Twitch Plays PokéMafia [Game Over, now with Postgame]

Elieson

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's claim time.

I am a redirector who can redirect all non-killing actions aimed at me to whoever I want. Say the doctor targets me. My ability would redirect the doctor's protection to my target. However, if the scumkill is aimed at me, I'll still die. Any other questions?

Ok, it's claim time.

I am a redirector who can redirect all non-killing actions aimed at me to whoever I want. Say the doctor targets me. My ability would redirect the doctor's protection to my target. However, if the scumkill is aimed at me, I'll still die. Any other questions?

What's your character?

Sounds ridiculous to ask, yeah, but it will clearify if in-lore alignment correlates to in-game alignment

@Ken: Bird Jesus. Think of him Mirror Moving.

Cool beans.

Basically means you're a nexus then.

So a cop cannot confirm your claim, because you would redirect the investigation.

##Vote Darrman

End of Day-1 Votals:

Darrman (7): Paperblade, kirsche with rice, Regret, Lord Gaius, Ms. Bunch, Ken Masters, JBCWK (L-0)

Voteless (6): Magnificence Incarnate, Refa, acidphoenix, Dragonflare7, SB., Darrman

Let me take you all on a stroll down Memory Ledge.

TPP_gif.gif

NO I MEANT LANE! MEMORY LANE!!

Bird Jesus was introduced to the stream on the first day, when he was captured somewhere before Pewter City. It isn't clear where exactly this happened, as Twitch Plays Pokémon didn't begin recording the Red playthrough until late in its second day. We did catch the second coming of Bird Jesus in Pokémon Crystal, but fuck that imposter. This game's all about Old-school.
0cf73cc700.png
During the first confrontation with Giovanni, Red and Giovanni's final fighters had critically low hit points when Bird Jesus performed the non-damaging move Whirlwind on Giovanni's Kangaskhan. Not only did this move do no damage but it also had no effect, as Whirlwind cannot switch the opponent's current Pokémon with another if all but their current Pokémon have fainted. With Bird Jesus' turn in vain, Kangaskhan took the opportunity to deliver the finishing blow, causing hours of progress in Team Rocket's headquarters to be lost.
9009e89ce8.png
Bird Jesus redeemed himself in the rematch against Giovanni, where DUX aided him in succeeding.
tpp-art-self-destruct-2.giftpp-art-self-destruct.gif
kill_two_birds_with_one_stone_they_said_
Due to Gust being the first attack in his move slots in Red Version, Bird Jesus could competently fight most enemies he faced during the Red season, which quickly caused him to become the highest leveled member of the team by more than 20 levels.
That's pretty much the story of Bird Jesus. He was an immediate asset, and praised as our lord and savior for approximately the entire game.

Darrman has been lynched.

And you fools fucking turbo'd him on Day 1.

1bhYCqc.jpg

Darrman was...

Dear Darrman, you are aaabaaajss, better known as Bird Jesus, the Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot.

fc6022c84902ad4d77fb3464946787fb.png

Bird Jesus, officially named aaabaaajss on day 8, was the Pokemon of the Pidgey line caught by players on day 1 of the Gen 1 playthrough. Bird Jesus was the longest running character in Gen 1 in terms of his affiliation with the party, as he was still in the party when the run was beaten. He was considered the strongest Pokemon of Red's party for much of the playthrough. He was also the pioneer and the kickstarter of the classic TPP tradition of the clutch Pokémon in the team.

During the Night, you may respond to your RolePM with - Night X: Do unto [user] exactly what they did to me.You will proudly take any abuse aimed at you, and redirect it all towards [user]. Your mortal body cannot survive the most extreme of life-threatening attacks, however. You will be unable to bounce Killing moves.

You are aligned with the Helix Fossil, and win when all of those filthy Domes GTFO.

Night Shenanigans Time has started, and ends in 24 hours, or at 12p CST (GMT-6) on 6/22/2016. Get dem actions in.

Don't release anyone else! Don't let Dome rise! Praise He-*lynch*

Mistakes were made...

Let's have a moment of silence for Darrman/Bird Jesus, who died for the town's sins...

Let me tell you all a story about a certain...adventure. You'll probably know what I mean when I say this one word. Surf.

tJ0WH55.gif

At one point, all Pokémon Red players know that you need Surf to well, beat the game. What TPP feared most about this was that they wouldn't be able to capture and keep a Pokémon that could learn it. There were two options, and Lapras was involved.

airlapras_by_hayaotezuka-d77g68z.png

The Hive Mind realized that at some point in the playthrough, they would need a Pokémon that could learn the move "Surf" in order to progress to Cinnabar Island. Lapras was the subject of controversy during the "Eevee Debate". The two candidates for the role of "Surf Slave" were Lapras, and Vaporeon (which required getting an Eevee and a Water Stone).
e91.gif
During Red's attack on Silph Co while it was under Rocket control, Red managed to reach a man in the tower who was being held hostage. Upon his release, he graciously donated a Lapras to Red's cause, who was subsequently named AIIIIIIRRR. While Air's combat ability remained low for the remainder of the game, she proved invaluable as an HM user for the team, possessing both Surf and Strength.
She made it through to the very end, as The Prince of Red's team, beating out the Elite 4 at a pretty low level (31). Hilariously, AIIIIIRRR lacks a confirmed gender...something most people in SF Mafia clearly suffer through, as Air was recognized as both a male and female due to hardware confusion and generation transitions. Lore recognizes her as a Prince, but Generation 2 identifies her as a Female. Have there ever been any female princes?
As a Side-Note, take a look at the Old Amber Doctrine, in which Air Jordan is recognized as a prophet of. It's not Helixian, but it makes a good read nonetheless.
Before I end my story, let me interrupt it with a rude announcement.
i just discovered this song and its fucking with me

im town and announcing no fun pls give me another night action eli
Now, back to the story.

Paperblade has been killed. He was...

Dear Paperblade, you are AIIIIIRRR, better known as Air Jordan, the Lapras.

8e3c4389eb2f9a13189d51231daa8aeb.png

During the Night, you may respond to your RolePM with - Night X: Surfing a [MSG] to [user]. You will ride your own awesome waves towards [user], anonymously dropping [MSG] into their Mail-Box. [MSG] may be anything that does not violate the rules.

You are aligned with the Helix Fossil, and win when all of those filthy Domes GTFO.

My god I forgot to do flavor for AIIIIIRRRRRRR, NO!

Day He died for your sins starts now, and ends in, 72 hours and 30 minutes (1:30p GMT -5 [EST] on 6/25/16).

With 11 players alive, 6 votes on any one player will end the phase with an immediate Phase-ending Hammer. No Hammer = No Lynch.

Edited by Elieson

I hope town likes LOSING because Paperblade gave me the sheet, and you know what that means.

Time to grill everyone about their role results.

##Vote: LORD GAIUS

##Vote: ga I u S

##Vote: ga I us

##vote: ke N

##un V ote:

##vote: r E fa

##vote: kir S che

##vote: regre T

##vote: I G A ius

##vote: regre T

##vote: el I eson

##un V ot E:

##Vote: Marth

Now, let's talk about something everyone needs to know.

Whoever controlled me last night, and made me waste my One-Shot wincon cop, better speak to me RIGHT NOW privately, and explain what was their reasoning behind that.

There were resons for me to not use it last night, and you made the most stupid call ever.

Yes, JB's wincon is to serve the Helix Fossil. Are you happy now?

like because you said that i'm probably going to die n2 but whatever

Doubtful.

I hardly see the mafia attempting a kill on a cleared townie when there are bigger threats for them running around.