An idea for a contest

Mufasa

Kinda an unserious thing to be having in the questions and suggestions board, but it falls in that category.

Being an admin at Tales Cronicles (subtle advertising. I'm not proud, but hey, it works.) I'm aware that there is a word censor function on the admin PC, so I was thinking, that maybe you can pick some random word, and make the censor thing change the word to something along the lines of "You have won the Magic Word Contest." Don't tell the users what the exact phrasing is, as people will be liars and cheaters.

The winner could get 100 posts or like with what you did for the different color names, it will promote posting in the topics resulting in the forest being more active, and we can avoid the chaotic mindless spamming that timed close topics cause.

Just a suggestion for a game. (I have it already set up at Tales Chronicles.)

So making a game that people will win by posting random words will cut down on spam? I don't think so.

I never said it would cut down on spam.

ITs a cheap way to earn posts when you havent earned them. I say it doesn't suit Sf.

That hasn't stopped contests before. And what SF have you been on?

Nothing will stop it. Plus a game for post count is really immature, I don't see any admin going for this.

Alright, fine, geeze. Sorry for trying to make a game. Take it easy.

A contest in FFTF wouldn't be such a terrible idea. Since that's where I assumed it would be...

Also, we've had spammy contests before (eg. last poster before auto-lock) and they were relatively okay.

What I would be worried about is people just typing out, "You have won the blablabla contest". XD So you should probably have to PM the word to an administrator(but would it still be censored?).

What I would be worried about is people just typing out, "You have won the blablabla contest". XD So you should probably have to PM the word to an administrator(but would it still be censored?).

That would be why the admins don't directly say what the win thing is. They could do any combination of something like: "YoU hAvE wOn!!" Only the admins will know for sure.

And the prize doesn't have to be postcounts. It was just a throwaway idea. And it seems less spammy then other contests we've had.

1. Lyle, do not try to make it look like I am angry, otherwise you will find me so quite quickly.

2. Celice I have no idea what you just said.

Sorry. I didn't mean for it to look that way.

2. Celice I have no idea what you just said.

I think he missed a word: more.

Put it in between "It's" and "immature" and you'll get what he's been trying to say to you. ;)

Edited by Eltoshen

I'm not really going to complain about the spam, because that would happen anyways regardless of a contest going on or not, but I do think there is no real prize we could give the winner of such contest that would mean anything.

Not to mention such a contest would serve almost no point. Maybe it'll be fun to some people, but certainly not to myself, as it sounds rather boring. It doesn't give me an incentive to post, as you don't even win anything worthwhile, as I'm sure a lot of others will think too.

A contest in FFTF wouldn't be such a terrible idea. Since that's where I assumed it would be...

Also, we've had spammy contests before (eg. last poster before auto-lock) and they were relatively okay.

and the epic "Masu vs Bianchi spam topic" that reached over 500 pages : D