Ch21 Boots Allocation

Which units in Fire Emblem 6 are the best users of the Boots-stat boosters from the Chapter 21 secret shop in the context of a moderately fast play-through of the game on Hard mode? Note that I have already given the Chapter 14 Boots to Melady. 

I am currently considering giving them to the following units in order of priority: Perceval, Alan(trained and promoted, somewhat stat blessed), Lalum, Rutger and Lance(trained and promoted).

I can afford 9 Boots in total and haven't yet decided who to give the last 4 to. (The units mentioned above are going to get the first five Boots for sure.)

Just to clarify, by a moderately fast playthrough I mean I play as fast as possible without putting units at a significant chance of death. I also use Warp staves and rescue-drops to reduce my turn count. For reference, I completed Chapter 21 in about 10-15 turns, Chapter 22 in 14 turns and Chapter 23 in 11 turns. (all of these involved heavy Warp staff usage by Niime and Yodel).

Edits in response to replies:

1. @ARMADS!!! Yes, I plan to play through all of the Gaiden chapters and get the good ending. I will consider giving it to Roy since I have a ton of Boots and can spare one for Roy. I am playing on hard mode though, so it may be more productive to give it to a strong combat unit to make it an even better combat unit. I am also considering giving another pair of Boots to Melady.

2. @Shanty Pete's 1st Mate I am using Thany/Shanna consistently and use Zeiss if I have 14 or more deployment slots. Both my Zeiss and Shanna are promoted as well(they were both promoted at level 10)(my Shanna has been given an Angelic Robe and a Dracoshield as well). I am strongly considering giving one of my Boots to Shanna, but I'm not sure on Zeiss since he's one of my weaker units. They're both good choices for Boots though since it would improve their Rescue-dropping abilities a lot, which is the main reason I use them.

3. @ARMADS!!! I meant to say I had 4 Boots left over AFTER giving 5 of them to Perceval, Alan, Rutger, Lalum and Lance. I'm going to take your advice and give one to Melady, Shanna and Roy. I still have one pair of Boots left over, who would you reccomend giving this one to? I was thinking of giving it to Klein since he can use Murgleis and the last 3 chapters are full of enemies Bows and the Murgleis are good against. The members of my Ch22 roster that have not yet received boots are: Cecilia, Clarine(promoted), Echidna(can use Armads), Niime, Zeiss, Klein(can use Murgleis), Yodel and Fa. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Cdijk16

2 hours ago, Cdijk16 said:

Which units in Fire Emblem 6 are the best users of the Boots-stat boosters from the Chapter 21 secret shop in the context of a moderately fast play-through of the game on Hard mode? Note that I have already given the Chapter 14 Boots to Melady. 

I am currently considering giving them to the following units in order of priority: Perceval, Alan(trained and promoted, somewhat stat blessed), Lalum, Rutger and Lance(trained and promoted).

I'd absolutely give it to either Rutger or Lalum, depends on how much you think "Gee, I wish Lalum had a bit more mov so she could refresh that unit over there", if you never think this then give it to Rutger (specially considering that if you refresh him, then he'd be able to walk 4 more spaces on that turn than he normally would). I think none would make the playthrought much faster than the other since a Lalum with boots would be able to refresh anyone, BUT a Rutger with boots would be a better killing machine. Well, depending on how stat blesses your Alan is, you might want to give it to him since he'd be able to counterattack 2 range foes too after infiltrating on a bunch of enemies, I'd still personally prefer Rutger though.

Also, two questions:

1) If you have a specific order of priority to give the boots to, why don't you follow it?(genuinely curious, I just wanna know if you're here only for a second opinion on the priotity list of units or if you accelt any sort of advice, specially since mine recommends the units that are almost at the bottom of the list)

2) How many boots can you afford? Just one pair?

Edited by ARMADS!!!

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

What’s your plan for Douglas in Ch 16?

I usually give the first boots to a Pegasus since you need Melady to recruit Zeiss

I used a Sleep staff on him(Douglas). I have already cleared chapter 16, I am on Chapter 21 currently. 

I'm a fan of at least one pair of Boots on your refresher. It really opens your options up on player-phase.

Another possibility is Roy. Sure, your mounted units can carry him most places. But with every map a Seize, being able to do so from further away is always welcome.

