Darkest FE game

Seph

Darkest FE game.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the darkest?

• FE3
    • FE4
    • FE5
    • FE6
    • FE7
    • FE8
    • FE9
    • FE10

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said anything against my Celice! He's the quintessence of masculinity! He gets EVERYONE in 2nd gen to fall head over heels for him!

YOURS? >=E

Are you implying him as a damsel in distress? And where is this masculinity you are talking about?

I don't think Ashnard wanted to destroy the world. When you attack him with Reyson they say:

Ashnard: Galdr singer, did you come here today so that I might take ownership of you?

Reyson: I have something to ask you. Were you the one who stole the medallion and my sister, Lillia, from Serenes Forest?

Ashnard: You know that already, do you not? Why would you come all this way to ask something you already know? Do you wish me to deny it?

Reyson: If the dark god is awakened, the world will once again be flooded. And this time, even our continent will fall. You will not survive that event... Do you truly desire such an end?

Ashnard: I do. Oh, how I do... It's true. The world may be destroyed by the coming of the dark god. Then again, it may not. I question the way in which our society is designed. No matter what strength a person has, it is the station he is born into that controls his destiny. And you cannot control where you will be born. Do you believe that a person of low birth should simply endure the curse of his station? I think not. If you are stronger than those around you, you should benefit from your strength. This is why I will use my strength to remake this world. Class and rank will not matter. Human and sub-human will not matter. The strong will possess everything. The weak will submit to their will. Is this not the meaning of peace?

Reyson: Are you saying that the lives of those without strength have no value?

Ashnard: That is the natural order. The only way for the weak to survive is to cling to the strong. Our discussion is over. Tell me, frail little bird who cannot fight; which do you choose? Submission? Or death?

Reyson: ...Life proffered to me by your hand is something I would never accept!

Ashnard: Very well... Then I will give you the alternative! You will be a weight around my neck no more!

He wants to rule the world after he releases the Dark God.

I voted FE7, because the villians are extraordinarily dark. Especially Nino's "mother," I forget her name though.

Oh, so Ashnard was a social darwinist. That makes him much more interesting. Thanks for letting me know this.

He may be better than Lekain after all. It's kinda like Napoleon vs Cromwell. A nation of progressive militarism vs a nation of Parliamentary dictatorship.

I unfortunately haven't played FE4 yet, but before we get to that I'll say that FE7 is the darkest game of the American series.

Honestly, I really felt for Eliwood as the game went on. Especially with his father and one of his love interests dying on him. And, with Zephiel almost getting killed by people hired by his own cowardly father and with causing a child to be orphaned (Damn it Sonia, why?).

FE10 spoilers in the next paragraph, for the record.

I'd say FE9 is still darker because it involves drugging an entire race of people to serve their own militarist needs. The main enemy was a Darwinist but that wasn't as dark as basically killing the entire royal family aside from two people - Elincia and Renning, and the latter was drugged with the Feral drug anyway. And there was the entire explanation of how he basically killed his own family to get to the throne.

I unfortunately haven't played FE4 yet, but before we get to that I'll say that FE7 is the darkest game of the American series.

Honestly, I really felt for Eliwood as the game went on. Especially with his father and one of his love interests dying on him. And, with Zephiel almost getting killed by people hired by his own cowardly father and with causing a child to be orphaned (Damn it Sonia, why?).

If you felt for Eliwood, you will fall hard for Sigurd.

And there was the entire explanation of how he basically killed his own family to get to the throne.

Not just his family, but the rest of Daien as well, and that Sephiran was the one who motivated him to start the Mad King's War. Some parts of FE10 only serve to make FE9 that much darker.

If you felt for Eliwood, you will fall hard for Sigurd.

Sigurd instead of Selis? I don't know why, but Eliwood reminds me more of Selis than Sigurd. =/

Fe5 definitely, In my opinion:

Childhunts are still a central problem, carried over from FE4, but in edition, Leaf is completely orphaned, along with like half the cast ;x... The country of Thracia is completely starving due to limited natural resources, so they're a sympathetic opponent anyway, they didn't have much serious alternatives. The main opponent - Freige- is also sympathetic because they're also very reluctantly aligned with Manfroy, and most are unhappy with childhunts, but continue them anyway. While FE4 was very sad, all of that sadness is pretty much carried over to FE5, plus more. In FE4s second generation, most of the parents are simply missing in action, only a few are actually confirmed to be dead, in FE5, I don't think there's a single character (save maybe Sara ;x) who hasn't lost something significant since the start of the war....

Edited by thunderstrife