Zera's Top 10 Wii Games

Zera

Greetings, folks. This is my personal Top 10 Wii Games list, specially curated from the Wii games I've played. And no, I didn't play Xenoblade Chronicles.

10. Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Epic Yarn is an easy game, but it's very enjoyable thanks to its creative and varied levels, and hands-down the most adorable presentation of any Wii game. Epic Yarn gives you warm fuzzy feelings, and is one of the few Wii games that can truly be enjoyed by anyone.
9. Rayman Origins
Some people put New Super Mario Bros. Wii in their "Top 10 Wii Games" lists, and I am not one of those people. Rayman Origins copies a lot from NSMBU, but with much more challenge, a vibrant presentation, and better multiplayer, I consider it a superior game.
8. Sonic Colors
What could be a more fun setting than an amusement park in space? With an amazing presentation, well-designed and replayable levels, and a complete lack of killer flaws, Sonic Colors is perhaps the best Sonic game to appear on a Nintendo console.
7. Kirby's Return to Dreamland
A conglomeration of everything great about Kirby platfomers. Whether you're a Kirby fan or not, and whether you have friends to play with or not, Return to Dreamland is pure, unadulterated fun from start to finish. If only it had more levels, it would've been higher on this list.
6. Donkey Kong Country Returns
With over 70 challenging, distinct levels, and a variety of ways to play them (collectibles, time trial, hard mode), this is the meatiest 2D platformer on the Wii. The presentation is also top notch. DKCR strongly supports the theory that everything touched by Retro Studios turns to gold.
5. Pandora's Tower
Pandora's Tower is a memorable action-adventure game with a dark story and unique mechanics. Fans of Majora's Mask, Shadow of the Colossus, Castelvania, and other unique games should definitely check out this one. However, don't buy the North American version, which has a terrible glitch that ruins the experience.
4. Rodea the Sky Soldier
You won't find this game on any other "Top 10 Wii Games" list because it released in 2015. Furthermore, it is only available as a bundle-bonus with first-print copies of the notoriously inferior Wii U port. However, Rodea is worth playing on the Wii, as it takes many of the best elements of Sonic the Hedgehog and combines them with an original "point-and-fly" mechanic to create something unique.
3. Okami
As GamesRadar will tell you, "you suck if you don't play Okami". It takes the template of The Legend of Zelda in a unique direction, and has one of the coolest art styles ever. While Okami originally released for the PS2, using the Wii remote's pointer to control the celestial brush greatly improves the flow of the game, making the Wii version superior.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
While Twilight Princess has a very slow tutorial and is essentially "Ocarina of Time 2.0", it is the most refined 3D Zelda game to date. It's the most epic Zelda as well - after 50 hours of adventuring in Hyrule, you won't be wont for more. And just like Okami, the Wii version has exclusive features that make it the definitive one.
1. Super Mario Galaxy / Super Mario Galaxy 2
By setting Galaxy in space with unique gravity mechanics, Nintendo removed the limitations of not only their creativity, but the platforming genre itself. The result is a game so inventive that even people who don't like platformers have admitted to enjoying it. If that's not a sign of quality, then I don't know what is.
0. Metroid Prime Trilogy
Three acclaimed first-person adventure games crammed into one disc, with improved controls, extra features, a steel case, and an art booklet. It's one of the best game collections in the universe! I think all three Prime games are excellent, but if nothing else, Metroid Prime Trilogy will give you more single-player bang for your buck than any other Wii title.
-1. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
It's a short game, lasting only 3-5 hours, but those hours contain so much action, so many memorable boss battles, and so much strategy with the scoring system, that the replay value is through the roof. Despite being virtually perfect in both design and execution, and being published by Nintendo themselves, Star Successor didn't even sell half a million copies. If "overlooked" is a selling point to you, then Star Successor should be flying into your Wii's disc drive at the speed of light.

Honorable Mentions: These games didn't make my list, but they were in consideration for at least 10 seconds.

Spoiler

A. Kirby's Dream Collection
THE perfect gift for the Kirby fan in your life. Even if they own every game in this collection, it still has exclusive challenge levels and other content.
B. Link's Crossbow Training
A gallery shooter set in the world of Twilight Princess. Really short, but really fun, and it's absurdly cheap nowadays.
C. Red Steel 2
Want to use your Wii Motion Plus to wield a sword and gun in first-person? Want to see the most improved sequel ever? Like the combat in Skyward Sword? If you answered yes to any of these, you should play Red Steel 2.