Finally, are you running any other fliers? Zeiss or the Pegasus Knights? They have much higher Aid than Miledy, which lets them transport more units around.

Obligatory "I have not played hard mode and am speaking based on my normal mode experience" disclaimer.

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Added details.

20 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Obligatory "I have not played hard mode and am speaking based on my normal mode experience" disclaimer.

I'm claiming this disclaimer too.

@Cdijk16, I agree that Roy might be a good option too since you want a "moderately fast" playthrough (although I guess you could give it to Lalum and then refresh Roy/whoever is carrying Roy too, but that could not work 100% of the time if Lalum you close enough to refresh them).

Also, are you playing Gaiden chapters and plan on getting the good ending? If yes, that could make it one more reason to give it to Roy, specially since you're that far of on the game already. If not then no point in giving it to Roy.

22 hours ago, Cdijk16 said:

1. @ARMADS!!! Yes, I plan to play through all of the Gaiden chapters and get the good ending. I will consider giving it to Roy since I have a ton of Boots and can spare one for Roy. I am playing on hard mode though, so it may be more productive to give it to a strong combat unit to make it an even better combat unit. I am also considering giving another pair of Boots to Melady.

I really think you should spare one to Roy them, since you're in chapter 21, he'll become a viable unit on the very next chapter (it's pretty useful to have as good of possible of a Roy on the penultime chapter specially since you're always moving, and on the last one too, specially if you want to reach Idunn faster than you normally would to save turns, in case you care about ranking). Since you have 4 boots, I'd probably give 1 to Roy, at least one to Lalum (but for the sake of simplicity, let's say just one), one for Rutger, one for Alan and one either to Melady or Shanna (or you could give both to Melady and Shanna, and then let either Rutger or Alan out, I'd still give one to Roy though since you're already close to the end of the game, but you do you, if tou think someone else can benefit more from it than Roy in your playthrough then you're probably right since you're the one that knows how much each unit is being used and what are their stats now).

On 1/1/2024 at 8:49 AM, Cdijk16 said:

I am using Thany/Shanna consistently and use Zeiss if I have 14 or more deployment slots. Both my Zeiss and Shanna are promoted as well(they were both promoted at level 10)(my Shanna has been given an Angelic Robe and a Dracoshield as well). I am strongly considering giving one of my Boots to Shanna, but I'm not sure on Zeiss since he's one of my weaker units. They're both good choices for Boots though since it would improve their Rescue-dropping abilities a lot, which is the main reason I use them.

Since you have invested in Shanna, I think Boots would be a great choice for her. If I'm not mistaken, she has the highest Aid of any flying unit. This can come in handy if you're using any higher-Con combat units. Plus, more-mobile fliers are just great in general.

I meant to say I had 4 Boots left over AFTER giving 5 of them to Perceval, Alan, Rutger, Lalum and Lance. I'm going to take your advice and give one to Melady, Shanna and Roy.

All sound like very solid picks!

I was thinking of giving it to Klein since he can use Murgleis and the last 3 chapters are full of enemies Bows and the Murgleis are good against. The members of my Ch22 roster that have not yet received boots are: Cecilia, Clarine(promoted), Echidna(can use Armads), Niime, Zeiss, Klein(can use Murgleis), Yodel and Fa. Thanks for the advice!

I like the idea of Klein, since he's moreso suited to player-phase action, whereas other combat units (Echidna, Niime, Rutger) can do great just dropped onto a Forest or Mountain tile. Fa could actually work to this end, too, since she does a ton of damage to enemy Manaketes, but isn't particularly safe taking damage from them.

My one other thought is, a higher-move staffbot could enable Rescue staff strats that wouldn't be possible otherwise. Of course, that also depends on their Magic stat being high enough.

On 1/1/2024 at 1:49 PM, Cdijk16 said:

:

3. @ARMADS!!! I meant to say I had 4 Boots left over AFTER giving 5 of them to Perceval, Alan, Rutger, Lalum and Lance. I'm going to take your advice and give one to Melady, Shanna and Roy. I still have one pair of Boots left over, who would you reccomend giving this one to? I was thinking of giving it to Klein since he can use Murgleis and the last 3 chapters are full of enemies Bows and the Murgleis are good against. The members of my Ch22 roster that have not yet received boots are: Cecilia, Clarine(promoted), Echidna(can use Armads), Niime, Zeiss, Klein(can use Murgleis), Yodel and Fa. Thanks for the advice!

