Dealing with fatigue (FE5)

Seph

Okay, what the hell. I was expecting a challenge out of Chapter 4 and I beat it on my first try (without save states or anything). Almost too easy.

Fatigue doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, but I'll tell you guys about my playthrough if it does become a problem.

Did you get Dalshin? (or whatever variation his name is...) >_>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get Dalshin? (or whatever variation his name is...) >_>

Yeah. I was really disappointed from the lack of difficulty. I just got Leaf and Felgus to lure him, I talked to him with Leaf and they protected my other units. When there were about 4 units left, everyone went ballistic. The reinforcements are annoying though.

On Chapter 8 now. Fatigue is about to begin!

Does Lara have to be a Level 10 Thief to promote into a Dancer on Chapter 12x, and should I even train her?

Edited by Julius

Get like, about 20-25 S-Drinks for your units. Give them to those with low HP or those who wield heavy weapons.

I would also switch between thives and healers for each chapter and make sure you don't use Sara in chapter 24. You gonna need here in chapter 24x and it'll be bad that you don't have her for you-know-what.

I would also switch between thives and healers for each chapter and make sure you don't use Sara in chapter 24. You gonna need here in chapter 24x and it'll be bad that you don't have her for you-know-what.

You could always use her. As long as you don't over exhausted her. Or give her a S Drink in Chapter 24, that also works.

You can always select a fatigued character, IF she/he has a S Drink in his/her inventory.

Does Lara have to be a Level 10 Thief to promote into a Dancer on Chapter 12x, and should I even train her?

She can promote at any level. I'd either train her so that she has some resemblance of HP as well as a good portion of Spd/Luk built in as a L1 Dancer (since from there she grows very slowly...dancing gives 10 EXP and she sucks even more dick at fighting now), or not train her at all (since a lot of your training will go to waste due to the negative bonuses of promoting from Thief to Dancer).

Don't ever Knight Crest Lara though.

Get like, about 20-25 S-Drinks for your units. Give them to those with low HP or those who wield heavy weapons.

Money is extremely hard to get in this game, so there's a small chance chance of getting that many S-Drinks without arena-abusing (You would spend 100,000-125,000)

Edited by IOS

I may be blind, but how do you actually view your fatigue?

Alright, I won't waste time by training Lara.

This is my first playthrough so I don't know much about making teams, but here goes:

Leaf

Linoan

Dean

Olwen

Lara

Sety

Galzus

Fin

Othin

Felgus

Shiva

Asvel

Halvan

Carrion

Saphy

Mareeta

Lifis

Nanna

Sara

19 units. That's going to be my team, hopefully. 12 units needing Knight Proof is not cool though..

I need to get rid of the ones without Knight Proofs.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Julius

Leaf

Linoan

Dean

Olwen

Lara

Fin

Othin

Felgus

Shiva

Asvel

Halvan

Carrion

Saphy

Mareeta

Lifis

Nanna

Tina

17 units. That's going to be my team, hopefully. 12 units needing Knight Proof is not cool though..

Any suggestions?

Add Sety and Galzus as endgame fillers (Fin and Dean aren't terribly useful in the last chapters.) You might want to add Delmud too with his sexy Charisma skill. Homer and Sara grow very fast and end up quite good, too.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I didn't include Sety and Galzus because they come really late.

I will put them though. Thanks.

I want Sara and Homer but they just don't fit in. And I don't need to use another Knight's Proof.

Felgus gets Beowulf Sword.

Edited by Julius

You'll be fine. People won't start promoting until around Chapters 14-16, and you'll have 9 Heroes Crest by now. Fin, Olthin, Halvan, Fergus, Shiva, Asvel, Carrion (If you used the Elite Sword for most of his level-ups), Lifis and Nanna will probably be the only ones who need to promote right now. Mareeta and Tina will still have a long way to go, and leaving Saphy unpromoted for a bit doesn't really hurt. Mareeta can get the next one in 16A/17B, and your two healers can get the remaning ones shortly after.

Your team looks good, although I prefer Sara over Tina myself. You can bring 18 units to the final chapter, so maybe sit out Fin (Dean has A in Swords, so he'll be alright). Also keep in mind that Karin can be good for saving villages in the earlygame, until you get Dean. As for skills, make sure Olwen gets the Ambush scroll, as she's pretty awful without it.

Yeah, I always use Karin for the villages but she hasn't needed any training yet.

I was never sure about Tina (her staff rank is crappy) so I'll easily put Sara over her.

My 100th post.

Edited by Julius

Just use Tina for her personal staves (21x hrhr), but don't promote her.

Lower stat screen (with leadership, movement, weapon levels, etc)

It's under your movement (which is titled "Anim" in the patch, I think), second to bottom. It's -- for Leaf, and some number for everyone else.

Just use Tina for her personal staves (21x hrhr), but don't promote her.

Will do.

