Support Convo Contest: Live 3 or Die Hard!

Snowy_One

5 members have voted

1. 1. Canon X Canon

• Haar X Sigrun
    • Kieran X Marcia
    • Jill X Leonardo
    • Lethe X Lyre
  2. 2. Canon X OC

• Boyd X Leo
    • Ike X Bryan
    • *Ricken X Lucas
    • Anna X Delswin
    • * Christine X Tharja
  3. 3. OC X OC

• *Samba X Torrel
    • Kiel X Keneth
    • Cheng X Syrus
    • * Christine X Robin
    • McDuff X Deckson
  4. 4. Runner Up! (please pick two. Not the same ones you picked above)

• Haar X Sigrun
    • Kieran X Marcia
    • Jill X Leonardo
    • Lethe X Lyre
    • Boyd X Leo
    • Ike X Bryan
    • *Ricken X Lucas
    • Anna X Delswin
    • *Tharja X Christine
    • *Samba X Torrel
    • Kiel X Keneth
    • Cheng X Syrus
    • *Christine X Robin
    • McDuff X Deckson

Oi! Hi everyone and welcome to Round 3 of the Support convo contest! If you wanna read the previous contests, well, here ya go!

Round 1: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53630

Round 2: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53873&page=1

In a nutshell the idea of these contests is to get you up and running on writing supports for fun, get some feedback to do better next time, sprinkle on a bit of competition, and above all else; HAVE FUN! While winning is nice there is no shame in losing at all.

Rules

Except for the underlined these rules are largely the same as last-time.

Post entries in spoilers.

The host CAN enter, but is subject to the same rules and deadline.
Write something new. If you made a support for Glaceon's RD support project, you can't use it.

If you wrote a pairing in the last topic, you can use the characters again, just not together. For example, if Cynthia participated in the next round, she could write Calill/Soren and Tauroneo/OC, but not Calill/Tauroneo again. In other words, you cannot reenter a support you have already written for a contest.

You can write one for each category; the categories are listed after the rules. Writing for every category is optional. You can enter with just one or two.

You can choose romantic or non-romantic. If you choose romantic, add an S support. Adding a support ending is optional, but recommended.

The levels in order: C, B, A, and S if romantic.

For each rank, each character should speak a minimum of two times. Just make it look like a support that would come from a game and you should be fine.

Keep canon characters at their established personality or close. I don't want things like...Shinon falling in love with a laguz. Or Tharja acting like Mother Teresa. You can tweak and add things, just don't go overboard.

You may include supports between characters from games with no supports.

Including brief descriptions of OCs is recommended, but not required.

After the deadline, a poll will be made. Vote for your favorite in each category and then three runners-up. No voting for yourself.

All votes will be visible.

All entries must use proper language. Netspeak like 'U' instead of 'you' is not allowed.

All text must be aligned to the left. Do not use the center.

Should there be a tie Runner-up votes will count as half an additional vote for determining the winner.

In addition, while not required, the following may help improve your vote totals.

1) Be sure to use punctuation properly. At the least periods should be present. This helps distinguishing sentences a lot.

2) Remember to exhibit personality traits, especially for OC's, to help people visualize them better.

3) When writing remember that this is a text-based medium. Writing something like *Brom enters the tent with a plate of food in hand for Ilyana* doesn't work well here.

Categories

Canon x Canon: Two canon characters that either don't have a support or come from a game without supports.

OC x Canon: One canon character and a character you made up. Your OC can be one you use in RPs, fanfics, romhacks, etc and they should fit in the FE world or at least a medieval fantasy setting. If you haven't used them in anything else yet/you create them strictly for this contest that's fine too.

OC x OC: Two characters you made up, again, they have to fit in the FE world or a medieval fantasy setting.

Deadline: June 17th, 12:00 A.M. EST (Eastern Standard Time).

Timer: http://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/20150617120000am/w2520/1/Support_Contest_3

And the topic is closed!

Additional Challenge

Not required in any way, shape, or form; but hopefully something to help nudge you along your way. People who do one of the three get a little * next to their name. Get two and you get **. Do all three and you get a *** when voting comes!

1) Two of the support convo's revolve around wildlife.

2) One of the support convo's involves drawings.