Cecilia is shit (at least in my experience) so unless yours turned out great I'd disconsider her immediately (or you use her as staffbot? If yes, then consider who is the best between her and your Clarine, and if it's Cecilia then every time I mention Clarine on the post you can pretend I'm talking about Cecilia), I'd also not use it on Zeiss since you said before that he's one of your weaker units and you already gave boots to two other flying units (unless if you like flying units a LOT, if it's just for rescue dropping then give it to a cavalier or one more to Melady or Shanna, to save a deployment spot instead of using on Zeiss), is your Yodel a lot better than Clarine on any relevant stat/staff ranking? If not then you could disconsider him too (unless if you REALLY LIKE Yodel) because her better mobility and aid means she's rarely gonna be worse than him.

That leaves Klein, Echidna, Clarine and Niime. If your Niime is a staffbot I'd ignore her as an option too (and use Clarine instead unless tour Nimme turned out a LOT better than her or tou absolutely need 2 staffbots more than one more combat unit with higher mov from the bootd), but if she can use Apocalypse and you're planning on using her on the last few chapters then she's a good option (also if yours is good for combat you could do as @Shanty Pete's 1st Matesaid and just let her on a forest tile for enemy phase). Between the other 3, if you think a mounted and promoted healer with higher mov is essential then you could absolutely give to Clarine but she already has a good mobility so unless you really thinks it's essential (specially because maybe she has acess to physics) or unless you're thinking of using her as a combat unit and she's good enough, give them to Echidna or Klein. I have my reservations about Fa because she has very few uses on her stone to be viable as a frequent combat unit for a lot of chapters, you probably want the boots on a unit that'll make use of them on as much turns and chapters as possible, so yeah unless you really like Fa, I wouldn't give it to her either.

This leaves Echidna and Klein (or Niime, depending on how good is yours and how you're gonna user, and Clarine if you think it's essential to have her mobility be higher), At this point I think it's a bit subjective. Echidna can also counter bow users if she has a hand axe, if you don't have hand axes (or only have very few) then you might want to give it to Klein (or Niime, if she has a decent enough Avoid or Def to not die by them), otherwise just throw the boots on the one you like the most I think (between Klein, Echidna, and Niime if she's good for combat), I don't think any of them would be a bad option.

EDIT: If you're planning on giving them to Niime and she doesn't have and S rank on dark magic yet, try to use the rest of this chapter and the next gaiden to raise her rank as much as possible, so she can use Apocalypse immediately after 21x, if possible.

EDIT 2 (improtant!): Im sorry, I just noticed you said that the next chapters are "full of enemies bows are good against", I initially misread it as "full of enemies with bows". I'd absolutely favour Klein over Echina in this case (unless tour Niime can use Apocalypse, because then she'd deal a bunch of damage on them too since Wyvern riders- or enemies on general in FE6- usually have low res, and she can act as staffbot when needed). If you're in doubt between Klein and Niime, then choose the one you like the most, but if your Niime is not too good then absolutely go with Klein.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

On 1/1/2024 at 11:25 AM, Cdijk16 said:

I used a Sleep staff on him(Douglas). I have already cleared chapter 16, I am on Chapter 21 currently. 

Oh, gotcha 

I was getting things confused with Project Ember for a minute there, thats why I asked. I usually lead Douglas outside with a falcoknight and bounce back and between the same two spots. Now ya see me, now ya dont  lol 😁

In the Project Ember version that dont work without the boots and even then its kind of a trick

In your case I’d just buy as many as you can afford and give em to whoever’s gonna take it home for ya. 2 extra range for a flyer or paladin will come in handy with the manaketes sneakin up on your slow guys from behind in the last couple chapters 

9 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Oh, gotcha 

I was getting things confused with Project Ember for a minute there, thats why I asked. I usually lead Douglas outside with a falcoknight and bounce back and between the same two spots. Now ya see me, now ya dont  lol 😁

In the Project Ember version that dont work without the boots and even then its kind of a trick

In your case I’d just buy as many as you can afford and give em to whoever’s gonna take it home for ya. 2 extra range for a flyer or paladin will come in handy with the manaketes sneakin up on your slow guys from behind in the last couple chapters 

I̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶D̶o̶u̶g̶l̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶3̶ ̶u̶n̶a̶r̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶+̶ ̶L̶a̶l̶u̶m̶/̶E̶l̶p̶h̶i̶n̶ ̶(̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶D̶o̶u̶g̶l̶a̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶s̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.̶.̶.̶

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Cecilia is shit (at least in my experience) so unless yours turned out great I'd disconsider her immediately (or you use her as staffbot? If yes, then consider who is the best between her and your Clarine, and if it's Cecilia then every time I mention Clarine on the post you can pretend I'm talking about Cecilia), I'd also not use it on Zeiss since you said before that he's one of your weaker units and you already gave boots to two other flying units (unless if you like flying units a LOT, if it's just for rescue dropping then give it to a cavalier or one more to Melady or Shanna, to save a deployment spot instead of using on Zeiss), is your Yodel a lot better than Clarine on any relevant stat/staff ranking? If not then you could disconsider him too (unless if you REALLY LIKE Yodel) because her better mobility and aid means she's rarely gonna be worse than him.

That leaves Klein, Echidna, Clarine and Niime. If your Niime is a staffbot I'd ignore her as an option too (and use Clarine instead unless tour Nimme turned out a LOT better than her or tou absolutely need 2 staffbots more than one more combat unit with higher mov from the bootd), but if she can use Apocalypse and you're planning on using her on the last few chapters then she's a good option (also if yours is good for combat you could do as @Shanty Pete's 1st Matesaid and just let her on a forest tile for enemy phase). Between the other 3, if you think a mounted and promoted healer with higher mov is essential then you could absolutely give to Clarine but she already has a good mobility so unless you really thinks it's essential (specially because maybe she has acess to physics) or unless you're thinking of using her as a combat unit and she's good enough, give them to Echidna or Klein. I have my reservations about Fa because she has very few uses on her stone to be viable as a frequent combat unit for a lot of chapters, you probably want the boots on a unit that'll make use of them on as much turns and chapters as possible, so yeah unless you really like Fa, I wouldn't give it to her either.

This leaves Echidna and Klein (or Niime, depending on how good is yours and how you're gonna user, and Clarine if you think it's essential to have her mobility be higher), At this point I think it's a bit subjective. Echidna can also counter bow users if she has a hand axe, if you don't have hand axes (or only have very few) then you might want to give it to Klein (or Niime, if she has a decent enough Avoid or Def to not die by them), otherwise just throw the boots on the one you like the most I think (between Klein, Echidna, and Niime if she's good for combat), I don't think any of them would be a bad option.

EDIT: If you're planning on giving them to Niime and she doesn't have and S rank on dark magic yet, try to use the rest of this chapter and the next gaiden to raise her rank as much as possible, so she can use Apocalypse immediately after 21x, if possible.

EDIT 2 (improtant!): Im sorry, I just noticed you said that the next chapters are "full of enemies bows are good against", I initially misread it as "full of enemies with bows". I'd absolutely favour Klein over Echina in this case (unless tour Niime can use Apocalypse, because then she'd deal a bunch of damage on them too since Wyvern riders- or enemies on general in FE6- usually have low res, and she can act as staffbot when needed). If you're in doubt between Klein and Niime, then choose the one you like the most, but if your Niime is not too good then absolutely go with Klein.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to give the Boots to Klein since my Niime can't use Apocalypse. 

1. My Clarine only has 10 Magic compared to Yodel's 19 Magic, which means Yodel has much better range and healing when using the Physic staff and other similar long-range Staves such as Warp. I'm also making heavy use of the Warp staff to shave turns and skip large portions of chapters, making Yodel's extra Warp range a big boon. also don't have any other good fillers I could be using (Deke and Saul are both dead in my save file, and a promoted Ellen is my only other option), so I'm going to field Yodel as one of my fillers. I'm still going to use Clarine though since I want multiple staff bots and her Rescue utility is very nice to have. My Clarine is bad at combat due to only having E rank in Anima magic and very low Magic, so I'm not giving her the Boots.  I'm not planning to give either one of them the boots, the only units out of that list I was seriously considering giving Boots to are Echidna and Klein. 

