If there was a Fire Emblem Fighting Game.

Jotari

Anyone speculating on what characters get into Smash Bros no doubt has a long list of Fire Emblem characters they'd love to see but know they won't. To the extent that you could probably fill a full roster with Fire Emblem characters. And with the existence of Pokken it shows the idea isn't too ludicrous. So if they were to make Fire Emblem, the Fighting Game, what style do you think it would be? How would they handle certain movesets, like mounted characters? Would it be statistic based? Would skills and weapon triangles be present? And most importantly, what characters would you most like to see?

Soul Caliber style fighting game would work, because you're almost emulating the battle animations in FE itself, only realtime instead of turn based.

You could probably have an energy bar alongside the health bar that builds up to a character's activation skill. Maybe different weapon choices.

I dunno, ideally I'd love to just play Super Smash with all FE characters, but they would never do that.

I wrote up a roster in the Smash Bros, thread, but the post is buried by now. :P

Still, I'd love to see an FE Fighting game! I'd main Ike and use Chrom as my punching bag.

Edited by Anacybele

I have a feeling Nintendo may do something like this. A dynasty warriors type fighting game though, with Fe lords and stuff.

Don't tease us.

In all honesty though, the thing that annoys me about all the Smash FE characters is that they're all sword users. What gives? There's tons of weapon choices, and although this was somewhat mitigated by Robin's appearance in 4, that is also mitigated by Lucina being a literal clone of Marth. It's not like there aren't lords that don't use swords either. Hector uses axes and Ephraim uses lances, and both character's games were released in English. Hell, even Micaiah is enough of a main character to get into smash.

This is why an FE fighter would be great, because I believe anyway, we would get a lot of variation. Archers would have a lot of speed and range, whilst Brigands would be slow and heavy hitting etc. You could even implement promotion in the fighter, acting like a super/ultra meter or something. Perhaps there could be an equip system, where before each battle you picked out what weapon you used, that would change stats/play style. Brave weapons would allow better combos, whilst killer weapons would have higher damage but have more awkward hit boxes etc.

Just spouting ideas here of course, but I think that if Fire Emblem was a big enough name, with enough work I think that an FE fighter could turn out really good. This is especially evident by the fact that IS nearly went bankrupt before 13. One can always dream though.

Soul Calibur 2 utilized the multiple weapon choices heavily, and every character had two ultimate weapons, which could very much work out in some cases. Ike could have Ragnell and Urvan, for example, but Marth could have Falchion and an improved version or a brand new weapon, perhaps. However, semi-clones were still a thing then, even with ~30 character rosters. The battle system probably would not be extremely refined either, with multiple clones like Eirika and Eliwood, or Black Knight, Ike and Greil (which at least makes sense). In Soul Calibur 4 specifically, there were a lot of clones, with six of them only appearing in that game. However, the others were semi-clones, with similar stances, and some shared moves, but others entirely unique. Analysis: 50% chance, Namco would be developer with Intelligent Systems, and Ike, Lyon, and Sigurd would be super-overpowered.

Soul Calibur 2 utilized the multiple weapon choices heavily, and every character had two ultimate weapons, which could very much work out in some cases. Ike could have Ragnell and Urvan, for example, but Marth could have Falchion and an improved version or a brand new weapon, perhaps. However, semi-clones were still a thing then, even with ~30 character rosters. The battle system probably would not be extremely refined either, with multiple clones like Eirika and Eliwood, or Black Knight, Ike and Greil (which at least makes sense). In Soul Calibur 4 specifically, there were a lot of clones, with six of them only appearing in that game. However, the others were semi-clones, with similar stances, and some shared moves, but others entirely unique. Analysis: 50% chance, Namco would be developer with Intelligent Systems, and Ike, Lyon, and Sigurd would be super-overpowered.

If no one else in the game calls dibs on it then he could easily wield Mercurius. Though if we want to give an important weapon to everyone Marth could be better suited to wielding a rapier or noble rapier. Ooh, or maybe he could have two versions of the Falchion, one based off of the one Nagi gave him. I don't know what they could do with it. It had more weight in game so maybe make it a much larger sword like the way Falchion was depicted in the anime.

It'd have all the lords, most badguys and Tharja as playable characters. Probably a Soul Calibur kind of dealio or just wait for Lucina to show up in SC6 if that ever becomes a game.

I really like the idea. My thoughts are about a Warriors game: beating armies, seizing/defending forts/castles and routing enemies might blend well.

Weapon triangle can be added, like axe users struggling to beat swordfighters but having an advantage against lancers, and maybe Magic triangle can be welcome if they make magic as important as physical weapons.

I think a levelling system might work, probably molding it according to the essence of the warriors game.

