Roguelike Emblem (character submissions supertopic)

Klokinator

So this is a thing. It's made in FEXNA and it's awesome.

Roguelike Emblem

Roguelike Emblem is told through the perspective of the narrator, Arch. Arch is telling a story to a group of children and as he tells the story, the events begin to unfold. It is a silly story, told to amuse children, with him making up random things for the fun of it, and thus some of it will make no sense. However, I aim to also make this affect gameplay with him randomly adding new things that happen based on various actions that the player makes.

That's all I have for the story at the moment. All of the characters from Medallion of Hope are present, and while their personalities are largely the same, for the sake of game balance some of their classes and roles in the story have been altered, sometimes even to extremes. Since FEXNA is new and has so much to play with, I will be using the new features to troll people and to make a difficult but very replayable game.

Character list: http://www.klokreations.net/t398-all-character-moh-bios

Screenshots:

[spoiler=Screenshots]6OJTy.png
Title is subject to change (Actually I guarantee it'll be changed because I hate it.)

6OJVJ.png
6OJWV.png
Not all of these characters will be playable, this is just to show that I am adding everyone.

These stats are not finalized by any means.
6OJZy.png
6OK1c.png
6OK2o.png
6OK3d.png
6OK4G.png

6OK6I.png

6OK83.png
Thracia FoW!

That'll be all for now.

P.S. Some characters have been renamed and reclassed from the screenshots. Rather than post new screenshots, I decided to use the old ones since I like surprises.

Edited by Klok

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to submit a character for use in the game, you can feel free to do so! Post it here or PM me.

It will need a mug, eye/mouth frames, and preferably look interesting. As an example this mug is very interesting and funny to write dialogue for. This one, not so much.

If you have a FULL custom animation you would like to use, you must include the whole sheet as well, including the various ranged frames for swords, axes and lances, and a map sprite of some sort that is customized. No guarantee I'll add it (Haven't gotten the new animator properly working yet) but if it's a cool animation you can bet I'll try.

Edit: Also need a minimug aka chibi! If you can't make one then someone else on the team can (Hell even I can) so this is a lesser thing.

Edited by Klok

Hey this thing actually happened

son of a bitch

fuck my midterm tomorrow

edit: thought there was a download link herp

well fuck my midterm anyway you've talked me out of studying now

Edited by Jubby

Wooooooow, Klok.

That bio.

Shadow/Chaos

Class: Agent/Falcon

Weapon type: Swords C rank/PRF fists for ultimate form.

Bio:

Shadow is a young Otaku from the Shrine of Seals, who goes traveling with his good friends Seph and Rey to escape the dementia of those stuck in the Shrine. Shadow speaks a terrible tangled version of Japanese and travels with his beloved wife, Ninian. However, his wife has a curse on herself that forces everyone to see her as an ugly decrepit old woman except her one true lover. When someone comments on how ugly Ninian is, Shadow flies into a rage and morphs into his super form, Chaos.

Unlike Shadow, Chaos is an entirely self absorbed godlike entity whose powers are over 9000. In his super form he loses all control and only seeks to kill those who insult his wife, and then he just kills more people for the fuck of it. In his super form he speaks english, but he screams everything he says and (hopefully, if I can implement it) all his text is in an angry bolded font too.

Also, Ninian translates everything Shadow says, much like I detailed in this post. There's your example of what to expect for Shadow's dialogue :3

Wooooooooow.

[/following]

The only ones I have are:

[spoiler=Symmetric Sage]

Pent3_zps3068fdee.pngSymetricsagecool_zps58f8b1bf.pngCreppysymetricsage_zps2952ae16.png

Pretty much Symmantry, except he is a Magic Unit and is obsessed with the symmetry of everything around him, so he hates to get out of his symmetric castle because the outside isn't symmetric, likes fighting against dudes that are the same class as him because that's the most symmetric fight he can have, and hates wind because it ruins his symmetrical haircut. Doesn't move his mouth because his afraid that it stops being symmetric, even if only for a small fraction of a second, and he learned to synchronize his eyes perfectly. And he uses his magic to float instead of walking so he can me even more symmetric. The first one is the original, the second is a recolor and the third is the result of an error while changing the pallete that got cool

[spoiler=Evil Fir]

Fir_zpsbb457c82.png

an evil creature that will murder everything, doesn't has mouth and eyes frames because they don't move at all at least thats the excuse i'm giving

I'll do the minimug later

[spoiler=big evil version]

EvilFirX_zps84e14543.png

you can use several parts of this thing I guess

words

Aight so, I could probably use evil Fir, but those sages don't really tickle my fancy. They actually hurt my head to look at lol. I can add Fir though because that mug has much potential.