2. I use Cecilia as a Staff bot most of the time, and I don't have a whole lot of good fillers on my save file, so I'm still going to deploy her for Chapter 22-23. Everything I said about Yodel above also applies to Cecilia minus the stuff about Warp. Mine can't use Forblaze and isn't very good at combat, so I'm not going to give her the Boots either. 

3. Just to clarify, by a moderately fast playthrough I mean I play as fast as possible without putting units at a significant chance of death. I also use Warp staves and rescue-drops to reduce my turn count. For reference, I completed Chapter 21 in about 10-15 turns, Chapter 22 in 14 turns and Chapter 23 in 11 turns. (all of these involved heavy Warp staff usage by Niime and Yodel).

Edited by Cdijk16

Posted (edited)

As a side note, I think giving a second pair of Boots to Melady was certainly the right call efficiency-wise since in Chapter 24 it allowed me to kill Zephiel and seize the throne on the same turn as revealing him in conjuction with 2 Warp staff users, Rescue staff Cecillia, a Dancer and a very strong Durandal Rutger. It also did wonders for speeding up my Chapter 22 and 23 clear in general. Melady is great at making use of 12 movement thanks to her high offensive stats and Delphi shield. For anyone reading this, If you have Boots to spare, I definitely recommend giving a second pair of Boots to Melady.

Edited by Cdijk16

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Wait, did the last pair go to Melady (again) or to Klein, after all?

Both of them got the Boots stat booster. I decided against giving Boots to Roy since mine is extremely under-leveled (stats are almost equivalent to base Roy + promotion gains) and he gets carried to the seize point by one of my mounted units anyways. 

On 1/4/2024 at 8:07 AM, Cdijk16 said:

Both of them got the Boots stat booster. I decided against giving Boots to Roy since mine is extremely under-leveled (stats are almost equivalent to base Roy + promotion gains) and he gets carried to the seize point by one of my mounted units anyways. 

Hmm, great decisions in the end, good that you decided on who to give 'em to.

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing another playthrough of Binding Blade on Hard mode, this time going through the Sacae route. I have obtained 18 pairs of Boots from the Chapter 21 Secret Shop and would once again like to request advice on how to optimally allocate them. 

My roster for Chapter 22 is as follows: Roy (4/1), Shanna (10/5, roughly average stats + Angelic Robe), Miledy (11/13, 10 Movement), Lance (16/8, Speed and Strength blessed), Shin (16/14, S rank bows), Cecilia (About average, B staves), Elphin, Percival (11, nearly at A rank axes), Rutger (10/16), Alan (16/3 , roughly average, Speedwings invested), Niime (not yet at S dark), Saul, Lugh (A anima), Dayan, Klein, Deke, Yodel , Fa.

Since my goal is to clear chapters as fast as possible without putting units at risk of death, I am thinking of concentrating the Boots onto a small group of mounted units instead of spreading them thin throughout the whole army. Having a few mounted units with 12/14 Movement may be more useful for my goal than a whole army with 8/10 Movement. 12/14 Mov mounted units would be capable of reaching objectives in less turns and with some smart use of the Rescue-Take-Release commands would help bring my other units to a similar level of movement.

Below is my current ranked list of who I plan give the Boots too, with the number of Boots I plan to give them. I still have 4 Boots left over and havent decided who to give them to yet. I would also appreciate a second opinion on some of my existing choices.

1. Miledy (2 Boots)

2. Lance (2 Boots)

3. Rutger(2 Boots)

4. Shin (2 Boots)

5. Percival (2 Boots)

6. Elphin (2 Boots)

7. Alan (1 Boots)

8. Shanna(1 Boots)

1 hour ago, Cdijk16 said:

I am doing another playthrough of Binding Blade on Hard mode, this time going through the Sacae route. I have obtained 18 pairs of Boots from the Chapter 21 Secret Shop and would once again like to request advice on how to optimally allocate them. 

My roster for Chapter 22 is as follows: Roy (4/1), Shanna (10/5, roughly average stats + Angelic Robe), Miledy (11/13, 10 Movement), Lance (16/8, Speed and Strength blessed), Shin (16/14, S rank bows), Cecilia (About average, B staves), Elphin, Percival (11, nearly at A rank axes), Rutger (10/16), Alan (16/3 , roughly average, Speedwings invested), Niime (not yet at S dark), Saul, Lugh (A anima), Dayan, Klein, Deke, Yodel , Fa.

