Twitch Plays PokéMafia [Game Over, now with Postgame]

Elieson

it was fake as fuck

why the fuck would marth track me lol

i was wondering if it was scorri's role, didn't think marth actually targeted you

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a tragedy

It's not an accident

You placed your faith in fools

And now you'll smother in lament

but realtalk even if you're not town leader you can't play the game asleep, if you disagree with a lynch or see something very obvious that's missing (sup gaius) and don't do anything about it then the loss is your fault even if your reads suck. at least you can say you tried if the rest of town were being potatoes

^^That means reaching out and getting the people involved in a lynch to explain their logic and reasoning. IIRC only Dragonflare bothered to contact me while the Marth lynch was happening, big props to her btw quite perceptive at times.

Edited by kirsche with rice

I didn't say blitz was an arsonist to anyone until I sent it to mafia last night. Literally all I did was send dumb messages plus two messages on N1 about alignment (told Ken his target was town and told digrat kirsche was scum which I didn't even know for real at that point) and then literally sent Ken 6 or 7 messages n2 telling him variations on "your scan reveals they are x" where x was old amber followers, follower of the helix, or follower of the dome. At some point, he maybe should have realized something was not right

Edited by scorri

Highlights of the game:

• Ken Masters outting none of his unusual results, such as his Night 1 Idle which gave him a Townscan on "his target", and 8 mixed-alignment results on the night he scanned Refa(Blitz). Ken would out JB as town when he never scanned him and never received results stating that JB was town, just that his target was town. As far as I know, he told zero people about his 8 results on Refa (Blitz).
  • Dragonflare7 getting a note that kirsche (not kirsche with rice, just kirsche) is mafia, and talking to I think only one person about it
  • Ms. Bunch actually calling the entire scumteam during early D2
  • Lord Gaius dodging what should've been an obvious lynch, only to dodge an even more obvious lynch the next day
  • Nobody questioning me when I corrected almost every player about the Night # syntax
  • Blitz killing Ken because Ken caused so much confusion
  • Marth getting lynched for being Marth
  • Regret (Daiya) probably being the most active OC'er out of the entire game

Will properly postgame later today. I wasn't expecting it to come so soon

Edited by Elieson

Also can we never silence someone from using OC in an OC game again because it is incredibly frustrating. Don't know why I never got lynched when my intention was to suicide to kill Marth.

I flipflopped on Gaius just because I had no idea what was actually being said. I couldn't tell based on those verb less messages what was going on. Ken was much more aggressive in his reads, so I was blinded by that

The main thing I regret is not questioning wagons. All of the wagons were started by people I was currently townreading, so I was confused.

What can I say.

I was alone, the only one who actively tried to dig stuff out.

And now, an explanation.

Day 1 happened and I think we can all agree that Nexus Lynch is the best of the worst results for that kind of situation.

By Night 1 I had reached out to 3/4 of the players.

Day 2 was were things started to go down. Paperblade death left the town just as I had predicted: Rellying on a substitute leader that was clearly not ready for the job.

I also got a strange message, and how I handled it was both a mistake, and somewhat of a win.

-I thought that my role was actually used. Refa came to me asking me what was my "result on JB" even though I never told Paper that I was gonna cop anyone. Since I had a pretty solid Town read on him, I said he was Town, effectively "clearing" an actual Townie. Why didn't JB used that to his advantage is not of my concern.

-Having claimed that my one shot was used, I also realized that Mafia would now handle the possibilty of me becoming vainillized. Even better.

-Also brought to the table the chance of an unknown role messing with roles. Obviously I made it up, but is funny to think I actually predicted Twitch :P:

The Lynch on Marth was when I knew the game was over. Even with numerical advantage, the Town was asleep. Only me, Dragonflare and Regret saw what was going on. We were the Town last stand, and we lost anyways.

Day 3 saw the death of JB, solidifying my position as "clearly a cop" yet for whatever reason, MsBunch fell for the most obvious of baits. The lynch on Regret was not needed when Occam's Razor said "KILL FUCKING GAIUS!" Go figure.

On my 8 results after copping Refa, having 8 results was so disheartening to me. I felt frustrated, bored and over it. It was unfair as fuck, so I just decided to go for my gut. He was an arsonist, so he would have to be a third party. It would also explain (in my head) why he appeared to take so many wrong decisions, plus it would explain why he was like "IDGAF" when I tried to talk to him, until I threatened to cop him.

To the Mafia, congratulations. You straight out outplayed us, and that was it. Well done!

To TEAM IDLE, the bestest of teamz! I really hope we get to play again. It was really fun and it was actually nice to see there were people that saw what I saw. Love you guys :3:

To the rest of the town, a good hand shake and an advice: A Sleepy Town, is a Dead Town.

To Twitch, I envy your role so much.

To Elieson... Man. I can see the effort that went into this. The planning, the care, you put part of your timme and soul into this, and the result was an amazing puzzle.

But ungortunately, the greatest puzzles are not always the best Mafia games. One has to balance till which point will the flavour affect the gameplay, and while I respect your decision of Flavour>Gameplay, I have to say that I didn't have fun in this Mafia. And that's the very first time it has happen.

Having an allmight God messing with your results at will with no control is not fun. Not being able to OC in an OC game is not fun. Having a Town with 2 couriers in an OC game is not fun

Being a one shot Cop and a miller, was not fun.

All in all, I have to say it was a fantastic puzzle, but a terrible Mafia game.

I now unserstand the "Eliegames" memes. But man, I really think you shoukd at least warn people on how bastard the game will be.

I'll play again, for sure. But I'll ask before hand.

Peace :<3:

lol

scorri's role is what dicked over town with the schism between Refablitz and the other people actually trying because it gave Ken total bullshit results, effectively wasting his cop

JB and me having duplicate roles made me suspect him because he suspected me (most players claimed limited use roles except for Gaius/kirsche/JB so they were all suspicious by default)

This game's setup was super antitown

my mistake was not making ken backup

Edited by Paperblade

In my defense, I was trying to screw with town since I was trying to get to lylo so messing with the cop seemed like best decision. And it was. Just town leader deciding vigging in mylo screwed me over haha

I'd also point out if people had ever talked about the messages they were randomly getting, it might have been more obvious something was happening.

Ken: If you're town, never lie about your actions. That is the way to confuse town and let mistakes happen. It is not good play. If you don't trust someone, don't tell them, but don't lie.

Edited by scorri

Yeah, I clearly need advice on how to play OC games because self improve the isn't working. The only times I've enjoyed OC games were when I was either mafia or anything but TL, yet I somehow keep on getting TL roles anyways. Might as well learn how to play it better, so here are some questions.

1). What could I have improved on? Obvious mistakes are trusting SB and not initially communicating well with Ken (and just ignoring Marth after the guilty which was kind of dickish), but what else?

2). How to find trustworthy people, I have trust issues and I'm convinced that the only reason I win EiMM games is because people don't hate me?

3). How do I play OC early game? I'm definitely going to claim to a scum TL one of these days just because nothing is getting done

4). Not an improvement for me personally but I feel like town is fucked unless 1) it has a good TL and backup or 2) the rest of town is actually playing the game. This seems like kind of an issue considering hosts hate TLs and town is never going to do the second. How to overcome this???

5). I get why OC is inherently town sided but I feel like being scum is a lot easier in OC. True/false?

And that's the main problem besides the keck of activity that I can see. Tien should never lie about their actions. If you don't trust town leader, fine. But if you already have claimed to them, lying about your action does nothing but cause confusion and rifts. Almost no one in town that lived past day 2 played well from what I saw.