Any way to have anyone equip Alondite?

I'm not at all tech savvy but if I were you I'd look at how Ragnell/Amiti are locked to their units and work backwards from there. It might be decided using invisible skills in the game to prevent us from getting around it.

Using the debug menu you can add these skills to characters

0: 主人公 (SID_HERO) - Assigned to Ike. Enables Order, Direct, and use of Ragnell and the regal sword.
7: ラスボス (SID_FINAL) - Assigned to Ashnard. Enables use of Gurgurant, and disables the awarding of experience points for player units who fight them.
87: 専用B (SID_EQ_B) - Assigned to Elincia. Enables use of Amiti.
88: 専用C (SID_EQ_C) - Assigned to Giffca, Tibarn and Naesala. Enables use of the laguz band.
91: 鍵無料 (SID_KEY0) - Assigned to all thieves except Volke. Enables free unlocking of doors and chests.
93: 専用D (SID_EQ_D) - Assigned to all soldiers, halberdiers, knights, generals, sword knights, lance knights, axe knights, bow knights, and paladins. Enables use of the knight ward.

Alondite is actually locked to the Black Knight class, not a skill. At least from my testing. Taking the black knight and changing his class to General also locks his weapon.

Edited by Garnet

8 hours ago, Garnet said:

Using the debug menu you can add these skills to characters

0: 主人公 (SID_HERO) - Assigned to Ike. Enables Order, Direct, and use of Ragnell and the regal sword.
7: ラスボス (SID_FINAL) - Assigned to Ashnard. Enables use of Gurgurant, and disables the awarding of experience points for player units who fight them.
87: 専用B (SID_EQ_B) - Assigned to Elincia. Enables use of Amiti.
88: 専用C (SID_EQ_C) - Assigned to Giffca, Tibarn and Naesala. Enables use of the laguz band.
91: 鍵無料 (SID_KEY0) - Assigned to all thieves except Volke. Enables free unlocking of doors and chests.
93: 専用D (SID_EQ_D) - Assigned to all soldiers, halberdiers, knights, generals, sword knights, lance knights, axe knights, bow knights, and paladins. Enables use of the knight ward.

Alondite is actually locked to the Black Knight class, not a skill. At least from my testing. Taking the black knight and changing his class to General also locks his weapon.

Try to find out where Ballista access is assigned. As only Archers and Snipers can do that so it might work similar.

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

Try to find out where Ballista access is assigned. As only Archers and Snipers can do that so it might work similar.

• 79: シュート (SID_SHOOT) - Assigned to archers and snipers. Enables use of ballistae and longbows.

I tried to find a way for a bit, but it seems locked to the black knights class and not skills. 80930ED0 is the hex for the regular general, and 80933518 is the hex for the black knight, even though it also says General.

I was able to forcefully equip the weapon, but it's still grayed out and not usable.

The only way I was able to attack with it was to have his class be the black knight, and then right before the animation plays, switch it away to a different class, but that's not realistic.

Maybe if you tried editing the rom directly or used Jespoke's FE9 editor, although I don't think it has that feature.

The only other way I can imagine figuring this out would be to switch between the general classes and repeatedly search and test every changed bit of memory, but without knowing what value you are searching for, that's very effortful.

Or you could just texture edit ragnell and change it's name to alondite, if you wanted to give up ragnell for the specific playthrough.