Since my goal is to clear chapters as fast as possible without putting units at risk of death, I am thinking of concentrating the Boots onto a small group of mounted units instead of spreading them thin throughout the whole army. Having a few mounted units with 12/14 Movement may be more useful for my goal than a whole army with 8/10 Movement. 12/14 Mov mounted units would be capable of reaching objectives in less turns and with some smart use of the Rescue-Take-Release commands would help bring my other units to a similar level of movement.

Below is my current ranked list of who I plan give the Boots too, with the number of Boots I plan to give them. I still have 4 Boots left over and havent decided who to give them to yet. I would also appreciate a second opinion on some of my existing choices.

1. Miledy (2 Boots)

2. Lance (2 Boots)

3. Rutger(2 Boots)

4. Shin (2 Boots)

5. Percival (2 Boots)

6. Elphin (2 Boots)

7. Alan (1 Boots)

8. Shanna(1 Boots)

Hey, apologize for the lenght of the text in advance.

- I think your options are fine, I personally never use that many mounted units at once but since you even planned on making an "all mounted squad" then do it, if it floats your boat go with it. Maybe I'd do it differently but just for preference matters not because your choices were unoptimal.

- Are the units cited here...

...The only characters you're using until the end of the game? Is everyone else benched? or these are just your units for chapter 22?

- Does Miledy really need 14 mov? If she does then nothing against it but on chapter 22 there's a lot of chokepoints so she may not even make full use of all of this mov, in chapter 23 you have mostly Wyvern riders (that can come to your direction sorta fast, specially if you place her on the middle of the map and let them come, so the 14 mov might be overkill) and manaketes (and does she have enough res to fight them?) and chapter 24 is also a bunch of chokepoints. Not criticizing the choice, you played the game a lot more recently than me so you must know better, but I can't help but to wonder if it won't be overkill to give her 2 more boots (also when she does manage to use all of her mov, it'll take longer for Elphin to reach her, and healers too so if she doesn't have good def, res and HP it might be a problem sometimes), I'd probably give just one instead.

- Shin definitively sounds like a great option, if yours turned out that great, must be nice to have a mounted unit that can use a bow instead of having to use Javelins to get range 2, specially because of the S rank. Do you like bows a lot? If not, then you might disconsider Klein already (unless he's very good too, if he is then he'd be a good help in chapter 24). Also who else can use S rank weapons or is close to it? You might want them for the second to last chapter (and for chapter 23 too, but specially for the second to last).

- Good point on Elphin too. I'd give him one more pair even, because then he'll be able to reach your super mov mounted units, otherwise (with 2 boots) he'll move 9 spaced while say, Melady will be moving 14 (or other units moving like, 12) so you'll always have to slow down most of your super mov units for Elphin to reach them.

- Does your Fa still have a lot of uses left on her dragon stone left? Since you're already near the end of the game anyway, you don't have to worry about her stone running out of uses (if you aren't low on uses already), you could have a lot of fun by throwing a pair or two (or three even, if you manage to have a spare for it) on her and drain her dragon stone on the final chapters (and after the dragon stone ends, just stop using her, you won't need her on the final chapter anyway as it's basically just Idunn so you have just 2 or 3 chapter, depending on if you already started chap 22 or not), also she could be a great help on chapter 24 since it has so many manaketes and her stone is effective against them. Maybe not exactly the most optimal option in the world but since you have so many boots anyway and are that far into the game, sounds like she'd be a pretty fun killing machine (that doesn't have to last for too many chapters, which shouldn't be a problem at this point).

- Don't you want any magic user with super mov too? All of your options are physical. It'd be useful to have a staffbot (or at least a good mage that can use a basic heal staff) that is able to reach your super mov units without having to rely on Elphin to refresh them to get there each time one of your super mov units needs a basic healing. What are your best mages and/or staffbots?  Maybe train this Lugh to reach S in anima so he can be extra useful on chapter 24, or just any good mage should do, any would be good to have around in chapter 23 with all those wyvern riders (and even better if any had an S rank in any tome type, because then they'll be good against the manaketes in chapter 23 too and extra useful in chapter 24). Also, I don't remember exactly but manaketes in FE6 target always only Res. right? If yes then one more motive to have a good mage around. I find it that the more mages the better on these last few chapters, if your Cecilia is good maybe you wanna use her, or Niime even if she doesn't have S rank yet could still be good, see which of your mages are the best and how many you wanna have around.