3) Two of the support convo's involve poor cooking skills.

Supports: Remember, every * next to the name indicated that they competed one of the additional challenges.

Canon X Canon

Haar X Sigrun

Kieran X Marcia

Jill X Leonardo

Lethe X Lyre

Canon X OC

Boyd X Leo

Ike X Bryan

*Ricken X Lukas

Anna X Delswin

* Tharja X Christine

OC X OC

*Samba X Torrel

Mcduff X Deckson

Kiel X Keneth

Cheng X Syrus

* Christine X Robin

Edited by Snowy_One

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the extra challenges. If I mention wildlife in two levels of the same support, does that count or does it have to be in two separate ones?

Hmm, I think people might prefer more than a week this time actually- I'm fine either way.

Not sure on the challenges (I do not relish the thought of more food themed supports), but your topic your call.

You still need to make a new timer. And you never answered my question about the extra challenges.

That's odd. I could have sworn I set a new one.

As for your question, the challenges are support-independent. If you have a C-rank Canon/Canon support revolving around drawings that support will get a *. But if you have an OC/OC support that does not mention drawings (or any of the other things) it will not get a star.

Also, 'involved' means more than a passing mention. They must actually be part of the support, even if it doesn't revolve around it.

Snowy, a question: Does this only apply with games that have supports, or can I invent a support for units from FE2/4/5?

OC x OC, Samba and Torrel.

Samba: Cat laguz, adopted brother to wyvern rider twins Cerai and Leo. Gray hair and gold eyes, has darker stripes on his tail, and looks like a gray tabby shifted.

Torrel: Tiger laguz, Gallian soldier. Golden blond with gray eyes. Shifted, she's a gold colored tiger. Burly like a typical tiger, somewhat resembles a male in the face.

On the fence about adding an S rank and romantic ending, decided to post it as is for now. Think I got the wildlife challenge done...

[spoiler=C level]

Torrel: Begone, filthy insect!

Samba: Yeah, the flies are terrible, aren't they?

Torrel: ...Oh, hello.

Samba: You don't sound very thrilled to see me.

Torrel: Sorry, I guess I should be more friendly to a fellow laguz.

Samba: Heh. I suppose I am a curious case. I can tell you why I hang around these beorc all the time, but it's a long story-ow! A fly just bit me!

Torrel: ...It's this heat. I should've brought some basil. Flies hate it.

Samba: The beorc have something that works even better. I don't know what's in it, and it's some strong smelling stuff, but it repels flies and mosquitoes like you wouldn't believe.

Torrel: You don't know what's in it and you still use it?

Samba: Why wouldn't I? It works. I can get you some.

Torrel: I think I'd rather go find some basil.

*Torrel leaves*

Samba: ...Well fine then. Whatever you prefer...

[spoiler=B level]

Torrel: Your name is Samba, right?

Samba: Yep! And from what I've been told, you're Torrel. A Gallian soldier.

Torrel: That is correct. Well...I'm curious. Why DO you hang around beorc all the time? Why did you leave Gallia...I assume you WERE born there...

Samba: I suppose you're willing to hear a long story?

Torrel: ...Yes.

Samba: Alright then. It all started when I was around ten years old. My parents took me on a hunting trip. We found a lone cow elk, looked like she was quite old, but would still feed a family of laguz for a good few months. This wasn't the first time I'd been hunting, but all the other times, it was smaller prey. I got excited and bolted, and the elk got spooked...we accidentally chased her across the Crimean border.

Torrel: Uh oh.

Samba: Exactly. A group of beorc showed up and accused us of stealing wild game. My parents tried to explain. They wouldn't listen. They attacked. One of them conked me on the head pretty hard. When I woke up, I was on a cot in a medical clinic...my parents were nowhere to be seen. There was a beorc priest and a couple with a set of young twins. I bet you can figure out the rest.

Torrel: ...They saved your life and you stayed with them?

Samba: Right. They adopted me. This should be obvious, but those twins are those two wyvern riders I'm always with. Their parents met a similar fate as mine did about five years ago...but that just strengthened our bond. We're family, we stick together.

Torrel: Wow. It never feels odd?

Samba: Not really. Beorc and laguz are more similar than they look. Really the only way I'm different in their eyes is that I defend myself with claws and teeth instead of metal weapons.

