Advice for late game CQ Maps?

Samz707

I'm currently stuck on Conquest chapter 24 and have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing here.

Enemy flier spawn so much with so high move while everyone else gets nerfed basic movement that I'm unsure of how I'm supposed to employ any sort of consistent strategy outside of extreme trial and error.

The one time I managed to last more than a few turns, I still got screwed when it turns out one more flier spawns on the right when you start fighting enemies near the middle and enemies at this point basically outstat everyone not named Leo, Camilla or Xander extremely and take a ton of damage to kill while easily one-rounded my units and for me to even get that far, I needed several units to dodge 60% attacks that would have killed them. 

I'm on Normal. 

Edited by Samz707

First off, after she uses her DV, you can counter it with one of your own to cancel the effect of hers, and still get the full effect of your own, which is debuffing the move of all flier, but increase the move of non-fliers. The buff of her DV should also effect your own fliers, so you can use it to your advantage at times as well, for instance if you are having trouble reaching the next DV due to the move debuff, having a flier available for a DV user to pair with and use the move buff to reach the DV, and then switch over to then activate is useful. Admittedly you do have to be a bit careful with this strat, as both Setsuna, and Azama have an infantry force with them that can get the move buff as well, but I find that more manageable than the high move fliers. You can also use the flyer move buff to jump Azama before he can hex your units, but if the one you send to assassinate him can't deal with the infantries allies around him, this might be a place where you have to pull out the Rescue staff. Admittedly its less vital below Lunatic, but keeping at least one Rescue use on each of the two Rescue staff you get is useful for endgame.

Another piece of advise for getting the damage you need is to get the most out of the effective damage bows deal against fliers by using attack stance. Bows have very high base might, so when tripled they deal a lot of damage, and even when that damage is halved by being used in an attack stance, it is still a LOT of damage on them. Attack stance also has the advantage of giving at minimum +10 accuracy to the main attacker if you are having trouble hitting, and depending on supports can add even more (or other buffs like avoid, crit, and crit avoid).

18 hours ago, Samz707 said:

The one time I managed to last more than a few turns, I still got screwed when it turns out one more flier spawns on the right when you start fighting enemies near the middle and enemies at this point basically outstat everyone not named Leo, Camilla or Xander extremely and take a ton of damage to kill while easily one-rounded my units and for me to even get that far, I needed several units to dodge 60% attacks that would have killed them. 

That is a little worrying, and makes me think you really overused your prepromotes earlier in the game. Fates actually has a rather steep experience penalty for overleveled units, which gets harsher with higher difficulties (and even has stop gaps against boss abusing, as chip exp starts diminishing if you keep getting it off the same enemy, but I digress a bit). I am not an expert in how the exp curve works in Normal mode, but seeing some units reaching 20/15 by chapter 24 is a normal enough number off the top of my head for higher difficulties.

It can be difficult to arrange at times, but there are a lot of positional buffs you can use to make you units a lot tankier, your Troubadours/Strategists/Maids should get a skill that reduces the damage all opposite gendered allies within two spaces of them take by 2; Strategist's level 15 skill (which you might be reaching by now) is Inspiration which stacks with that and adds 2 more damage reduction on top of that by the same range; Elise's personal gives 3 damage reduction to any ally adjacent to her (so if you got her to a level 15 strategist, that is potentially +7 Def and Res by being next to her); add to that the level 5 skills of Defense rally (on Wyvern Lord), and Resistance Rally (Strategist again), for 4 more potential bulk; Corrin can add 3 Damage resistance to allies that either use his attack stance, or his pairup with at least a C rank support with them (which it wouldn't surprise me if everyone has by now), admittedly that last one can be a bit tricky to proc on enemy phase if you are using attack stance to do so, as if there are more than one ally adjacent on enemy phase, it picks the unit with the highest support points to use as attack stance partner; Corrin also gets a similar buff from Felicia or can use a 3 damage reduction version from Jakob, also the defense gains for having a Dragon Stone equipped are solid (+4 Defense and +3 Resistance for the basic one, and +9 Defense and +7 Resistance for the Dragonstone+) , although the speed penalties might make them more dangerous if you aren't careful with them (-2 and -4 speed respectively); Camilla also has the low yield +1 damage resistance to adjacent allies from her Rose's Thorns skill; and finally you have the two most difficult to position buffs, as they are dependent on enemy positioning, the level 25 dancer skill, that reduces the damage enemies can deal if they are within 2 spaces of her, and Izana's similar personal, which reduces the damage all units within 2 of him deal (which is a double edged swords as it effects your units too). Phew, that was a lot, but I generally find it fairly reasonable to 8-14 effective damage reduction using these skills when I need it, and could potentially get even higher if you need to.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

First off, after she uses her DV, you can counter it with one of your own to cancel the effect of hers, and still get the full effect of your own, which is debuffing the move of all flier, but increase the move of non-fliers. The buff of her DV should also effect your own fliers, so you can use it to your advantage at times as well, for instance if you are having trouble reaching the next DV due to the move debuff, having a flier available for a DV user to pair with and use the move buff to reach the DV, and then switch over to then activate is useful. Admittedly you do have to be a bit careful with this strat, as both Setsuna, and Azama have an infantry force with them that can get the move buff as well, but I find that more manageable than the high move fliers. You can also use the flyer move buff to jump Azama before he can hex your units, but if the one you send to assassinate him can't deal with the infantries allies around him, this might be a place where you have to pull out the Rescue staff. Admittedly its less vital below Lunatic, but keeping at least one Rescue use on each of the two Rescue staff you get is useful for endgame.

