How exactly do the BEXP level ups work?

Level ups using BEXP do not handle the RNG in the same way that normal level ups do.

The normal level ups roll RNs for each stat independently and increase the stat if the RN is less than the growth rate.

BEXP level ups don't work like this, they will always result in 3 stats increasing, and it only picks stats to attempt to increase that are not yet capped.

It seems to pick the probabilities of which stats to increase as some function of the growth rates, but given the constraints the probabilities cannot simply be the growth rate probabilities. I'd really like to know what these probabilities are and how to calculate them. I have searched for this information and failed to find it. The closest I found was this thread, which does not give the full info.

So, what is the exact formula that is used to determine BEXP level ups? 

It orders it based on highest growth to lowest, in the case of ties it goes from Res backwards to HP.

This skews growth rates to a rich get richer system. Higher growths are first in line, proc often and thus lower growths get lower. Best example is Jill with no capped stats. 

She has a 45% STr growth rate, but it is like her 4th highest growth rate and ties with one or two other stats so it is like 6th or even 7th in proc order. Statistically this lowers her STr growth from 45% to a measly 21% when using BEXP only.

Thanks for your response!

So to make sure I got it right, it  makes a list of each non-capped stat and rolls RNs and checks whether they increase, with the order primarily sorted by growth rate, high to low, and secondarily sorted by the reverse order they are displayed in the stat screen (bottom to top). After 3 stats are gained it stops trying to increase any.

Is that correct?

if so, then what happens if it goes through the whole list and 3 stats are not gained (say only 2 would be)? Does it just repeat the process until a 3rd one increases?

5 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

It orders it based on highest growth to lowest, in the case of ties it goes from Res backwards to HP.

This skews growth rates to a rich get richer system. Higher growths are first in line, proc often and thus lower growths get lower. Best example is Jill with no capped stats. 

She has a 45% STr growth rate, but it is like her 4th highest growth rate and ties with one or two other stats so it is like 6th or even 7th in proc order. Statistically this lowers her STr growth from 45% to a measly 21% when using BEXP only.

This means HP, as that's almost always everyone's highest growth, is going to be disproportionately favoured using BEXP level ups. Which isn't great really. It's disproportionately higher than other stats because a single point is worth less in most scenarios.

4 hours ago, Galap said:

Thanks for your response!

So to make sure I got it right, it  makes a list of each non-capped stat and rolls RNs and checks whether they increase, with the order primarily sorted by growth rate, high to low, and secondarily sorted by the reverse order they are displayed in the stat screen (bottom to top). After 3 stats are gained it stops trying to increase any.

Is that correct?

if so, then what happens if it goes through the whole list and 3 stats are not gained (say only 2 would be)? Does it just repeat the process until a 3rd one increases?

I assume it would roll again, but there must be a breakout condition because I have had level ups where only two stats proceed because literally everything else was capped (the beauty of para-blossom Astrid).

Edited by Jotari