I can see mounteds be included as well, but fliers be usable only on sky maps or something.

And regarding characters, which is the most sensible part, I think the lords, jagens, plot important characters and such might be in. I'm not sure about the amount of characters because I haven't played a Warriors game, so help here is appreciated.

I would buy it. Seriously I think it's an enjoyable concept especially if they take the Hyrule/Dynasty warriors approach imagine playing as your favorite heros or whatever from Fire Emblem with huge armies behind you and slashing or casting your way through.

On the other hand if it was a pure fighter I wouldn't mind that either I've actually speculated whether this is the case with SMTxFE kinda like Tatsunoko X Capcom.

if they don't make it essentially Last Blade 2 Fire Emblem edition with some more western fighting styles then I wouldn't care. Samsho is too slow, Soul Calibur is Soul Calibur (gross), and fuck making it a full on anime fighter.

Edited by Irysa

I'd only buy it if it was M-rated and featured hyper realistic fighting styles.

But really, I'd buy any game featuring most of the ideas suggested here, provided I get to play as manaketes/laguz/taguel and Xane doesn't show up as a Shang Tsung clone. I'd prefer more realistic weapon interactions since I actually really like that kind of gameplay, but I must be honest with myself and admit I'd buy a FE fighting/action game no matter what.

Edited by The Legendary Falchion

I've thought up a quick roster for such a game. I decided to limit myself to four characters per game, with the exception of Jugdral where I have a total of nine due to the two generations and Thracia sharing a large portion of the same cast. Gaiden also only has 3 because I'm not really experienced with that game. Brings it up to 44 which is quite close to the current smash roster. Character choices ranged between who I think should be represented and whose moveset I thought might be interesting, trying to represent as many basic classes as possible too. Some characters would also be quite similar to each other. And just for fun I gave each character two possible weapons to use, either in tandem or as completely separate moveset. Don't know, it's just some ideas I'm kicking around. Tell me what you think.

FE1

Marth [Falchion, Nagi Falchion]

Shiida [Wing Spear, Lady's Sword]

Minerva [Hauteclere, Brave Axe]

Medeus [Earthstone, Dark Stone]

FE2

Alm

Celicia

Rudolf

FE3

Gharnef [imhullu, Swarm]

Hardin [silver Sword, Gradivus]

Tiki [Divine Stone, Fire Stone]

Xane[copy]

FE4 Gen 1

Sigurd [silver Sword, Tyfring]

Reptor [Thor Hammer, Levin Sword]

Alvis [FalaFlame,]

FE4 Gen 2

Seliph [silver Sword, Tyfring]

Yuria [Aura, Book of Naga]

Yurius [book of Loptyr, Meteor]

FE5

Leif [Light Sword, Blaggi Sword]

Finn [Finn's Lance, Brave Lance]

Evyle [Flame Sword, Ichval]

FE6

Roy [Rapier, Sword of Seals]

Zephiel [Eckesachs, Silver Sword]

Idoun [Apocalypse, Dragon Stone]

Cecila[Aircalibur, Foreblaze]

FE7

Eliwood [silver Lance, Durandal]

Hector [Wolf Beil, Armads]

Lyn [sol Katti, Murgleis]

Nergal [Ereshkigal, Fimbulveter]

FE8

Erikia [Rapier, Sieglinde]

Ephraim [Reginleif, Siegmund]

Lyon [Naglfar, Nosferatau]

Joshua [Killing Edge, Wao Do]

FE9

Ike [Ragnel, Urvan]

Black Knight [Alondite, Wishblade]

Ranulf [cat claw]

Shinon [brave Bow, Double Bow]

FE10

Micaiah [Thani, Purge]

Sothe [Kard, Baselard]

Yune [Rexcalibur, Judgement]

Sephiran [Creddyland, Goddess Staff]

FE13

Chrom [Exalted Falchion,]

Lucina [Parallel Falchoin,Nidhogg]

Robin [Thoron, Expire]

Walhart [Wolf Berg, Sol]

Edited by Jotari

Needs more sety, and maybe dew instead of Reptor to have a quick thief like unit. Agree with the rest.

Dang, now you have me hyped for the non-existant FE fighting game.

Damn your right. Sety or Levin will have to go in there somewhere. And I thought Sothe would fill the thief niche by himself. I decided on Reptor because I think an armored magic user could be a cool fighting style. Honestly I could specialize it even further and think of a purely Jugdral roster, those games have so many diverse and interesting characters.

Needs more Jagen units. They're pretty significant to the series. Also, Tellius without Soren and Elincia is lolwut. The latter is especially important there.

Edited by Anacybele

Jugdral without representation from Ayra/Larcei is criminal and you know it. Nino would also be a cool addition, and I agree it wouldn't hurt to have some Jagens. (At least the cool ones like Seth and Titania.)

