Special Heroes: Ring in the Year

Fire Emblem Fan

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The story being all about the oc girls going ''I...I like avatar-kun'' felt kinda cringe. I think that could easily be fixed by having them crush over Alfonse or literally anyone who's an actual character. 

It's still early in Book VIII, but it seems they have Ratatoskr covering that base.

Meanwhile, this is actual dialogue from Gullveig's Level 40 dialogue: "In all—past, present, future—I love you... Always." 

Having Kvasir and Seidr crush over Alfonse would directly contradict what has already been established. So, cringe as it may be, this Paralogue's story makes sense as it is.

It's kind of annoying that the game's writers just assume everyone still playing this game is even okay with the creepy goddesses continually hitting on you. If the game is going to insist that it's "catering" to me, I want an option to say no to unwanted stalkers.

This game is basically a stereotypical isekai, I guess.

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If the game is going to insist that it's "catering" to me, I want an option to say no to unwanted stalkers.

Tap the skip button.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tap the skip button.

I do, but that's nowhere near as fun as it would be to smash Seithr and her multiple personalities' hopes and dreams

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The story being all about the oc girls going ''I...I like avatar-kun'' felt kinda cringe. I think that could easily be fixed by having them crush over Alfonse or literally anyone who's an actual character. 

Yeah, ironically I've seen a bunch of people call the freebies (or when there's too much women on a book) "the Alfonse harem" but I don't think anyone ever actually crushed over him, if we're not counting dead Veronica crushing (for lack of a better word) over dead Alfonse lol. Not that it HAD to on Alfonse, but they should find another target that is not Kiran.

And I think that with Seidr (and Kvasir, + Heidr just shipping all the time) they went a bit overboard with it... more than they ever had with this "I-I love summoner kun" thing.

I think the big issue is audience vs genre. Like, you expect something with more depth and rationale in a Fire Emblem game, but as has been mentioned, a few of the characters are acting like this is a dating sim. I get that FE has had dating sim elements in previous titles, but that's never been the main focus/genre. So Book 7 was just SO "dating sim" in its style of writing (without even making the mechanics match it) isn't really appealing to most of the established fanbase (from what I've observed.)

All that said, there is one thing I liked about this. Nerpuz bleats for one of her attack lines. That was hilarious. I feel better about considering summoning her.

24 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I think the big issue is audience vs genre. Like, you expect something with more depth and rationale in a Fire Emblem game, but as has been mentioned, a few of the characters are acting like this is a dating sim. I get that FE has had dating sim elements in previous titles, but that's never been the main focus/genre. So Book 7 was just SO "dating sim" in its style of writing (without even making the mechanics match it) isn't really appealing to most of the established fanbase (from what I've observed.)

All that said, there is one thing I liked about this. Nerpuz bleats for one of her attack lines. That was hilarious. I feel better about considering summoning her.

Yeah, now that you mention it, book VII really seemed a lot more "dating simmey" than... er, ever. I think that at this point they realized the game sells enough for them to not have to do what appeals to the established fanbase, as long as it appeals to the few people that spend the most money on the game (that very likely are the people that like the dating sim aspects).

I'm happy that book VIII isn't like this (at least for now, but I'd bet on it not turning out to become like this at any point, given that the trailer, the first 2 chapters and the feh channel regarding the new book didn't market it like this at any point), but this makes me worry a bit that the TT+ story of the year might try to appeal to the dating sim folks, in "compensation"... (also, what the hell? We're already at book V's TT+?? when I think like this, it makes it look like the past 3 years passed way too fast).

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

These paralogues can jump right off a cliff. I hate this powercreep, it's disgusting, I'm disgusted. I cannot hurt the objectively sack of poop goat no matter what I try. Screw this absolute malarkey.

The easiest way to take her down is with an AoE Special from a tome unit.

Any unit that can pre-charge a Special that ignores percentage damage reduction (or has another effect that nullifies percentage damage reduction) should also work.

21 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yeah, ironically I've seen a bunch of people call the freebies (or when there's too much women on a book) "the Alfonse harem" but I don't think anyone ever actually crushed over him, if we're not counting dead Veronica crushing (for lack of a better word) over dead Alfonse lol. Not that it HAD to on Alfonse, but they should find another target that is not Kiran.

And I think that with Seidr (and Kvasir, + Heidr just shipping all the time) they went a bit overboard with it... more than they ever had with this "I-I love summoner kun" thing.

Clearly this means all the OC girls should start crushing on Sharena.

48 minutes ago, Florete said:

That would require IS to acknowledge Sharena in any meaningful way, and they seem pretty hellbent on not doing that.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The easiest way to take her down is with an AoE Special from a tome unit.

Any unit that can pre-charge a Special that ignores percentage damage reduction (or has another effect that nullifies percentage damage reduction) should also work.

It took me a few tries, but I did it with this, thanks. I still feel a little frustrated at it.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That would require IS to acknowledge Sharena in any meaningful way, and they seem pretty hellbent on not doing that.

I have the impression that they're ignoring her a lot less, as of recently. She got to be on the Ending Movie of book VI with Veronica, book VII was a lapse of quality in every sense but even so it was to her that Nerfuz told that "code" that she had to tell her back on the past, and she (along with Anna) had a good amount of dialogue on the first chapters of the current book (I hope It'll stay like this though).

"Spoilers" based on the trailer of Book VIII:

Spoiler

Who saw the trailer knows that Henriette is a target of the assassin guild too, I bet anything that she'll die by the end of the book. This would mean that Alfonse becomes the King of Askr and likely gets a Legendary alt, I wonder if they'll give a Legendary alt to Sharena too (It'd be nice if they focused some storyline on her and then gave her the Legendary alt by the end of the storyline).

5 hours ago, Florete said:

T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶.

In all seriousness, any other target other than Kiran is more acceptable for me. Of course I wouldn't like it if Sharena acumulated a whole harem too (if it was one or other character liking I wouldn't mind a bit) but It would still be preferable than making Kiran's cringe admirers become bigger and bigger. Like, wtf you like me so much, you anime PNGs? All I did was to play a mobile game!