Release hype thread

VincentASM

I don't really consider myself part of the otaku sub-culture, but I am exposed to anime enough that I'm used to Tsubaki being spelled with a T. Seeing it spelled Subaki is just...weird to me.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, concubines are basically personal prostitutes that rich people used to have. Looks like Garon had some kind of harem!

EDIT: Ninja'd countless times

Ahhhh, alright. Thanks.

But isn't that telling? Look at some of the name changes that are frankly speaking ridiculous.

Cyrus into Silas?

Xander into Marx?

And my personal favorite Tsubaki into Subaki? Why? We have the word Tsunami. Was someone going to read it T-Sue-baki?

Cyrus into Silas is a legitimate translation, I've read, and Silas is his name internally. It's just that we interpreted it wrong to begin with.

Marx into Xander is understandable since this is post-Cold War USA we're talking about.

Tsubaki into Subaki.... I don't really have an explanation for that, other than they might have been trying to make it obvious that he wasn't female? After all there is a well known female anime character named Tsubaki in Soul Eater. And if they're really trying to get the anime crowd by adding VN aspects, they possibly thought it'd differentiate him?

So FE14 is FE1 and FE7's plot all over again wth complexity? Not even surprised. At least the writer is going good. Also, I'd like to say that Amie is not only optional, but the explicit lines only show up for those characters when you S rank them. Otherwise it is their normal, platonic lines.

From the most recent Iwata asks, the writer did 500 pages for what became the Hoshido side. (Also, he was the one who suggested My Castle should have online functionality.)

Also, did you mean "doing good"?

To be honest, I was uncomfortable with the face touching thing before the S-lines were even out which just made me feel more uncomfortable. I do think the function may be removed altogether or have a lot of the lines removed. That said, I don't feel the system is completely optional as a lot of facts that the characters say about themselves are only from that one mode.

I mean, Hoshido was even said in the advertising to have a plot similar to older FEs, like FE1. I don't see the FE7 parallel though.

Mikoto screwed an ancient dragon. FE7 parallel right there (Nergal and Aenir).

Cyrus into Silas is a legitimate translation, I've read, and Silas is his name internally. It's just that we interpreted it wrong to begin with.

This is nitpicking your wording super-hard, so, apologies in advance; however, Cyrus isn't a wrong translation. Both Silas and Cyrus are correct, since they both have the same sounds aside from l/r, which isn't differentiated in Japanese. We simply took the opposite interpretation from Nintendo's.

Question:

it says another concubine a lot, yeah? So... The Nohr kids all have different moms, with Marx being the only one of the queen? Is Aqua still their sibling? Is Aqua possibly the only one with a shared mother on the Nohr side? Questions, questions!

Non-question

So then, Kamui is step-sibling to the Hoshido siblings, and the adoptive sibling of the Nohr children, who are all half-siblings to each other?

Alright, so I combined everything I was able to translate so far into one post for your convenience. I'm unable to translate the remaining 3 passages right now though, sorry.

No.000 異邦の古代詩 The Ancient Nations

siro demo kuro demo nai ryuu ha

白でも黒でもない竜はT
The dragon that was neither white nor black

mirai no jibun wo sitteita

未来の自分を知っていた

Knew of its future self

onore ga kemono ni narihatete

己が獣に成り果てて

It knew that once it became a monster

fuujirareru no wo sitteita

封じられるのを知っていた

It would be sealed away

siro demo kuro demon nai ryuu ha

白でも黒でもない竜は

The dragon that was neither white nor black

mittu no yogen wo uta suru

3つの予言を歌する

Conveyed three prophecies in a song

dareka ni korosite morautame

誰かに殺して貰うため

In order to be killed by someone

No.004 竜と人.前 The Dragons and the People – Beginning (前 means 'before', so I think it fits?)

katute ryuu haa tagai ni aiarasoi

かつて竜は互いに相争い

In earlier times dragons fought each other

hito ni ti wo atae onoga tegoma to sita

人に地を与え己が手駒とした

They granted land to the people and became their pawn

ti wo eta hito ha ou to nari

地を得た人は王となり

The people who were granted land became Kings (sounds weird but this is what it says literally...)

sono itizoku ha ouzoku to natta

その一族は王族となった

One of the clans became the Royal Family

nagai saigetu ga sugi

長い歳月が過ぎ

Long years passed

ryuu ha jojo ni kurui

竜は徐々に狂い

The dragon increasingly became corrupt (actually I'm not sure if it's just one dragon or dragons in general, damn u Japanese language)

kemono no syoudou ni sihai sareta

獣の衝動に支配された

And was a prisoner of its instincts (like Kamui in that one cutscene... ?)

No.005 竜と人.後 The Dragons and the People - End

ryuu ha kurui kara nogareru tame

竜は狂いから逃れる為

The dragons, in order to escape insanity

nikutai wo sute seirei to natta

肉体を捨て精霊となった

Threw away their (mortal) bodies and became spirits

kakusite ryuu ha kiesari

隠して竜は消え去り

Hid themselves and vanished

sekai ha hito no mono to natta

世界は人の物となった

The world became that of the people

daga nikutai wo sutezu

だが肉体を捨てず

However, there were dragons

sekai ni todomatta ryuu mo ita

世界に留まった竜もいた

Who were unable to throw away their (mortal) bodies

So basically, there were dragons who wanted to remain in the human world (hello Ninian and Nils).