Ugh, why do I get so excited over things that don't exist!?

Edited by Ambulz

I think maybe taking out one of the light users. Having four major ones is excessive especially with three in Radiant Dawn. It was pretty dire of me to neglect both Elincia and Soren. I think my thoughts were still on Jugdral by the time I got to that stage. Yune is a good idea but a poor choice really given everything else that's there. Maybe as Ashunera alternate costume for Michiah. And if I was to put in another Jugdral aside from Evyle it'd be Shanan because Balmung and holy weapons are awesome (and then we could get Shanam jokes).

Edited by Jotari

(At least the cool ones like Seth and Titania.)

Along with Frederick and Jagen himself (the original must be there, of course), these would be my picks as well.

Gonna revise that roster I wrote up in the Smash thread and this time group it by continent. Still gonna be 50 characters though, just like Smash Wii U/3DS (counting Mewtwo and grouping Miis as one character). I've also added FE if to the mix, considering that we do know a few names from there and that it exists.

Archanea:

1. Marth

2. Caeda

3. Jagen

4. Merric

5. Tiki

6. Minerva

Tellius:

7. Ike

8. Elincia

9. Micaiah

10. Black Knight

11. Soren

12. Titania

13. Ashnard

14. Ranulf

15. Sothe

Magvel:

16. Ephraim

17. Eirika

18. Seth

19. Lyon

20. Joshua

Elibe:

21. Eliwood

22. Lyn

23. Hector

24. Nergal

25. Marcus

26. Roy

27. Lilina

28: Zephiel

Jugdral:

29. Sigurd

30. Seliph

31. Finn

32. Leif

33. Arvis

34. Julius

35. Julia

Valencia:

36. Alm

37. Celica

38. Rudolf (because Jotari listed him. I know very little about FE: Gaiden myself. xP)

Ylisse/Valm:

39. Chrom

40. Robin

41. Frederick

42. Lucina

43. Validar (I'd prefer Gangrel, but Validar would be more unique compared to the other FE: Awakening peeps here and he's more significant to the plot)

44. Walhart

FE If:

45. Kamui

46. Dancer Girl (if she uses swords like Olivia does, otherwise, some other significant character not named here)

47. Max/Marx

48. Max/Marx's long spiky-haired battle opponent from the trailer

49. Jagen character (if it isn't Max/Marx, otherwise some other significant character not named here)

50. FE If final villain

I didn't add characters like Medeus and Idoun, because don't they transform into MASSIVE dragons like Grima?

I've thought up a quick roster for such a game. I decided to limit myself to four characters per game, with the exception of Jugdral where I have a total of nine due to the two generations and Thracia sharing a large portion of the same cast. Gaiden also only has 3 because I'm not really experienced with that game. Brings it up to 44 which is quite close to the current smash roster. Character choices ranged between who I think should be represented and whose moveset I thought might be interesting, trying to represent as many basic classes as possible too. Some characters would also be quite similar to each other. And just for fun I gave each character two possible weapons to use, either in tandem or as completely separate moveset. Don't know, it's just some ideas I'm kicking around. Tell me what you think.

FE1

Marth [Falchion, Nagi Falchion]

Shiida [Wing Spear, Lady's Sword]

Minerva [Hauteclere, Brave Axe]

Medeus [Earthstone, Dark Stone]

FE2

Alm

Celicia

Rudolf

FE3

Gharnef [imhullu, Swarm]

Hardin [silver Sword, Gradivus]

Tiki [Divine Stone, Fire Stone]

Xane[copy]

FE4 Gen 1

Sigurd [silver Sword, Tyfring]

Reptor [Thor Hammer, Levin Sword]

Alvis [FalaFlame,]

FE4 Gen 2

Seliph [silver Sword, Tyfring]

Yuria [Aura, Book of Naga]

Yurius [book of Loptyr, Meteor]

FE5

Leif [Light Sword, Blaggi Sword]

Finn [Finn's Lance, Brave Lance]

Evyle [Flame Sword, Ichval]

FE6

Roy [Rapier, Sword of Seals]

Zephiel [Eckesachs, Silver Sword]

Idoun [Apocalypse, Dragon Stone]

Cecila[Aircalibur, Foreblaze]

FE7

Eliwood [silver Lance, Durandal]

Hector [Wolf Beil, Armads]

Lyn [sol Katti, Murgleis]

Nergal [Ereshkigal, Fimbulveter]

FE8

Erikia [Rapier, Sieglinde]

Ephraim [Reginleif, Siegmund]

Lyon [Naglfar, Nosferatau]

Joshua [Killing Edge, Wao Do]

FE9

Ike [Ragnel, Urvan]

Black Knight [Alondite, Wishblade]

Ranulf [cat claw]

Shinon [brave Bow, Double Bow]

FE10

Micaiah [Thani, Purge]

Sothe [Kard, Baselard]

Yune [Rexcalibur, Judgement]

Sephiran [Creddyland, Goddess Staff]

FE13

Chrom [Exalted Falchion,]

Lucina [Parallel Falchoin,Nidhogg]

Robin [Thoron, Expire]

Walhart [Wolf Berg, Sol]

[spoiler=stuff]

FE4 1: No Dierdre! She's among the most important gen 1 folks! Also Lewyn.