- About your other choices, Rutger is always great to have, Percival is a great option specially with that axe rank, great to have at least one flying unit too. The other mounted units seem fine too . Just one thing,  does your Rutger holds his own well (since it's hard mode, and the next enemies are almost all wyvern riders and manaketes, and you're probably not building supports to have an optimal playthrought)? Because I'm all for Rutger but if he might fall behind because of the reasons I just said and become benched for these final chapters then you might not even want to bother giving boots to him, but if he still holds well then absolutely do.

- So basically, I think I'd give one less pair of boots to Melady, one more to Elphin (or more, if you have more to give, the more the better), around two to a good mage (that can at least use a basic heal staff) but you can always switch some of the mounted units for more mages if it suits you (and if you don't have enough boots for both), and simply for finding it awesome I'd give 2 to Fae to turn her on a killing machine but if you don't want to then give them to another mage (or to Klein if he's specially good, or to another unit that is close to getting an S rank).

19 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Hey, apologize for the lenght of the text in advance.

- I think your options are fine, I personally never use that many mounted units at once but since you even planned on making an "all mounted squad" then do it, if it floats your boat go with it. Maybe I'd do it differently but just for preference matters not because your choices were unoptimal.

- Are the units cited here...

...The only characters you're using until the end of the game? Is everyone else benched? or these are just your units for chapter 22?

- Does Miledy really need 14 mov? If she does then nothing against it but on chapter 22 there's a lot of chokepoints so she may not even make full use of all of this mov, in chapter 23 you have mostly Wyvern riders (that can come to your direction sorta fast, specially if you place her on the middle of the map and let them come, so the 14 mov might be overkill) and manaketes (and does she have enough res to fight them?) and chapter 24 is also a bunch of chokepoints. Not criticizing the choice, you played the game a lot more recently than me so you must know better, but I can't help but to wonder if it won't be overkill to give her 2 more boots (also when she does manage to use all of her mov, it'll take longer for Elphin to reach her, and healers too so if she doesn't have good def, res and HP it might be a problem sometimes), I'd probably give just one instead.

- Shin definitively sounds like a great option, if yours turned out that great, must be nice to have a mounted unit that can use a bow instead of having to use Javelins to get range 2, specially because of the S rank. Do you like bows a lot? If not, then you might disconsider Klein already (unless he's very good too, if he is then he'd be a good help in chapter 24). Also who else can use S rank weapons or is close to it? You might want them for the second to last chapter (and for chapter 23 too, but specially for the second to last).

- Good point on Elphin too. I'd give him one more pair even, because then he'll be able to reach your super mov mounted units, otherwise (with 2 boots) he'll move 9 spaced while say, Melady will be moving 14 (or other units moving like, 12) so you'll always have to slow down most of your super mov units for Elphin to reach them.

- Does your Fa still have a lot of uses left on her dragon stone left? Since you're already near the end of the game anyway, you don't have to worry about her stone running out of uses (if you aren't low on uses already), you could have a lot of fun by throwing a pair or two (or three even, if you manage to have a spare for it) on her and drain her dragon stone on the final chapters (and after the dragon stone ends, just stop using her, you won't need her on the final chapter anyway as it's basically just Idunn so you have just 2 or 3 chapter, depending on if you already started chap 22 or not), also she could be a great help on chapter 24 since it has so many manaketes and her stone is effective against them. Maybe not exactly the most optimal option in the world but since you have so many boots anyway and are that far into the game, sounds like she'd be a pretty fun killing machine (that doesn't have to last for too many chapters, which shouldn't be a problem at this point).