No.006 王家の血.前 – The Royal Family's Blood - Beginning

siro no ouji oujo ha sumeragi ou to ikona ouhi no ko

白の王子王女はスメラギ王とイコナ王妃の子

The white prince and princess (= Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura) were King Sumeragi and Queen Ikona's children

kuro no ouji oujo ha garon ou no ko

黒王子王女はガロン王の子

The black prince and princess (= Marx, Camilla, Leon, Elise) were King Garon's children

daiiti ouji ha ekateriina ouhi no ko

第一王子はエカテリイナ王妃の子

The first prince was Queen Ecaterina's child

daiiti oujo ha sokusitu no ko

第一王女は側室の子

The first princess was the child of a concubine (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT)

daini ouji ha betu no sokusitu no ko

第二王子は別の側室の子

The second prince was another concubine's child

daini oujo ha mata betu no sokusituz no ko

第二王女はまだ別の側室の子

The second princess was yet another concubine's child (Garon pls)

So... Marx, Leon, Camilla and Elise are the half-siblings.... what.

No.007 王家の血.後 The Royal Family's Blood - End (後 literally means 'after', I translated it as end tho)

anya ni kadowakasaresi mikoto joou no

暗夜に拐かされしミコト女王の

The child of Queen Mikoto that was captured by Anya (Nohr)

osanago ha byakuya no tisuji ni arazu

幼子は白夜の血筋にあらず

Was neither of the Byakuya (Hoshidan) lineage

sumeragi ou no ko ni arazu

スメラギ王のこにあらず

Nor King Sumeragi's child

osanago no makoto no titi ha haidora

幼子の真の父はハイドラ

The child's true father was Hydra

osango ha haidora to mikoto no ko

幼子はハイドラとミコトの子

The child was Hydra's and Mikoto's child

Edited by Izzy

Gggggaaaaah, Classical Japanese is the bane of my existence. I managed to translate the last part however. Interesting...

No.007 王家の血.後 The Royal Family's Blood - End (後 literally means 'after', I translated it as end tho)

anya ni kadowakasaresi mikoto joou no

暗夜に拐かされしミコト女王の

The child of Queen Mikoto that was captured by Anya (Nohr)

osanago ha byakuya no tisuji ni arazu

幼子は白夜の血筋にあらず

Was neither of Hoshidan lineage

sumeragi ou no ko ni arazu

スメラギ王のこにあらず

Nor King Sumeragi's child

osanago no makoto no titi ha haidora

幼子の真の父はハイドラ

The child's true father was Hydra

osango ha haidora to mikoto no ko

幼子はハイドラとミコトの子

The child was Hydra's and Mikoto's child

So basically Mikoto fucked the spirit of the Hydra and it produced Kamui?

This is nitpicking your wording super-hard, so, apologies in advance; however, Cyrus isn't a wrong translation. Both Silas and Cyrus are correct, since they both have the same sounds aside from l/r, which isn't differentiated in Japanese. We simply took the opposite interpretation from Nintendo's.

Yeah, that was poor phrasing on my part. I meant that we interpreted it "wrong" from what Nintendo intended it to be read as. I've been watching streams pretty much nonstop between helping a friend out for her wedding on saturday and have only gotten like 6 hours sleep total the past two days ^^;

This is probably completely off-topic from what's being discussed currently, but I just had a thought.

If

Kaze has a scripted death,

then

where does Midoriko come from? Or would you only be able to get her before Kaze dies?

FE1 is what introduced Dragon Degeneration, FE7 dragons just couldn't maintain their forms at all, FE1 dragons could stay in dragon form, but went crazy.

The guy was specifically asking about an FE7 parallel, so I gave him the only semi-obvious one.

I never said anything about FE1.

Question:

it says another concubine a lot, yeah? So... The Nohr kids all have different moms, with Marx being the only one of the queen? Is Aqua still their sibling? Is Aqua possibly the only one with a shared mother on the Nohr side? Questions, questions!

Non-question

So then, Kamui is step-sibling to the Hoshido siblings, and the adoptive sibling of the Nohr children, who are all half-siblings to each other?

In both Leon's and Elise's case, it says 別の側室 which translates into 'another concubine', however I'm also not sure if that means two concubines or one that mothered both. I'm guessing three concubines though... Damn, Garon.

This is probably completely off-topic from what's being discussed currently, but I just had a thought.

If

Kaze has a scripted death,

then

where does Midoriko come from? Or would you only be able to get her before Kaze dies?

As a lot of people said

You can prevent some scripted deaths by doing certain actions in battles

The guy was specifically asking about an FE7 parallel, so I gave him the only semi-obvious one.

I never said anything about FE1.

I accept your answer to the question I asked, though it wasn't quite the question I meant - that's my bad. What I meant was more along the lines of "how is this entirely the same plot as FE7?"

I accept your answer to the question I asked, though it wasn't quite the question I meant - that's my bad. What I meant was more along the lines of "how is this entirely the same plot as FE7?"

It's not. I believe that it was said that Fates is a combination of FE1's and FE7's plot, with more complexities. I don't believe it was said it was exactly like either.

Edited by The DanMan