Sol vs Luna

Jotari

Sol vs Luna  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Sol vs Luna

Proc skills are bad, but Sol you can kind of work with.

Luna sucks. It's not even good for player-phase units. If you're a player-phase unit who can only kill with a Luna proc, you're a bad player phase unit. If you can kill without one, the skill is useless. Sol heals you up for reliability purposes.

The basic mathematical demonstration is that you proc luna against an enemy (who will engage in two rounds of combat at most and then die), while a sol proc is to the benefit of your own unit (who will engage in dozens of round of combat).

If Fire Emblem was about highly expendable player units dying against massive and unmovable super-enemies, then the opposite would be true.

• 4 months later...

Both Sol & Luna are great Skills after experiencing other Fire Emblem games which has those skills but I have to say Sol cause your unit needs to have enough HP to survive and you have to prevent them from being lost, Dark Mages from the GBA games doesn't have this issue since they can use Nosferatu to recover HP if the damage hits and Sol is random chances to get their HP's up so you don't have to keep wasting so many Vulneries/Elixirs, if Sol was actually like Noseferatu getting HP back after the damage dealt this would be a great skill.

Luna, I really love Luna as its one of my favorite skill in some of the other FE games really don't understand the whole hate of Luna seeing how useful it could be during Player/Enemy phase, the whole use of Luna is to able to pierce your way through the enemy so you have a good chance to not use 2 units to fight an enemy that's blocking your way through so that you can let another unit to pass if the unit thats attacking the enemy unit can't be able to get a crit like for e.g. trying to catch a thief before it tries to steal a chest or before a Brigand/Pirate tries to raid a Village.

13 hours ago, Zerius said:

Both Sol & Luna are great Skills after experiencing other Fire Emblem games which has those skills but I have to say Sol cause your unit needs to have enough HP to survive and you have to prevent them from being lost, Dark Mages from the GBA games doesn't have this issue since they can use Nosferatu to recover HP if the damage hits and Sol is random chances to get their HP's up so you don't have to keep wasting so many Vulneries/Elixirs, if Sol was actually like Noseferatu getting HP back after the damage dealt this would be a great skill.

Luna, I really love Luna as its one of my favorite skill in some of the other FE games really don't understand the whole hate of Luna seeing how useful it could be during Player/Enemy phase, the whole use of Luna is to able to pierce your way through the enemy so you have a good chance to not use 2 units to fight an enemy that's blocking your way through so that you can let another unit to pass if the unit thats attacking the enemy unit can't be able to get a crit like for e.g. trying to catch a thief before it tries to steal a chest or before a Brigand/Pirate tries to raid a Village.

The problem with both is that one cannot rely on them, as they're chance based. Also, Nosferatu became heavy to the point of not being worth using in Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones. 

Regaining HP from attacking in general is very very good. In FE4, the only weapon that recovers HP from damage dealt off the top of my head only has 10 uses, and that's for a good reason. If someone procs it many times or consistently procs it, they become a machine that mows down entire armies.

2 hours ago, CadetCasey said:

Regaining HP from attacking in general is very very good. In FE4, the only weapon that recovers HP from damage dealt off the top of my head only has 10 uses, and that's for a good reason. If someone procs it many times or consistently procs it, they become a machine that mows down entire armies.

I'm guessing you're thinking of the Earth Sword, or, as it's officially called now, Lands Sword. But Nosferatu does exist in Genealogy, and it's 50 uses, and it's amazing, but held back by being an effective Julia prf.

11 hours ago, CadetCasey said:

Like was said earlier, Nosferatu is also in Genealogy, and its mechanics make it insanely good. Namely, the part where you need a skill to follow up, which means without bad luck or an enemy that straight up one-shots you OR an enemy that does have the follow-up ability, you can hold on as long as it lasts. That's a stark contrast to Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance and Three Houses, where it's heavy to the point you're likely risking being doubled.