Torrel: But don't they age quicker? And...multiply faster?

Samba: Ha...they did seem to grow up fast, I admit. Believe it or not, we're actually pretty close to the same age level now. As for the latter...I expect there'll be little beorc whelps running around in maybe a couple years. They're beorc. Full of hormones...but you really can't blame them, they don't live as long.

Torrel: I suppose that's true.

Samba: Is your curiosity satisfied?

Torrel: Yes. And it's opened my eyes a bit...

Samba: Huh?

Torrel: I'll tell you some other time.

[spoiler=A level]

Samba: Look at you! You've come out of your shell!

Torrel: What?

Samba: I saw you give Kurt a race. He's constantly insisting his horse is part racehorse...seeing him try to keep up with a shifted tiger was pretty amusing.

Torrel: Oh, that. Yeah, I guess I have. I've learned that beorc can actually be fun to be around once you get to know them.

Samba: Yeah, so...remember when I told you my story and you said it opened your eyes a bit?

Torrel: And I told you I'd tell you another time? Yes. I think now is that time.

Samba: I'm all ears.

Torrel: I had a younger sister once. We inlisted in the Gallian military together, and one day we were stationed at Gebal. That was the day Daein attacked. We defended the best we could, but my sister got too cocky. She ran right up to the Daein commander, and instead of killing her, he drugged her with that potion that turns laguz feral and chained her up and took her away. Never saw her again. From that point forward I was convinced that beorc couldn't be trusted. That is until I met you and the beorc here.

Samba: The Mad King's War caused a lot of suffering everywhere...but it did result in Crimeans being more accepting of laguz. Laguz fought beside beorc and helped rebuild afterward. Hard to believe something that good can come out of something that bad.

Torrel: ...That is an interesting observation.

Edited by Dragoncat

Ooh, that was good! Really interesting! :o Torrel has some nice development there too.

Reminds me of Kiel's past too (one of my wolf laguz, if you remember). His parents were killed on a hunting trip as well, though exactly HOW isn't entirely known. Kiel saw them fall over a cliff after a wild wyvern tried to get the wild boar they were after. The wyvern went down with them. Then Kiel ran to the bottom to see if his parents were alright, and all he found were their corpses slashed up upon a riverbank. He's pretty sure that the wyvern did it, though he technically can't prove it. Still, every time he sees a dragon after this, the incident returns to haunt him and he's practically paralyzed with fear.

In fact, Kiel x Kenth should be a good OC x OC entry for me to do!

Edited by Anacybele

Allright, here is my OC x OC support, coming straight from the script of FE: Iron Demon!

McDuff is a Shironese knight. He is a gentle giant who can be quite strict with his comrades and shows no mercy on the battlefield. Doesn't talk much.

Deckson is the young Marquess Worde, having taken the throne very recently after his father was mortally wounded. Takes his duties seriously, but is otherwise quite laid back.

[spoiler= C support]

McDuff: ...

Deckson: Oi! You there! Are you McDuff?

Deckson: Inigo ordered me to stick with you.

Deckson: ...Ya don't talk much, do ya?

McDuff: ...I have no words for a man who abandons his people. Begone.

Deckson: Wait, what?

*McDuff leaves*

Deckson: Hey! Get back here! What are you talking about? The hell is going on?!

[spoiler= B support]

Deckson: There you are! I was looking for you!

McDuff: It’s you.

Deckson: Who were you expecting? Prince Zephiel? And I've got some questions for you, bucko! What were you talking about earlier?

McDuff: To what do you refer?

Deckson: You said something like "you abandoned your people" and the stormed off!

Deckson: What was that about?

McDuff: You are Marquess Worde, correct?

Deckson: Yeah, but I don't see what that has to do with--

McDuff: See my arm?

Deckson: Yeah, it's all brown and muscley and HOLY MOTHER OF SAINT ELIMINE THAT'S A LOT OF SCARS!

McDuff: Mm. Back in the day, I was one of the King Wuji's greatest knights. I was young and cocky, not unlike yourself. I had abandoned my post one day to flirt with a young woman. When I had gotten back to the village... I was too late. Marauders had already taken the village. Many innocent lives died that day. Since that day, every time I failed to protect someone, I gave myself a scarring wound on my right arm. Even as we speak, your homeland could be sharing the same fate. You should be with them.