Please tell me Ezra looks the same as he does in Project Z. I love Ezra.

Idk maybe?

I can feel my brain cells melting.

What brain cells? You're on Serenes Forest.

^What he said.

*Shrug*

He has free reign to do whatever he wants. While I'm following the thread to see what this leads to...

I'm not exactly enthusiastic about everything. I'm just taking the joke like I should.

Idk maybe?

10/10 spot on great job they look so alike it's scary.

Anyways, does this look good enough for you?

[spoiler=It's Zhen but not fixed]WvOFqXi.png

This wandering swordsman thinks he's special becuase he gets the special Lloyd animation (Assuming you have one programmed). He also has bad grammar and thinks he is the King of all Myrmidons.

Edited by PixelmanFE

It's not in, but putting it in would be fairly trivial. Except the Astra animation won't exist so he'll just have some other skill.

Gonna go ahead and quote this.

As an example this mug is very interesting and funny to write dialogue for. This one, not so much.

More examples:

Good mug!

Good mug!

Good mug!

Good mug!

All these mugs are either very custom, or have some sort of facial expression/body pose that make them interesting to write dialogue for. That Fir mug is also interesting, but this Zhen guy, not so much. I'll use it, but it'll be probably be a generic enemy kind of guy, sadly.

I don't need full custom mugs (As evidenced by DEad!Fir) but some sort of interesting trait about the mug will make it more likely to get a good part in the game.

Edited by Klok

It's not in, but putting it in would be fairly trivial. Except the Astra animation won't exist so he'll just have some other skill.

Gonna go ahead and quote this.

More examples:

Good mug!

Good mug!

Good mug!

Good mug!

All these mugs are either very custom, or have some sort of facial expression/body pose that make them interesting to write dialogue for. That Fir mug is also interesting, but this Zhen guy, not so much. I'll use it, but it'll be probably be a generic enemy kind of guy, sadly.

I don't need full custom mugs (As evidenced by DEad!Fir) but some sort of interesting trait about the mug will make it more likely to get a good part in the game.

Oh well. I don't really care what you do with him anyways.

I'm not good at making characters.

Edited by PixelmanFE

[spoiler=submit for fun]

lushis_bandit_hair_man.png

the lushes hair bandit.

a bandit with great hair, he was a Insert Random Magic Thing made by Insert Generic Villain Name

his sole purpose in life is to have lushes hair. he has no eyes and mouth because of this. He is always trying to say something, however since he doesn't have a mouth he cant actually speak and lets out only muffled words that are impossible to actually decipher.

there ya go klok, help ya pass the time.

Edited by ShinyPichu

I certainly don't approve of anyone using the portrait intended for another hack for a character not really related to Blazer or using the name/including me in said hack in any way

but whatever

I was disappointed for about 10 seconds, I'm over it now since it's just a really badjoke *shot*

Well if you're so offended, maybe you shouldn't have submitted it?

I haven't written dialogue yet so I'll just remove him from the roster.

[spoiler=submit for fun]

lushis_bandit_hair_man.png

the lushes hair bandit.

a bandit with great hair, he was a Insert Random Magic Thing made by Insert Generic Villain Name

his sole purpose in life is to have lushes hair. he has no eyes and mouth because of this. He is always trying to say something, however since he doesn't have a mouth he cant actually speak and lets out only muffled words that are impossible to actually decipher.

there ya go klok, help ya pass the time.

Will use/10 Edited by Klok

Yeah, i know he is bad, but i wanted to try to create a character.

jhcc.png

A kid who escaped from the orphanage recently, now he live with other friends the life of a thief. He want to find his big brother. He don't have a weapon with him, but when he joins the lord gives him an iron sword.