√ⁿ² Day 6: Why do people like: [Say'ri]?

Elieson

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's definitely one of the better characters. She actually looks like she can actually hold a heavy weapon, probably the only female character in the series, besides Echidna.

Seriously we need more female characters in this series designed in her vein this is a fucking game about war not about going to high school, muscles are practical here, how else do you swing those axes

My thoughts exactly.

I forgot to say why I like Cynthia. It's because she is an adorkable little hero, beautiful with Fred's hair color, a real sweetie, and her Japanese voice is beyond cute. She annoyed me at first, but her supports really endeared me to her.

Now, Flavia...I feel eh about her. I don't dislike her, but her design really bugs me. The Hero outfit is so hideous and painful to look at, and the stupid mini-skirt+garters ruins the "tough" look. Would it REALLY have killed you to give female Heroes pants, IS? Female Mercenaries get pants, ffs, why didn't Heroes? Flavia is tough and cool, though, despite the horrible design.

Like I said, I think she's less appreciated due to being overshadowed by the colorful cast of recruitables (and having a support pool the size of the Avatar). I do like her more after having some input, but I still feel like her story character is underappreciated (and underdeveloped).

Day 4: Brady

Not gonna say anything here. I am not a big fan of the tough-looking softie archetype personally, as it just seems all too cliché. His street speech patterns don't make him more interesting to me, and he really does seem to lose it at the silliest of things. Gameplay, I find him just eh, because by the time you get him, he's a just a crappy cleric with a sub-average rank in his own weapon type (he's the only child with less than a C-rank in his respective weapon type, bar Nah/Yarne for obvious reasons).

I also don't like his hair.

Brady isn't my absolute favorite, but I respect his character. Once he stops whining about being too weak and actually gets up and starts training, he's cool. And he has pretty untapped potential for being one of the weaker kids when recruited; all around good healer and attacker once trained correctly. I like his supports too, especially the ones with Maribelle and Kjelle.

And he's also the only child besides maybe Yarne who can rock Gaius's ginger hair without it looking horribly out of place

Edited by Silver Lightning

Brady's my favorite non-Cynthia character in the game.

His personality is awesome, his relationship with Maribelle is awesome, he's a pretty awesome unit (if you grind, since he sucks in non-grind), and he's just an all-around bro.

I like Brady because his whole character is hilarious and how opposite he is from Maribelle. His Japanese voice is funny, too, isn't that how the Yakuza talk/sound? Plus when he goes Sage, his black robes make even him look beautiful, ESPECIALLY when he has blonde hair. Of course, a Sage Brady is not a smart choice for a Vaike!Brady, but to quote Loki, I do what I want. 8U

As for supports and personality, I actually do like the tough-guy-is-a-softy archtype. It's cute and unexpected, and it creates hilarious interactions with Owain and Inigo. I also like his supports with Severa and Lucina.

He's actually one of the better written characters if you read in between the lines close enough and the whole "Kanji Tatsumi" kinda feel to him makes me like him. Not much else to say, but I think his supports are amusing to say the least and he's a pretty good unit.

He's just… balanced and seemingly well-adjusted, despite all the horrors he's witnessed. His only real 'complex' is being weak, which isn't only understandable, but incredibly relatable. So, I think he's liked for that.

He's just… balanced and seemingly well-adjusted, despite all the horrors he's witnessed. His only real 'complex' is being weak, which isn't only understandable, but incredibly relatable. So, I think he's liked for that.

This

Eh, I guess there's more to him than I'm willing to give credit to.

Continuing the theme of Gen 1 -> Gen 2 -> Rinse Wash Repeat...

Day 5: Ricken

Go ahead, tear this one up.

Ricken reminds me of my little bro. Childish and always wanting to prove that he's bigger and better than he appears, but always follows through with his promises and strives to better himself when properly motivated. He also has a strong sense of justice and picks good role models to follow (Chrom and Gregor; maybe even Henry). And I feel that despite the childish nature of his supports with Nowi, he has gained a higher level of maturity by the S support since their affection for each other is so simple, and yet both, especially he for his age, are well aware of the long term consequences and hardships. Made me respect him a little more.

He's a good enough mage otherwise I guess and passes a nice looking hair color to Nah.

Arms Scroll + Him = Instant Brave attacker.

That and he's the second coming of Azel.

Second coming of Azel, yes yes yes. Pair him with Maribelle for a total Azel/Aideen throwback.

Ricken's adorable. There, I said it. Given that this is a game whose plot involves the alleged hero having the option to not permanently destroy a great and destructive evil dragon-thing Because Friendship, Ricken's own brand of childish antics really does not bother me in the least. Plus other characters do call him out on his flaws and he does try to do better. Panne supports creeped me out though.

Ricken's cool.

Ricken reminds me of my little bro. Childish and always wanting to prove that he's bigger and better than he appears, but always follows through with his promises and strives to better himself when properly motivated. He also has a strong sense of justice and picks good role models to follow (Chrom and Gregor; maybe even Henry).

That, because I can't words right.

He also gives Severa best hair color.

Also RickenxNowi sucks because pairing anyone other than Lon'qu or MU with Nowi is a sin.