Worst Case Scenario Thread: New Year banner.

ARMADS!!!

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I remembered Volug but I wondered if it'd be too much of a stretch to mention him lol, also at this point I feel like they're avoiding putting him on the game at all (maybe they would as a backpack though?) because he doesn't speak english (and unlike kid Soren, he can speak, but another non-existent language, so they'd have to record some sort of lines for him if he was released,I guess).

EDIT: Imagine if next' year TT+ OCs turn out to be a bunch of random monkeys or something lol...

Wasn't a problem putting Leanne in the game. They can just give him minimal broken English like her. He has that one Base Convo with Ike where he starts to learn.

On 12/24/2023 at 1:00 AM, ARMADS!!! said:

Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion and I'm not judging or trying to say you're wrong or whatever but GOD wouldn't my blood boil if this did happened (specially because I know it's not entirely unlikely).

Ah, let me clarify. It's more like "I don't expect much, but if we got this much then I'd be okay with it." I also don't like all the Freyja service (I think we only got regular Freyr so that IS could kind of get away with giving us Eitr as another Freyja without people complaining that much) but I want story/character relationship answers, and there are some commonalities (like Freyja and Seidr both having other versions of themselves living in their heads) that would be interesting to explore. That's about it, though. Of the units I listed, the only ones I actually want are Freyr and Njordr (and the dragons, depending on who they are.) I guess I'm thinking "This is likely. How do we turn this into the best-case scenario with what we're working with?" So, it's an opportunity to get answers and then not worry about these characters anymore (until everyone goes to war with Alfador, I suppose.)

Really, I'm looking forward to next year. I feel like there could be some fun kimono designs for the characters we know about from Book 8. (Also, Rataroskr is my favorite "Book Guide" character we've gotten, I think. I really hope IS doesn't drop the ball partway through the story this time...)

Things get a little bit off topic here so I'll put it in spoiler tags. It talks about Hel designs.

Spoiler

Ah, and I'd really like to see more Hel-based characters. You mentioned a Hel alt. Her take on anything other than bunnies would be fun. I just love the black armor + colorful jelly skellies designs; they're such a unique (and artistically beautiful) take on zombies. ^_^ I'd imagine them in kimonos would be very pretty, but I also think they're an obvious match for Halloween. That said, they probably match with Halloween too much, so combining them with a different theme would produce the most interesting results. We already have Valentine's Lif+Thrasir, and it's cool how they wound up kind of reminding me of funeral processions (from other countries) with their designs, while still blending in with the other Day of Devotion designs for that year. It was also a great way to spotlight Henriette and Gustav. (But I think I'm getting off topic now...) Anyway, more jelly skellies not stuck behind a paywall please! ^_^ Ooo what if we got Fallen Eir someday as a jelly skelly? Or even Fallen Ymir herself as a jelly skelly with a dragon form that matched? (Also, I'm still waiting for Dead Sharena from Book 3's key art. It'd be great if she got in someday.)

Ok, so we have the silhouettes already, one is more than obviously Nerfuz (of course they were going to put her, don't even know why I was hopeful they wouldn't) and the other one I'm 99% sure is Male Kana. Seidr is a given. Now I wonder if they'll let one of Gullveig, Kvasir or Heidr out, probably a trio of Seidr+Gullveig+Kvasir and then Heidr alone, or they'll leave Gullveig out (and then do a Heidr+Seidr duo, and Kvasir alone) as I don't think they ever added more thn 4 OCs on a NY banner (I mean, they even let Ótr out because of this), and the TT+ unit will probably be another dragon. 

How many days after the silhouettes do the banner trailers tend to come out, again?

On 12/25/2023 at 3:36 PM, Mercakete said:

Ah, let me clarify. It's more like "I don't expect much, but if we got this much then I'd be okay with it." I also don't like all the Freyja service (I think we only got regular Freyr so that IS could kind of get away with giving us Eitr as another Freyja without people complaining that much) but I want story/character relationship answers, and there are some commonalities (like Freyja and Seidr both having other versions of themselves living in their heads) that would be interesting to explore. That's about it, though. Of the units I listed, the only ones I actually want are Freyr and Njordr (and the dragons, depending on who they are.) I guess I'm thinking "This is likely. How do we turn this into the best-case scenario with what we're working with?" So, it's an opportunity to get answers and then not worry about these characters anymore (until everyone goes to war with Alfador, I suppose.)

Really, I'm looking forward to next year. I feel like there could be some fun kimono designs for the characters we know about from Book 8. (Also, Rataroskr is my favorite "Book Guide" character we've gotten, I think. I really hope IS doesn't drop the ball partway through the story this time...)

Things get a little bit off topic here so I'll put it in spoiler tags. It talks about Hel designs.

