports that a force is coming this way, and they are after this fort. It would be best to defend."

w5JUx63.gif"What!? Defend!? I have some pride still, thank you very much, I will bring the fight to them, if they so desire!"

Forces start scattering out of the fort and coming to attack the group!

Zk0NfAN.gif "We better watch out... looks like it's gonna get hot pretty quickly, here!"

Ryst yells as he retreats with the wagon rapidly.

joJtlnc.gif"If you need anything... I'll be all the way back here."

---Player, Turn 1---

Enemies' stats can be found here!

NPC's stats (Owen) have been updated!

9oHMXBX.png

Weather: Normal.

Current Objective: Defeat Caratris!

[spoiler=HP]

Players:

Ashok Leser: 31/31

Lenora Herman: 25/25

Aiolos: 28/28

Calden: 23/23

Helen Vatter: 23/23

Sophia Hall: 24/24

Kristoph Jaeger: 30/30

Hans Chrosh: 26/26

Sturgulewski: 24/24

Xavier Talen: 27/27

Fia Ascher: 23/23

NPCs:

Owen: 31/31

Enemies:

Crossbowman A: 24/24

Crossbowman B: 24/24

Crossbowman C: 24/24

Troubadour A: 23/23

Mercenary A: 30/30

Mercenary B: 30/30

Mercenary C: 30/30

Soldier A: 27/27

Soldier B: 27/27

Soldier C: 27/27

Mage A: 25/25

Mage B: 25/25

Cavalier A: 29/29

Cavalier B: 29/29

Pirate A: 26/26

Pirate B: 26/26

Caratris: 30/30

Edited by Kelsper

Fia grinned. "Alright, this should be fun. Hmm, two of you with me, this way. There are two of them over here, that should be enough to deal with that." With that, she ran over to a near hill and quickly pulled out an arrow and slid it onto her bow.

Fia moves to 23-5

Edited by scorri

Ashok took a deep breath, and tried to calm himself. Battle was still hard for him, especially against trained soldiers. Bandits were one thing, but these were just people who thought differently from him. Oh well. It's you or them, and I want to keep living. "Owen, you're with me! Move on up!" Sure, the man had tried to kill them all, but he was tough, and armored. They would hold the line.

Ashok moves to 15,7 and equips his Iron Javelin!

So that was the fort they wanted us to take, huh? It looked decently well defended, but not to the point of being overly daunting. Deciding for now it would be best to duck into the shrubbery for some cover, Lenora did just that.

Lenora moves to 16,6!

The people in the nearby house seemed oblivious to what was happening, so Sophia rode over to warn them. "Pardon the interruption, but there's a battle starting outside. You may want to lock your doors and take shelter until it's over."

Sophia moves to 19,6, visits the house, and cantoes to 17,5 afterward.

Sturgulewski watched as everyone began to move about. He thought briefly about how to begin the battle, and of course his thoughts immediately turned to Ashok.

He nodded, walking a short distance forward and raising his staff in the air. "Ashok, take some aid!" Sturgulewski shouted.

Sturgulewski moves to 18,5 and uses Sharpness on Ashok.

Xavier watched as several of the others began to move into a semi-defensive positions and decided he'd join them at the front. Or, at least he would have if he had greater confidence in Fare to behave (and not try to eat Ashok). Not to mention he spotted an archer on the other side of the river who looked ready to shoot at him if he got in range. "Well I guess we're off," Xavier told Fare, who took to the air immediately. From the air Xavier spotted a probably safe place to land, just out of the archer's range if he guessed right.

Xavier moves to 17,7.

Edited by Oersted

"I'll try and take'm out from the water." Aiolos told his companions. "No so easy fightin' when you can't reach your opponent."

Aiolos moves to 16,7, hatchet equipped.

Sturgulewski improved Ashok's aim.

Ashok: +30 hit for one round!
Sophia entered the house to find it fairly empty, however, there was one person trying to hide behind a wardrobe.

"Hey, who's this? What are you trying to do?"

He quickly noticed that they were not trying to rob him, and so stepped out of the darkness and approached.

"You are... trying to help? Please, take this. Perhaps it will help you."

He took an old-looking lance off the wall and handed it to Sophia. Regardless, it looked in fairly good condition, though it was clear that the man himself had no doubt the girl would be able to use it, herself. Her group looked fairly competent, though, and he didn't want to leave the area he had lived in his entire life.

