Dark Souls III

B.Leu

*sigh*
I want a PS4. :-(
I wonder if I could get one for Christmas.

So, this new DS will be apparently 'more apocalyptic' which is saying something when you know what DS is, there is lot and lot of cinder, and there's something that look like the Giant Lord at the end.
And there is bleeding sun. Not spooky at all. :p

I want it. So. Much. Edited by B.Leu

Yeah the release of this being so soon is rather worrisome but with Miyazaki as the lead director it should still be a great game, definitely better than DS2. As long as they give a PC release for this like DS2 though I'll be satisfied. I cant be bothered to get a PS4 just for one or 2 games

I wasn't actually expecting another Souls game, but I'm not complaining. I want a PS4 for some other games anyway, so I might even get this one on console if it releases first there.

As long as they give a PC release for this like DS2 though I'll be satisfied. I cant be bothered to get a PS4 just for one or 2 games

At the end it shows Steam alongside XBox One and PS4.

At the end it shows Steam alongside XBox One and PS4.

Oh really? Hah shows how observant I am lol

Kind of a sad note that this was also announced to be the final Dark Souls game. I really like the dark fantasy genre of the games, not a fan of bloodborne. The mechanics are nice but the setting isn't for me

Edited by Poledoo

The PS4 really start to shine in my eyes. Enough to justify the torture of my wallet. :p

DaveControl's interviewed Miyasaki, here's the video.

No picture of the game though, talking about what he learnt, good artworks, Dave's awesome choices of music, and his sexy voice/face. You know it's true.

Not many info, but they are interesting. Well, I got the impression that it will be what DS2 would've been if it was created by Miyazaki. Not that I'm saying that DS2 is bad, let's be clear.

New fighting stances and it's apparently like the trick weapon in blooborne, Dave is not exactly sure. Praise the sun gesture is back, Dragon at the beginning of the game DS1-style to screw you up who is apparently a STONE dragon. Abyss-looking monsters. You can use a torch like in DS2. Dave's theorizes that there might not be any fog gate like in bloodborne. Miyazaki apparently don't know what soul memory is, but they want to do something arround soul level. The lore will be vague and still be up to players interpretation. YAY ! :D

The multiplayer aspect is complicated, I can't quite understand it damn my english. :/

LordS of cinder, Apparently, the Giant Lord we see in the trailer is one. Miyazaki said that Lord of Cinder is a title for those who burned themselves into the first flame. (Suck it Gwyn. :p)

There is also some nice theorizing from Dave about it.

So yeah, lot of interesting stuff.

Edited by B.Leu

after the disappointment that was DS2 i am a little worried and will probably watch a lets play and see how the PvP scene develops before i buy. Also the game getting announced this soon after Bloodborne makes me worry that the B team is working on it again.

Eh, I though DS2 was good, not as cruel as DS1 though. Then again, I never ever touched the PVP, I don't have Xbox live gold. I let you imagine how painful it was to max the covenant I could without it.

No wonder they were saying 'Bloodborne was only possible on PS4', it looks much more fun with PVP.

Edited by B.Leu

I never play PvP, and I thought DS2 was pretty good and much better mechanically than DS1, but not as good of a game overall. It's hard to match places like Blighttown and Anor Londo.

• 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Masg_4Hhl0

New video made by Dave Control.
There's apparently a new 'gauge' that allow you use something called 'Sword Arts', by exemple, the Sword Art of the GreatSword immune to stun and to do a super-attack, the long-sword have a powerfull guard-breaking attack.

Dave seems confused, in fact, he's not really sure.: The shield will apparently determine if you can parry,or use a Sword Art. If there is a sword icon next to your shield, it's for Sword Art, if it's a shield icon, it's for parry. There's also apparenly a bigger shield icon.
Dave believe that small shield will be for parry, but large shield will be for Sword Art , but it may vary

The parry seem more like Dark Souls 1.

Similar to Bloodborne, your R2 attack is a 'charged' attack.

The ennemies seems to be smarter and unpredictable than in previous games. Dave talk about a Knight similar to the one from Demon's Soul (That I haven't player), if you try to backtab him in a too obvious manner, he'll actually bash you with his shield.

There's also seem to gave a lot of mobs, making it (even more) harder to run past them. There's notably 'Bell' ennemy that can wake them and make them aggro you.

Hm, Dave doesn't seem to like the game design. I'll let you see at 10:41, the game seem more open-world, with a lot of dead end with nothing, maybe it's just because it's Alpha phase It does seem annoying however.

There's a iron voldo wielding a fire-sword, the demo was supposed to end after bearing him, but Dave died at the same time, thus he broke the game and could continue to play. :o

Hm, no news of any healing items other than the Estus Flask, Dave don't know if there's anything else. He had 10 Estus during the demon.

One thing I have to say, the fighting seem to be so, so, so awesome.

Edited by B.Leu

• 2 months later...

I'm a dipshit. I got selected for the beta test this weekend, but you need the original registration code - which got deleted after I received the email because it went straight to my emails spam folder. Apparently a decent amount of people had this happen, too.

Even though this isn't related to III, I just wanted to say that I love II, I feel like it gets a bad rap. It's far from perfect imo, but playing it for the first time and nearing endgame (I only do PvE, and decided to go with a STR-based tank just to mix it up from how I played 1), I think it's been amazing. I definitely like it aesthetically more than 1, and even though I think the area design was better in 1, there's still some really genius design in II. The core gameplay/combat is better as well, I think.

I'm a dipshit. I got selected for the beta test this weekend, but you need the original registration code - which got deleted after I received the email because it went straight to my emails spam folder. Apparently a decent amount of people had this happen, too.

Hey, I actually managed to get it, should be able to play in a couple hours.

To the above, that isn't exactly correct:

http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-3-isnt-the-last-in-the-series-but-is-a-turning-point/