Release hype thread

VincentASM

A little bit of localization isn't a bad thing.

You can all live without a couple of those lines in Fire Emblem Amie and an S-rank or two being changed to "companions" again.

I would like to object. Those Amie lines make the characters more interesting! Somehow... In some way...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of localization isn't a bad thing.

You can all live without a couple of those lines in Fire Emblem Amie and an S-rank or two being changed to "companions" again.

Just because I can live with something doesn't make it a good thing. This is what the game was made with, and it's what we should get when it's translated.

So....having missed the last 50 or so pages...

Mikoto got freaky with a Dragon Ghost thingy and out popped Kamui from that little tyrst? So...this makes him/her half-sibling to the Hoshido siblings and incest still FTW?

No, because Mikoto isn't the mother of the Hoshidan siblings; apparently Sumeragi had them already before he and Mikoto married.

With Maurice running Elfie/Arthur defense stance it's giving me flashbacks to the first Nohr streamer: "AHAHA! -dink-" @_@

Is this the chapter where the streamer was stuck? It seems kinda difficult, even for easy normal mode.

I just really hope the conditions required to save certain characters from plot deaths won't be too bad :( I'm super nervous now.

Also hoping to see more translated dialogue/supports from Leon @-@

I would like to object. Those Amie lines make the characters more interesting! Somehow... In some way...

In ways we can all live without.

....Fine.

In ways some of us can live without.

Just because I can live with something doesn't make it a good thing. This is what the game was made with, and it's what we should get when it's translated.

That can go both ways, though. I can live with some of those things, but I don't see them as a good thing.

It's worth mentioning that those things clearly weren't made with certain audiences in mind.

Edited by Zachmac

I see, thanks for the clarifications. Although Jakob still gets a reasonable amount of XP.

That's the confusing part. That and that Elise can promote to maid... And Rod Knight losing mount after promotion with was already stupid in Awakening

Maybe pre-promote (or promoted) exp doesn't get as big penalty as before to keep characters viable?

Edited by Sylphid

Sorry that these are all over the place, but some parts are fairly easy to translate and others are ??????????? to me.

No.004 竜と人.前 Dragons and people – Beginning (前 means 'before', so I think it fits?)

katute ryuu haa tagai ni aiarasoi

かつて竜は互いに相争い

In earlier times dragons fought each other

hito ni ti wo atae onoga tegoma to sita

人に地を与え己が手駒とした

They granted land to the people and became their pawn

ti wo eta hito ha ou to nari

地を得た人は王となり

The people who were granted land became Kings (sounds weird but this is what it says literally...)

sono itizoku ha ouzoku to natta

その一族は王族となった

One of the clans became the Royal Family

nagai saigetu ga sugi

長い歳月が過ぎ

Long years passed

ryuu ha jojo ni kurui

竜は徐々に狂い

The dragon increasingly became corrupt (actually I'm not sure if it's just one dragon or dragons in general, damn u Japanese language)

kemono no syoudou ni sihai sareta

獣の衝動に支配された

And was a prisoner of its instincts (like Kamui in that one cutscene... ?)

Edited by Izzy

...You understand, they WILL censor it. And surely I'm not the only person of the opinion who wants the innuendos and dating sim aspects out of my Fire Emblem?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just cut skinship entirely, nor would I mind.

Wow, one of the streamers is doing a poll between Marx and Leon. They constantly keep on switching from 1st place and 2nd place. This is hilarious.

Witness the chaos: http://strawpoll.me/4730388/

People on the livestream are going crazy over this XD

Leon's got the 10% lead. Looking like the Obama/Romney poll results at the moment.

Edited by The DanMan

That can go both ways, though. I can live with some of those things, but I don't see them as a good thing.

It's worth mentioning that those things clearly weren't made with certain audiences in mind.

I don't really want to get in to this argument, again, because frankly it never goes anywhere. Point is, I want this game, not some watered down, butchered version of it with a bunch of optional features removed because some people might not like it.

Edited by capmalachi

This may seem like an odd question, but how powerful are Generals/Great Knights in this game? Like in Awakening on Lunatic I would train Kellam up, promote him to General, and could just send him off and all the attacks would just *dink* off of him. Kinda did the same with Gilliam on Sacred Stone Hard Mode, to a lesser extent.

Sorry if this was answered before, but does anyone know if we can S-Support the Nohr siblings on the Hoshido route? And vice-versa?

Nope, you can only recruit the siblings in their own path, and probably the third one

Sorry if this was answered before, but does anyone know if we can S-Support the Nohr siblings on the Hoshido route? And vice-versa?

Yes to both.

EDIT: I misread. Sylphid is correct.

Edited by Skarthe

I don't know what to think of skin ship. I wouldn't care much if it was censored, but it's something that'd be very easy for me to ignore if they did bring it over. Maybe they should just bring it over, but not let you touch the "lower regions" or something.

I'm not crying over that either way.

I don't really want to get in to this argument, again, because frankly it never goes anywhere. Point is, I want this game, not some watered down, butchered version of it with a bunch of optional features removed because some people might not like it.

Changing a line here and there to make it more appropriate for a western argument is not necessarily the same as butchering it, but alright, I'll stop arguing.

Edited by Zachmac

...You understand, they WILL censor it. And surely I'm not the only person of the opinion who wants the innuendos and dating sim aspects out of my Fire Emblem?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just cut skinship entirely, nor would I mind.

Leon's got the 10% lead. Looking like the Obama/Romney poll results at the moment.

I'm sad at the same time. Leon fans must be rallying votes from somewhere. They was equal at first. But now Leon is outclassing Marx by a lot.

This sound pretty entitled, while I don't support the incest in this game, I do want all the innuendos and perversions included. It's part of their character, Jakob without his lewd remarks make him a lot less interesting to me. Remove the ability to marry Sakura and Elise, I'd wouldn't bat an eye and probably find it reasonable but I would like to keep some of these funnier albeit weird aspects of the game in.

I think we all should accept censoring is going to happen unfortunately. Aside from that all the new game mechankcs that some fans are upset about were probably put in because majority rules. Looking at what's popular in gaming, it's inevitable that Fire Emblem is evolving with the times.

That said it's obvious two games were created in an effort to placate fans which are predominantly split between 'New' vs 'Old'. Again whether this is a good thing or not remains a moot point that is ultimately irrelevant.

Sex as a gimmick no matter how implied or double entendre sells and that ultimately is the point.