It's under your movement (which is titled "Anim" in the patch, I think), second to bottom. It's -- for Leaf, and some number for everyone else.

Awesome, thanks a lot.

This is my first playthrough so I don't know much about making teams, but here goes:

Leaf

Linoan

Dean

Olwen

Lara

Sety

Galzus

Fin

Othin

Felgus

Shiva

Asvel

Halvan

Carrion

Saphy

Mareeta

Lifis

Nanna

Sara

19 units. That's going to be my team, hopefully. 12 units needing Knight Proof is not cool though..

I need to get rid of the ones without Knight Proofs.

Any suggestions?

Don't worry too much about Knight Proofs. You should ideally have 10-15 really solid units that get Knights proofs, but not EVERYONE needs to promote to be useful. I usually leave a healer unpromoted if I'm low on proofs, or one of the 1000000 mounted units and just plug them in when Carrion/Robert/Kein/whoever is fatigued.

Also, don't bother with Lara, IMO. She's terrible, and promoting her makes her worse -_-; Stick with Rifis/Pahn as your thief, you don't need a dancer anyway. Some units have movement stars which sort of makes dancing insignifcant to an extent.

If you're not including Sety because he comes so late, why did you include Galzus?<_<

I personally don't think Dean is that great, but I don't really like the choices of flying units this game =/, Karin is sorta ok I guess...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to use Olwen :D. She won't disappoint - her personal weapons are her saving graces for those mediocre growths and she's related to Reinhardt, and he's fucking badass

Also, don't bother with Lara, IMO. She's terrible, and promoting her makes her worse sleep.gif; Stick with Rifis/Pahn as your thief, you don't need a dancer anyway. Some units have movement stars which sort of makes dancing insignifcant to an extent.

Lara can be a substitute for any character you want to use twice, and unlike movement stars, you don't have to rely on fractional chances to move again. She is very useful. She hardly becomes worse upon promotion - her stats go down, but her utility goes way up, and she was crap at fighting to begin with.

I've already beaten the game, so no need to help anymore.

I found it annoying, but it wasn't hard. It was an excellent game, nearly as good as FE4.

Lara was disappointing in a way, long range attacks are used by everyone and their mother and she can't even come close. I had to bench her in many chapters. She was invaluable in some chapters however, so she's not as good as Mekkah says, but not as bad as thunderstrife says either. Also, there are many Warps and Rewarps in this game.. she'll get trapped and killed.

High tier or lower I suppose.

Lifis, Asvel, Mareeta, Othin, Carrion and Fin are amazing. Felgus isn't that good, not good until he gets the Beo Sword.

Saphy deserves a tier of her own. She's too good. I didn't even promote her though.

Edited by Julius

Her use is situational, but when it's there, she's amazing. She's not as good as, say, Ninian though.

You probably got screwed over with Fergus, because he's absolutely amazing. In fact, he's basically a 100% improvement on Carrion, with the exception of lances (which don't matter as much as stat/level lead, extra PC, availability, higher sword level, etc imo).

Eh, Lara is completely outclassed as a thief by Lifis, so she's really useful at 13 and after that. She's not good at 13, 14, 17, 19 (you need to get lucky with the formation), 20 (if you're fast enough to get enough of the boss before ballistae reinforcements it's not a problem), 21, 21x, 22, 23, 24x.. She gets fatigued easily, that's not much of a problem though..

Thank god for 14x.

You probably got screwed over with Fergus, because he's absolutely amazing.

My stats were a little higher over average. Maybe it had something to do with my playing style, but I found him to be too weak.

Carrion is sweet, but he will need a manual. The lack of a personal weapon hurts too, but then again, Fergus gets it really later on. Carrion isn't as good as say, Othin, but he's good. High tier definitely.

Edited by Julius

Again, Fergus outclasses Carrion in pretty much every way, so I can't see how you can find one to be weak and the other to be great.

This...

Fergus is so much better than Carrion (even though he's stll really awesome). And their strength is about the same, and both tend to cap it in my experience (statistically, they're both 19.something at 20/20, so I don't this is much of a reach). Felgus also comes earlier, and gets the Beo/Blagi Sword which make the last few chapters easier. Carrion does get lances, but they're not like amazing =/. You must be looking at weird averages, or you're missing something, because like Mekkah said, he definitely outclasses Carrion.

Yeah, in statistics obviously Fergus is better (Beo Sword). This is just my opinion though.

Well, in my playthrough, Fergus was stuck to swords and just couldn't deal enough damage while Carrion had lances and was killing everything. Carrion served me far better than Fergus did.

I suppose I just wasn't using him to his full potential.

Edited by Julius

not to sound silly, but I haven't played this game. What is fatigue?

Basically it's a number that showed if your unit is exhausted or not.

If the number already exceed their HP, then the unit is exhausted, that's mean you can't deploy him on the chapter.

They will need to rest for that chapter and will be usable again in the next one, with the fatigue number already reset to 0.