Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

In general, you should only claim if you have info that has caught a member of the mafia, you can clear someone (although for the latter, make sure that they're actually cleared and you don't just think they're most likely town), or you're getting lynched. Formulating a bigger response as soon as I stop being busy playing video games.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! So deflection is not scummy! This means if there is gain for town, then you gave to look at the situation.

Except, hold up. Wait a minute. Help me out here Spinal, I think you actively chose NOT to examine the situation for that possibility.

The fact of the matter is, I maintain that town benefits from me not answering your question more than mafia does, at least until you answer mine.

Or is it more authoritarian than that?

what if we accidently kill the Doctor or something?

welcome to sf mafia

I don't want to call them scum. They are bad people, but I do have a sense of manners.

Irony is absolutely adorable.

yes

If he was informed, 1) he wouldn't have any reason to be certain about his reads unless they're ALL his scumbuddies (which brings up the issue of why he'd call out his scum team in an RVS post lol) because some of his reads would be wrong (if anything, that would make him appear MORE uncertain since he knows that they're wrong; that's why waffling is scummy)

Again, I don't care about the accuracy of his list. At the start of a game, stating "These three players are scum. Why? I'll tell you that later," begs an explanation. When none is given, it's scummy.

However, I do think the reasons Elemina later gave were good, particularly re: Proto

Ryker is... exceptionally talkative. I think the argument ongoing between him and Spinal is founded on being correct or incorrect rather than whether either of them are scum. I haven't yet read either of them very closely (I will if someone really wants me to? But I think it will be fruitless) though it appears overwhelmingly that they're picking at each other's posts and questions rather than trying to identify if it is likely that either is actually scum; that they have been the two most active players these last few hours should say something.

"He's deflecting," "he's asking me the question I asked him," "you spent X pages/paragraphs tunneling this topic" etc. No, the two of you have been arguing semantics back and forth for a couple pages now. Does any of that matter? Winning this kind of debate doesn't result in dead scum.

I don't care who's committing fallacies. Did either of you scumslip? If not... what's the point?

So you see, it is important to keep your vote in play as much as you can. (Although I don't have mine on at the time, I will be using it shortly) You seem to be cautious and want to make the right decision, but voting doesn't mean that you are 100% locked down to that vote/lynch. If you are town, why care about such trivial matters? Use your vote freely. Town's only tools to find scum are voting, discussion, and lynching. Sure power roles may be tools as well but during the day, that's what you'll need to string up scum.

[/quote

As I said in a previous comment of mine, the reason why I care about "such trivial matters" is that I'm scared that, if I vote to lynch someone who turns out to be the Doctor or a Bodyguard or another really useful and powerful role, then I would be giving the Mafia a huge advantage. Yes, I could use my vote freely, but as I said before, I don't want to unless I'm certain.

So you see, it is important to keep your vote in play as much as you can. (Although I don't have mine on at the time, I will be using it shortly) You seem to be cautious and want to make the right decision, but voting doesn't mean that you are 100% locked down to that vote/lynch. If you are town, why care about such trivial matters? Use your vote freely. Town's only tools to find scum are voting, discussion, and lynching. Sure power roles may be tools as well but during the day, that's what you'll need to string up scum.

I heavily disagree with the bolded part.

A Townie should care a lot. A Townie vote is not only his main weapon, but also Mafia's weapon. Voting freely is fine. Voting carelessly is not

I want to see what GP says before I say anything.

Green Poet I'm still waiting on you.

This isn't massclaim; the order of our posts is insignificant. What in particular is special about me or my posts coming before yours?

Green Poet:

1. You are currently voting me, for reasons that have expired. Why is this?

2. Refa has given a read of being bothered by you, but you do not give a read on her push and questioning of you.

3. I want your read on Blitz, who asked you a question about Irony.

Oh, sorry, I must have missed that question.

Blitz doesn't have enough posts out for me to comment. He asked me about something I said about Irony, I asked him to elaborate the question, and that's the end of that conversation.

Refa's fine, I like that what he was looking for in critiquing what I thought you of was whether or not he could understand my thought process rather than whether or not he agreed, as this is the mindset that caused him to clear me during AAM's *ylo.

@GP - It matters in that his refusal to answer is actively hindering my read on him because, ironically, he's deflecting my question.

He could say the same, had I not made it abundantly clear I'll answer him the moment that he answers me.

-Spinal implied deflection is not scummy

-I want to trade Spinal's role for the explanation on my behaviour

I took the liberty to take out the filler and reduce your post to the the things you actually say.

-I, indeeed, said deflection is not scummy. It's the context on which it's used what makes it scummy. In this case, avoiding any petition of cooperation through counter-questions.

-No. I will not trade that kind of information. If you don't want to explain yourself, you're only closing the noose around your neck when the rest of the players start asking questions back at you. The only one who gains anything from you explaining yourself is the Town, and you.

By the way, yes. I implied you produce 0 content. Tell that to your football friends.

What the fuck!? I don't want your role. That is a gross misrepresentation of my posts. I want to know what you think I could have been doing with my vote on you given the three things I confirmed as true.

I mentioned asking about your role as an easy absurd example to prove that deflecting is not scummy in and of itself like you've been implying all game.

1. You are currently voting me, for reasons that have expired. Why is this?

Oh, it was just my negligence.

Between Ryker and Spinal, Spinal seems to be the one desiring to prolong it. It's not that I take Ryker's side in the "no, you're scum!" slapfight, it's more that Spinal's only been tunneling Ryker while Ryker's been trying to carry more than a single conversation.

Proto's "Ryker put an easy third wagon vote on GP which'll enable him to cruise later on. But right now I'm Ryker randomly" is voteworthy too.

Would not lynch Ryker nor Refa.

##Unvote

##Vote: Spinal