FE6: Lilina is possibly among the most promoted non lords in the series. I'd pick her over Cecilia.

FE9: ...Why Shinon over Soren?

FE13: Why does Lucy use a bow from FE8?

Along with Frederick and Jagen himself (the original must be there, of course), these would be my picks as well.

Gonna revise that roster I wrote up in the Smash thread and this time group it by continent. Still gonna be 50 characters though, just like Smash Wii U/3DS (counting Mewtwo and grouping Miis as one character). I've also added FE if to the mix, considering that we do know a few names from there and that it exists.

Archanea:

1. Marth

2. Caeda

3. Jagen

4. Merric

5. Tiki

6. Minerva

Tellius:

7. Ike

8. Elincia

9. Micaiah

10. Black Knight

11. Soren

12. Titania

13. Ashnard

14. Ranulf

15. Sothe

Magvel:

16. Ephraim

17. Eirika

18. Seth

19. Lyon

20. Joshua

Elibe:

21. Eliwood

22. Lyn

23. Hector

24. Nergal

25. Marcus

26. Roy

27. Lilina

28: Zephiel

Jugdral:

29. Sigurd

30. Seliph

31. Finn

32. Leif

33. Arvis

34. Julius

35. Julia

Valencia:

36. Alm

37. Celica

38. Rudolf (because Jotari listed him. I know very little about FE: Gaiden myself. xP)

Ylisse/Valm:

39. Chrom

40. Robin

41. Frederick

42. Lucina

43. Validar (I'd prefer Gangrel, but Validar would be more unique compared to the other FE: Awakening peeps here and he's more significant to the plot)

44. Walhart

FE If:

45. Kamui

46. Dancer Girl (if she uses swords like Olivia does, otherwise, some other significant character not named here)

47. Max/Marx

48. Max/Marx's long spiky-haired battle opponent from the trailer

49. Jagen character (if it isn't Max/Marx, otherwise some other significant character not named here)

50. FE If final villain

I didn't add characters like Medeus and Idoun, because don't they transform into MASSIVE dragons like Grima?

I generally approve of this... but Tiki turns a big dragon too!

Idoun and Medeus are both way smaller than Grima.

Though myself, I'd prefer a Touhou Hisoutensoku size roster to a SSBM size.

So like 20-26

• Marth
  • Caeda
  • Alm
  • Celica
  • Sigurd
  • Seliph
  • Lief
  • Julia
  • Roy
  • Lilina
  • Eliwood
  • Hector
  • Lyn
  • Eirika
  • Ephraim
  • Ike
  • Micaiah
  • Chrom
  • Lucina
  • Robin
Edited by Glaceon Mage

FE4 1: No Dierdre! She's among the most important gen 1 folks! Also Lewyn.

FE6: Lilina is possibly among the most promoted non lords in the series. I'd pick her over Cecilia.

FE9: ...Why Shinon over Soren?

FE13: Why does Lucy use a bow from FE8?

No Dierdre because I decided to prioritize Yuria over here, mainly due to her using the Book of Naga. Though Dierdre does have the potential to use it, I just found Yuria to be the more important since she actually does use it and take down her brother. Having both would be cool. Also Lewyn I just forgot. I'm thinking of screwing balance and just giving Holy War and Thracia 12 characters combined.

Yeah Lilina is more important than Cecilia. Can't remember why add her. I made this list late at night the first night I made this thread so some of my logic may be flawed and or forgotten. I think my train of thought was Cecilia was Roy's teacher which is cool.

Shinon because I wanted to have a primary bow user in there. Not much more really.

Nidhogg appears in Awakening too but my main reason for giving it to her specifically is that I think it's the secondary weapon she uses in Project Steam so I thought why not keep that as a weapon. Not like she has any canon secondary weapon aside from maybe rapiers.

I generally approve of this... but Tiki turns a big dragon too!

Idoun and Medeus are both way smaller than Grima.

I don't think her form is as big as Idoun or Medeus though... And I didn't think those two were the same size as Grima, but still pretty damn big. My mistake though, I guess. xP