Bond Units: Stat Caps

Roflolxp54

It appears that Bond Units have their own stat cap modifiers.

In the screenshot below, I have a bond unit has Dark Mage has her starting class and has Sol as her personal skill. I dumped Dragon Herbs on her to see her maximum stats. I made sure that there are no level 3 character statues set up in my castle (because Bond Units can't support, only level 3 character statues would raise their stat caps if they are built -- if demolished, the boosts to the stat caps are removed) before taking the screenshot.

4wBPR4s.jpg

Dark Mages would have the following stat caps before modifiers come into play:

Strength: 19

Magic: 24

Skill: 16

Speed: 19

Luck: 18

Defense: 19

Resistance: 22

Based on the information and what's shown on my screenshot, Charis has the following stat cap modifiers:

Strength: -1

Magic: +0

Skill: -1

Speed: +4

Luck: +2

Defense: -1

Resistance: +0

Charis's mods appear to match Quick Boon and Clumsy Bane. Would that be from the other avatar or would it involve some combination of the avatars' Boon and Bane? (I used Quick Boon and Unlucky Bane for my avatar.)

EDIT: recruited and examined the avatar whom I made the Bond Unit with. Turns out that he has character statues in his castle so it's not as easy for me to determine stat mods (since the bonuses from the statues remain on his avatar after recruitment). He has the stat differences when compared to the max stats of the class he's in (he's in Grandmaster class).

g7uub4M.jpg

Strength: +0

Magic: +7 (affected by character statues in his castle)

Skill: -2

Speed: +2

Luck: +0

Defense: +0

Resistance: +2

Based on this, my best guess is that his avatar is using Clever Boon and Clumsy Bane, which have the stat mods of the following:

Magic: +4

Skill: -3

Speed: +2

Luck: +0

Defense: -1

Resistance: +2

Based on this, it seems that the stat mods of Charis is based on my avatar's Quick Boon and that player's Clumsy Bane. Not sure if that's the case for all other bond units.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Yes, the game does keep record of the player's name. I'll have to recruit the player's avatar next to see the avatar's boon and bane. ATM, I'll have to wait until I can visit his castle again.

Tested with another bond unit that was made on the same save file but with a different player. Similar to Charis, there are no character statues that can affect her constructed in my castle.

vmKCRzE.jpg

Mint here has the stat mods of:

Magic: -1

Skill: +2

Speed: +4

Luck: -1

Defense: +0

Resistance: +0

She has the exact same stat cap mods as my avatar (Quick Boon, Unlucky Bane). I then took a look at the avatar whom I made the bond unit with. I'll have to guess since similar to the previous avatar, she built character statues (and lots of them!) in her castle so I'll be listing the differences from her class's max stats:

NyIvxMK.jpg

Strength: +0

Magic: +1

Skill: +4

Speed: +8 (clearly affected by character statues)

Luck: -1

Defense: +3

Resistance: +1

Chances are likely that she's using Quick Boon and Unlucky Bane as well which could confirm that if both "parent" avatars have the same Boon/Bane combinations, then the bond unit would have the same Boon/Bane combination. It could also confirm that the stat mods of a bond unit is based on the player's Boon and the partner's player's Bane.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Hmmm. . .there's a few bond unit experiments I'd like to see:

1. A bond unit with only bronze statues

2. A bond unit with silver statues, none of which support Corrin

3. A bond unit with a single gold statue

4. A bond unit with a single silver statue that supports Corrin (any level of support will do)

Because Aylie's caps make no sense, given what you've said about Mint.

Hmmm. . .there's a few bond unit experiments I'd like to see:

1. A bond unit with only bronze statues

2. A bond unit with silver statues, none of which support Corrin

3. A bond unit with a single gold statue

4. A bond unit with a single silver statue that supports Corrin (any level of support will do)

Because Aylie's caps make no sense, given what you've said about Mint.

Bronze and silver character statues will have no effect on bond units since as they're considered guest characters (blue shield icon on the map sprite), they cannot support at all and therefore will receive no benefit from them. Gold statues, meanwhile, will affect them.

Aylie's caps seen in the screenshot are because of the statues present in her own castle in addition to her own Boon/Bane (which I guessed is +Speed/-Luck) when I recruited her (she's that player's avatar, not a bond unit).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Bronze and silver character statues will have no effect on bond units since as they're considered guest characters (blue shield icon on the map sprite), they cannot support at all and therefore will receive no benefit from them. Gold statues, meanwhile, will affect them.