Another piece of advise for getting the damage you need is to get the most out of the effective damage bows deal against fliers by using attack stance. Bows have very high base might, so when tripled they deal a lot of damage, and even when that damage is halved by being used in an attack stance, it is still a LOT of damage on them. Attack stance also has the advantage of giving at minimum +10 accuracy to the main attacker if you are having trouble hitting, and depending on supports can add even more (or other buffs like avoid, crit, and crit avoid).

That is a little worrying, and makes me think you really overused your prepromotes earlier in the game. Fates actually has a rather steep experience penalty for overleveled units, which gets harsher with higher difficulties (and even has stop gaps against boss abusing, as chip exp starts diminishing if you keep getting it off the same enemy, but I digress a bit). I am not an expert in how the exp curve works in Normal mode, but seeing some units reaching 20/15 by chapter 24 is a normal enough number off the top of my head for higher difficulties.

It can be difficult to arrange at times, but there are a lot of positional buffs you can use to make you units a lot tankier, your Troubadours/Strategists/Maids should get a skill that reduces the damage all opposite gendered allies within two spaces of them take by 2; Strategist's level 15 skill (which you might be reaching by now) is Inspiration which stacks with that and adds 2 more damage reduction on top of that by the same range; Elise's personal gives 3 damage reduction to any ally adjacent to her (so if you got her to a level 15 strategist, that is potentially +7 Def and Res by being next to her); add to that the level 5 skills of Defense rally (on Wyvern Lord), and Resistance Rally (Strategist again), for 4 more potential bulk; Corrin can add 3 Damage resistance to allies that either use his attack stance, or his pairup with at least a C rank support with them (which it wouldn't surprise me if everyone has by now), admittedly that last one can be a bit tricky to proc on enemy phase if you are using attack stance to do so, as if there are more than one ally adjacent on enemy phase, it picks the unit with the highest support points to use as attack stance partner; Corrin also gets a similar buff from Felicia or can use a 3 damage reduction version from Jakob, also the defense gains for having a Dragon Stone equipped are solid (+4 Defense and +3 Resistance for the basic one, and +9 Defense and +7 Resistance for the Dragonstone+) , although the speed penalties might make them more dangerous if you aren't careful with them (-2 and -4 speed respectively); Camilla also has the low yield +1 damage resistance to adjacent allies from her Rose's Thorns skill; and finally you have the two most difficult to position buffs, as they are dependent on enemy positioning, the level 25 dancer skill, that reduces the damage enemies can deal if they are within 2 spaces of her, and Izana's similar personal, which reduces the damage all units within 2 of him deal (which is a double edged swords as it effects your units too). Phew, that was a lot, but I generally find it fairly reasonable to 8-14 effective damage reduction using these skills when I need it, and could potentially get even higher if you need to.

I've managed to beat that chapter.

Long story short, I'm at CQ End-game.

I have absolutely no idea how I solve this without going down to Phoenix mode.

Enemies have so high stats and are so numerous that Xander and Camilla are easily overwhelmed, everyone else dies in one hit and my Corrin is profoundly stat screwed. 

Nohr Noble:

STR 22

MAG 17

Skill 17

Spd 16

Lck 29

Def 16

Res 14

Everyone else does very little damage aside from Leo and Leo still gets one-rounded if anything attacks him pretty much.

And it takes me like 10 turns to kill Goo guy in a Xander solo (Everyone else dies to him or has a small chance to die of a crit in the case of Camilla.) so it is a long obnoxious chapter to get back to this point.

I've already died to it once and I do not want to have to spend what's going to like 100 turns in total fighting Goo Garon just to get to this map again. 

Edited by Samz707

25 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

my Corrin is profoundly stat screwed. 

Nohr Noble:

STR 22

MAG 17

Skill 17

Spd 16

Lck 29

Def 16

Res 14

Freakin jeez! How did you get past Ryoma then!?

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Freakin jeez! How did you get past Ryoma then!?

On Normal mode, he never moves until you attack him.

So I just had Xander and Duel Club Camilla beat him up since they are max level.

I forgot you could buy class change items (Since I rarely visited the staff shop) so I bought a bunch of promotion items but I doubt it's going to improve my chances much considering the stats the enemies have.  (But Corrin is now changed to Great Knight with the stat changes that entails.)

EDIT: I have since managed to beat the final map by sacrifice stats, all deploy units that weren't Corrin, Xander (with Corrin as his backpack) and Camilla with Benny as her backpack all died.

Edited by Samz707