- Don't you want any magic user with super mov too? All of your options are physical. It'd be useful to have a staffbot (or at least a good mage that can use a basic heal staff) that is able to reach your super mov units without having to rely on Elphin to refresh them to get there each time one of your super mov units needs a basic healing. What are your best mages and/or staffbots?  Maybe train this Lugh to reach S in anima so he can be extra useful on chapter 24, or just any good mage should do, any would be good to have around in chapter 23 with all those wyvern riders (and even better if any had an S rank in any tome type, because then they'll be good against the manaketes in chapter 23 too and extra useful in chapter 24). Also, I don't remember exactly but manaketes in FE6 target always only Res. right? If yes then one more motive to have a good mage around. I find it that the more mages the better on these last few chapters, if your Cecilia is good maybe you wanna use her, or Niime even if she doesn't have S rank yet could still be good, see which of your mages are the best and how many you wanna have around.

- About your other choices, Rutger is always great to have, Percival is a great option specially with that axe rank, great to have at least one flying unit too. The other mounted units seem fine too . Just one thing,  does your Rutger holds his own well (since it's hard mode, and the next enemies are almost all wyvern riders and manaketes, and you're probably not building supports to have an optimal playthrought)? Because I'm all for Rutger but if he might fall behind because of the reasons I just said and become benched for these final chapters then you might not even want to bother giving boots to him, but if he still holds well then absolutely do.

- So basically, I think I'd give one less pair of boots to Melady, one more to Elphin (or more, if you have more to give, the more the better), around two to a good mage (that can at least use a basic heal staff) but you can always switch some of the mounted units for more mages if it suits you (and if you don't have enough boots for both), and simply for finding it awesome I'd give 2 to Fae to turn her on a killing machine but if you don't want to then give them to another mage (or to Klein if he's specially good, or to another unit that is close to getting an S rank).

1. The units in my Chapter 22 roster + Klein are the only units I plan to use throughout the rest of the game. Everyone else on my save file besides Klein and Igrene are too under-leveled to be useful in any of the endgame chapters.

2. I can't think of any specific instances where a 14 Mov Melady would be better than a 12 Mov one. I mostly considered getting her to 14 Mov because high Mov combat fliers are always great.

3. My Klein also has S-rank bows, but Shin is using the Murgleis already, so I won't be giving him any Boots this time around. My Percival is nearly at S rank Axes for Armads, which will be very useful in Chapter 24 and he's already one of my best combat units, so he will be getting 2 pairs of Boots.

4. My Niime is also nearly at S-rank Dark for Apocalypse, so I'll give her some Boots so that she can keep up with my super movement mounted units. My staffbots mostly use Physic, so them falling behind my super Mov units shouldnt be too much of an issue.

5. My Rutger is one of my strongest combat units and best boss-killer by far, so I'll give him another pair so that he can get to 12 Mov and reach Zephiel on the same turn he is revealed without needing a Warp staff. 

6. Good point on Elphin, will do.

7. My Fa has 27 Dragonstone uses left, which should be more than enough for the last 3 chapters of the game given she mostly fights on player phase and doesn't double. I'll give her 2 Boots to let her keep up in Chapter 24 and not have to be rescue dropped while also contributing something combat wise.

So you'll give:

1 to Melady,

2 to Shin (you didn't mention one right now how many you're giving him but yesterday you said 2 so I'm assuming 2)

2 to Percival

"some" to Niime (I'd guess around 3, since you want her to keep up with the super movement mounted units, I'll count it as 3 for arguments sake)

1 to Rutger

3 to Elphin 

2 to Fae

Is it?

If it's just this then you still have 4 boots left. Or you already gave some pairs to some of the other options you had listed before (like Shanna, Lance or Alan, or to one more mage like Lugh since he's close to S rank). 

49 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

So you'll give:

1 to Melady,

2 to Shin (you didn't mention one right now how many you're giving him but yesterday you said 2 so I'm assuming 2)

2 to Percival

"some" to Niime (I'd guess around 3, since you want her to keep up with the super movement mounted units, I'll count it as 3 for arguments sake)

1 to Rutger

3 to Elphin 

2 to Fae

Is it?

If it's just this then you still have 4 boots left. Or you already gave some pairs to some of the other options you had listed before (like Shanna, Lance or Alan, or to one more mage like Lugh since he's close to S rank). 

I gave a total of 3 boots to Rutger and also gave 2 to lance. I also only gave Niime one pair of Boots and gave the other two to Shanna and Alan, though in retrospect it would definitely have been more optimal to give 3 to Niime.

It shouldn't affect the playthrough too much, you have pretty good units, and is basically at the end anyway. So basically, you already used them all, then? Good you managed to decide who to give'em too.