Aylie's caps seen in the screenshot are because of the statues present in her own castle in addition to her own Boon/Bane (which I guessed is +Speed/-Luck) when I recruited her (she's that player's avatar, not a bond unit).

Gotcha. Count the statues net time you're around, so that you don't have to guess.

I've got a giant pile of bond units, and if your theory is correct, all of them should have +Spd (since that's what Joe the Master Ninja has). Also, if you need to figure out Boon in a hurry, go look to see if they have a statue of themselves put up. If they have Kana's statue, that's their bane.

Gotcha. Count the statues net time you're around, so that you don't have to guess.

I've got a giant pile of bond units, and if your theory is correct, all of them should have +Spd (since that's what Joe the Master Ninja has). Also, if you need to figure out Boon in a hurry, go look to see if they have a statue of themselves put up. If they have Kana's statue, that's their bane.

Completely forgot about that tidbit! I'll keep that in mind next time I visit a castle.

I wonder what lengths would players go in order to get their perfect bond unit:

-Class set (initial class and its promotions are permanently lost if reclassed via Heart Seal or DLC seals; appears to be randomly chosen between the 2 avatars' secondary classes; not sure what happens if both players' avatars have the same secondary class; promoting from the initial class will make the bond unit lose the other possible promotion as well)

-Inherited skills

-Personal skill

-Stat cap modifiers

-Appearance and voice acting (yes, bond units do have limited voice acting such as battle grunts)

EDIT:

Made another bond unit and made sure to take note of the player's avatar statue and Kana statue (he has Deft Boon and Unlucky Bane). As usual, my avatar is using Quick Boon and Unlucky Bane. Here is the resulting bond unit:

qlafeca.jpg

This bond unit has Quick Boon and Unlucky Bane which follows the trend of using the owner's avatar's Boon and the partner's avatar's Bane.

So, bond units' stat caps: your avatar's Boon, and partner avatar's Bane.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Woah, this is all pretty cool stuff. Now I'm wondering, if that's the trend, then what happens if the owner avatar's Boon and partner avatar's Bane are incompatible? Say, a Boon of lucky and a Bane of unlucky, which gets priority, and what replaces the other? I don't know if that'll ever come up in your testing, but I'd be curious to find out.

So I did some testing on my own. In Conquest. Don't do this unless you hate yourself.

Used Anise the Spear Fighter for this little outing. Got her to level 20, then used some stat boosters to check a couple of stats.

Strength - 25

Speed - 22

A Spear Fighter's caps are 22 in both Strength and Speed. My boon is Speed, and the only gold statue I have is Xander (who boosts Defense). The only possible way for Strength to have a +3 modifier is if Anise's is +Str/-Luk. . .I know it's not -Skl or -HP, because I took Luck as a bane.

In other words, the bond unit inherits one person's Boon and the other person's Bane.

Woah, this is all pretty cool stuff. Now I'm wondering, if that's the trend, then what happens if the owner avatar's Boon and partner avatar's Bane are incompatible? Say, a Boon of lucky and a Bane of unlucky, which gets priority, and what replaces the other? I don't know if that'll ever come up in your testing, but I'd be curious to find out.

I have yet to see this myself since almost nobody would ever go with -Speed. Mods-wise, it's basically +1 to the stats that get boosted and that's it if the same stat gets both Boon'd and Bane'd.

ie. +Speed/-Speed gets you +1 SKL, +1 SPD, +1 LCK

+HP/-HP gets the same mods as +DEF/-DEF

So I did some testing on my own. In Conquest. Don't do this unless you hate yourself.

Used Anise the Spear Fighter for this little outing. Got her to level 20, then used some stat boosters to check a couple of stats.

Strength - 25

Speed - 22

A Spear Fighter's caps are 22 in both Strength and Speed. My boon is Speed, and the only gold statue I have is Xander (who boosts Defense). The only possible way for Strength to have a +3 modifier is if Anise's is +Str/-Luk. . .I know it's not -Skl or -HP, because I took Luck as a bane.

In other words, the bond unit inherits one person's Boon and the other person's Bane.

OK, so it looks like it may be random chance of either combination (your Boon + their Bane or your Bane + their Boon), similar to how initial class is determined (randomly selected between both players' secondary classes; not sure what happens if both players run the same secondary class).

Edited by Roflolxp54