FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

that said, now the sprites are dumped,

Looking through that now. Stuff I'm noticing...

I love how Excellus has a blue set of map sprites.

Tiki also has sprites for Peg/Falco/DF. Such a pity she didn't keep them...

Not really new, but I notice Virion has special animations for both Archer, Sniper and BK when selected. Existence of canon promotions deconfirmed?

Basilio has very few class sprites. Are the rest completely generic?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now actually recall seeing a video or reading some interview that explained how the tilesets were 2.5d. Darn.

yeah that's what i'm talking about

i have no recollection of the actual thing or where I could find it but it was some interview around release that showed screenshots of them making a map

i have no recollection of the actual thing or where I could find it but it was some interview around release that showed screenshots of them making a map

i'm not 100% sure this is the one you meant, but a trailer for the series 2 dlc did include footage of the in-development scramble maps being tinkered with in 3d modelling software. considering how many dumb mistakes i make on a daily basis i'm not sure i have much right to say this, but i'm really not sure how any of the maps in this game could be mistaken for anything but 3d models :P

Ooh, I'm interested in the interview; if anyone finds it, I'd love a link : )

I can rip the map textures, if you want those. They're quite interesting, but not the same as tilesets, obviously.

ls_towerin_ground09_63D00%28twin_g0_0%29

BTW... does anybody recognise this map at all?

unknownmap.png

It appears very briefly and obscured in the ending/start screen.

Pretty sure it's a generic map, not something from FE and I'm wondering if it's borrowed from somewhere (because the map looks too involved/detailed for an IS employee to make themselves IMHO for a 1 second appearance).

It looks a little like Elibe without the Western Isles? Or it could be Tellius. It has text on it, but it's too small to read. It doesn't seem like a map of Ylisse.

Edited by Psych

Quick question: Was the red stamp thingi (dunno what to call it) on the right group (under the blue stamp and above the link icon) used anywhere in the game?

status_E.ctpk.lz_20100(status_window).pn

I only remember that the blue one was always used to mark stat boosts on the right side of the stat column, but I don't recall having seen the red one before. If it wasn't in the game, could it be that it was intended to represent decreased stats (which I don't think being possible in the final version of the game either)?

It might have been for enemy stat boosts but I don't know.

I just checked, the enemies also use the blue version for stat boosts.

Edited by Ryo

I think this is the interview you guys are talking about:

http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/developer-interview/page3.html Here's the page where they talk about making maps. I don't see a mention of tilesets, though.

photo22.jpgphoto23.jpgphoto24.jpg

(I originally linked to page 2 because I 'm dumb)

Edited by L95

I've got stuff like English voice clips too : )

So there might be stuff like unused voice clips?!

*looks at those with curious looks on their faces*

I find unused content fascinating...

When you have stat losses from class changes.

I thought of this at first but the sets used for class change actually have different shapes, and are stored here (at the top):

system_E.ctpk.lz_46300(system_window).pn

Nice, somebody left 20 map templates still in the ROM.

Paralogue 1:

X001.bcres_9B400(bmap101_geo).png

X001.bcres_145E80(bmapX001_geo).png

More here.

Some maps were changed a lot it seems... for the better XD

Apparently Priam's map was going to be DLC (it's labelled E001, which is consistent with other DLC maps, and appears twice)?

Also, Nah was going to be Ruru/Lulu?

EDIT

So there might be stuff like unused voice clips?!

*looks at those with curious looks on their faces*

I find unused content fascinating...

I'll see if I can upload them next.

I know there are two unused voice clips of Chrom and Lucina's Japanese voice actors, but they are pre-processed and really rough.

Edited by VincentASM

I thought of this at first but the sets used for class change actually have different shapes, and are stored here (at the top):

system_E.ctpk.lz_46300(system_window).pn

Would be funny if the enemy had the ability to pair up at one point.

I know there are two unused voice clips of Chrom and Lucina's Japanese voice actors, but they are pre-processed and really rough.

Weeb here, willing to translate.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Wait. Is that an extra dancer skill, or is it just me imagining this...?

Nah, you've got a good eye.

Also, the extra dance icon is indeed for a generic "Dance" skill. I'm not 100% but its description might be "Use "Dance" to allow an adjacent ally to act again." That or this is the first row of the "Special Dance" description (I'm lazy to check).

(And I've checked since then and the description is unique.)

Which reminds me, I really should organise all the findings sometime this week.

Now, where did I put the voice clips...

Nah, you've got a good eye.

...Oop. Just realized someone (Shadow beat me to the punch, blast it!) already brought it up.

So... I'm new to this whole Rom thing. Will this mean there might be an Emulator, or...?

Again. I'm new. I'm not sure what all of this means for the future of Awakening.

...Oop. Just realized someone (Shadow beat me to the punch, blast it!) already brought it up.

So... I'm new to this whole Rom thing. Will this mean there might be an Emulator, or...?

Again. I'm new. I'm not sure what all of this means for the future of Awakening.

I can't comment about the practical usage at the moment, but the cracked encryption does open up the potential to run modified ROMs on a console.

3DS emulators are probably far too behind right now to play games properly right now; maybe in several years time.

At the moment, I'm just digging around to see what dirt I can find : P

Er, sound files, here are some:

All confessions in English/Japanese

Unknown Chrom voice clip

Unknown Lucina voice clip

If somebody (or group of people) has a lot of time and a good ear, I can upload the battle grunts for people to organise. Right now they just have numbers for file names.

. There are some unused names between the playable characters: Leopold, Tracy and Andrea.

Unused names? As in... That's it?

Oh! And could the Dance Icon/Skill be still within the game? So, should one say, give it to someone *cough Inigo cough* they'd be able to dance? I mean, sure, I'd be positively sure that the animation wouldn't exist, but...