Deckson: ...You don't understand a thing, do you?

McDuff: ...What?

*Deckson leaves*

[spoiler= A support]

McDuff: ...Are you ready to talk now?

Deckson: Yeah. You don't get it.

Deckson: You think I'm here for me? You think I'm just here for some joyride across the continent?

Deckson: My father was mortally wounded by the sorcerer Astaroth. Me and my kid brother Ranward were left all alone while he was left in a coma. Even as we speak, our best medics are trying to bring him back.

McDuff: ...I did not know.

Deckson: I have been the Marquess for less than a week now. Astaroth and the Terminators are a very real threat. And from what Inigo told me, unless I help him nip this in the bud now, both Elibe and Sanshiro alike are doomed.

Deckson: So tell me. What good would sitting on a throne right now do us?

McDuff: I see.

Deckson: I want to protect my family; my people. It means I have to leave for as long as it takes. And I'd do it again if it means saving Lycia from our enemies.

McDuff: I apologize.

Deckson: Come again?

McDuff: I thought you an immature child, but clearly you are wiser than your years, and a man of action to boot.

Deckson: ...Thank you. What's say we skin Astaroth's hide together?

McDuff: I would like that.

Since I mentioned Kiel/Kenth, I did it for my first entry! :)

Kenth is a red dragon laguz that is originally from Goldoa, but eventually left and became a soldier of another dragon nation. He's a womanizer and really hates scaring others with his dragon form. Kiel is a wolf laguz that, unfortunately for Kenth, has a pretty bad phobia of dragons due to some trauma from his past. I actually came up with the idea of them being friends a long time ago, as I used them both in RPs back then. These two appear in my fic, Dawn of Darkness, of course, and a couple events from it are mentioned in this. There are some big fic spoilers in here too, btw (including one about Bryan, one of the main characters and a Halberdier that sucks at keeping secrets. lol). I kind of couldn't avoid it to write this one. So yeah, read at your own risk. :P

Kiel/Kenth (OC x OC) Support Conversations

C Support

Kenth: Ah, it’s that red wolf laguz from earlier. I should apologize for scaring him… Hey! Your name’s Kiel, right?

Kiel: Huh? *turns around* AAAH! Not you again!

Kenth: Whoa! Relax, my friend! I’m not going to transform, at least not right now. It’s not necessary at the moment.

Kiel: Oh, w-well, okay. K-Kenth, right? And yeah, I’m Kiel. But don’t do that! Seriously!

Kenth: Heh, sorry. And yeah, name’s Kenth. I didn’t mean to scare you. And I didn’t mean to frighten you earlier either. I wanted to apologize for that. I had no idea you were so afraid of dragons.

Kiel: I-It’s alright. Like you said, you didn’t know. Just… Can you keep your distance? Sorry, it’s just that you still make me nervous. Heck, just being in a dragon nation makes me nervous!

Kenth: I see… Well, I’ll definitely be careful from now on. I don’t wish to keep scaring you. Between those scars you have on your right eye and the trauma you’ve gone through, it’d be wrong of me to cause you even more trouble.

Kiel: Ah, thanks… Hey, wait! How do you know about all that?! Bryan told you, didn’t he?! That blabbermouth can’t ever keep his mouth shut, even if he is the prince of the largest country on the continent!

Kenth: No, no, don’t worry, his highness didn’t say anything to me about it. Neither did anyone else, for that matter.

Kiel: Th-Then how did you find out?!

Kenth: Well, I saw it in your mind. We dragons can somewhat read the minds of others, much like other laguz can read the land or emotions. I sensed that you were a troubled person, so I kind of dug around. I was concerned after I had scared you.

Kiel: So you know everything?!

Kenth: N-No, no! Just a few details, dragons aren’t psychic or anything! I can only see that a fight resulted in your blind eye and that some sort of trauma from your past caused your fear of dragons. Sounds like your parents might have been killed by a dragon.

Kiel: Well, you still know too much! Now please leave me and my mind alone! *leaves*

Kenth: But… Wait! Kiel! I just…! Ah, damn it. Nice going, Kenth…

B Support

Kenth: Ah, Kiel. There you are.

