Fire Emblem - Project Juan Now With Prolouge Patch Fixed and Working! :D

Kobazco

Hello everybody! I've been working on a fire emblem hack for a little bit now and finally decided to post something about it. The hack is called project Juan at the moment, as i really don't know what else to call it. The story is about a thief called Takeshi and his amazing friend, Juan. They live by stealing and are generally jerks to the public. One day, the Empire (the main country/owner thingy of the continent) raids their town and Juan is taken captive. Takeshi must rescue his friend and rebel aganst the corrupt Empire in order to save the world!.... or something like that. Originally this was just a story I wrote for an English project and it just so happened I was really addicted to fire emblem at the time.

Here is a picture of the latest version of prolouge, chapter 1 and

chapter 2.

Prolouge

prolouge_zpse58a0cac.png

Ch.1

ch1_zps9ade00b8.png

Ch.2

ch2_zps6f11788e.png

I am still looking for someone to help me out with more complicated events/scripting and potrait editing.

Patch For da Prolouge http://www.mediafire.com/download/nqh33fcl1yukhgu/Fire+Emblem+project+juan.ups

Edited by Kobazco

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you willing to pay for anything? I can sprite, and fairly well, but being a poor college student makes it hard to do things for free. Otherwise, you might not be getting a whole lot of help in your hack, as most who are able most likely will not want to contribute anything to someone who doesn't have much to show.

And I am serious about the whole paying for sprites thing, just so you know.

Edited by Kon

you could always just make your own sprites. You can check out the spriter's resource topic in the sprites subforum learn everything you need to know to make them recolors just sounds like palette editing which you can learn through the hacking resources subforum

Edited by The Booty Wawriah

I like the layout of that map, good concept! However, the map itself is a bit bland. If you've never heard of terms like "tile-spam" and the like, I'd recommend looking at my buddy Primefusion's topic regarding how to make maps.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1595900

Also part 2.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25963&page=2#entry1600898

Believe me, read these and you'll be an awesome mapper in no time.

I like the layout of that map, good concept! However, the map itself is a bit bland. If you've never heard of terms like "tile-spam" and the like, I'd recommend looking at my buddy Primefusion's topic regarding how to make maps.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1595900

Also part 2.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25963&page=2#entry1600898

Believe me, read these and you'll be an awesome mapper in no time.

Thanks for the links, they look like they will help alot! I could never really figure out how to get mountains to look right in a map since the tilesets are a bit confusing at times and im sure the tutorials will help alot

So, how much chapters will this hack cover?

Making a full scale fire emblem hack is pretty hard.

But... uh... good luck?

I've found a lot of useful programs in hacking resources and I think I'm really going to work on this project starting tommorow. It will probaly take a month or more, but after I finish about 4-5 chapters ill get a patch and release it! Its thanks to the people who showed me tutorials that I'm gonna actually work on this, so thanks to all of you!

Edited by Kobazco

1. Use an image host!

2. That's an improvement, but you've still got a way to go. Try making the roads look less. . .uh, blocky. If it looks like it came out of an old Zelda game, it's a bit too linear. You can ask the guys in the Sprites section for more help on this!

1. Use an image host!

2. That's an improvement, but you've still got a way to go. Try making the roads look less. . .uh, blocky. If it looks like it came out of an old Zelda game, it's a bit too linear. You can ask the guys in the Sprites section for more help on this!

Could you perhaps recomend an image host? And i see what you mean about the roads, im working on those now.

Here's one:

imgur

Upload your picture(s) there, then paste the resulting links. Looks like Imageshack shuttered its anonymous upload service. If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to post them~!

To get an image to show up, do it like this:

[img=URL HERE]
Using the first link you posted, here's what I get:

theifanimation_zps31f94052.png

The map is getting better! Next up is that road in the middle of town. Here's some GBA FE maps with lots of roads; notice how they're tiled.

Chapter 21 Hector (FE7)

Chapter 24B Hector (FE7)

The Shopping Chapter (FE7)

Chapter 5 (FE8)

Chapter 9 Eir (FE8)

Notice how the roads are straight, but don't look very straight? The edges are usually uneven, and if it's a common road, it's pretty wide (to the point where there's no grass). See if that helps!

That's 'cause the code box is messing with the formatting.

[img ]Image URL here[/img]

(get rid of the space in the first image tag)
As for the splice. . .I believe the people in the spriting subforum will be able to assist you with that. Edited by eclipse

yay update on shiz. im very stupid and still cant get the image thing to work, so heres chapter 1 and 2. And for now instead of splicing and making my own potraits ect, im gonna do recolors... for now.

post-9693-0-45040800-1386116985_thumb.png

post-9693-0-32990800-1386116988_thumb.png

Don't use imgur. Use tinypic. Trust me.

Those maps look like a good start. Without getting too specific because this should be for a sprite topic but...ok so your roads look way too straight. Try breaking them up and using curves.

And it looks like you're spamming grass and trees. Try variations of grass and forests and just land in general like try adding mountains and rivers and stuff. You should really give Primefusion's mapping tutorial a read. Otherwise best of luck to you!

Don't use imgur. Use tinypic. Trust me.

Those maps look like a good start. Without getting too specific because this should be for a sprite topic but...ok so your roads look way too straight. Try breaking them up and using curves.

And it looks like you're spamming grass and trees. Try variations of grass and forests and just land in general like try adding mountains and rivers and stuff. You should really give Primefusion's mapping tutorial a read. Otherwise best of luck to you!

Bro, it doesn't matter. They're both good.

Other than that, best of luck. It looks like you can hack, which is good.

Edited by PixelmanFE