Sophia got a Steel Lance!

[spoiler=HP]

Players:

Ashok Leser: 31/31

Fia Ascher: 23/23

NPCs:

Enemies:

Crossbowman A: 24/24

Archer A: 20/20

Archer B: 20/20

Archer C: 20/20

Edited by Kelsper

Calden was almost glad they'd gotten into a fight this quickly. Beat walking, at any rate. Well, unless he ended up speared by the nearby cavalier. That didn't appeal to Calden at all, and he made a mental note to avoid drawing it's ire. He decided to stay far enough away from the Cavalier that it would be no threat to him, but the nearby bowman had an easy shot now. Deciding that hitting the man back, if he did choose to attack him, would be the better option, Calden opts to use his wind tome.

Calden moves to (15,3) and readies his Wind tome.

"...Well, seems the fight has come to us this time. I hope that saves some trouble." Helen said, her train of thought clearly dismantled from the long ride. She was just happy to see a change of pace right now, maybe that'd make her feel more sentient.

Helen moves to 23,4.

---Allies, Turn 1---

Zk0NfAN.gif "If you say so..."

Owen moves to 14,7 and stands strong.

---Enemies, Turn 1---

w5JUx63.gif"We can't give them the chance to join the other battle, attack!"

A mounted fighter manages to injure Fia.

Cavalier B vs Fia
Hit: 92 - 20 (Terrain) - 10 (Personal Skill) - 26 (Evade) = 36.
Hit roll: 13, hit!
Damage: 17 - 6 (Defense) = 11 Damage.

Fia cannot counter!
The other sword-wielder sees his opportunity and sends Fia to the ground.
Mercenary B vs Fia
Hit: 86 - 20 (Terrain) - 10 (Personal Skill) - 26 (Evade) = 30.
Hit roll: 7, hit!
Damage: 18 - 6 (Defense) = 12 Damage.
Fia goes down!

The other enemies form a defensive line across the bridge, and do not attack.

An archer does decide to attack however, and Ashok and her come off both worse for wear.

Crossbowman A vs Ashok
Hit: 100 - 7 (Support Evade) - 21 (Evade) = 72.
Hit roll: 45, hit!
Damage: 12 - 10 (Defense) = 2 Damage.

Ashok counters!
Hit: 96 + 30 (Sharpness) - 10 Personal Skill - 24 (Evade) = 92.
Hit roll: 76, hit!
Damage: 14 - 7 (Defense) = 7 Damage.
Ashok is now poisoned!

Other soldiers on the left side of the map try to encircle and flank the enemy effectively, but no-one gets in range for now!

---Player, Turn 2---

iNWJzve.png

Weather: Normal.

Current Objective: Defeat Caratris!

[spoiler=HP]
Players:
Ashok Leser: 29/31 (Poisoned 5/5)
Fia Ascher: 0/23 (Downed 3/3)

NPCs:

Enemies:
Crossbowman A: 17/24

Edited by Kelsper

"Urgh..." He hadn't expected them to just sit there! And after taking a hit from a poison tipped bolt, Ashok wasn't feeling too great. "Owen, pull back with me!" He felt his bravado had once again gotten him into a situation he couldn't handle.

Ashok moves to 16,4.

Sturgulewski watched as Ashok was hit with the poisoned bolt. He immediately rushed forward, looking right at Ashok as he sat there clutching the wound.

"Hold on, Ashok!" the old priest said. "Here! I am here! Let me treat that wound for you!" Sturgulewski then came up next to Ashok, already using his staff as quickly as he could. He then looked over to where Fia was down. "Sophia, help Fia out over there!"

Sturgulewski moves to 17,4 and uses Antidote on Ashok.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck 2.0

The line didn't seem to have gotten any more favourable for her, and seeing Fia get taken down, luckily nothing fatal, and there were others nearby who could reach her well before Lenora would have, still stirred less than ideal memories for the vigilante. Perhaps right this moment wasn't the best time to get engulfed within the fray...

Lenora holds position for now.

Aiolos tosses a hatchet at Soldier A.

"It's not the sea, but it'll do..."

Aiolos was used to doing attacks from the water, but the dinky river wasn't exactly his idea of a good time. He might as well be up a tree if anything.

Edited by Shin