Kiel: Hm? Oh. What do you want? To get in my head again? Or scare me some more?

Kenth: No! No, I swear. I haven’t done the mind reading since the first time. And I need to apologize…again. I shouldn’t have probed your mind without your permission. You were right, I did invade your privacy.

Kiel: You’re damn right you did! That stuff you found out is personal and sensitive! I didn’t even tell my sister the whole truth for many years!

Kenth: I…I see. But honest to the goddesses, I never meant any ill intentions. I wanted to help. I didn’t at all like scaring you with my dragon form the way I did.

Kiel: Then you could’ve just asked.

Kenth: I was afraid you’d run again… I’m really sorry.

Kiel: Oh… Right, that is understandable.

Kenth: I should’ve tried to ask you anyway though. And I should really tell you why I felt so bad about scaring you. You deserve to know after the trouble I’ve put you through.

Kiel: Well, I do admit to being curious. Even if your dragon form is still giving me the shivers every time I see it.

Kenth: Alright then. See, a long time ago, when I still lived in Tellius, I wandered into this village after chasing some bandits. I must’ve accidentally crossed the border into Gallia somewhere, as the residents were definitely beast laguz. I was still in dragon form, and I came across this little cat laguz girl. As soon as she saw me, she screamed and ran to who I assumed was her mother. Both called me a heartless monster for “frightening a helpless little girl like that.”

Kiel: Whoa… Sounds to me like they were seriously jumping to conclusions.

Kenth: Regardless, I felt absolutely terrible. And ever since, I’ve been absolutely terrified of scaring others away when I’m trying to help them. I don’t want to be thought of as a monster. I want to be thought of as a hero. And…well, a handsome and charming one to the ladies.

Kiel: Of course… But, I kind of know how you feel. The scars on my eye that you learned of? Sometimes people thought I looked frightening because of them too. I was always afraid of this happening. And I always wanted to protect the defenseless and for young cubs and warriors in training to look up to me as a hero, not think of me as an ugly beast.

Kenth: Heh, we’re alike in that way then! I like you, Kiel. And I still really wish to help you, you know. I won’t read your mind anymore though, I promise. And I assure you that you don’t need to fear me at all.

Kiel: Hm… I have been trying to conquer this fear. I guess you can help. What do you have in mind, though?

Kenth: Ah, I never thought you’d ask! One of Astryn’s villages isn’t far from camp. Let’s go hang out there for a bit! We might find some cute beorc women to charm too!

Kiel: W-What? But I’m not sure I—!

Kenth: Oh nonsense! This will be fun! And who knows, one or two girls might find your scars manly and badass rather than scary! You don’t know if you don’t try! Come on!

Kiel: H-Hey! You don’t have to pull me! What am I getting myself into…?

A Support

Kiel: Oh, Kenth. I was hoping to find you.

Kenth: Kiel! You were looking for me? That’s quite ironic there!

Kiel: Heh, it is, isn’t it? But I wanted to thank you.

Kenth: Oh? For what? I thought you were kind of uneasy about the trips into villages and such.

Kiel: I was a little… Talking to women like you do isn’t my thing, exactly. But your help has been valuable. Even in those villages, I was starting to have a good time. That one girl did actually like my scars! Even if the others said they looked hideous…

Kenth: Ah, I’m glad to hear it! And yeah, some folks are just spoilsports, you know? Don’t pay them any mind.

Kiel: Heh, right. Also, now…I no longer look at you with fear. Heck, I’ve seen you transform again to kill some enemy troops and I didn’t at all want to turn tail and run. I’m still jumpy around other dragons, but not you anymore.

Kenth: Really?

Kiel: *smiles* No joke, friend.

Kenth: Ah, that really pleases me! …And you just called me a friend too!

Kiel: I did! Heh, I never thought I’d make friends with a dragon. Nor did I ever think that I could easily brush off someone saying I looked ugly with these scars on my face. You’ve changed me a lot, Kenth. A lot of my troubles have been eased because of you.

Kenth: Wow, really? I’m glad! Really, I am. I myself didn’t think I could be your friend after how I messed up before! I had begun to think anyone I frightened away would never change their mind about me. But not this time! Ha! I’m not so worried about scaring others anymore!