Hide contents

Ah, and I'd really like to see more Hel-based characters. You mentioned a Hel alt. Her take on anything other than bunnies would be fun. I just love the black armor + colorful jelly skellies designs; they're such a unique (and artistically beautiful) take on zombies. ^_^ I'd imagine them in kimonos would be very pretty, but I also think they're an obvious match for Halloween. That said, they probably match with Halloween too much, so combining them with a different theme would produce the most interesting results. We already have Valentine's Lif+Thrasir, and it's cool how they wound up kind of reminding me of funeral processions (from other countries) with their designs, while still blending in with the other Day of Devotion designs for that year. It was also a great way to spotlight Henriette and Gustav. (But I think I'm getting off topic now...) Anyway, more jelly skellies not stuck behind a paywall please! ^_^ Ooo what if we got Fallen Eir someday as a jelly skelly? Or even Fallen Ymir herself as a jelly skelly with a dragon form that matched? (Also, I'm still waiting for Dead Sharena from Book 3's key art. It'd be great if she got in someday.)

Oh, ok! I understand now!

I'm also excited for next year's NY banner, I hope they do some cool arts for them like they did for book V's OCs on their NY banner (NY Fafnir is still one of my favorite arts on the game, also the cog pattern on Reggin's and Fafnir's kimonos looked great and I liked that Dagr and Nótt were using their kimonos in different ways (figured it was a pretty in character way for them to use 'em too).

About your off topic thoughts:

Spoiler

Yeah I'd be a bit disappointed if they made a Bunny Hel (I think Easter alts might be the one seasonal I dislike more than Christmas) but at this point any Hel alt would make a bit happy too, I also like a lot the art of all of the Hel(place) characters (including Resplandescents) (both because I liked the "skelly jelly" thing and because I like their sort of gothic designs) and figure Hel(person) would look very pretty in a kimono too (imagine if it was a black kimono maybe with a pattern of spider lillies- that are flowers that symbolize death in japanese culture- specially if the spider lillies were drawn more on the slightly pinkish side because it'd match the green from her eyes and the purple from her "jelly" parts, or if it it had some skull/bones pattern instead of spider lillies), would be even cooler if they somehow showed or aluded in some way to that circular(?) pattern she has on the chest and close to her armpits (I always liked that pattern a lot). Anyway, I'd kill for a New Year Hel (bonus points if Ganglot was with her, I wish we can get a duo of them one day, which will probably never happen). Also I agree that Halloween matches TOO much too so I'd be cooler if they chose other theme for a seasonal, even if not NY.

Also WHAT? I had never realized that V!Líf+Thrasir alluded to funerary processions but now I totally see it, what I like too is that their clothes also try to hide their "jelly" parts.

I'm pretty convinced that Sharena's design on book III's key art is just her funerary attire (on the book's movie we see her dying on her regular clothes and later laying dead in front of Alfonse, also while using her regular clothes) so I think they'll never do this and there's probably not a logic reason for them to, but ignoring this I really wish they'd do it someday anyway, if only because I like those clothes a lot and because a dead Sharena using her normal clothes would be boring (I wonder if it be a skelly jelly Sharena using her funerary attire though, or just a normal dead sharena with grey skin (like F!Gustav) that'd use it). Also a Fallen Sharena from an alternative universe where she takes Líf's place wouldn't hurt anyone, I'd also be down for Fallen Ymir or Eir too (maybe on an alternative timeline where Eir stays at Hel's side and, since she has no more lifes to give her, offers to become a general to keep being "useful" to her).

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Ah, so we're talking about silhouettes here? Well, I saw them and here was my immediate thought: The left is M!Kana, the right is Nerpuz. I wonder if the duo (I can't remember the term right now so I'll use this) is going to be F!Corrin+Kvasir, perhaps with the theme of "you can choose your fate." Could just as easily be Gullveig or Seidr filling that role, but Seidr doesn't really need convincing. Man, I hope we get Njordr... But M!Kana is nice! Looking forward to him. 🙂

Ah, I also wanted to mention something: even if we don't get New Years Njordr, I'd be okay with it as long as we got Summer Njordr, and here's why: he's the sea god. The summer banners are usually all about the beach/sea. We also already have Summer Freyr and Summer Freyja. It would be awesome if they added him trying to connect with his kids while also trying to get them to stop being so obsessed with humans (which he can't relate to) and more interested in fish (which, it seems to me, he can relate to.) It could turn into one of those funny "dad can only talk about fish and wants the kids to be just as into it as he is" things. The logic: Nerpuz likes humans BECAUSE she's the goddess of the land and humans are land-based creatures. Her brother is her opposite, disliking humans because they're, again, land creatures. So, logically, he must really like sea creatures. I can just see him being all "Could we stop talking about humans? They're not nearly as interesting as these fish. Just look at them!" And Freyr (in particular, since Freyja's obsession over humans is negative ("you took my brother from me you jerks")) being all "Yeah, sure, Dad. Deep-sea creatures have a great variety of appearances. ... But humans dream and that makes them WAY more interesting. It's what goes on in the unconscious mind that draws me to them." And Njordr just not being able to get it at all.

(Freyr mentions in a castle conversation that he gets along well with his aunt (Nerpuz) because they both like humans.)

Edited by Mercakete