Edited by Zera

Red Steel 2 is great, as a left handed player it was refreshing to use the motion plus and have it work perfectly. I agree with your list and I love Okami, TP( I am looking forward to TPHD) and Pandora's Tower.

I heard that the Murphy sections in Rayman Legends muck it up, so I haven't played it. I'd probably play Origins first anyways. I should mention, however, that nearly all the games on my list have some form of multiplayer. The multiplayer in Return to Dreamland is also excellent.

My opinion of your opinion is inside this spoiler tag. OPINIONCEPTION!

10. Kirby's Epic Yarn

Haven't played, I'm interested, I may play one day.

9. Rayman Origins

I played it and beat it BUT not on the Wii. Regardless, this is one of the finest modern platformers I've played and I agree with you on your reasons as to why you thought it was better than New Super Mario Bros.

8. Sonic Colors

Haven't played, I'm a bit interested, I dunno when but I wanna play it one day as my return to the Sonic series.

7. Kirby's Return to Dreamland

I played it, haven't beaten it or gotten that far. I like it, it's a bit easy for my taste but I enjoyed it, especially when I played it in multiplayer. I may get back into it one day.

6. Donkey Kong Country Returns

I played, haven't beaten it but gotten far enough to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this challenging platformer, it's a really fun and deep game when you get into it, one day I'll beat it and Tropical Freeze

5. Pandora's Tower

Haven't played it nor am I that interested, it just looked like any other JRPG to me with nothing that sets it apart, but since you liked I'll look into it some more one day and see what makes it special, then I'll decide if I'll give it a chance.

4. Rodea the Sky Soldier

Haven't played it but I've read your review, I still don't know what to think about the game and I probably won't until I decide to start playing Sonic again.

3. Okami

Haven't played, had it shelved for something like half a year, I will play it, I promised myself that. Since the period of big games releasing has stopped by the end of last year I know I will finally start playing it, I may even do it tomorrow who knows?

2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

I played it and beat it, I disagree about it being the best 3D Zelda, I think it's inferior to every other 3D Zelda including Skyward Sword. But I do agree that it's set of dungeons is probably the best in the series, and the game as a whole is indeed epic! I liked everything about the game not including the twilight realm fetch quests you had to do as wolf Link and the slow intro. For why I don't like it as much as the others is a topic for another day but I think the game was great.

1. Super Mario Galaxy / Super Mario Galaxy 2

I played them and finished them. Both of these games are masterpieces in 3D Platforming and a testament to what Nintendo can still do, they're colorful, creative and very well designed.

0. Metroid Prime Trilogy

I played them all, I finished them all, and I talked very extensively about them all in my reviews, scoring them a 10, 8 and 9 respectively. This trilogy is the best value package I ever bought, featuring three gorges games with stunning visuals, immersive sound, great controls and engaging gameplay. The Metroid Prime trilogy is ace.

-1. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor

I played it, I finished it and I talked extensively about it too, I thought the game played well and was overall very well designed. It's not my favorite Wii game but I still can easily put it in my own top 10 if I ever make one.

Honorable Mentions:

A. Kirby's Dream Collection

Haven't played it and don't know anything about it besides seeing it at a store once, not too interested at the moment.

B. Link's Crossbow Training

Haven't played it and it never appealed to me, I'm not a big gallery shooter fan whether it has Zelda in it or not.

C. Red Steel 2

I played, I haven't beaten it or gotten that far. I played it many years ago and never touched it since but I remember how much I enjoyed it for its implementation of motion controls.

That's all of what I think, you should play Xenoblade Chronicles it's my personal favorite Wii game and one of my favorite games of all time, definitely top 3 material.

Man, I regret not buying Sin and Punishment 2 right on release. I mean, I liked the first one but it was still quite clunky in a lot of ways. It was not the kind of game that I would be willing to pay full price for, so I hesitated to buy sequel. When I finally got to play it, I was blown away by just how good it plays. It's like the Wii Remote was made for this game. The game surpasses it's predecessor in every way, with more spectacular bosses, more levels and an ungodly difficulty level. And the Tag mode is very fun once you unlock it.

Edited by BrightBow