Kiel: Yep! I still have a ways to go on conquering my fear completely, but I’m glad to have helped you too!

Kenth: Well, you just have to take things one step at a time, right? Speaking of which, I think the next step for you ought to be going for a ride on my back through the sky! What do you say? The view is lovely!

Kiel: W-What? Uh, I don’t know if I’m ready for that yet…

Kenth: Oh come on, it’ll be fun! I promise I won’t let you fall off either, cross my heart!

Kiel: Oh man…

(Oh, btw, the mind-reading thing for dragon laguz is an idea my co-author came up with)

Edited by Anacybele

Awesome job there! I'd think in Gallia they're aware of the dragon laguz though, but then again, a little kid would still find one scary, so that's no big deal. Not too sure about the mind reading though. I guess as long as you don't make it too op it's fine. And lol, "charm the beorc women"... he better not get too close to those, or else he'll lose his dragon form. Unless of course that doesn't happen in Altarais...

Nah, the whole laguz-lose-their-abilities thing still happens there too. No reason for it not to. But Kenth actually wouldn't care if he lost the ability to transform. He'd kind of like it, in fact, since he'd no longer be able to scare others with said transformation and all. And he wouldn't want to scare his child especially. He wouldn't go out of his way to lose his abilities though, they're still the only way he knows how to fight.

But glad you like this, Dcat! ^^

Okey, here's my OC x Canon. Includes some innuendo, but hopefully done in a way that's funny. You guys should know Leo by now, but if not, he's Cerai's twin brother. Frostbite is his wyvern.

Boyd x Leo

[spoiler=Level C]

Boyd: Yo, brother in law!

Leo: Ah, Boyd. What's up? Other than the sky...

Boyd: Very clever. I'd expect that from a flier. Anyway, I was thinking. I'm pretty good at standing my ground and kicking butt on well, the ground. Not as easy when the enemy is airborne. So...got time?

Leo: Sure, I've got time. Any reason why you chose me over Cerai though? Just because you're married doesn't mean you can't spar.

Boyd: I went to her first. She whomped me and wouldn't give me a rematch. Said she didn't want to give me any more road rash, told me to clean the rocks and dirt out of the scrapes on me and try again when I was more prepared. I drank a vulnerary though, and here I am.

Leo: Heh, okay. Let me go get Frostbite and I'll meet you in the field outside of camp.

*sound of weapons clashing followed by a thud*

Boyd: Dammit!

Leo: You almost had me, but you started aiming away from me...you want to get the riders, not the steeds.

Boyd: I thought hitting wings would be an effective strategy.

Leo: Maybe for bird laguz it is, but not otherwise. If you aim at the steed you're leaving yourself wide open, and the rider can hit you hard.

Boyd: I...see.

Leo: Just keep that in mind.

[spoiler=Level B]

Leo: I think you've won.

Boyd: Aww, come on! I still have plenty of energy left.

Leo: I do too, but first one to draw blood wins. I have to say, you're getting better at this.

Boyd: I am, aren't I! This calls for a celebration!

Leo: What do you expect me to do, give you a standing ovation and a medal?

Boyd: Nope. I hear the Bull and Stag has happy hour around this time. Come on! Drinks are on me!

Leo: Hey wait a minute-well I guess I'm going. Come on, Frostbite. I'll get you some elk steak...

[spoiler=Level A]

Boyd: You don't look happy.

Leo: Oh, finally sobered up? That's good, but do me a favor and stop taking lessons from Shinon.

Boyd: What? I wasn't that drunk.

Leo: Oh yes you were. You pointed me out and told the whole tavern: "See this guy here? I banged his sister!"

Boyd: You're kidding, right?

Leo: I wish I was!

Boyd: ...Ack. I'm sorry. I really need to learn to control my big mouth.

Leo: You need to not drink like a fish just because it's happy hour. But that too.

Boyd: I have a feeling I'm gonna be sleeping on the couch for a month...

Leo: Maybe. But I haven't told her.

Boyd: ...Serious?

Leo: Hey, what happens during men's night out stays there. I can't guarantee she won't hear it from someone else, but...

Boyd: Awesome. Thanks.

Leo: You're welcome. And apology accepted.