How to force melee animation for handaxe

Liimustelieth

Hi guys, how can I force melee animation for throwing axes? Like the javelin that got different animation when used melee or ranged

Because I use the FEBuilder I know that lances use one animation file when axes use two (one for melee, one for ranged). And because of that I know it would probably difficult to patch it, but if someone got clues or ideas on how to do it that would be great

fb4f79bb3c8fea0f0672da4b54f88ebe.png 

I think this is what you mean? change the animation ID 1A in the top to 19. which is the same as their melee, do that for all handaxe type weapons.

Thanks for answering!

But that doesn't work, because doing that indeed force the melee animation for the handaxes, but it does force the melee animation for melee and ranged attacks (and so freeze the game when using the throwing axe weapons at ranged)

As the javelin get used as a normal lance at close range and get thrown at long range, I would like the handaxe type weapons to get used as a normal axe at close range, and get thrown at long range

1 hour ago, Liimustelieth said:

Thanks for answering!

But that doesn't work, because doing that indeed force the melee animation for the handaxes, but it does force the melee animation for melee and ranged attacks (and so freeze the game when using the throwing axe weapons at ranged)

As the javelin get used as a normal lance at close range and get thrown at long range, I would like the handaxe type weapons to get used as a normal axe at close range, and get thrown at long range

1. Always check to see if there's a patch for what you want to do. If there is, great, if there isn't, continue

2.Export the Melee Axe animation as "Battle Animation There is a Comment". Call the resulting text file MeleeAxe or something.

3.Export the Ranged Axe animation to the same folder under "Battle Animation There is a Comment". Call the resulting text file RangedAxe or something.

4.You should now have a folder with all the frames of both hand axe animations. Open both the text files. This is the instruction for the game to compile the images into an animation. There are different sections for hits, misses, dodges and criticals, all at ranged and melee. Copy the ranged animation scripts from the ranged axe text file into the meele text file or vice versa, so you have a text file that mixes the two.

5.Import the text file to an animation ID in FEBuilder and viola, you should have an animation that looks one way when attacking at range, and another way when attacking at melee.

Edited by Jotari

21 hours ago, Liimustelieth said:

Thanks for answering!

I really misunderstood the question, I read that you wanted all the ramged animations gone, i apologise for that!

Posted (edited)

Hello again guys!

5 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I really misunderstood the question, I read that you wanted all the ramged animations gone, i apologise for that!

Don't worry about this!

And thanks for your answer as well Jotari!

I did search for answer before asking help, but I only found people asking/sharing stuff about forcing range animation (on sword and javelin-like lance, so quite the opposite haha). I've tested your method on all axe users in FE7 & FE8 so it takes me some times to setup everything

Now when I use a Iron Axe or an Handaxe at melee range:
 - The standing animation works
 - The attack animation works
 - The critical attack animation works
 - The miss animation works
 - The damage taken animation works
 - The dodge animation works

And when I use an Handaxe at ranged:
 - The dodge animation do not works…

I mean it doesn’t freeze the game or anything, but the handaxe transforms into a axe during dodge frames, then reverts to an handaxe immediately afterwards. But it's normal because of how the vanilla game handle the axe animation

Well since almost everything works like a charm I won't complain haha

Thanks again for your answers guys!

Edited by Liimustelieth

7 hours ago, Liimustelieth said:

Hello again guys!

Don't worry about this!

And thanks for your answer as well Jotari!

I did search for answer before asking help, but I only found people asking/sharing stuff about forcing range animation (on sword and javelin-like lance, so quite the opposite haha). I've tested your method on all axe users in FE7 & FE8 so it takes me some times to setup everything

Now when I use a Iron Axe or an Handaxe at melee range:
 - The dodge animation works

And when I use an Handaxe at ranged:
 - The dodge animation do not works…

I mean it doesn’t freeze the game or anything, but the handaxe transforms into a axe during dodge frames, then reverts to an handaxe immediately afterwards. But it's normal because of how the vanilla game handle the axe animation

Well since almost everything works like a charm I won't complain haha

Thanks again for your answers guys!

Go to the animation id, like what's pictured above and hit editor. That. Will let you see the animation being played out like it would in the game. When dealing with full animations it's much easier to use the script method I told you before, but for changing just one or two frames the editor is easier. Find the melee dodge animation in the editor and change what needs to be changed to the images of the hand axe dodge.